Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Worst weather conditions you've ever played?

64 replies to this topic

#61 bobbydazzlewazzler

bobbydazzlewazzler

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345271
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

Today i had St Enedoc practically to myself. 50 mph winds, rain, hail explained this.. The skies opened shortly after the my first tee shot and I was saturated with wet feet before i got to the first green (1st is a par 5 which i doubled... btw this was the first time my dry joy tours had leaked). Rain continued on and off from moderate to torrential plus hail all the way to the 5th where i sheltered for a bit then continued onwards. The 7th is arguably the most exposed hole on the course, the wind was preventing the ball from staying on the tee so had to re-tee it 3 or 4 times and i struggled standing up let alone addressing the ball. Eventually managed to get a half decent drive away into a 50 mph wind and started walking to my ball when the hail really came in, totally obscured my vision. I dived into the dunes to hide from the weather, then ventured out to go and hit my shot (a 3 wood 220 yards which eventually ended up going about 170), however i had to run back to the dunes and hide again as the conditions were so so bad, before returning to my ball for another go... Luckily this was the last of the heavy showers and i was just bullied by the fierce wind for the rest of the round.. Several footpaths dissect the course and i had various walkers ask me if i was mad.. I strangely enjoyed the experience as st enedoc is a truly special place to play although decided against another 18 this afternoon as my hands still feel a bit odd still having got so very very cold earlier..Posted ImagePosted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 SBH9458

SBH9458

Go Army! Beat Navy!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337505
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

Played in blowing snow with our oldest son when he was younger. I will never forget it....cold as can be, but surely was fun. Also, playing in ugly wind with our youngest. Punishing. As in could not come close to reaching a par 4 in 3, with three smoked shots. Again, will never forget it and the fun we had.

#63 brkuck

brkuck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47240
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

Played last February on the far south side of Chicago.  25* when we started and about 25 MPH winds.  Started snowing just after the 8th hole and didnt stop.  Miserable, but we do something similar every year.

#64 tmartin89

tmartin89

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394608
  • Handicap:+0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Kingsbarns in Scotland. Rain coming in sideways, mist of the ocean with about 50 yards visabilty. Probably 35 degrees.
As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.

#65 SilentBob37

SilentBob37

Lunchbox

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429386
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

Played on a freezing, drizzly, windy Christmas Day a few years ago. My approach into number one bounced up pretty high when it hit the green with a wedge.

Face and hands were numb a couple of holes in.

All of this was worth it to keep from having to spend the day with my new (at the time) and currently ex-father in law’s family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors