Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone use Pebble Time Round with GolfPad?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 447

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Has anyone used a Pebble Time Round with GolfPad?  I'm currently using a Magellan Echo which is working extremely well given the price ($12) and fact that I don't have to worry about charging it, but I can pickup a Time Round pretty cheap and thought it might make a decent upgrade.  Just curious if the buttons are intuitive and it otherwise works well given the round layout.  I'll be using it in conjunction with GolfPad and Tags as well, so the watch buttons won't be the primary input method.

Thanks in advance!

Cobra King F7 Driver 10.5* | Matrix 60Q4 Red Tie S
Cobra King F7 3/4w 14.5* | Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie R
Cobra King F7 5/6w 18.5* | Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie R
Cobra King F7 4/5h 22* | Matrix HQ4 Red Tie R
Cobra Forged Tec 5i - Gw | TT Dynamic Gold R300   
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 3-Dot RTG 55* | TT DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wide RTG 60* | TT DG Wedge
Odyssey Tank #7 | 35" Counterbalance

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Duke of Hazards

Duke of Hazards

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57683
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostIsleOfMan, on 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Has anyone used a Pebble Time Round with GolfPad?  I'm currently using a Magellan Echo which is working extremely well given the price ($12) and fact that I don't have to worry about charging it, but I can pickup a Time Round pretty cheap and thought it might make a decent upgrade.  Just curious if the buttons are intuitive and it otherwise works well given the round layout.  I'll be using it in conjunction with GolfPad and Tags as well, so the watch buttons won't be the primary input method.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I've used the Pebble Time Round with Golfpad GPS.  It works fine.  In fact, I preferred it as my primary input method, over Tags

#3 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 447

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Does it let you select club from the watch?  If so, how easy/difficult is it to do so?  Neither the Magellan Echo or Android Wear let you select club from the watch.
Cobra King F7 Driver 10.5* | Matrix 60Q4 Red Tie S
Cobra King F7 3/4w 14.5* | Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie R
Cobra King F7 5/6w 18.5* | Matrix 65Q4 Red Tie R
Cobra King F7 4/5h 22* | Matrix HQ4 Red Tie R
Cobra Forged Tec 5i - Gw | TT Dynamic Gold R300   
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 3-Dot RTG 55* | TT DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wide RTG 60* | TT DG Wedge
Odyssey Tank #7 | 35" Counterbalance

#4 Duke of Hazards

Duke of Hazards

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57683
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

No it doesn't. There are 3 buttons on the right side of the Pebble (top, middle, bottom) and one button on the left side.   The button on the left side 'exits' you (like a 'back button' on Android). The top right button is PREVIOUS HOLE, bottom right button is NEXT HOLE. Middle right button takes you to a SHOT SELECT SCREEN with 5 options, defaulting to the top selection 'MARK SHOT', you can then use the bottom right button to scroll down through  the 5 options.

MARK SHOT
ADD PUTT (NOT GPS LOCATED, JUST A +1 PUTT)
ADD PENALTY
UNDO
SET FLAG

Once you've highlighted one of those 5 options, you can click the MIDDLE RIGHT BUTTON a 2nd time to select it, or you can simply leave it highlighted for 2 seconds and the watch will select that option.

To be honest, I'm currently using Game Golf's free Android app (and companion Pebble app), which does allow you to select your club with the Pebble App, but I prefer GolfPad's system as it's more elegant in actual play. Essentially a single press of that MIDDLE RIGHT BUTTON to mark a shot.   It's innocuous and doesn't require me to look away from my club, the ball, the hole, etc.    A single click (or double click) on the wrist and the shot is marked.   There's far less 'fiddling' around with your wrist while playing the hole (Game Golf's pebble app has me clicking down through the whole set of clubs from Driver to 7i as I'm setting up my approach shot).  I'm sitting there with my playing partner in the cart as I'm looking at my wrist, clicking 7 times.

You simply remember the clubs you hit, then pull out your phone after you walk off the green, and quickly enter the clubs you hit (Golfpad's system you can select the club and quickly advance to the next shot.  Take just a couple of seconds to enter all 4-6 clubs (on average) you hit and the lie (putt from fringe, sand, etc).

I also much prefer having the UNDO button on the watch in case I inadvertently added an extra shot, and having the ADD PENALTY and MARK FLAG options are also extremely handy.

The only reasons I'm currently using Game Golf is

- ability to edit rounds on PC (primarily the putt locations/distances) which affects APPROACH/SHORT GAME/PUTTING strokes gained stats (3 of the 4 main
categories)
- more accurate on fairway and bunker detection
- deeper strokes gained stats

but GolfPad's app and companion watch app are both better.

Edited by Duke of Hazards, 05 September 2017 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors