Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

my new love a vokey custom grind

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alldaygolferpar

alldaygolferpar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35966
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

i got this at golf galaxy used almost new for $41.99

DSC02122.JPG

sweet grind

DSC02123.JPG

clean look

DSC02124.JPG

swing rite grip with bv on it i think im in love

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tourblade

tourblade

TourBlade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37710
  • Ebay ID:TAHOE333

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

Now throw a m-grind on it so you an open it up a little bit and you are set.
If you have never used a p-grind you might want to give joe kwok a PM he can best describe the best way to use it, to get the most of out of it you have to swing it a bit differently than most wedges.
I used one for a while, it was incredible out of the rough or sand but off of hard-pan it was difficult to slide under it.

#3 alldaygolferpar

alldaygolferpar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:02 AM

tourblade, on Mar 30 2008, 12:41 AM, said:

Now throw a m-grind on it so you an open it up a little bit and you are set.
If you have never used a p-grind you might want to give joe kwok a PM he can best describe the best way to use it, to get the most of out of it you have to swing it a bit differently than most wedges.
I used one for a while, it was incredible out of the rough or sand but off of hard-pan it was difficult to slide under it.
thanks man ill see how i like it it seem easy for me to hit it off the hard carpet a golf galaxy its like hard pan

i play in oklahoma so im use to the hard pan

did i make a good deal on it i trade my old worn out spin milled and payed 13 and got this

#4 Ramsey16

Ramsey16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48448
  • Ebay ID:al_steveram

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

Should pinch it off of hardpan anyways, sliding it under isn't the best swing thought before a shot off of the hard stuff.

#5 tourblade

tourblade

TourBlade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

Ramsey, i agree with you, you should pinch it off hard pan, but sometimes when "we" go "brain-dead" and try to hit a high soft lob off a tight lie over a bunker to a tucked pin because like a fool "we" went for it, it helps to have a m-grind on it also.

I might be mistaken but i think the p-grind vokey comes with 10-degrees of bounce, a m-grind would bring it down to @ 7-degrees, After i put a m-grind on mine i could set it square and it sits very flush to the turf but when opened-up you get the advatage of a "second" bounce, hence the p-grind.

p_grind.jpg

Edited by tourblade, 30 March 2008 - 07:05 AM.

#6 BFC

BFC

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42750
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:35 AM

tourblade, on Mar 30 2008, 08:02 AM, said:

Ramsey, i agree with you, you should pinch it off hard pan, but sometimes when "we" go "brain-dead" and try to hit a high soft lob off a tight lie over a bunker to a tucked pin because like a fool "we" went for it, it helps to have a m-grind on it also.

I might be mistaken but i think the p-grind vokey comes with 10-degrees of bounce, a m-grind would bring it down to @ 7-degrees, After i put a m-grind on mine i could set it square and it sits very flush to the turf but when opened-up you get the advatage of a "second" bounce, hence the p-grind.

p_grind.jpg

Oh man that wedge is just rude! :clapping:   I'm in love.

#7 tourblade

tourblade

TourBlade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:41 AM

BFC, yup-thats joe kwok for you.
If you like to open up the face and lower your hands a lot for different shots the p-grind is not for you.  I noticed it worked best with the face square, hands just in front of your zipper and let the head do all the work (dead hands), the ball pops straight up out of sand or rough, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE FOR IT TO WORK.

#8 alldaygolferpar

alldaygolferpar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

BFC, on Mar 30 2008, 06:35 AM, said:

tourblade, on Mar 30 2008, 08:02 AM, said:

p_grind.jpg

Oh man that wedge is just rude! :clapping:   I'm in love.

Oh man man you got a wicked spin mill right there one of the finest ive seen

ya you should pinch it with the way the groves on wedges spin now a days you get enough to stop it i already tried it of hard pan and i love it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors