Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2017 European Masters

2017 european tour switzerland

40 replies to this topic

#31 Shotts

Shotts

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478100
  • Joined: 08/08/2017
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

Young lad Fitzpatrick playing well at the moment.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Lancj1

Lancj1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378618
  • Joined: 06/01/2015
  • Location:St Helens, Merseyside, UK
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Lancj1
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'm watching and it's enjoyable.

Sadly, and I think this every time the Tour is off the British Isles, no one seems interested and the atmosphere is non existent. Nice golf, nice views, nice courses, no fans or atmosphere.

I'm starting to think the only reason we run these events is so that we can rustle up a half decent Ryder Cup team, and you can't play every week at Wentworth

Edited by Lancj1, 10 September 2017 - 07:00 AM.

Driver - Callaway XR16 10.5*
Callaway XR 3&5 Woods
Callaway XR Hybrid  4/22
Ping G400 Green Dot AWS R Flex 5-LW
Taylor Made Spider Tour Platinum

- My 7 iron carries 145 yards with my 73 mph swing speed -

2

#33 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 4808

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

View PostLancj1, on 10 September 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I'm watching and it's enjoyable.

Sadly, and I think this every time the Tour is off the British Isles, no one seems interested and the atmosphere is non existent. Nice golf, nice views, nice courses, no fans or atmosphere.

I'm starting to think the only reason we run these events is so that we can rustle up a half decent Ryder Cup team, and you can't play every week at Wentworth

Didn't watch last week did you?

3

#34 OldTomMorris

OldTomMorris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129568
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:Edinburgh, Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 10 September 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

View PostLancj1, on 10 September 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I'm watching and it's enjoyable.

Sadly, and I think this every time the Tour is off the British Isles, no one seems interested and the atmosphere is non existent. Nice golf, nice views, nice courses, no fans or atmosphere.

I'm starting to think the only reason we run these events is so that we can rustle up a half decent Ryder Cup team, and you can't play every week at Wentworth

Didn't watch last week did you?

In the coming weeks the Dutch Open, British Masters and Italian Open will have fantastic atmospheres.

Edited by OldTomMorris, 10 September 2017 - 08:31 AM.


4

#35 KennyP

KennyP

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47458
  • Joined: 01/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

Wonder how much Scott Hend gets paid to have DONG-A on his hat?


5

#36 OldTomMorris

OldTomMorris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129568
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:Edinburgh, Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostOldTomMorris, on 09 September 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostiBanesto, on 08 September 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Scott Hend must love Switzerland.

Yes he has a very good record there but Hend struggles to get over the line. I still like Fitzpatrick he also has a very good record at this tournament, if he closes the gap on Saturday and is in good position for Sunday I'd make him favourite.

I was rooting for Hend but I was never convinced he was going to do it.

6

#37 Hankshank

Hankshank

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314115
  • Joined: 05/10/2014
  • Location:Central Scandinavia
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Congrats to Fitzpatrick, but I would have liked to see the reaction from Mrs Hend if her husband had drained that putt on the 2nd playoff hole.

7

#38 NaBUru38

NaBUru38

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406458
  • Joined: 12/23/2015
  • Location:Uruguay
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Paraguayan player Fabrizio Zanotti finished 3rd, nice!

8

#39 Oz Max

Oz Max

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339899
  • Joined: 09/17/2014
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:80's
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:58 PM

Shame it was getting too late for me, I missed the last 4 holes and play off. Fitzpatrick seemed on a roll, while Hend couldn't shut the door, can't say I'm surprised by the result.
And regarding the crowds, I would think the Swiss alps are not the easiest destination for golf fans, downhill skiing or curling maybe!

9

#40 Hankshank

Hankshank

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314115
  • Joined: 05/10/2014
  • Location:Central Scandinavia
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

View PostOz Max, on 10 September 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

Shame it was getting too late for me, I missed the last 4 holes and play off. Fitzpatrick seemed on a roll, while Hend couldn't shut the door, can't say I'm surprised by the result.
And regarding the crowds, I would think the Swiss alps are not the easiest destination for golf fans, downhill skiing or curling maybe!
They talked about that on the Scandinavian broadcasting. One of the commentators (Pierre Fulke, a man with a really pleasant voice and good things to say) actually finsihed runner-up in the tournament '94, and has been there multiple times. And even though its in the Alps it's only a reasonably short drive or train ride from big towns like Lausanne and Geneve. A wonderful drive too, according to him.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 638

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:20 AM

I was there Saturday and Sunday and agree with you. The only explanation I habe is the weather. It was bitterly cold on both days. I wish they could move the tournament back to July again.
Callaway GBB Epic SubZero 9° MRC Diamana BF 60TX
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0311X 1 Iron Accra Tour 100i
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
TaylorMade JD Spider

11




Also tagged with 2017, european tour, switzerland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors