Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

The long putter & Sr Tour

long putter langer mccarron broomstick

52 replies to this topic

#1 augustgolf

augustgolf

Golf with dignity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 2204

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Interesting to see that the top 2 players on the Senior Tour now are Langer and McCarron, after his win this week.

Is this going to be something that causes more discussion about the long putter and possible anchoring by other players, the Sr. Tour administration, or just plain old fans wanting to discuss this more?

Or, am I waving at ghosts here?

I used the long putter at one time, but never anchored it to my body, prefering instead to putt down the line side saddle style.

Putted great with it on exceptionally fast greens, but not so well on slower surfaces.

But I didn't feel the necessity to change to make the change over to using it full time.

What say you, oh forum members?????

Edited by augustgolf, 04 September 2017 - 02:53 PM.

Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 gvogel

gvogel

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 1265

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

I've said it before.  The USGA sets the maximum length of a club at 48".  

There should be no exception for a putter.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

#3 imakaveli

imakaveli

Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3611

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Nobody cares about the long putter as long as they don't win again on the PGA Tour. When (and if) this will happen again... nevermind, nobody cares anyway

#4 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
GolfWRX Likes : 2660

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

You're waving at ghosts.  When they announced the anchoring ban, people were saying, they weren't banning the long putter.  You just had learn to putt with it without anchoring.  Now some guys have figured out how to putt with them without anchoring and everyone is now mad that they did.  They can't accept the fact that the USGA and the PGA both have said that they aren't anchoring and continue the whining and accusations.  I guess if you yell loud enough and long enough, it will become the truth.  It's working for some guy with orange skin and bad hair.

Get over it.  
:deadhorse:
Ping G400 9 TFC 419 Stiff at 45" Ping G30 10.5 Ping TFC 419 Reg or Stiff Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff X2 Hot 5-PW Recoil Reg - D2 Vokey SM2 52 cc Ping ES 56 and ES 60 Scotty X7M Dual 38"

#5 rafal

rafal

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95401
GolfWRX Likes : 1876

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

View Postimakaveli, on 04 September 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Nobody cares about the long putter as long as they don't win again on the PGA Tour. When (and if) this will happen again... nevermind, nobody cares anyway

That's how I feel about it.  Senior Tour is unwatchable with or without long putters.  Having McCarron as their superstar speaks volumes and does nothing for ratings.

TM R15 430TP 10.5* Matrix Ozik HD6 S
TM R15 3HL Matrix Ozik HD6 S
TM R15 Rescue 3&4 PXi 5.5
Titleist AP2 5-P PXi 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
TM DLL+ 34.5"

#6 Outlier

Outlier

OUTLIER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 288

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Yup....I am NO FAN of Brandel Chamblee.....I think he is a 2 dollar perm wearing, wrong generation marrying, provocateur.  HOWEVER he was and is dead on point with his critique of McCarron and the German.  They are anchoring (cheating) in plain sight.  

It is the ultimate in hypocrisy and the governing bodies look like ABSOLUTE FOOLS every time Langer or McCarron is on T.V. .

#7 Mudguard

Mudguard

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114531
GolfWRX Likes : 268

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

I think the R&A and USGA should just concede that they worded the rule poorly and just allow anchoring.

What is to stop someone of anchoring again, accepting the penalty, and then putt normally for whatever division of the club champs they find themselves in. It would be worst case of sand bagging in history. If they anchored for all but tap ins, shoot 80, 32 putts, 16 of which have a 2 stroke penalty added, shoot 112.

I think the point is, unlike using illegal equipment, where you are disqualified if you make one stroke with it, the anchoring rule lets the penalties pile up. I think the whole rule change was ridiculous.

Edited by Mudguard, 04 September 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#8 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3228

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

"What is to stop someone of anchoring again, accepting the penalty, and then putt normally for whatever division of the club champs they find themselves in. It would be worst case of sand bagging in history. If they anchored for all but tap ins, shoot 80, 32 putts, 16 of which have a 2 stroke penalty added, shoot 112."

Is this a real question?

#9 rockinar

rockinar

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63491
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

The people who want the broomstick banned are the same guys

View PostOutlier, on 04 September 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yup....I am NO FAN of Brandel Chamblee.....I think he is a 2 dollar perm wearing, wrong generation marrying, provocateur.  HOWEVER he was and is dead on point with his critique of McCarron and the German.  They are anchoring (cheating) in plain sight.  

Chamblee was against the ban and said they are not anchoring or cheating. He says the USGA dropped the ball in their wording and that's the problem.

Skip to 1:03

https://www.youtube....h?v=dBSykngU2OI

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 11.09.46 PM.png

Edited by rockinar, 04 September 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#10 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

• 13,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
GolfWRX Likes : 23107

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

While I respect every member who's posted in this thread, I wholeheartedly disagree with the opinion that Bernhardt Langer is cheating and somehow getting away with anchoring. This very assumption  defies all common sense and reasonable logic so I will not even go into the why nots, lol

Bernhard is an Amazing Champion and one of the 4-5 Best Euro Players ever to hit our shores.

I don't give a......... how he putts.

It's legal, He's a Great Champion, end of discussion

Get over it

Have a Great week Gals & Gents🍻
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 06 September 2017 - 10:01 AM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....

GHIN: Beefeater 24

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386826
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 379

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

I attempted to use the long putter several times in the past and it was not all that mind blowing. As was stated, on fast greens it's not bad, but sucks on slow greens. After watching Bernie and McC using it to win I decided to try it again, but this time not anchoring. I hold it a good 3-4 inches away from my chest and let the right hand have free reign. Putted like that last night and was amazed that after a few get acquainted strokes, it felt really smooth and I was filling the cup from different lengths. Granted, this was just on the putting green with no pressure, but I fully intend to give it a try this weekend. The added benefit is that I can at least practice without my back talking back at me. I've always been out spoken about the USGA/R&A's ban after it being legal for well over 20 years.

#12 johnseg

johnseg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 342437
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Terribly written rule. Intent should never be in the rules.  Personally I don't know where I stand on the issue. Had a friend that used the belly putter and he felt like as long as he did his mechanics correctly it was always on his intended line. That is my anecdotal evidence that it works. At the same time I don't care because I could do it as well if I wanted to.

What was the reason to ban croquet style putting? It was purely aesthetics and probably the wrong decision as well.

Let people play the game how they want. Any advantage gained is marginal and available to all.

#13 Anchor44

Anchor44

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189544
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

View Postaugustgolf, on 04 September 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Interesting to see that the top 2 players on the Senior Tour now are Langer and McCarron, after his win this week.

Is this going to be something that causes more discussion about the long putter and possible anchoring by other players, the Sr. Tour administration, or just plain old fans wanting to discuss this more?

I used the long putter at one time, but never anchored it to my body, prefering instead to putt down the line side saddle style.

Putted great with it on exceptionally fast greens, but not so well on slower surfaces.

But I didn't feel the necessity to change to make the change over to using it full time.

No matter how long or short the putter, if the club is touching anything other than your hands, it's anchoring. Why should the putting stroke be the only exception? With  Every other shot in golf, the club is held only by the hands.

#14 nic19

nic19

Advanced

• 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380934
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostForged4ever, on 05 September 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

While I respect every member who's posted in this thread, I wholeheartedly disagree with the opinion that Bernhardt Lamger is cheating and somehow getting away with anchoring. This very assumption  defies all common sense and reasonable logic so I will not even go into the why nots, lol

Bernhard is an Amazing Champion and one of the 4-5 Best Euro Players ever to hit our shores.

Get over it

Have a Great week Gals & Gents🍻
RP
this👍💪

#15 nic19

nic19

Advanced

• 384 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

The ban seems to have been a body blow to Tim Clark. Great player who putted like that because of injury. Banning it is a joke. What's next ? Limiting the loft on wedges?

#16 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

The biggest factor, as far as the initial ban of the long / belly putters was that they took the wrists, which play an integral part of making a stroke, out of the equation. That coupled with a few wins and some players, a couple who were non relevant on the big tour, started squawking and it steam rolled from there. Now here IMO is where a bigger problem may surface and that's with the arm lock putting grip. This grip also removes the wrist from the stroke and contrary to what other's my think is anchoring. It just looks more palatable. I realize all this has been discussed before, but I would love to see a tour player buck the powers and force litigation on the subject. It apparently worked for VJ so why not. As I have said, it was legal for well over 20 years and because of some whiners, the USGA/R&A made a quasi political ruling which actually hurt the game in general.

#17 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

• 13,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
GolfWRX Likes : 23107

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

View Postdisco111, on 06 September 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

The biggest factor, as far as the initial ban of the long / belly putters was that they took the wrists, which play an integral part of making a stroke, out of the equation. That coupled with a few wins and some players, a couple who were non relevant on the big tour, started squawking and it steam rolled from there. Now here IMO is where a bigger problem may surface and that's with the arm lock putting grip. This grip also removes the wrist from the stroke and contrary to what other's my think is anchoring. It just looks more palatable. I realize all this has been discussed before, but I would love to see a tour player buck the powers and force litigation on the subject. It apparently worked for VJ so why not. As I have said, it was legal for well over 20 years and because of some whiners, the USGA/R&A made a quasi political ruling which actually hurt the game in general.
Good morning/afternoon👊

Regarding the arm lock grip, is it possible to use this grip with a belly length putter with the standard 2-3* of putter loft or must one get a putter with 6-7* of loft?

Is there any way to compensate for the required loft with a standard lofted putter?

Thanks much🍻

My Best,
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 14 September 2017 - 11:03 PM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....

GHIN: Beefeater 24

#18 Langlands

Langlands

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4012
GolfWRX Likes : 570

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

All about opinions when it comes to putting. Ewen Murray on Sky said on air a few weeks ago that he used the arm lock method in the 80s, and Seve stated he felt it should be banned then. I'm surprised they didn't ban it at the same time as anchoring to the belly/chest.

#19 Sun Devil

Sun Devil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 408462
  • Handicap:9.6
GolfWRX Likes : 920

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

People watch the Champion's Tour?  Seriously?   I don't and really do not care how they putt on the Annuity Tour.  As long as it doesn't permeate to the PGA.
Titleist 910 D2 Diamana Stiff
M2 HL 3wood
Ping G25 hybrid TourAd UT-85s
Callaway Apex CF16 Irons with Aerotech Steel Fiber I95 Stiff; Soft Stepped; +1/2"; flat 1 degree
Cleveland Wedges 50,56,60 with Nippon N.S.Pro 1050GH S
Ping Sigma G Tyne Putter
ProV1

#20 nic19

nic19

Advanced

• 384 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostSun Devil, on 06 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

People watch the Champion's Tour?  Seriously?   I don't and really do not care how they putt on the Annuity Tour.  As long as it doesn't permeate to the PGA.
love it! These players are still brilliant...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3228

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Certainly not the best players in the world but watch 30 minutes of champs tour coverage and you will see about 25 full shots, a dozens putts and a few replays between 2 commercial break.  Watch 30 minutes of PGA tour on cbs and you will see 5 full shots on tape, 3 live putts, Jim Nantz telling you about Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas' friendship, and 5 commercial breaks. I like watching the champions tour - they show waayyyyyyy more..........golf.

#22 2putttom

2putttom

# 1 Oregon Duck fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3720

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

and half of em' live in your state
Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

#23 gvogel

gvogel

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 1265

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

the Champions Tour is a putting tour, and 3 of the top guys are using the broom stick.  McCarron, Langer and Mayfair are three guys having careers on the Senior tour which is better than their ball striking ability.

Longer hits it good, but his results with the broom stick are way better than they would be with another method.

The USGA really screwed up when they allowed the broom stick in the first place.  When a player uses a broom stick, they use a levering action - fixed at the top and one hand providing the stroke.  That is not typical of any other golf stroke.  

Harvey Penick said that the hands should be together when putting - that was a proper putting stroke.  I happen to agree.  Long putters should be banned.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

#24 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

View Postgvogel, on 10 September 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

the Champions Tour is a putting tour, and 3 of the top guys are using the broom stick.  McCarron, Langer and Mayfair are three guys having careers on the Senior tour which is better than their ball striking ability.

Longer hits it good, but his results with the broom stick are way better than they would be with another method.

The USGA really screwed up when they allowed the broom stick in the first place.  When a player uses a broom stick, they use a levering action - fixed at the top and one hand providing the stroke.  That is not typical of any other golf stroke.  

Harvey Penick said that the hands should be together when putting - that was a proper putting stroke.  I happen to agree.  Long putters should be banned.

Lets look at the different grips in use on tour...........1) left hand low, which allows one hand to make the stroke - you won't see any wrists in making the stroke. 2) The arm lock stroke. again this is an anchored putting stroke that is all one handed. 3) The pencil grip or right hand open and palm facing the ground is also a one handed stroke with the left hand/wrist locked and the right hand pushing. There's other grips/strokes out there I'm sure, but the point is made. You want equality / fairness or whatever label one wishes to us, then it's very easy............ban every other grip/putting stroke except for Penick's choice............ Contrary to what folks think about the long/broom stick putter, it was legal for well over 20 years and was available for anyone to use, if they so chose. The ban was nothing more than a quasi political move to appease a few well known players that started to b****, because after all those years, players that used it started to win a couple of events.

#25 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
GolfWRX Likes : 408

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostForged4ever, on 06 September 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Good morning/afternoon��

Regarding the arm lock grip, is it possible to use this grip with an a belly length putter with the standard 2-3* of putter loft or must one get a putter with 6-7* of loft?

Is there any way to compensate for the required loft with a standard lofted putter?

Thanks much��

My Best,
RP

Try left hand low. IMO, a regular belly will work as an armlock without the extra loft with the left hand below the right.

Edited by ws6, 11 September 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#26 augustgolf

augustgolf

Golf with dignity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 2204

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostAnchor44, on 05 September 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

View Postaugustgolf, on 04 September 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

No matter how long or short the putter, if the club is touching anything other than your hands, it's anchoring. Why should the putting stroke be the only exception? With  Every other shot in golf, the club is held only by the hands.

Why did the croquet stroke get banned???? It was held only with the hands. It was because you could straddle the line behind the ball, where you could obviously see the line much better, and use a stroke that matched up with seeing the line.

I have always appreciated how innovators were able to see things in golf that the vast majority of golfers couldn't. Why did it take Karsten Solheim and his engineering to figure out how to create a perimeter weighting that could be mass produced, and that effectively increased the margin by which you could miss the sweet spot and still keep an acceptable shot.

Why did it take so long for putters to have different types of grooves to keep the ball on line better, or faces with bulge and roll.

Even Sarazed, when he created the sand wedge (IMHO, one of the greatest improvements in the game of golf) faced criticism, because his club design made it "easier" to play, and some people thought that was an unfair advantagel

I think that everyone should be allowed to use the long putter...period. And, if you want to anchor it....fine.

Are we going to ban lefthanded golf clubs and players, because they are the minority?

Again....I think that this whole matter is/was/has been handled very poorly by the USGA, but that doesn't surprise me much.

Thanks, all, for your input...especially you, Richard! Hadn't seen you for a while, and I hope that all is well in your world. Say "hi" to your better half for me (in case she doesn't see my well wishes)
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

#27 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 10,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4766

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostForged4ever, on 05 September 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

While I respect every member who's posted in this thread, I wholeheartedly disagree with the opinion that Bernhardt Langer is cheating and somehow getting away with anchoring. This very assumption  defies all common sense and reasonable logic so I will not even go into the why nots, lol

Get over it

Have a Great week Gals & Gents��
RP

I don't blame BL, I blame the USGA for writing a horribly thought out rule.  Same with the wedge groove rule and the COR rule.  Too late to the table and now we have opened Pandora's box.  

The rules of golf need to be simplified, not made more complicated.  I know they are working on doing just that so here is hoping they do a good job of pulling it off.  Hopfeully common sense will prevail.
Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

#28 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Hopfeully common sense will prevail.

:cheesy:

#29 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 10,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4766

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

View Postdisco111, on 11 September 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Hopfeully common sense will prevail.

:cheesy:
Well, now that you put it THAT way...my post does seem a bit ridiculous.
Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

#30 Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439120
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 217

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

havent't mccarron and langer openly stated that putting un-anchored with the broom stick is actually easier than anchored and that they wished they had done that in the first place? maybe i'm making that up but I swear I heard that commentary somewhere....

the whole thing is just a mess, really

910 D3
i25 3W
913h
714 CB 3-P
sm6 52F, 58M
scotty del mar
proV1x

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with long putter, langer, mccarron, broomstick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors