Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Players whose ball striking is mortal

109 replies to this topic

#61 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

I Strive to make you Better

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
  • Handicap:???
GolfWRX Likes : 1454

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

View Postcardoza, on 05 September 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

View PostSantiago Golf, on 05 September 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

The worst player on tour in terms of GIR is Steven Bowditch. He averages 53%. So about 9 greens. The average golfer averages about 4 and probably the average 8 handicap and below hits about 8 on average. So no on tour currently is hitting even close to human numbers on average. If you look at the bottom guys on tour in GIR most of them are struggling to keep cards.

I think Bowdo's issues over the past season and a half or so have been more related to getting the ball in play off the tee than iron striking.
That wasn't really the point of my post. It was to show that there isnt really a player on tour that hits it like a normal golfer. The worst player on the Web.com hits 59%. You dont see any of the top players at the bottom of GIR. The fact people think some people get it done with short game and putting is a good joke.

Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Project X Hazardus Black 6.5 (looking to get a GD Tour AD in the Future)

Fairway, Hybrid Searching!!!!!

Irons: Will be ordering
Titleist 718 AP3 3-4 irons
   718 AP2 5-6 irons
   718 CB 7-9 irons
Lofts: 19, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42
Length and Lie: -1/4 inch, 2* flat
Shafts: (3) Tour AD DI 95X, (4-9) steelfiber i110 stiff

Wedges: Scratch 47*, 52*, 57*, Custom Ground 62*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB (Major Change in the Future)
Ball: Vice Pro Plus Pink

#NoDaysOff

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
GolfWRX Likes : 23101

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Unless one has actually Played with/against a Touring Pro, and I do not care what Tour, but basically your Top-1000 Pros on earth who make a living Playing Tour Golf, you would have no concept, zero zip nada  of just how far above anyone that you know, have Played with/against or watched, their ball striking ability is~

Consistently

Under Pressure

The two best AMS that I've Played with/against, Nathan Smith being one, and for those not familiar, he's got FIVE USGA Titles, FOUR Mid-Ams(He and Bob Jones are only two Ams in USGA history to win the same USGA Tourney four times), 4 Masters Invites(He's never made the cut with his best finish being 2 above the line) and 3 Walker Cup appearances along with Sean Knapp, who is a smidgeon below Nathan in Ability and all he's done is win a State Am along with every Am Tourney in PA worth winning along with a host of District and a State Open Tourneys(Basicslly a Pro Tourney where Ams may enter) along with collecting his first USGA title, the recently Played US Senior Amateur, and while both of these guys can make a golf ball dance, neither can strike a golf ball like any Pro who makes a living striking a golf ball on Tour-

Please remember three words-

Consistently

Under Pressure

To think that a great mental game or great course management skills would keep a mediocre or poor ball striker on the friggin tour is just INSANITY 😂😂😂

What, if this supposed mental game mensa were Instead a mental midget, he'd be Playin with you and your buds in your local yokel beer league???😂😂😂

And Dave Stockton gets around a course by fattin it and sinkin a few putts??😂😂😂

Paleeeese, I'm beggin ya, STOP IT😆

JUST STOP😂😂🍻

Stay well Gals & Gents🍻
RP

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3205.JPG

Edited by Forged4ever, 05 September 2017 - 02:20 PM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....

GHIN: Beefeater 24

#63 cav5

cav5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25031
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Interesting topic. I've played with a lot of clankers, and also great ballstrikers that just couldn't aim it. The clanker normally wins.
EPIC YS7+ R
AERO HL Rogue
910H UST
1957 BB Modus3 130R
51Y 55C 59C Steelfiber CW 125S
KM350
B330S

#64 Outlier

Outlier

OUTLIER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostPureStrikes54, on 04 September 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Ricky Barnes and that Us Open circus act come to mind.

yes,,,,Barnes is the correct answer.

#65 gators78

gators78

Major Winner

• 3,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 768

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

View Postfowlerscousin, on 05 September 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Steven bowditch is good answer, I remember he chipped in a lot with one of his wins.  Rocco mediate also comes to mind, but he played really hurt

Rocco was 35th in GIR on Tour in 2010, for strokes gained tee to green usually in the top 3rd of the Tour. He would go out to the club I used to belong to, that dude had one ballflight he could hit asleep if he wanted, just insane how consistent it was.

M2
M2 3W, Hybrid
1957 Blades (I blame you, WRX)
Vokeys
Edel

#66 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1781

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:04 PM

There was a guy out there for a while, Tiger something.....  Anyways, he pretty much won tourneys with his putting.  The guy was so wild and inconsistent that fans needed to move rocks to give him shots to the green.  His putting must've gone downhill because I haven't seen his name on the scoreboards much in the last few years.

#67 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 280775
GolfWRX Likes : 3811

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

View Postmelo, on 05 September 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

If we go back a ways, the definitive answer is Seve. He sprayed shots everywhere, but it didn't matter
Go to youtube and watch a video of Seve on the range with an English caddie commenting in the background.  Then come back and tell us what a poor ball striker Seve was.

#68 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

• 13,650 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

View Postplaya, on 05 September 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

If we go back a ways, the definitive answer is Seve. He sprayed shots everywhere, but it didn't matter
Go to youtube and watch a video of Seve on the range with an English caddie commenting in the background.  Then come back and tell us what a poor ball striker Seve was.
Thank You very much Bro🍻

You saved me another rant😂😂

I hope all's well!!

Cheers👊
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 05 September 2017 - 07:22 PM.

#69 stu_man

stu_man

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107853
GolfWRX Likes : 573

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostForged4ever, on 05 September 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

And Dave Stockton gets around a course by fattin it and sinkin a few putts??������

Paleeeese, I'm beggin ya, STOP IT��

Yes.. that's what I'm telling you.  He shot 68 and I shot 75.  Outside of 100 yards I destroyed him.  100 and in he annihilated me... And I didn't say he sank a few putts.. I said he made everything.  Played with Justin Leonard too.. same thing.  He hit toe hooks off the tee the whole day and beat me by 8.

#70 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

• 13,650 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

View Postgators78, on 05 September 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Steven bowditch is good answer, I remember he chipped in a lot with one of his wins.  Rocco mediate also comes to mind, but he played really hurt

Rocco was 35th in GIR on Tour in 2010, for strokes gained tee to green usually in the top 3rd of the Tour. He would go out to the club I used to belong to, that dude had one ballflight he could hit asleep if he wanted, just insane how consistent it was.
Exactly and I've Played a number of times with him and he's a friggin machine, lol. You've obviously seen/Played with him up close and anyone that has would say the same thing-

A friggin machine!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever⛳️
RP

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

• 13,650 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

View Poststu_man, on 05 September 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

And Dave Stockton gets around a course by fattin it and sinkin a few putts??😂😂

Paleeeese, I'm beggin ya, STOP IT😂😂

Yes.. that's what I'm telling you.  He shot 68 and I shot 75.  Outside of 100 yards I destroyed him.  100 and in he annihilated me... And I didn't say he sank a few putts.. I said he made everything.  Played with Justin Leonard too.. same thing.  He hit toe hooks off the tee the whole day and beat me by 8.
I believe Ya Stu cuz I forgot, Stockton's like 75-76 friggin years old, lol

I'm picturing him 20-25 years ago when he was winning Champion Tour Majors.

Plus, these guys are human, they go through slumps and have the same problems as anyone else when they go sideways. Over Christmas of '12 when I was down at my Sis's in Fla and my Tour Bud was home for three weeks and he'd actually parlayed 4-5 Sponsor Excemptions that prior season into his biggest season in 19 years on Tour, a Runner-Up, a T8 or 9 and two other top-20's and a top-25, $1.8M+ and 67th or 68th in the Fed-Ex final standings as he made it through two of the Play-off tourneys.

So you wanna talk about toe hookin it, lol. It was ridiculous. I hit like 4 more fairways, 4 more greens and I lost by 2, lmao

I hope that you're having a nice season Stu!!

Keep Playin Stockton cuz with him hitting like that, you're gonna beat him eventually. Then you can say that ya laid a can of whup-arse on a multi-Major Champion.

Who gives a shat if he's 90😂😂😂🍻

Remember, the only number that counts is the number in the box!!

If he can still plant the tee, age is irrelevant, lmao

Stay well my Friend👊
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 05 September 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#72 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:18 PM

Unless one has actually Played with/against a Touring Pro, and I do not care what Tour, but basically your Top-1000 Pros on earth who make a living Playing Tour Golf, you would have no concept, zero zip nada  of just how far above anyone that you know, have Played with/against or watched, their ball striking ability is~

Consistently

Under Pressure

The two best AMS that I've Played with/against, Nathan Smith being one, and for those not familiar, he's got FIVE USGA Titles, FOUR Mid-Ams(He and Bob Jones are only two Ams in USGA history to win the same USGA Tourney four times), 4 Masters Invites(He's never made the cut with his best finish being 2 above the line) and 3 Walker Cup appearances along with Sean Knapp, who is a smidgeon below Nathan in Ability and all he's done is win a State Am along with every Am Tourney in PA worth winning along with a host of District and a State Open Tourneys(Basicslly a Pro Tourney where Ams may enter) along with collecting his first USGA title, the recently Played US Senior Amateur, and while both of these guys can make a golf ball dance, neither can strike a golf ball like any Pro who makes a living striking a golf ball on Tour-

Consistently

Under Pressure

To think that a great mental game or great course management skills would keep a mediocre or poor ball striker on the friggin tour is just INSANITY 😂😂😂

What, if this supposed mental game mensa were Instead a mental midget, he'd be Playin with you and your buds in your local yokel beer league???😂😂😂

JUST STOP😂😂🍻

Stay well Gals & Gents🍻
RP
What about Seniors Tour players? I played a round with a fringe US Senior Tour (regular Euro Seniors Tour) player a few years back and his ball striking was nothing specoal. Not crisp and didn't really compress the ball with any authority. Had a great short game and kept it in play pretty good, but no real zip to his irons.

#73 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Consistently

Under Pressure

Consistently

Under Pressure

JUST STOP😂😂🍻

Stay well Gals & Gents🍻
RP
What about Seniors Tour players? I played a round with a fringe US Senior Tour (regular Euro Seniors Tour) player a few years back and his ball striking was nothing specoal. Not crisp and didn't really compress the ball with any authority. Had a great short game and kept it in play pretty good, but no real zip to his irons.

#74 rawdog

rawdog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 912

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostOutlier, on 05 September 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostPureStrikes54, on 04 September 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Ricky Barnes and that Us Open circus act come to mind.

yes,,,,Barnes is the correct answer.
Wow, tough to watch. Been there with my left hand out all day. "He's pulled it left."
Cobra F7 8.5* HZRDUS Yellow @ 44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 4 Wood 16.5*
Mizuno TZoid Fli-Hi 18*
TM SpeedBlade 4-PW
TM SpeedBlade 50*
Callaway PM Grind 55*
Callaway PM Grind 60*
Odyssey Metal X Milled #9 HT
Callaway Supersoft

#75 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:43 AM

View PostForged4ever, on 05 September 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Thank You very much Bro🍻

You saved me another rant😂😂

I hope all's well!!

Cheers👊
RP
All is well thanks Richard. I kinda regret posting now, your rant on this would have been epic.

#76 iBanesto

iBanesto

Niclas Fasth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18328
GolfWRX Likes : 743

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

View Postplaya, on 05 September 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Only successful tour pro who didn't impress me with his ball striking is Aussie pro Nick O'Hern. But O'Hern was a great grinder and had a heck of a short game. Every other tour player I've seen blows my mind with their ball striking.

Also the only player to beat Tiger in singles matchplay twice.

#77 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostiBanesto, on 06 September 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

View Postplaya, on 05 September 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Only successful tour pro who didn't impress me with his ball striking is Aussie pro Nick O'Hern. But O'Hern was a great grinder and had a heck of a short game. Every other tour player I've seen blows my mind with their ball striking.

Also the only player to beat Tiger in singles matchplay twice.
Shows that talent doesn't always come out on top.

#78 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 1108

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

The guy is fun to watch interact with the crowd but I'd say Andrew "Beef" Johnston is one of the worst ball strikers on Tour right now.

#79 bervin

bervin

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
GolfWRX Likes : 265

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

There are no bad ball strikers on the PGA Tour.

But if there were an aggregated Strokes Gained statistic for Course Management, Jim Furyk and Matt Kuchar would handily be 1 and 2 leading in this category above everyone the rest of the pack.

#80 bervin

bervin

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
GolfWRX Likes : 265

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostSantiago Golf, on 05 September 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

View Postcardoza, on 05 September 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

View PostSantiago Golf, on 05 September 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

The worst player on tour in terms of GIR is Steven Bowditch. He averages 53%. So about 9 greens. The average golfer averages about 4 and probably the average 8 handicap and below hits about 8 on average. So no on tour currently is hitting even close to human numbers on average. If you look at the bottom guys on tour in GIR most of them are struggling to keep cards.

I think Bowdo's issues over the past season and a half or so have been more related to getting the ball in play off the tee than iron striking.
That wasn't really the point of my post. It was to show that there isnt really a player on tour that hits it like a normal golfer. The worst player on the Web.com hits 59%. You dont see any of the top players at the bottom of GIR. The fact people think some people get it done with short game and putting is a good joke.

Agree with Santiago here that SG Approach is a premium on today's tour.

As far as Bowdo goes, I heard he was dealing with some crazy dental issues that were causing wildly severe pain off and on over the last year or so.  That sounds real Sh*tty to me.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
GolfWRX Likes : 1594

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

I cant believe you had to post this reply, utter insanity

#82 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostForged4ever, on 05 September 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

View Postgators78, on 05 September 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Exactly and I've Played a number of times with him and he's a friggin machine, lol. You've obviously seen/Played with him up close and anyone that has would say the same thing-

A friggin machine!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever⛳️
RP

Rocco and Lehman are the guys i played with that have the same ball flight windows but set up absolutely opposite of each other. Rocco would drop his right foot back to promote the inside plane draw all day and Lehman would aim left with his feet and somehow drop it in and hang on/ hang back to draw it. Both freaks! If they were better putters and had better short games how many Ws more they would they have. I know Tom would have at least 1 US open...

#83 lowheel

lowheel

LOWHEEL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

Consistently

Under Pressure

Consistently

Under Pressure

To think that a great mental game or great course management skills would keep a mediocre or poor ball striker on the friggin tour is just INSANITY ������

What, if this supposed mental game mensa were Instead a mental midget, he'd be Playin with you and your buds in your local yokel beer league???������

And Dave Stockton gets around a course by fattin it and sinkin a few putts??������

Paleeeese, I'm beggin ya, STOP IT��

JUST STOP������

Stay well Gals & Gents��
RP

Thank you for bringing some sanity to the thread!

Posted Image

#84 Shilgy

Shilgy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4874

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

View Postgames, on 05 September 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

From a pure distance perspective Fred Funk was ordinary.
Ordinary for wrx? Even at the age of 61 he averages 262.8 with a long of 308. And still has a 70.8 scoring average. And never missed a sprinkler line. But he is short by tour standards.
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

#85 BearQ

BearQ

Golf, I will see you again. But not yet, not yet.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
GolfWRX Likes : 976

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

For the guys who generalize Seve as a sprayer, I dont think yall followed his career accurately. Im a young buck (relatively) but Ive watched a number of his big wins on VHS. I do believe guys should research what they say before they say it, but now everyone has a platform to speak, so ridiculous statements are common place.

Seve was a pure ballstriker 1-14 in the bag. He 'sprayed' some shots because (mostly tee balls) he swung full tilt at tiny permission heads with a super spinny golf ball --- trying to gut out as much yardage as he could. In his tournament wins when he dialed back or his timing was on, he was as pure as they come. Also can we reflect that he played in some of the worst conditions overseas and has so many worldwide wins. You wanna believe thats just from superb short game alone? He's taking down the legends of that era with just a few chips and putts eh. OK!

Mentioning Seve's name in this thread is borderline sacrilegious if you're a golf fan. Watch a non-prime, beat up, injured version of Seve puring every club in the bag.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UT4o7cZnZ8s

PS. For one of the most iconic golf pictures of all time, when I saw the video of this recovery shot I almost fainted. So much natural swagger and charisma even in a punch out.

http://i.dailymail.c...457_634x356.jpg

Absolute magician. Put some respect on his name.

Edited by BearQ, 08 September 2017 - 05:13 AM.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 8.5*  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
3W: Callaway XR 3Deep 14*  --  Tour AD TP 8X

3-iron: Bridgestone J15 DF 19*  --  Nippon SPB X
4-P: Srixon Z945  --  Nippon SPB X

Wedges: Titleist SM4 raw | 48F  53M  58M  --  Nippon SPB X
Putter: TM Spider Black

Swap | 5W: Titleist 915FD 18* -- Tour AD TP 8X

#86 Man_O_War

Man_O_War

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135721
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

View Posthighergr0und, on 05 September 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

There was a guy out there for a while, Tiger something.....  Anyways, he pretty much won tourneys with his putting.  The guy was so wild and inconsistent that fans needed to move rocks to give him shots to the green.  His putting must've gone downhill because I haven't seen his name on the scoreboards much in the last few years.

that's clueless... struggled with Driver... but iron play? arguably the best ever..long iron short iron mid iron
Cobra LTD Pro Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 661
Cobra LTD 3/4  Kai'li 80
Cobra LTD 4/5  Kai'li 80
TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*/Cobra F6 Tour Issue Hybrid 3/4 UST IROD/
Srixon Z945 4-PW Modus3 125
Nike Engage Wedges 52 sq, 54 sq, 58 TS, 60 TS KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 Black/Bettinardi Studio Stock #2/B Grace Artist Series
Nike RZN tour Plat/Black/Srixon Z-STAR XV

#87 Shilgy

Shilgy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4874

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostMan_O_War, on 08 September 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

View Posthighergr0und, on 05 September 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

that's clueless... struggled with Driver... but iron play? arguably the best ever..long iron short iron mid iron
Ya never know on wrx but I think that post needed the sarcasm font.
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Kuro Kage 70X
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 50* 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

#88 jmck

jmck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
GolfWRX Likes : 2365

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, that's humor.  The Seve guy was dead serious though.

IMO Seve is the most naturally gifted person to ever touch a club, and yes, that includes everyone from Tiger to Moe Norman to Old Tom Morris.  Only on golfwrx is Seve a mortal ball striker because he occasionally hit a driver 50 yards offline.

#89 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4766

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostFerguson, on 05 September 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Gary McCord.  

400 PGA starts - no wins.
Sometimes your brain, or lack thereof, gets in the way.  Total opposite of Jack Nicklaus in terms of self confidence.  I always though McCord had a really nice swing though.
Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

#90 Man_O_War

Man_O_War

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135721
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

followed Seve at the forest arden course in England for a few years..have to say, when he got worse, it didn't matter what he had in his hand...he wasn't going to find the fairway...it's really something to see a top class ball striker lose his marbles. At his best though,..man..those wedges.. and he was long..long arms...should have stuck with persimmon

Cobra LTD Pro Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 661
Cobra LTD 3/4  Kai'li 80
Cobra LTD 4/5  Kai'li 80
TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*/Cobra F6 Tour Issue Hybrid 3/4 UST IROD/
Srixon Z945 4-PW Modus3 125
Nike Engage Wedges 52 sq, 54 sq, 58 TS, 60 TS KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 Black/Bettinardi Studio Stock #2/B Grace Artist Series
Nike RZN tour Plat/Black/Srixon Z-STAR XV

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors