Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Hunter Mahan


104 replies to this topic

#61 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

View Postgolfer07840, on 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

Rickie has been pretty successful thus far with his changes.  Don't think they were as significant of changes as the other players mentioned.

Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 6000

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 September 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

View Postgolfer07840, on 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

Rickie has been pretty successful thus far with his changes.  Don't think they were as significant of changes as the other players mentioned.
Every golfer makes changes.  Jack, Watson, Trevino all made changes.  The difference is some just do some tweaking while others try to rebuild.  Rebuilding is dangerous.  Jack and Tom both flattened their plane a bit as they got older, both are still upright but it wasn't like their swing totally changed it's shape and general character.  

There is good productive change and then there is just change for the sake of change, which is what I think Tiger was doing.
Callaway GBB
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway Steelhead 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Jones Utility
Ball, KSig or a bunch of ProV's I won in a charity scramble.  
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

2

#63 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 11 September 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 September 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

View Postgolfer07840, on 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

Rickie has been pretty successful thus far with his changes.  Don't think they were as significant of changes as the other players mentioned.
Every golfer makes changes.  Jack, Watson, Trevino all made changes.  The difference is some just do some tweaking while others try to rebuild.  Rebuilding is dangerous.  Jack and Tom both flattened their plane a bit as they got older, both are still upright but it wasn't like their swing totally changed it's shape and general character.  

There is good productive change and then there is just change for the sake of change, which is what I think Tiger was doing.

I agree
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

3

#64 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4109

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 11 September 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 September 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

View Postgolfer07840, on 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

Rickie has been pretty successful thus far with his changes.  Don't think they were as significant of changes as the other players mentioned.
Every golfer makes changes.  Jack, Watson, Trevino all made changes.  The difference is some just do some tweaking while others try to rebuild.  Rebuilding is dangerous.  Jack and Tom both flattened their plane a bit as they got older, both are still upright but it wasn't like their swing totally changed it's shape and general character.  

There is good productive change and then there is just change for the sake of change, which is what I think Tiger was doing.


You think Tiger was "just making changes for the sake of changing?"

4

#65 EKELLY

EKELLY

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405114
  • Joined: 12/08/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:edwardkellyed
GolfWRX Likes : 1311

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostFerguson, on 11 September 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 11 September 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 September 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

View Postgolfer07840, on 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

Rickie has been pretty successful thus far with his changes.  Don't think they were as significant of changes as the other players mentioned.
Every golfer makes changes.  Jack, Watson, Trevino all made changes.  The difference is some just do some tweaking while others try to rebuild.  Rebuilding is dangerous.  Jack and Tom both flattened their plane a bit as they got older, both are still upright but it wasn't like their swing totally changed it's shape and general character.  

There is good productive change and then there is just change for the sake of change, which is what I think Tiger was doing.


You think Tiger was "just making changes for the sake of changing?"
Even during Tiger's EPIC run, he hit driver all over the place. He was trying to find that little secret, hence the tweaks!.......And twists, and turns, that destroyed his knee, back, etc.......


5

#66 slimeone

slimeone

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328273
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?

6

#67 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 1934

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?
Motherhood has caused Kandi to get a bit......torque-y for lack of a better term.  NTTAWWT.  It changes a lot of women's bodies.
Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - V2 HL - S
TM M1 15* (2016) - Maltby MPF Series FW - S
Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Blk Hy80 - S
Dynacraft Prophet MB Forged 5-P, FST Pro 125 - S
Maltby MG Tour Grind 52/56/60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Scotty Newport Pro Platinum Mil-Spec

7

#68 CheckJV

CheckJV

    Male Model

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93640
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 692

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

This thread has True Value.

8

#69 dimitrib

dimitrib

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177630
  • Joined: 04/26/2012
  • Location:Onterrible Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

If he overcomes his chipping yips, he will regain his form.


Hunting Donkeys

9

#70 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 6000

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostFerguson, on 11 September 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 11 September 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 September 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

View Postgolfer07840, on 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

Rickie has been pretty successful thus far with his changes.  Don't think they were as significant of changes as the other players mentioned.
Every golfer makes changes.  Jack, Watson, Trevino all made changes.  The difference is some just do some tweaking while others try to rebuild.  Rebuilding is dangerous.  Jack and Tom both flattened their plane a bit as they got older, both are still upright but it wasn't like their swing totally changed it's shape and general character.  

There is good productive change and then there is just change for the sake of change, which is what I think Tiger was doing.


You think Tiger was "just making changes for the sake of changing?"

He was totally dominant with his 2000 swing then radically changed it with Haney. Then again with Foley. His swing never got better after 2001, just different. He peaked the summer of 2000, sure he was great after that but he never drove the ball as well as he did after he left Butch.

Honestly his swing under Haney was nothing but a series of compensations, he got away with it because he was so damn talented. Layed off, off plane, too weak a grip, manipulated all to hell. It worked well wit irons but in the end even his other worldly talent couldn't save it. Foley was a disaster. The worst interpretation of stack and tilt ever. Garbage.

Tiger changed because he thought he could get better just because he changed. There was no real reason to do so except arrogance. He probably cost himself 5 majors and 30 wins messing around and ultimately destroying his back.

Edited by dlygrisse, 11 September 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Callaway GBB
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway Steelhead 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Jones Utility
Ball, KSig or a bunch of ProV's I won in a charity scramble.  
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 2222

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?

Someone mentioned his wife has a mom butt. I'm assuming it means she's not in the same form as her cheerleader days...
2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

11

#72 slimeone

slimeone

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328273
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostJasonic, on 11 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?

Someone mentioned his wife has a mom butt. I'm assuming it means she's not in the same form as her cheerleader days...
Fair enough lol. It must be said that the whole scenario is a bit of a head-scratcher. You'd think a home gym and a personal trainer would be well within the family's means.

12

#73 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4109

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

Re: He was totally dominant with his 2000 swing then radically changed it with Haney. Then again with Foley. His swing never got better after 2001, just different. He peaked the summer of 2000, sure he was great after that but he never drove the ball as well as he did after he left Butch.

Tiger changed because he thought he could get better just because he changed. There was no real reason to do so except arrogance. He probably cost himself 5 majors and 30 wins messing around and ultimately destroying his back.




His behavior certainly demonstrates a predisposition to addiction.   To us the changes seemed unnecessary but to him it was an evolution to improvement, more like an obsession.  Maybe that was his downfall?

13

#74 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 11 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?

Someone mentioned his wife has a mom butt. I'm assuming it means she's not in the same form as her cheerleader days...
Fair enough lol. It must be said that the whole scenario is a bit of a head-scratcher. You'd think a home gym and a personal trainer would be well within the family's means.

She'll need to put in some work before Hunter can bounce a quarter off her butt like the old cheerleader days.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

14

#75 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 6000

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostFerguson, on 12 September 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Re: He was totally dominant with his 2000 swing then radically changed it with Haney. Then again with Foley. His swing never got better after 2001, just different. He peaked the summer of 2000, sure he was great after that but he never drove the ball as well as he did after he left Butch.

Tiger changed because he thought he could get better just because he changed. There was no real reason to do so except arrogance. He probably cost himself 5 majors and 30 wins messing around and ultimately destroying his back.




His behavior certainly demonstrates a predisposition to addiction.   To us the changes seemed unnecessary but to him it was an evolution to improvement, more like an obsession.  Maybe that was his downfall?

I totally agree, I suppose his strength became his weakness, his addiction to perfection didn't allow him to keep doing what worked.  If you recall every time he rebuilt the swing he had an off season in the middle of his prime where he didn't win majors and only 1 or 2 events.  Hell....he may have cost himself 10, not 5,  majors now that I think about it.  

He was fascinating to watch though, wasn't he?

Callaway GBB
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway Steelhead 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Jones Utility
Ball, KSig or a bunch of ProV's I won in a charity scramble.  
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

15

#76 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4109

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 12 September 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 11 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?

Someone mentioned his wife has a mom butt. I'm assuming it means she's not in the same form as her cheerleader days...
Fair enough lol. It must be said that the whole scenario is a bit of a head-scratcher. You'd think a home gym and a personal trainer would be well within the family's means.

She'll need to put in some work before Hunter can bounce a quarter off her butt like the old cheerleader days.


It starts by saying no to wine coolers and cheesecake.

16

#77 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 4109

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 12 September 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 12 September 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Re: He was totally dominant with his 2000 swing then radically changed it with Haney. Then again with Foley. His swing never got better after 2001, just different. He peaked the summer of 2000, sure he was great after that but he never drove the ball as well as he did after he left Butch.

Tiger changed because he thought he could get better just because he changed. There was no real reason to do so except arrogance. He probably cost himself 5 majors and 30 wins messing around and ultimately destroying his back.




His behavior certainly demonstrates a predisposition to addiction.   To us the changes seemed unnecessary but to him it was an evolution to improvement, more like an obsession.  Maybe that was his downfall?

I totally agree, I suppose his strength became his weakness, his addiction to perfection didn't allow him to keep doing what worked.  If you recall every time he rebuilt the swing he had an off season in the middle of his prime where he didn't win majors and only 1 or 2 events.  Hell....he may have cost himself 10, not 5,  majors now that I think about it.  

He was fascinating to watch though, wasn't he?

The guy was addicted to the thrill of the kill. Sports, partying, women and winning - hard to keep up that balance and pace without the wheel barrow tipping over.   I truly think had he messed less with his swing, held onto to Steve and kept his pants on, the guy would be at 20 majors and 90 wins.

He revolutionized the way people looked at golf.

17

#78 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 6000

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostFerguson, on 12 September 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 12 September 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostFerguson, on 12 September 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Re: He was totally dominant with his 2000 swing then radically changed it with Haney. Then again with Foley. His swing never got better after 2001, just different. He peaked the summer of 2000, sure he was great after that but he never drove the ball as well as he did after he left Butch.

Tiger changed because he thought he could get better just because he changed. There was no real reason to do so except arrogance. He probably cost himself 5 majors and 30 wins messing around and ultimately destroying his back.




His behavior certainly demonstrates a predisposition to addiction.   To us the changes seemed unnecessary but to him it was an evolution to improvement, more like an obsession.  Maybe that was his downfall?

I totally agree, I suppose his strength became his weakness, his addiction to perfection didn't allow him to keep doing what worked.  If you recall every time he rebuilt the swing he had an off season in the middle of his prime where he didn't win majors and only 1 or 2 events.  Hell....he may have cost himself 10, not 5,  majors now that I think about it.  

He was fascinating to watch though, wasn't he?

The guy was addicted to the thrill of the kill. Sports, partying, women and winning - hard to keep up that balance and pace without the wheel barrow tipping over.   I truly think had he messed less with his swing, held onto to Steve and kept his pants on, the guy would be at 20 majors and 90 wins.

He revolutionized the way people looked at golf.

We are on the same page here.  

He not only wanted to win, he wanted to step on their throats and rip their guts out.  I think it's the reason he lost control of the driver, it drove him crazy when other guys started out driving him.  Unlike Jack who used to plod along until he needed the big one and then, bang! he was 30 yards longer and taking control.  If you compare it to say baseball, Tiger was Mickey Mantle, Jack was Hank Aaron.
Callaway GBB
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway Steelhead 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Jones Utility
Ball, KSig or a bunch of ProV's I won in a charity scramble.  
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

18

#79 jmck

jmck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2919

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Hmm.  I could really go for some wine coolers and cheesecake right about now.  Of course nobody's ever accused me of being a trophy husband.

As far as Tiger goes, give it enough time and he'll be remembered as much for the cautionary tale as for how dominant he was.  Barring a remarkable comeback which I don't think is possible either mentally or physically, Peak Tiger is going to go down as '97 Masters-'08 Torrey (or Thanksgiving '09).  That's really not that long of a run, and as dlygrisse said, he flushed a chunk of that down the drain with swing changes.  He got away from that 2000 swing to supposedly save his knee, and ended up blowing his back out like half the other Foley/S&T victims.  Knees are easy to fix or replace, backs are almost impossible to fix or replace.  And then you pile on all the personal peccadillos on top of that.....all of that is just not conducive to being able to play on the PGA tour, let alone win on the PGA tour, let alone dominate like Peak Tiger on the PGA tour.

There's an alternate universe out there where he stays with that 2000 swing no matter how crappy his knee gets or how far the young bucks hit it past him, doesn't get married, keeps his private life private, gets Earl to live a little healthier and extend his life 10 or so years, doesn't feel the need to go be a SEAL, etc etc etc.....The Tiger in that universe is somewhere between 20 and 30 majors and easily at 100+ wins, with the GOAT debate long since settled.

19

#80 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Location:Baltimore, MD
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 877

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

View Postjmck, on 12 September 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hmm.  I could really go for some wine coolers and cheesecake right about now.  Of course nobody's ever accused me of being a trophy husband.

As far as Tiger goes, give it enough time and he'll be remembered as much for the cautionary tale as for how dominant he was.  Barring a remarkable comeback which I don't think is possible either mentally or physically, Peak Tiger is going to go down as '97 Masters-'08 Torrey (or Thanksgiving '09).  That's really not that long of a run, and as dlygrisse said, he flushed a chunk of that down the drain with swing changes.  He got away from that 2000 swing to supposedly save his knee, and ended up blowing his back out like half the other Foley/S&T victims.  Knees are easy to fix or replace, backs are almost impossible to fix or replace.  And then you pile on all the personal peccadillos on top of that.....all of that is just not conducive to being able to play on the PGA tour, let alone win on the PGA tour, let alone dominate like Peak Tiger on the PGA tour.



There's an alternate universe out there where he stays with that 2000 swing no matter how crappy his knee gets or how far the young bucks hit it past him, doesn't get married, keeps his private life private, gets Earl to live a little healthier and extend his life 10 or so years, doesn't feel the need to go be a SEAL, etc etc etc.....The Tiger in that universe is somewhere between 20 and 30 majors and easily at 100+ wins, with the GOAT debate long since settled.

There are people here that ACTUALLY live in that alternate universe.

Driver: TaylorMade M4, Tensei Blue Pro 60
3Wood: TaylorMade M4 Tour, Tensei Blue Pro 70
3 Hybrid: TaylorMade M3, 19* loft. UST V2 86 (2017)
3 Utility: TaylorMade UDI RSI TP, Recoil 95
4-PW: TaylorMade P770, Nippon Modus Tour 105
GW: TaylorMade MG 50.09, Nippon Modus Tour 105
SW: TaylorMade MG 54.09, DG115
LW: TaylorMade Hi Toe 60 LB, DG 115
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 jmck

jmck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2919

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostDRRicks, on 12 September 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

View Postjmck, on 12 September 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hmm.  I could really go for some wine coolers and cheesecake right about now.  Of course nobody's ever accused me of being a trophy husband.

As far as Tiger goes, give it enough time and he'll be remembered as much for the cautionary tale as for how dominant he was.  Barring a remarkable comeback which I don't think is possible either mentally or physically, Peak Tiger is going to go down as '97 Masters-'08 Torrey (or Thanksgiving '09).  That's really not that long of a run, and as dlygrisse said, he flushed a chunk of that down the drain with swing changes.  He got away from that 2000 swing to supposedly save his knee, and ended up blowing his back out like half the other Foley/S&T victims.  Knees are easy to fix or replace, backs are almost impossible to fix or replace.  And then you pile on all the personal peccadillos on top of that.....all of that is just not conducive to being able to play on the PGA tour, let alone win on the PGA tour, let alone dominate like Peak Tiger on the PGA tour.



There's an alternate universe out there where he stays with that 2000 swing no matter how crappy his knee gets or how far the young bucks hit it past him, doesn't get married, keeps his private life private, gets Earl to live a little healthier and extend his life 10 or so years, doesn't feel the need to go be a SEAL, etc etc etc.....The Tiger in that universe is somewhere between 20 and 30 majors and easily at 100+ wins, with the GOAT debate long since settled.

There are people here that ACTUALLY live in that alternate universe.

Lol.  That is a great point!

21

#82 lablover

lablover

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258120
  • Joined: 06/23/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 12 September 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 11 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postslimeone, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
What's a mom butt?

Someone mentioned his wife has a mom butt. I'm assuming it means she's not in the same form as her cheerleader days...
Fair enough lol. It must be said that the whole scenario is a bit of a head-scratcher. You'd think a home gym and a personal trainer would be well within the family's means.

She'll need to put in some work before Hunter can bounce a quarter off her butt like the old cheerleader days.

I'm sure you'd love someone talking about your wife the same way.  Be kind to Kandi, ultimately it's none of your business.

22

#83 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

^^^  It was more of a backhanded complement to Hunter the fact that he was able to bag a cowboys cheerleader.  I'm sure Kandi is a great lady and a great mom.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

23

#84 playa

playa

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 280775
  • Joined: 10/18/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4098

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:05 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 12 September 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

^^^  It was more of a backhanded complement to Hunter the fact that he was able to bag a cowboys cheerleader.  I'm sure Kandi is a great lady and a great mom.
All moms are great ladys in my book. And it's not like most of us, myself included, aren't sporting a classic dads bod so we really shouldn't be too critical.

24

#85 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2054

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postplaya, on 13 September 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 12 September 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

^^^  It was more of a backhanded complement to Hunter the fact that he was able to bag a cowboys cheerleader.  I'm sure Kandi is a great lady and a great mom.
All moms are great ladys in my book. And it's not like most of us, myself included, aren't sporting a classic dads bod so we really shouldn't be too critical.

Fine, no more talk about quarters or butts.

Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

25

#86 mocokid

mocokid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128438
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
  • Location:central NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 567

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

finished T13, -8 for the full tourney.  hello? anyone care?  hello?

26

#87 Philfil

Philfil

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183262
  • Joined: 05/27/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

View Postmocokid, on 10 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

finished T13, -8 for the full tourney.  hello? anyone care?  hello?

I like it and I hope his game keeps improving.

27

#88 bucky316

bucky316

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3514
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Madison, WI
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostPhilfil, on 10 October 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

View Postmocokid, on 10 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

finished T13, -8 for the full tourney.  hello? anyone care?  hello?

I like it and I hope his game keeps improving.
#1 in GIR for the tournament (81.94%)....that's always been his game so this is a good sign that he's on the right track

28

#89 Pat du Golf

Pat du Golf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51687
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 260

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Moderators should clean up this thread. Some players spouses are in this forum.
We can ditch on the pros but let's keep wifeys OUT.....
Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

29

#90 fly787

fly787

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475984
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

fortunately you are not the moderator, so go back to sleep..

TM 2016 M2 9.5 757x
TM 2016 M2 16.5 757x
Adams Pro Hybrid 17
Srixon 765 4-pw X100
TM P750 GW x100
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 56 wedge
Putter -- depends on the day :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors