Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Hunter Mahan

104 replies to this topic

#31 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 280775
GolfWRX Likes : 3811

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostNight train, on 03 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!
Tiger also maintained his form, but that was more despite swing changes than because of them. And Tiger is the exception to every rule.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

Serial Shanker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 576

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

View Postplaya, on 03 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'm always amazed at someone who has the talent to achieve success on Tour................then decides to change their swing. It's worked for a very few (Faldo).........but most seem to end in disaster. Trevino, Furyk.........they were smart!
Tiger also maintained his form, but that was more despite swing changes than because of them. And Tiger is the exception to every rule.

Agreed.

Tiger you crazy bastxxx.
Cobra F7+ - GD GP 7x
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - GD DI 105x
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Srixon Z-Star (Mostly)

#33 Schoolboy

Schoolboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375966
  • Handicap:9.9
  • Ebay ID:schoolboy84
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

Time to reunite with Bubba, Flat Billz & Crane for Golf Boys 3. Everything will fall into place after...  ☺

#34 dcfas

dcfas

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27254
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

With his talent he can return to fine form again. I think of Steve Stricker and Lee Westwood, both of whom had periods where they fell off the map only to return very, very successfully. I always expected Duval to do that but it never happened.

Best of luck to HM. He can do it.

#35 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141617
GolfWRX Likes : 2698

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

View Postdcfas, on 04 September 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

With his talent he can return to fine form again. I think of Steve Stricker and Lee Westwood, both of whom had periods where they fell off the map only to return very, very successfully. I always expected Duval to do that but it never happened.

He needs to get better than he was before to have the same kind of success he used to have. Those mid-tier PGA Tour players are better now than they were 5 years ago. You let up on your practice and drive a bit and you'll find yourself without full-time playing privileges in a heartbeat.

So few spots on tour and so many excellent players practicing their guts out to get/keep one.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING G30 8.4 w/ Tour 65 Stiff 44.25"
PING G Stretch 12 w/ TFC 419F X
PING G30 17.5 w/ Tour 80 X
PING G25 23 w/ TFC 189 X
PING S55 5-PW w/ KBS Tour X
PING Tour Gorge 52; Glide 2.0 56 & 60 SS w/ AWT 2.0 Wedge
Yes! Sandy 12 38"

#36 Jordan Speeth

Jordan Speeth

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401370
GolfWRX Likes : 456

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hunter in his prime had one of the best swings on tour.  His impact position was textbook and incredible.  I haven't seen any swing videos lately of him but I'm thinking that he's not too far away...just needs something to click.  Hopefully, he doesn't lose his marbles in the meantime like many have.  His issues were also injury related, so it's not all in his mind.  I too hope to see him back.  He seems like a great guy but maybe just not as emotionally tough as you'd need to be to compete at the top right now.  Man, there's just so much talent out there now.
Taylormade M2 Driver 9.5*- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Callaway XR Pro 16* 4 Metal- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Ping G 22*-4 Hybrid- Altus S
Ping G 26*-5 Hybrid- Altus S
Bridgestone J15MB 5-PW Nippon Modus3 S +1"
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled Wedges-KBS Tour Custom S
52*S-Grind- 10* bounce
56*W-Grind-12*bounce
60* S-Grind-9*bounce
Odyssey Versa 7 Counterbalanced 38"- Odyssey SuperStroke CB Tank Grip
Golf Pride MCC +4 Grips (+3 wraps build up tape)
Snell MTB/ Bridgestone Tour B330
MG Elite Glove
Eliott Alistair Leather Bag

#37 Outlier

Outlier

OUTLIER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostChristosterone, on 02 September 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

I remember the year he defended his title at the Accenture match play and lost to Kuchar in heart breaking fashion...2014 maybe

This was the end of the hunter Mahan as I knew him...
Have no clue if that loss had anything to do with it but from then on he began changes to everything...obsessively...

And the changes were disastrous...especially on his putting and chipping which had been deadly since his college days...like deadly...
Charles Howell III and Rickie Fowler once drooled over Mahans skills from 50 yards in....they often had friendlies as fellow OSU Cowboys

-Chris
?

Does 50 yards in include chipping?  Dude chunked 'em like a 16 capper on a wet day,

He did have a nice Sean Foley long game though.

#38 Outlier

Outlier

OUTLIER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
  • Handicap:1906
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

Yeah but what's the rule vs. the exception in what you pointed out.

#39 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6898

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostOutlier, on 04 September 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

I believe that a great deal of Hunter's "issue" is that he has become more focused and dedicated to his role as a Dad as opposed to a pro golfer.

Nothing can change a person faster and to a greater degree than to make the realization that they won't be little for long and you had better enjoy them while you can. While many pros can mix family and career there are those who cannot; just seems that he was running on all cylinders until he became a father.

As a Dad myself (now she's 27) I can attest to how incredible the change is. I can still recall my buddies ribbing me because I was off duty, they wanted to play golf but I had plans with my (then) little girl.

I may be way off with this one but the timing seems to be there to me. Perhaps someone else knows a little more about the timing of his fall versus his having become a Dad.
Titleist 915D2 with Kuro Kage 60s in 45.25 set at 12*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#40 BearQ

BearQ

Golf, I will see you again. But not yet, not yet.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
GolfWRX Likes : 976

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

View Postplaya, on 03 September 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

View PostPGArox, on 03 September 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

View Postplaya, on 03 September 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Two words. Second word is Foley.

The guy ruined yet another career, huh? :)

I've never really been that big a fan of Hunter Mahan, even when he was enjoying a pretty decent run on the PGA TOUR.

Hunter always came across as not genuine, in the sense that his seemingly low self confidence made him unsure of himself.  Under what I perceived was a phony exterior, he seemed fragile.

Life beats up the fragile.  The losses, failures and disappointments slowly chip away at the psyche.  Soon you're making changes without really knowing (or believing in) what changes to make.  That's how I see Hunter Mahan. :)
I'm no swing guru so won't get technical, but just observing results it seems that every incarnation of s&t starts off great but ends up leading to big issues with the longer clubs, and back problems.

I've said my thoughts against foley often on wrx. He wrecks more people than he helps. His former teaching assistants and several juniors will tell you this much. One of my boys was a top 20 amateur in Canada and winning junior tournaments left and right, saw foley...hasn't won since and can't even take the club back some days. 100 thoughts in his head and contorted unnatural positions on the downswing/impact. I know he has PGA winners and awards but I'm heavily not a fan.

Played his junior event from '06-'09 and every time he spoke to us we all left scratching our heads. Comes across as a guy that desperately wants to show everyone how deep and enlightened he is. But it's just a paint job of stack and tilt 2.0 with even more shaft lean

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 8.5*  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
3W: Callaway XR 3Deep 14*  --  Tour AD TP 8X

3-iron: Bridgestone J15 DF 19*  --  Nippon SPB X
4-P: Srixon Z945  --  Nippon SPB X

Wedges: Titleist SM4 raw | 48F  53M  58M  --  Nippon SPB X
Putter: TM Spider Black

Swap | 5W: Titleist 915FD 18* -- Tour AD TP 8X

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,173 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostBearQ, on 05 September 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

View Postplaya, on 03 September 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

View PostPGArox, on 03 September 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

View Postplaya, on 03 September 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Two words. Second word is Foley.

The guy ruined yet another career, huh? :)

I've never really been that big a fan of Hunter Mahan, even when he was enjoying a pretty decent run on the PGA TOUR.

Hunter always came across as not genuine, in the sense that his seemingly low self confidence made him unsure of himself.  Under what I perceived was a phony exterior, he seemed fragile.

Life beats up the fragile.  The losses, failures and disappointments slowly chip away at the psyche.  Soon you're making changes without really knowing (or believing in) what changes to make.  That's how I see Hunter Mahan. :)
I'm no swing guru so won't get technical, but just observing results it seems that every incarnation of s&t starts off great but ends up leading to big issues with the longer clubs, and back problems.

I've said my thoughts against foley often on wrx. He wrecks more people than he helps. His former teaching assistants and several juniors will tell you this much. One of my boys was a top 20 amateur in Canada and winning junior tournaments left and right, saw foley...hasn't won since and can't even take the club back some days. 100 thoughts in his head and contorted unnatural positions on the downswing/impact. I know he has PGA winners and awards but I'm heavily not a fan.

Played his junior event from '06-'09 and every time he spoke to us we all left scratching our heads. Comes across as a guy that desperately wants to show everyone how deep and enlightened he is. But it's just a paint job of stack and tilt 2.0 with even more shaft lean
Yeah the way he describes positions of the swing really makes him come across as a charletan trying to bamboozle a mark. I think his swing seems way too complicated and unnatural to keep it together for any length of time. From someone who has dabbled in s&t I can say that when it all comes together you will hit the most solid shots you will hit in your life, but too many things can go wrong and it is punishing on your body. Not a long term swing imo.

Edited by playa, 05 September 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#42 MidwestGolfBum

MidwestGolfBum

Tour Winner

• 936 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304799
GolfWRX Likes : 491

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostMedic, on 04 September 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

I believe that a great deal of Hunter's "issue" is that he has become more focused and dedicated to his role as a Dad as opposed to a pro golfer.

Nothing can change a person faster and to a greater degree than to make the realization that they won't be little for long and you had better enjoy them while you can. While many pros can mix family and career there are those who cannot; just seems that he was running on all cylinders until he became a father.

As a Dad myself (now she's 27) I can attest to how incredible the change is. I can still recall my buddies ribbing me because I was off duty, they wanted to play golf but I had plans with my (then) little girl.

I may be way off with this one but the timing seems to be there to me. Perhaps someone else knows a little more about the timing of his fall versus his having become a Dad.

I'm in agreement with you about the becoming a dad thing. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that his game isn't where it used to be more than anything. I know he mentioned that the media kind of overplayed his "dad being #1" stuff, but as you mentioned I have to imagine that really is something that is more important to him than anything else in the world and I can't blame him. I don't have kids, but the friends of mine that do, certainly play much less golf than before, and while we enjoy giving them a hard time about it, we also all understand. Family will always come before golf for almost anybody and I will never fault a person for it as that's really the way it should be.

Now, Foley might be part of the issue as well, but I think that is very much secondary to things mentioned above with wanting to see his little girl grow up and be around for the "big moments".

With the demanding schedule you have to be at the absolute highest level of the game, being around a lot isn't always going to be an option and you have to prioritize what's the most important thing for you.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125 TX 70
Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
Titleist 19.5* 816 H2 HZRDUS Hybrid 85G X
Titleist 714 MB 4-9 KBS Tour-V X or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 KBS Tour-V S Hard-Stepped
Vokey SM5, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 all with hard stepped KBS Tour-V S
Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

#43 caniac6

caniac6

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
GolfWRX Likes : 1574

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

When I saw him on tv a couple of weeks ago, he looked like he was afraid that he would hit a bad shot, and he fully expected to hit a bad shot.

#44 ldchristopher

ldchristopher

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431090
  • Handicap:2.5
  • Ebay ID:louchratis
GolfWRX Likes : 307

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

A Hunter Mahan thread pops up about once every 6 months. I saw him at the John Deere Classic this year and his swing is a shell of what it once was. Mentally, he's either completely lost it or just doesn't care anymore (they both lead to the same result) and while standing next to Candy, I couldn't help but notice her very present mom butt. I guess it started with his Ryder Cup yips. Some pros can recover from chunking chips and hitting a putt from off the green about 2 inches. Sadly, Hunter was not that type of pro. He's more like a normally reliable NFL kicker who misses a big kick and then can't make a field goal to save his life. His head's just not right. Oh, and Sean Foley took what little confidence Hunter had left and shattered it.
Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5 w/ Aldila Rogue Max 65 stiff
3 Wood: Mizuno JPX 900 15 w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 stiff
5 Wood: Titleist 917F 18˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 gram stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85 stiff
4 iron: Mizuno MP-54 w/ DG S300
5 - 7 iron: Mizuno MP-5 w/ DG S300
8 iron PW: Mizuno MP-4 w/ DG S300
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52/7 and 58/12
Putter: LaJosi Sensor 303SS w/ oil can finish
Back-up Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC1

#45 Jasonic

Jasonic

Gamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2092

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....

Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

#46 hardcaliber

hardcaliber

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108001
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

I think the dad thing is being a bit overblown to be honest. I say this as a father of two toddlers who is very involved and beat to hell chasing them around.

Average guys with golf as a hobby have to cut back dramatically with kids in the mix. But I assume most of us still have jobs that we work 40 or more hours a weeks. It's not like all of a sudden we can't even have a job anymore. How many hours a day does the average tour pro practice? Maybe someone with more knowledge can correct me, but I don't think you could practice 8 hours a day every day without giving yourself a tiger like back by 30.

Lots of top guys out there seem to have kids. I remember seeing pictures of kuchars and days kids specifically but I'm sure a lot more have kids.  

I guess if you are financially independent and decide that you want to be home 100 percent of the time and never miss a single pre-k parent teacher conference then you might not be able to make it work on tour.  If you are like 99 percent of dads out there and want to be involved but still have a job as well then it's seems like it should be doable.

#47 playa

playa

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,173 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 08 September 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

I'm in agreement with you about the becoming a dad thing. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that his game isn't where it used to be more than anything. I know he mentioned that the media kind of overplayed his "dad being #1" stuff, but as you mentioned I have to imagine that really is something that is more important to him than anything else in the world and I can't blame him. I don't have kids, but the friends of mine that do, certainly play much less golf than before, and while we enjoy giving them a hard time about it, we also all understand. Family will always come before golf for almost anybody and I will never fault a person for it as that's really the way it should be.

Now, Foley might be part of the issue as well, but I think that is very much secondary to things mentioned above with wanting to see his little girl grow up and be around for the "big moments".

With the demanding schedule you have to be at the absolute highest level of the game, being around a lot isn't always going to be an option and you have to prioritize what's the most important thing for you.
If I had enough money to retire when my little ones came along I would have left my job for sure. You couldn't blame him for taking his eye off the ball (pun intended).

#48 nitram

nitram

Take Dead Aim

• 4,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 943

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostDavePelz4, on 02 September 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

You know Med...he's probably made $50M on and off, out kicked his coverage with Kandi, had some kids and has a great life...maybe like Maverick Cougar in Top Gun, he's just lost the edge.

Fixed it for ya Dave :drinks:
M2 ('17 T.I.) 10.5* TP6HD X
M2 ('17 T.I.) 3WD Veylix Rome 888X
Sonartec Md-19* Veylix Rome 988X
Srixon 745 4-7/945 8-P KBS Tour V 120X
Miura 1957 51, 55, & 59 Nippon SP Blue
Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)

#49 prorobo

prorobo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191834
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 1658

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

View Postnitram, on 09 September 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

You know Med...he's probably made $50M on and off, out kicked his coverage with Kandi, had some kids and has a great life...maybe like Maverick Cougar in Top Gun, he's just lost the edge.

Maverick lost the edge after Goose died. He got it back by flying with Tim Robbins and saving Iceman.

#50 tdk8180

tdk8180

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 701

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Everyone is subject to the allure of change.  Never allure to the status quo.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
GolfWRX Likes : 505

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

View Postplaya, on 09 September 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 08 September 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

If I had enough money to retire when my little ones came along I would have left my job for sure. You couldn't blame him for taking his eye off the ball (pun intended).

You seen the house he lives in? Doubt he has enough to keep living that lifestyle and retire

#52 tdk8180

tdk8180

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 701

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

View Postprorobo, on 09 September 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Maverick lost the edge after Goose died. He got it back by flying with Tim Robbins and saving Iceman.

Cougar lost the edge after the scare tactics of the "Russian" fighter jets.  Maverick lost the edge after Goose died.  Iceman lost the edge to stay fit after the credits rolled.

#53 the bishop

the bishop

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1241

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostJasonic, on 08 September 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

He always came across as an arrogant chode and mom butt is putting it lightly....
"chode".  lol
Bombtech Grenade 10.5* - S
TM M1 (2016) 15*  that stock Fujikura thing - S
W/S D100 19*/22* Matrix Ozik Altus - S
W/S FG Tour V6 5-P DG AMT S300
W/S FG Tour PMP 52/56/60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Scotty 5W

#54 EKELLY

EKELLY

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405114
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:edwardkellyed
GolfWRX Likes : 991

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

Every era has "the guy" that loses their form. Started with Miller, although how can you argue 25 wins and a few majors. Then Seve fell off, then Baker-Finch, Daly fell off the wagon a few times, Duval crashed, There have been countless others that lost it, we just didn't know it........Lanny tried after Faldo booted him out of the CBS booth, game was gone........And not all were from swing changes!...The game is HARD. Ask a competitor how hard it is......

#55 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 785

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

I wanted to copy his swing for a long time. I loved it. for a couple of years he was the birdie leader and could get on runs where he was lights out. There was also one year that he was the best over all driver on the tour,  which factors distance and accuracy. he was something like 300 yrd average 80% percent accuracy.

Edited by QuigleyDU, 11 September 2017 - 07:59 AM.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; VICE PRO PLUS/CALLY CHROME SOFT X/SRIXON Z STAR

#56 VNutz

VNutz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
GolfWRX Likes : 2330

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

View Postprorobo, on 09 September 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Obscure lesser known reference. Well played.

Posted Image

#57 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 2090

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Perhaps it might be marital trouble?  He's right at that 7-year itch stage.   Who knows?

#58 TheInfidel

TheInfidel

Gotta let the Big Dog eat....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264528
GolfWRX Likes : 644

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

HM at the thought of chipping or pitching from 50 and in....
oct4_mahan_299x195_0.jpg
  • Titleist 915D2 10.5* UST V2 X Flex
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X
  • Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X
  • Mizuno MP54 KBS Tour 130X +0.5'
  • Nike VR V-Rev 52*
  • Nike VR V-Rev 56*
  • Nike Engage Raw 60*
  • Edel E2 Torque Balanced PIXL 35'

#59 golfer07840

golfer07840

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433524
  • Handicap:16.4
GolfWRX Likes : 465

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

You can add Tiger to that very short list. However, he made TOO many changes, IMO

#60 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4766

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

You got to have a lot of "want to" to play well on tour.  Not giving it 100% is doom for most.  This would be my guess on the situation.

Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors