Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Naples Florida Course Recommendations


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 highscoreinky

highscoreinky

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29688
  • Joined: 05/24/2007
  • Location:Louisville, Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

Have reviewed several threads on golf in this area but nothing recent.  I have a South Florida Golf Pass and will be in Naples the 9th through the 16th of this month.

Looking for information and recommendations on what courses to play based on the following courses:
Bear's Paw Country Club, Bonita Bay Club Naples, Foxfire Country Club, Golf Club of the Everglades, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, LaPlaya Golf Club, Naples Grande, The Club at Olde Cypress, Naples Beach & Hotel Golf Club, The Quarry Golf Club, The Rookery at Marco and the TwinEagles Club.

Are there courses I left out that I should be looking at in the area?

Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

That's a good list.
Grey oaks, Treviso bay should be added. Lely flamingo if it's dry is a really fun track and a barging in summer.
Where are you staying?
I'm in marco
I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
Costco Signature golf ball.

2

#3 dslatt33

dslatt33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102258
  • Joined: 01/19/2010
  • Location:New York
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

Bonita Bay Club Naples, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, The Quarry Golf Club, and the TwinEagles Club

Don't think you could go wrong with any of these picks. I've played the first 3 and enjoyed playing each one. As for Twin Eagles depending on which 18 you play I believe the Champions Tour has an event every year on one of there 18 hole courses so you might enjoying giving that course a try too.

3

#4 highscoreinky

highscoreinky

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29688
  • Joined: 05/24/2007
  • Location:Louisville, Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Thanks baitkiller.  I'm staying at Vanderbilt Harbour & Beach Club,  I will be playing every day from the 10th through the 15th and may play 36 some days.

4

#5 highscoreinky

highscoreinky

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29688
  • Joined: 05/24/2007
  • Location:Louisville, Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

View Postdslatt33, on 01 September 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Bonita Bay Club Naples, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, The Quarry Golf Club, and the TwinEagles Club

Don't think you could go wrong with any of these picks. I've played the first 3 and enjoyed playing each one. As for Twin Eagles depending on which 18 you play I believe the Champions Tour has an event every year on one of there 18 hole courses so you might enjoying giving that course a try too.

Thanks dslatt33.  Would the first 3 rate as "must plays" or great plays in your opinion?  Trying to get a list of at least 4 or 5 must plays and a couple of great to play courses.


5

#6 The Mad Hacker

The Mad Hacker

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404028
  • Joined: 11/26/2015
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Handicap:16.7
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

Not on your list of courses in the original post, but I believe Old Corkscrew participates in the South Florida Golf Pass. Great track that I'd put in the "must play" category. Very tough, with diabolical greens, but a great test. Haven't played it recently so I can't comment on current conditions, but should be on your radar.

Please post a follow up after your trip. Very interested in hearing your thoughts on the courses you play. Have fun!
TM R15 - Speeder 57, S
TM RBZ 3 Wood - Matrix Ozik, R
TM Rescue Mid - M.A.S. 55, S
Callaway Apex CF16 5 - A, UST Recoil, F3
Titleist Vokey sm5 (52), Cleveland CG 15 (56), Cleveland CG 14 (60)
Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet

6

#7 Hyrprymate

Hyrprymate

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150101
  • Joined: 12/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Must play list...  Twin Eagles, Bonita Bay Naples, Everglades, La Playa. Hammock Bay, Naples Grande.

All of those should be in decent shape.  The only issue right now is the rain.  Many courses are soaked.

7

#8 dslatt33

dslatt33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102258
  • Joined: 01/19/2010
  • Location:New York
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

View Posthighscoreinky, on 01 September 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postdslatt33, on 01 September 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Bonita Bay Club Naples, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, The Quarry Golf Club, and the TwinEagles Club

Don't think you could go wrong with any of these picks. I've played the first 3 and enjoyed playing each one. As for Twin Eagles depending on which 18 you play I believe the Champions Tour has an event every year on one of there 18 hole courses so you might enjoying giving that course a try too.

Thanks dslatt33.  Would the first 3 rate as "must plays" or great plays in your opinion?  Trying to get a list of at least 4 or 5 must plays and a couple of great to play courses.



Bonita Bay and from what I hear Twin Eagles are definitely must plays. Hammock and the Quarry I would consider great plays.

Edited by dslatt33, 04 September 2017 - 02:37 PM.


8

#9 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

Treviso Bay is a nice course-enjoyed

9

#10 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:23 AM

Hideout great course if you can get on


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

View Posthighscoreinky, on 01 September 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Have reviewed several threads on golf in this area but nothing recent.  I have a South Florida Golf Pass and will be in Naples the 9th through the 16th of this month.

Looking for information and recommendations on what courses to play based on the following courses:
Bear's Paw Country Club, Bonita Bay Club Naples, Foxfire Country Club, Golf Club of the Everglades, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, LaPlaya Golf Club, Naples Grande, The Club at Olde Cypress, Naples Beach & Hotel Golf Club, The Quarry Golf Club, The Rookery at Marco and the TwinEagles Club.

Are there courses I left out that I should be looking at in the area?

Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations.
****Hurricane disrupting your trip ?

11

#12 2ball

2ball

    LEFTY

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15610
  • Joined: 06/20/2006
  • Location:Was - Chicago Now in - Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

View Postronnbee, on 06 September 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

View Posthighscoreinky, on 01 September 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Have reviewed several threads on golf in this area but nothing recent.  I have a South Florida Golf Pass and will be in Naples the 9th through the 16th of this month.

Looking for information and recommendations on what courses to play based on the following courses:
Bear's Paw Country Club, Bonita Bay Club Naples, Foxfire Country Club, Golf Club of the Everglades, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, LaPlaya Golf Club, Naples Grande, The Club at Olde Cypress, Naples Beach & Hotel Golf Club, The Quarry Golf Club, The Rookery at Marco and the TwinEagles Club.

Are there courses I left out that I should be looking at in the area?

Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations.
****Hurricane disrupting your trip ?

I'm guessing your trip has been delayed?

12

#13 highscoreinky

highscoreinky

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29688
  • Joined: 05/24/2007
  • Location:Louisville, Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for the replies.  We have postponed our trip to Naples.  I will update this thread once we make new arrangements and I get to play some of the courses recommended.  Prayers to all impacted by Harvey and Irma.

13

#14 Mdemuth

Mdemuth

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432902
  • Joined: 07/16/2016
  • Location:New york
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:djmyked
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

I play down in Naples every year, as my parents live there. I play Hammock Bay and The Rookery, both are beautiful courses, love them. Always in great condition and play is always fast. I've also played TPC Treviso, another great course, but it's still new so I think it needs to grow in a little, at least when I played a year and a half ago.

I'm from NY so going to Naples?... I don't think there is a bad course.....

14

#15 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

Things are moving fast around here. There are still several areas that have no power, no water, sewage in the streets and are quite desperate and then are others that by the grace of God had only wind damage and no flooding. These have recovered and are simply a matter of flipped over trees and minor roof repairs, screen cages etc.

I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
Costco Signature golf ball.

15

#16 highscoreinky

highscoreinky

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29688
  • Joined: 05/24/2007
  • Location:Louisville, Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the update baitkiller.  Prayers for all who have impacted by the hurricanes.

16

#17 nikegolfer1983

nikegolfer1983

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143907
  • Joined: 10/24/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

View Posthighscoreinky, on 01 September 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Have reviewed several threads on golf in this area but nothing recent.  I have a South Florida Golf Pass and will be in Naples the 9th through the 16th of this month.

Looking for information and recommendations on what courses to play based on the following courses:
Bear's Paw Country Club, Bonita Bay Club Naples, Foxfire Country Club, Golf Club of the Everglades, Hammock Bay Golf & Country Club, LaPlaya Golf Club, Naples Grande, The Club at Olde Cypress, Naples Beach & Hotel Golf Club, The Quarry Golf Club, The Rookery at Marco and the TwinEagles Club.

Are there courses I left out that I should be looking at in the area?

Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations.


Bonita Bay Club, TwinEagles, and Hammock Bay are all solid tracks.  Hammock Bay might be a bit of a drive, depending on where you are staying at..

17

#18 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

What courses got damaged by hurricane

18

#19 Hyrprymate

Hyrprymate

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150101
  • Joined: 12/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

View Postronnbee, on 19 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

What courses got damaged by hurricane
All of them....  some way more than others but 100% had damages.  Twin Eagles, Tiburon and Bonita have courses open now. Many others are still closed for indefinite periods. Many will be opening next week.  I'm not sure about reciprocal play at this point.

19

#20 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

^^^ This. All have uncountable trees uprooted and many have flooding. I haven't even bothered calling the head at Rookery / Hammock Bay. I know they got pummeled and pretty sure they are only getting power back maybe today. Its gonna be weeks for many.

I can Break Rocks
Krank F-5.. UST Tour
Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff
XXIO 5 wood , proprietary shaft
Wilson 2 iron from the 1980s, teaspoon shaft unknown.
Mizuno MP-52 3-PW (48*), DG X100
Mizuno MP R-12 at 54* and 60* DG spinners.
Bettinardi C-01
Costco Signature golf ball.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

 Hyrprymate, on 20 September 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

 ronnbee, on 19 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

What courses got damaged by hurricane
All of them....  some way more than others but 100% had damages.  Twin Eagles, Tiburon and Bonita have courses open now. Many others are still closed for indefinite periods. Many will be opening next week.  I'm not sure about reciprocal play at this point.
hear anything about Calusa pines

21

#22 nikegolfer1983

nikegolfer1983

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143907
  • Joined: 10/24/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

 ronnbee, on 20 September 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

 Hyrprymate, on 20 September 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

 ronnbee, on 19 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

What courses got damaged by hurricane
All of them....  some way more than others but 100% had damages.  Twin Eagles, Tiburon and Bonita have courses open now. Many others are still closed for indefinite periods. Many will be opening next week.  I'm not sure about reciprocal play at this point.
hear anything about Calusa pines


Calusa is a pretty decent track...  Played it about 5-6 times when I use to live in Naples

22

#23 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

Decent track-It's outstanding!!!!!

23

#24 nikegolfer1983

nikegolfer1983

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143907
  • Joined: 10/24/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

 ronnbee, on 21 September 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Decent track-It's outstanding!!!!!

Yes its a special place, a lot of great holes and just an awesome atmosphere.

24



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors