Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ultra Light Weight Bag Battle - Which do you have??

120 replies to this topic

#121 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 1724

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 12 January 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 12 January 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 12 January 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

The clubs did not go in and out of the bag nearly as easily, nor stay sorted while in the bag, nearly as easily as in the Titleist Ultralight or similar small stand bags that I've used. And the ultralight material wanted to flap and bunch up in and between the legs. It was also balanced awkwardly unless I stuck a pound or two of golf balls or something in the lower pocket.

It just didn't handle well. Perhaps the followup generation of the 4Five got some of that sorted out, the one I was looking at was 1st-gen.

I think anything with only 4 or 5 dividers is going to have some club tangle. You've got to be kind of OCD on how you first initially set the clubs in... They've got to go in perfectly parallel to the bag otherwise club shafts will cross and you get the dreaded tangle of doom. I'm more so annoyed that I've got 3 or 4 irons all bunched up in a corner of a divider pocket and then a bunch of empty space. It looks odd and it makes the bag chatter a lot worse, so bad in fact I bought iron covers for walking because by like hole 3, the constant slapping of iron heads drives me nuts.

Yes I could tell it was going to do that just walking around the store with a set of their clubs stuck in there.
Yeah... I also think 4 dividers is tough because I have to decide to place my mallet either in the top slot with a driver, 3w and 2 hybrids, or in the bottom with my wedges... but it doesn't sit very nice in the bottom and ends up running into the irons above. I think a 5th divider to hold putter on it's own could be useful.

Overall though the bag is so crazy light, seems very sturdy. My number one agenda was find the lightest bag possible... Not sure I'd switch just because the bag looks a touch messy.

WITB
DR - '16 M2 Speeder Evo II 661 (Srixon Z785 on order)
3W - Rogue SZ Evenflow Blue 75 (F8 2kXV Blue 75 back up)
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon (Odyssey O Works Tank #7 backup)
Ball - Project (a) [Testing Q Star Tour's for WRX]
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors