Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Cobra F7 Public Service Announcement


159 replies to this topic

#91 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 488

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

It was the CB RTX 3

Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS 44.5"
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 19* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H Stock R Flex
Fly Z 4H Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 nlinneman20

nlinneman20

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472116
  • Joined: 06/20/2017
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:natl20
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

View Postphatchrisrules, on 08 September 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

View Postnlinneman20, on 08 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostInterpol, on 08 September 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

View Postnlinneman20, on 08 September 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

I have it at 9.5D on the F7, does that mean its 8.5??

Who cares, it's just a number.  Take practice drives with every setting and pick the best one.  Done!

Great, I did that, I like the 9.5D however Im wondering if its like im actually hitting a 8.5...chill out, simple question

Chances are on top of this the "true" loft of the club still isn't even close to what is posted on the head.  So as others have said, play what adapter setting works best and go for it.  Does it make the driver completely unusable if you are bombing it and the loft sleeve says 9.5* but the driver actually has a "true" loft value of 12*?  No not at all.  It just means that when you upgrade to your next driver, you'll likely play a 10.5 or 11* instead of the 9.5* you are now.  Simple.

Again NO, if the real loft is 28 or 3 I'm not gonna be running around proclaiming it to the world, HOWEVER for my own personal knowledge I would like to know how exactly this adjustable loft stuff works.

Kind of like if I buy a car, sure they all go, and will get me where I'm going but I would still like to know the horsepower of a car that I own.

Same thing with a pair of shoes, I would like to know the brand and size, even if they fit perfectly, just for my own knowledge and future potential purchases.

2

#93 EastPADude

EastPADude

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471010
  • Joined: 06/11/2017
  • Location:Kutztown, PA
  • Handicap:~30
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

The F7+ matte black is one of the sexiest drivers I've ever seen.

3

#94 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 2219

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

View PostEastPADude, on 08 September 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

The F7+ matte black is one of the sexiest drivers I've ever seen.

I wish the fairway wood was matte as well. Looks really good
2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

4

#95 Interpol

Interpol

    POWWWWWW

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34463
  • Joined: 07/13/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

View Postnlinneman20, on 08 September 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Again NO, if the real loft is 28 or 3 I'm not gonna be running around proclaiming it to the world, HOWEVER for my own personal knowledge I would like to know how exactly this adjustable loft stuff works.

Kind of like if I buy a car, sure they all go, and will get me where I'm going but I would still like to know the horsepower of a car that I own.

Same thing with a pair of shoes, I would like to know the brand and size, even if they fit perfectly, just for my own knowledge and future potential purchases.

None of those analogies apply.  Horsepower and shoe sizes are fairly standardized units of measurement.  Driver loft adjustments are not.  If you're using the 9.5* D setting on your F7, that doesn't mean 9.5* D is the optimal setting for you on a TM M1, for example.  Or even a F6+.

Like I said, they're just numbers.  They aren't the same across manufacturers or even models made by the same company.

Edited by Interpol, 08 September 2017 - 11:40 PM.

Cobra King F7+ Driver
Ping G 3W
Ping G30 3H
Ping G30 ProjectX 5.5 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56
Nike X3X 60
Ping Karsten TR Anser 5

5

#96 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 612

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

View Postnlinneman20, on 08 September 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

View Postphatchrisrules, on 08 September 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

View Postnlinneman20, on 08 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostInterpol, on 08 September 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

View Postnlinneman20, on 08 September 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

I have it at 9.5D on the F7, does that mean its 8.5??

Who cares, it's just a number.  Take practice drives with every setting and pick the best one.  Done!

Great, I did that, I like the 9.5D however Im wondering if its like im actually hitting a 8.5...chill out, simple question

Chances are on top of this the "true" loft of the club still isn't even close to what is posted on the head.  So as others have said, play what adapter setting works best and go for it.  Does it make the driver completely unusable if you are bombing it and the loft sleeve says 9.5* but the driver actually has a "true" loft value of 12*?  No not at all.  It just means that when you upgrade to your next driver, you'll likely play a 10.5 or 11* instead of the 9.5* you are now.  Simple.

Again NO, if the real loft is 28 or 3 I'm not gonna be running around proclaiming it to the world, HOWEVER for my own personal knowledge I would like to know how exactly this adjustable loft stuff works.

Kind of like if I buy a car, sure they all go, and will get me where I'm going but I would still like to know the horsepower of a car that I own.

Same thing with a pair of shoes, I would like to know the brand and size, even if they fit perfectly, just for my own knowledge and future potential purchases.

Alright.  The loft on any of the "+" model drivers usually goes 1* lower than the typical non-plus model of the same head.  So if you have an F6+ shaft in an F6 head and are playing it at then whatever the loft sleeve says, add 1*.  The loft sleeve isn't actually making the driver that loft.  They are very slightly angled to manipulate the loft and face angle of the driver accordingly.  Conversely, if you had an F6 shaft into an F6+, then subtract a degree.  The same applies for the F7 and F7+.  The only one that is drastically out are the "Pro" models of the BioCell, King LTD, and I think Fly-Z (did they make a Fly-Z Pro?).  The loft is something like 2* different from the Pro to the standard head.  These also had fade settings on them, so I would assume it is backwards, that the fade now produces a straight shot, and the neutral now becomes draw, and vice versa in the Pro models.

Does that make sense?
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue 17* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

6

#97 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 488

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

And the F7+ goes down to 8* where the F6+ went to 9* so changing shafts between those you would want to go 1* higher on the F6+ shaft in an F7+ head. However, the tolerances are not even within 1* on the OTS clubs so who knows what you were really at on the F6+. They could have always been a little weaker than what was stated and they just corrected it with the new driver. And 1* doesnt make much of a difference when most of us change our angle of attack by 2*-3* on each shot. Whether 8.5 or 9.5 really doesn't do much. Go by flight forgiveness and carry.
Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS 44.5"
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 19* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H Stock R Flex
Fly Z 4H Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

7

#98 LandOf10000WaterHazards

LandOf10000WaterHazards

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479308
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Does anyone know if the woods are also going for cheap? I'm in love with the F7 3W and I've just been waiting for a good price

8

#99 aaronpoling

aaronpoling

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427714
  • Joined: 06/03/2016
  • Location:Wilsonville, Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

View Postinfinite_galaxy, on 09 September 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Does anyone know if the woods are also going for cheap? I'm in love with the F7 3W and I've just been waiting for a good price
I picked up the F7 3/4w from DSG for $125; about $75 cheaper than anywhere I had seen

9

#100 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 2219

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Bought the f7+ at golf galaxy for 194 (matched dicks price) and got to play today. Coming from LTD pro this thing is amazing and LTD was my favorite driver ever. Love the feel and the ball just feel like it rockets off the face. Got 3 wood as well to replace f6 and it's so much better all around. Love the sound of both clubs.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1249

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostJasonic, on 09 September 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Bought the f7+ at golf galaxy for 194 (matched dicks price) and got to play today. Coming from LTD pro this thing is amazing and LTD was my favorite driver ever. Love the feel and the ball just feel like it rockets off the face. Got 3 wood as well to replace f6 and it's so much better all around. Love the sound of both clubs.

Ummmmm,,,,,,, Dick's owns Golf Galaxy (or has that changed ? Who can keep track ? LOL).
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Cleveland RTX-3 56* SW & 64* LW
TaylorMade Tour Spider Black

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

11

#102 aaronpoling

aaronpoling

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427714
  • Joined: 06/03/2016
  • Location:Wilsonville, Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

View Postnsxguy, on 09 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 09 September 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Bought the f7+ at golf galaxy for 194 (matched dicks price) and got to play today. Coming from LTD pro this thing is amazing and LTD was my favorite driver ever. Love the feel and the ball just feel like it rockets off the face. Got 3 wood as well to replace f6 and it's so much better all around. Love the sound of both clubs.

Ummmmm,,,,,,, Dick's owns Golf Galaxy (or has that changed ? Who can keep track ? LOL).
They do own them. The problem is even with the different stores of DSG the price for the Cobra clubs has been inconsistent. One place has them for $199, online has them for $199 but other stores has them for $162 (referring to the F7)

12

#103 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 2219

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

View Postaaronpoling, on 09 September 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

View Postnsxguy, on 09 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostJasonic, on 09 September 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Bought the f7+ at golf galaxy for 194 (matched dicks price) and got to play today. Coming from LTD pro this thing is amazing and LTD was my favorite driver ever. Love the feel and the ball just feel like it rockets off the face. Got 3 wood as well to replace f6 and it's so much better all around. Love the sound of both clubs.

Ummmmm,,,,,,, Dick's owns Golf Galaxy (or has that changed ? Who can keep track ? LOL).
They do own them. The problem is even with the different stores of DSG the price for the Cobra clubs has been inconsistent. One place has them for $199, online has them for $199 but other stores has them for $162 (referring to the F7)

The guy was surprised since dicks owns golf galaxy but was like, "whatever!!" Lol
2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

13

#104 marks21

marks21

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296651
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

My local DSG had one left in stock. Rang up at 204 though. I talked with the store manager and Dicks are phasing out Cobra and Titliest at this location. He said next year they will be almost exclusively Taylormade and Callaway, with Ping drivers and woods. I told him how other locations have the Cobra priced at $162 and after showing him a copy of your receipts, he decided to match the price. Will swap the head out with my current Fly Z and head to the range to get this tuned in.

Edited by marks21, 10 September 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Cobra F7+ Driver 9* Aldila Tour Green 75 X
Callaway GBB 816 15* Aldila Tour Green 85 X
Mizuno MP18 FliHi 3-4 KBS C Taper S+
Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW KBS C Taper S+
Callaway MD 3 50* 54* 60*
Odyessy O-works #1W
Bridgestone Tour B330S

14

#105 chch3

chch3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242251
  • Joined: 04/01/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:chach3
GolfWRX Likes : 232

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Went to dicks to return something and they gave me a %15 off coupon for the store.  They had an F7+ for $195 and the coupon worked.  I ended up getting F7+ for $177.

Cobra F6 Baffler // Tour AD DI
Taylormade UDI 2 Iron // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 4 Hybrid // Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Mizuno T7 52 // Project X
Callaway PM 56 // Project X
Taylormade Tour Spider Black

15

#106 Shankapod

Shankapod

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438438
  • Joined: 08/27/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Dicks by me had the f7 for 199. Guess I missed out :swoon:

16

#107 Brentwalker52

Brentwalker52

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444784
  • Joined: 10/25/2016
  • Location:Scottsburg
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Just stiopped at the closest dsg and  of course no f7 drivers for a lefty but they've dropped the price to 162.00 for the ones left in stock

17

#108 chch3

chch3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242251
  • Joined: 04/01/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:chach3
GolfWRX Likes : 232

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Just got my F7+ dialed in at the range tonight.  Ended up with the heaviest weight in the back and using an diamana S+ 72 at 9.5.  This is a great club.
Cobra F6 Baffler // Tour AD DI
Taylormade UDI 2 Iron // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 4 Hybrid // Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Mizuno T7 52 // Project X
Callaway PM 56 // Project X
Taylormade Tour Spider Black

18

#109 kess13

kess13

    So I just put the ball in the hole...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196594
  • Joined: 08/05/2012
  • Location:DC
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Wasn't sure about the f7+ over my flyz+. Mostly because of the xlr8 and the shallow head. Cut the xlr8 down and it was OK but not great. Popped my old biocell+ red tie in set it to 10.5 with the heavy weight in back and 6ish" of LT on the bottom. This is a great club.
F7+
G15 3w
MMB-17 3-G
S18/Eye2XG
Ming

19

#110 chch3

chch3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242251
  • Joined: 04/01/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:chach3
GolfWRX Likes : 232

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

I am crushing the F7+ past my bio cell.  Glad I picked one of these up.

Cobra F6 Baffler // Tour AD DI
Taylormade UDI 2 Iron // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 4 Hybrid // Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Mizuno T7 52 // Project X
Callaway PM 56 // Project X
Taylormade Tour Spider Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 488

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

Has anyone had any really odd short drives on occasion with the F7+? Something I never experienced with the F6+, but have now had a few really short drives that still found the fairway. Not sure what is happening. But on a hole that I always drive it 240-260 it only went 200 total. I know it didn't get any roll out at it landed in a wet area, but still seemed way too short. Had another drive that felt like I crushed it and knew it was one of my longer 260-270 drives like I hit on occasion and it only went 245. Am I just seeing a compounding of getting out of hard pan summer fairways and maybe a few strikes with more side spin cutting my carry down a bit, or should I keep tinkering? I will say I hit more fairways than I ever have and shot very well overall so not really that concerned but just found it eye opening.
Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS 44.5"
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 19* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H Stock R Flex
Fly Z 4H Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

21

#112 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 612

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostBelmont148, on 18 September 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Has anyone had any really odd short drives on occasion with the F7+? Something I never experienced with the F6+, but have now had a few really short drives that still found the fairway. Not sure what is happening. But on a hole that I always drive it 240-260 it only went 200 total. I know it didn't get any roll out at it landed in a wet area, but still seemed way too short. Had another drive that felt like I crushed it and knew it was one of my longer 260-270 drives like I hit on occasion and it only went 245. Am I just seeing a compounding of getting out of hard pan summer fairways and maybe a few strikes with more side spin cutting my carry down a bit, or should I keep tinkering? I will say I hit more fairways than I ever have and shot very well overall so not really that concerned but just found it eye opening.

It is possible that you and that shaft don't get along very well.  Maybe your timing needs to be exactly perfect to get it to work.  I know that is the case for me with anything below 60g, I tend to be really inconsistent in my strikes and it shows.  Is the XLR8 counterbalanced?  I have also found that I tend to "help" the ball in the air with counterbalanced shafts because they feel super weird and stiff in the butt and then super soft everywhere else.  My hands tend to slow down in a fear that I'll hit it all over the planet and flip it.
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue 17* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

22

#113 Reb58

Reb58

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477482
  • Joined: 08/03/2017
  • Location:Houston tx
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:Rebel8
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostBelmont148, on 27 August 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Really? They just came out with 2 brand new SL sets and added a junior set previously this summer. Just because everyone isn't jumping on the bandwagon and playing them everywhere like Apex CF16s, doesn't mean they are struggling.

I know Dicks has been wanting to become more a premier golf retailer after the Golf Smith buy. Many stores I have talked to keep saying they don't know why they aren't selling Titleist, full Mizuno line, etc. Maybe they plan to stop carrying Cobra and plan to focus on a select set of manufacturers. Maybe Titleist held out and told them unless you commit to us like you did Taylormade, not gonna happen. Dicks might gain Titleist, but it might be to the detriment of Cobra. I could see Dicks trying to expand and only carry Titleist, TM, Callaway, and Ping. Titleist is desperate, and going into Dicks might be the last resort.
Just left GG, a Dick's owned company and they had NO premium shafts to hit except a Hzrdus yellow and Tensei blue in Cobra F7.  Stock shafts only across the board. I was disappointed as I was looking for one, at least.

23

#114 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 612

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostReb58, on 18 September 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

View PostBelmont148, on 27 August 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Really? They just came out with 2 brand new SL sets and added a junior set previously this summer. Just because everyone isn't jumping on the bandwagon and playing them everywhere like Apex CF16s, doesn't mean they are struggling.

I know Dicks has been wanting to become more a premier golf retailer after the Golf Smith buy. Many stores I have talked to keep saying they don't know why they aren't selling Titleist, full Mizuno line, etc. Maybe they plan to stop carrying Cobra and plan to focus on a select set of manufacturers. Maybe Titleist held out and told them unless you commit to us like you did Taylormade, not gonna happen. Dicks might gain Titleist, but it might be to the detriment of Cobra. I could see Dicks trying to expand and only carry Titleist, TM, Callaway, and Ping. Titleist is desperate, and going into Dicks might be the last resort.
Just left GG, a Dick's owned company and they had NO premium shafts to hit except a Hzrdus yellow and Tensei blue in Cobra F7.  Stock shafts only across the board. I was disappointed as I was looking for one, at least.

Huh? You were looking for shafts to try and you state they had HZRDUS and a Tensei, but they had nothing but stock shafts?  This makes no sense.  In what world is a HZRDUS or a Tensei NOT a premium shaft?  Just because they are free upgrades doesn't mean they are junk.
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue 17* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

24

#115 TravAz

TravAz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52825
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 238

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

Thread to discuss the various tuning options, shafts, etc for the f7/f7+:
http://www.golfwrx.c...-tuning-thread/

Edited by TravAz, 18 September 2017 - 11:48 PM.

Current Bag:
Cobra F7+,  Baffler
Vapor Fly Pro irons
TM EF 50,54 PM Grind 58

25

#116 wkndhack

wkndhack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425792
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 347

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostBelmont148, on 18 September 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Has anyone had any really odd short drives on occasion with the F7+? Something I never experienced with the F6+, but have now had a few really short drives that still found the fairway. Not sure what is happening. But on a hole that I always drive it 240-260 it only went 200 total. I know it didn't get any roll out at it landed in a wet area, but still seemed way too short. Had another drive that felt like I crushed it and knew it was one of my longer 260-270 drives like I hit on occasion and it only went 245. Am I just seeing a compounding of getting out of hard pan summer fairways and maybe a few strikes with more side spin cutting my carry down a bit, or should I keep tinkering? I will say I hit more fairways than I ever have and shot very well overall so not really that concerned but just found it eye opening.

I'm seeing significant distance loss with F7+ compared to my earlier Cobra drivers and my standard F7. I have been using some different shafts and need to do some better side by side, but I'm hitting the F7+ with Hzrdus Red 220 to 240 when my F7 with Elements Chrome+ goes 260 to 275. Going to swap shafts and see if its shaft or head issue.
Cobra King F8+ Oban Isawa Red 66-04
Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
Cobra King F8 4H Aldila Rogue Silver 75S
Cobra Forged Tec 5-GW DG S300AMT
Cobra King 54V, 58V
Bettinardi QB8
Srixon Q-Star Tour

26

#117 rainkingjr

rainkingjr

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52783
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 549

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

I asked the manager at my local Golf Galaxy about their lack of Cobra inventory. He told me that DSG isn't renewing with Cobra so neither DSG nor Golf Galaxy will be carrying Cobra now. This is terrible news as far as I am concerned because now, like Bridgestone and Srixon, I'll have nowhere to be able to demo any new Cobra stuff. With Golfsmith going out of business, all I have left is DSG and Golf Galaxy. I wish a brick and mortar shop would open again, but chances of that happening are slim and none.

27

#118 Sparky14

Sparky14

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422722
  • Joined: 04/27/2016
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:sparky-14
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Stopped by DSG on the way home. The F7 and F7+ drivers were both tagged with a $207.97 sticker. I took both up to the register for a price check. They came up with a 20% discount off of a price that wasn't the $207.97

F7+ driver was $162. F7 driver was $138. F7 3/4w was $108. F7 hybrid was $80.  I jumped on the F7/F7/F7 (I thought the F7+ was too similar to my LTD Black).

28

#119 Krt22

Krt22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 2176

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Even cheaper at my local DSG. I paid $155 for an F7+ driver, the F7 was $130. They were 20% off the lowest marked prices.

29

#120 chch3

chch3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242251
  • Joined: 04/01/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:chach3
GolfWRX Likes : 232

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Went to Dicks today and they had a Baffler F6 on the clearance rack with an extra 30% off.  I had a couple coupons and ended up getting it for $60.  I have one already, but it was so cheap, I had to get another for a backup.

Cobra F6 Baffler // Tour AD DI
Taylormade UDI 2 Iron // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 4 Hybrid // Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Mizuno T7 52 // Project X
Callaway PM 56 // Project X
Taylormade Tour Spider Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors