Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Official Aldila Black, Green, Copper Mamba Trackman Review Thread. Comparison to Tensei Pro Product.

Pro Orange V2 Tensei Copperhead Mamba Aldila Tour high modulous Trackman Kuro Kage Tensei Pro

113 replies to this topic

#31 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:58 AM

Product overview posted. Just to give people a general idea of what the profiles are like.

Black Mamba is basically a slightly lower launching shaft than Kuro Kage Dual Core XT with very similar spin rates. It is also a shade tighter feeling, so the guys who liked the feel of the original XT with it's crispness a bit more than Dual Core XT, but want the same insanely low spin properties should look here. Flat hitting, very very low spin, responsive, yet crisp feel.

Green Mamba is a shaft that a LOT of players should really love. It's got somewhat of a blueboard type smoothness like Tensei Pro Blue, but it has a bit lower spin characteristics. It's somewhat like a slightly lower spinning Tensei Pro Blue. It is phenominal in fairway woods and equally as good in a driver for the guy who isn't looking for ultra low spin but still doesn't want a soft tip shaft. It's a very nice sort of hybridized shaft that I think is easily the one that fits the widest demo.

Copperhead in TX flex feels and performs remarkably like the famed Tensei Pro Orange V2. It is high launch, pretty low spin, super smooth feeling, and very easy to work around the golf course. It can be turned over and isn't nearly as anti left as Pro Orange. It is really similar to the more user friendly Pro Orange V2. This is definitely not a shaft to be afraid of if you aren't super aggressive. We  have guys at 105 playing untipped TX and talking about how smooth it is.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Hitlongbombs

Hitlongbombs

    Newbie

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480572
  • Joined: 08/30/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Going out today and going to compare my newly acquired kk dc xt against the black mamba.
Can't wait!

2

#33 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

 Hitlongbombs, on 01 September 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Going out today and going to compare my newly acquired kk dc xt against the black mamba.
Can't wait!

Please feel free to post your thoughts and comparison.

I will be adding more data shortly as well.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

3

#34 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

Thom and Michael's data going up tomorrow.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

4

#35 KPH808

KPH808

    Participation Trophy

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135322
  • Joined: 08/05/2011
  • Location:SoCal
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

Is the Black counterbalanced at all? I just received a 70TX and put it in my 2017 M2 playing at 45" and the swingweight came out to D1, same as it is with my Tensei White 70TX at 45"

TM '17 M2 9.5* w/ Tensei White 70 TX
TM '17 M1 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
Titleist 712u w/ DG TI X100
Mizuno MP 15 4-5 & MP 4 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 130x
TM EF Wedges 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

5

#36 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5135

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Heavily counter balanced
Callaway Epic SZ 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 44.50" SW D4
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

6

#37 KPH808

KPH808

    Participation Trophy

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135322
  • Joined: 08/05/2011
  • Location:SoCal
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

 J13, on 11 September 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Heavily counter balanced

Thanks
TM '17 M2 9.5* w/ Tensei White 70 TX
TM '17 M1 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
Titleist 712u w/ DG TI X100
Mizuno MP 15 4-5 & MP 4 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 130x
TM EF Wedges 50, 54, 60 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

7

#38 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

 KPH808, on 11 September 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Is the Black counterbalanced at all? I just received a 70TX and put it in my 2017 M2 playing at 45" and the swingweight came out to D1, same as it is with my Tensei White 70TX at 45"

It should have a similar balance point to your Tensei White. If you are seeing the same swingweight, obviously that is the case. The Copper is the one that is quite counter weighted.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

8

#39 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Ok guys – first, let me say this is a review of ALL three versions, as they felt to me and my swing (I will be posting video and flightscope numbers shortly – been crazy at work as of late and haven’t been able to get to the range afterwards).

As you know (or some of you know), I’ve been lucky enough to get both the Black and the Copper in 70TX to test for WRX, and I managed to get a Green 70TX for myself – simply b/c I wanted to see them all.

I hit previously the Copper and Black in the 2017 M2 and 917D3 – and will be using the Green in a Ping G400. My driver SS is around 113-117mph, moderate transition, smooth tempo and play my drivers at 45.25” and D4. In the past I’ve had the T1100 with success, as I have with the Even Flow Black, Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro, Tensei PW/PO V2, KK XT, GP-7X, and a whole host of others.

I’ll just get this out of the way and say the Xtorsion shaft design cosmetically is really top notch and they really hit it out of the ballpark. I love the weave section midway down the shaft to the tip – and the mesh/snakeskin type 3D portion of the shaft below the grip.

Now onto the good stuff – some rankings followed by some description

Spin (lowest to highest): black, green, copper
Feel (smooth to boardy): copper/green, black
Kick (smooth to firm): green, black, copper
Launch (low to high): black/green, copper

Copperhead:  This counterbalanced nature of this shaft is great for those with a smoother transition and progressive release – for those like myself with a moderate transition or aggressive at times (under extra oomph) – this shaft can spin up a touch (especially into the wind). The feel with this shaft is pretty different to me than the other two in that I believe the counterbalance is giving the added kick at the end (again, this is when I put some more load on it from being more aggressive) – otherwise it was very smooth overall. This shaft is going to be ideal for the golfer who has a smooth swing and transition, or wants to find a fairway finder in a 3W/FW club. Of the 3 versions, this shaft was most accepting of varied swing strengths (i.e., you could lay off it a bit and still get great results, or you could step on it and it’d still produce).

Green: This shaft for me was the best of the bunch. It allowed me to go after it when I wanted to, but gave me nothing but a VERY straight ball flight that just didn’t want to go left or right. Boring, low flight penetrating shots that hit and rolled. This shaft was much more consistent for me into the wind than the copper, and didn’t give me dispersion issues like the black did (read below for more info). The load on this shaft is progressive and doesn’t feel like it kicks – just translates the energy through the swing smoothly. As noted above, this version and the black are low launch and super low spin. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the weight – both this and the black versions at ‘70TX’ felt heavy to me. It’s not necessarily a BAD thing since my shot consistency was best with the green, but something to note.

Black: The beauty and the beast. For me, I felt like this shaft required you to bring it or be a higher spinning player to get the most out of it. It felt a bit heavy like the green but, at times it was so low spin that I couldn’t elevate it or get consistent ball flights out of it. When I leaned on it…it performed well with a smooth, slightly firmer release of energy through impact (not a kick at all) – with a low launch, extremely low spin flight that either went straight or knuckled on me (ball flight at times was unpredictable). This shaft to me is ideal for the power player or someone who has spin issues. Otherwise it’s just a whole other level. I’d put this in the Veylix Roughneck, Pro White 80TX, KK Dual Core 70TX, etc arena.

As always, I’m here to help with questions or recommendations – I’ve hit just about everything out there so I’ll do my best to compare.
Cheers – Gio

Edited by gioguy21, 12 September 2017 - 02:33 PM.

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


9

#40 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

 gioguy21, on 12 September 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Ok guys – first, let me say this is a review of ALL three versions, as they felt to me and my swing (I will be posting video and flightscope numbers shortly – been crazy at work as of late and haven’t been able to get to the range afterwards).

As you know (or some of you know), I’ve been lucky enough to get both the Black and the Copper in 70TX to test for WRX, and I managed to get a Green 70TX for myself – simply b/c I wanted to see them all.

I hit previously the Copper and Black in the 2017 M2 and 917D3 – and will be using the Green in a Ping G400. My driver SS is around 113-117mph, moderate transition, smooth tempo and play my drivers at 45.25” and D4. In the past I’ve had the T1100 with success, as I have with the Even Flow Black, Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro, Tensei PW/PO V2, KK XT, GP-7X, and a whole host of others.

I’ll just get this out of the way and say the Xtorsion shaft design cosmetically is really top notch and they really hit it out of the ballpark. I love the weave section midway down the shaft to the tip – and the mesh/snakeskin type 3D portion of the shaft below the grip.

Now onto the good stuff – some rankings followed by some description

Spin (lowest to highest): black, green, copper
Feel (smooth to boardy): copper/green, black
Kick (smooth to firm): green, black, copper
Launch (low to high): black/green, copper

Copperhead:  This counterbalanced nature of this shaft is great for those with a smoother transition and progressive release – for those like myself with a moderate transition or aggressive at times (under extra oomph) – this shaft can spin up a touch (especially into the wind). The feel with this shaft is pretty different to me than the other two in that I believe the counterbalance is giving the added kick at the end (again, this is when I put some more load on it from being more aggressive) – otherwise it was very smooth overall. This shaft is going to be ideal for the golfer who has a smooth swing and transition, or wants to find a fairway finder in a 3W/FW club. Of the 3 versions, this shaft was most accepting of varied swing strengths (i.e., you could lay off it a bit and still get great results, or you could step on it and it’d still produce).

Green: This shaft for me was the best of the bunch. It allowed me to go after it when I wanted to, but gave me nothing but a VERY straight ball flight that just didn’t want to go left or right. Boring, low flight penetrating shots that hit and rolled. This shaft was much more consistent for me into the wind than the copper, and didn’t give me dispersion issues like the black did (read below for more info). The load on this shaft is progressive and doesn’t feel like it kicks – just translates the energy through the swing smoothly. As noted above, this version and the black are low launch and super low spin. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the weight – both this and the black versions at ‘70TX’ felt heavy to me. It’s not necessarily a BAD thing since my shot consistency was best with the green, but something to note.

Black: The beauty and the beast. For me, I felt like this shaft required you to bring it or be a higher spinning player to get the most out of it. It felt a bit heavy like the green but, at times it was so low spin that I couldn’t elevate it or get consistent ball flights out of it. When I leaned on it…it performed well with a smooth, slightly firmer release of energy through impact (not a kick at all) – with a low launch, extremely low spin flight that either went straight or knuckled on me (ball flight at times was unpredictable). This shaft to me is ideal for the power player or someone who has spin issues. Otherwise it’s just a whole other level. I’d put this in the Veylix Roughneck, Pro White 80TX, KK Dual Core 70TX, etc arena.

As always, I’m here to help with questions or recommendations – I’ve hit just about everything out there so I’ll do my best to compare.
Cheers – Gio

Great feedback Gio, and spot on what we are seeing in testing. The Green is for sure the model that will fit the widest range of player. Black is awesome for the guy who fits in a Pro Orange or Kuro Kage DCXT type of player, and High Modulous TX Copper is really VERY close overall in feel and performance to V2 Orange.


Thom's data posted. I will get more blocks up this week along with feedback hopefully.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20170912_212320.jpg

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Joe's data.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20170916_195238.jpg

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

11

#42 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Do you guys want to see these compared to anything in particular? I sell a ton of them, but don't get a ton of questions. It's very odd. Usually it's the opposite. haha
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

12

#43 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

well, i'll bite -

I have tried these shafts against the new Even Flow Black and Blue -- and albeit i don't have trackman numbers to compare (they were hit at different times) - i can say this:

When comparing the even flow lineup to the Xtorsion TX lineup of shafts -- the Even Flow is a bit less stable and has a bit less feedback. The Xtorsion lineup has firmer feedback of sorts, and has an overall tighter feel. now, when it comes to dispersion, the two i found the most similar to each other were the black and the green, in fact, these two shafts performed almost identical for me (on course observations) but the green just wanted to go that much straighter. The black (when compared to green) launched a bit higher and was more of a shaping-prone shaft while the green was more a "hey, which side of the fairway do i want to choose" kind of straight...pick a 'middle' and it'll do it's job.

The black mamba and the copper however don't really compare to the even flow b/c they're different animals -- the copper is smooth with a kick, the black is just beast (low and ultra low).

on a scale of spin (highest to least): copper, even flow blue, even flow black, green, black mamba
on a feel scale (smooth to firm): even flow blue, copper, even flow black, green, black mamba
dispersion (widest to narrowest, based on on-course observations for my swing): black mamba, even flow blue, copper, even flow black, green

deepest drive so far is the even flow -- but the green has hit some bombs that've went where i wanted them. rather be in the short stuff.

Edited by gioguy21, 18 September 2017 - 02:27 PM.

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


13

#44 hwu1

hwu1

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168513
  • Joined: 03/09/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

well, i'll bite -

I have tried these shafts against the new Even Flow Black and Blue -- and albeit i don't have trackman numbers to compare (they were hit at different times) - i can say this:

When comparing the even flow lineup to the Xtorsion TX lineup of shafts -- the Even Flow is a bit less stable and has a bit less feedback. The Xtorsion lineup has firmer feedback of sorts, and has an overall tighter feel. now, when it comes to dispersion, the two i found the most similar to each other were the black and the green, in fact, these two shafts performed almost identical for me (on course observations) but the green just wanted to go that much straighter. The black (when compared to green) launched a bit higher and was more of a shaping-prone shaft while the green was more a "hey, which side of the fairway do i want to choose" kind of straight...pick a 'middle' and it'll do it's job.

The black mamba and the copper however don't really compare to the even flow b/c they're different animals -- the copper is smooth with a kick, the black is just beast (low and ultra low).

on a scale of spin (least to highest): copper, even flow blue, even flow black, green, black mamba
on a feel scale (smooth to firm): even flow blue, copper, even flow black, green, black mamba
dispersion (widest to narrowest, based on on-course observations for my swing): black mamba, even flow blue, copper, even flow black, green

deepest drive so far is the even flow -- but the green has hit some bombs that've went where i wanted them. rather be in the short stuff.

wait, the copper had the least spin and black mamba the highest?

14

#45 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

View Posthwu1, on 18 September 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

well, i'll bite -

I have tried these shafts against the new Even Flow Black and Blue -- and albeit i don't have trackman numbers to compare (they were hit at different times) - i can say this:

When comparing the even flow lineup to the Xtorsion TX lineup of shafts -- the Even Flow is a bit less stable and has a bit less feedback. The Xtorsion lineup has firmer feedback of sorts, and has an overall tighter feel. now, when it comes to dispersion, the two i found the most similar to each other were the black and the green, in fact, these two shafts performed almost identical for me (on course observations) but the green just wanted to go that much straighter. The black (when compared to green) launched a bit higher and was more of a shaping-prone shaft while the green was more a "hey, which side of the fairway do i want to choose" kind of straight...pick a 'middle' and it'll do it's job.

The black mamba and the copper however don't really compare to the even flow b/c they're different animals -- the copper is smooth with a kick, the black is just beast (low and ultra low).

on a scale of spin (least to highest): copper, even flow blue, even flow black, green, black mamba
on a feel scale (smooth to firm): even flow blue, copper, even flow black, green, black mamba
dispersion (widest to narrowest, based on on-course observations for my swing): black mamba, even flow blue, copper, even flow black, green

deepest drive so far is the even flow -- but the green has hit some bombs that've went where i wanted them. rather be in the short stuff.

wait, the copper had the least spin and black mamba the highest?
my bad. flip them. lol thanks for the correction! --- Fixed

Edited by gioguy21, 18 September 2017 - 02:27 PM.

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


15

#46 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.

Edited by Z1ggy16, 18 September 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Driver: M2
3w: XR16
Hybrid(3): JPX-850
Hybrid(4): 816H1
Irons: RBladez 5-PW
GW: MD2
SW: MD2
LW: MD2
Putter: O-works #1
Ball: '16 ProV1
Bag: Sun Mountain 2Five/Sun Mountain Sync
Shoe: Puma Biodrive

  

16

#47 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


17

#48 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.
Yeah I could probably use a little bit more stiffness in the tip area, maybe the Pro blue would be a better fit. I golf on a budget, so I'm usually a year or two behind on shaft offerings to save some $$.

I think the draw thing is a bit of shaft and also me. Pretty strong grip in general and my miss is always a low hook, so I know I'm coming into the ball with a shut face.

Edited by Z1ggy16, 18 September 2017 - 06:33 PM.

Driver: M2
3w: XR16
Hybrid(3): JPX-850
Hybrid(4): 816H1
Irons: RBladez 5-PW
GW: MD2
SW: MD2
LW: MD2
Putter: O-works #1
Ball: '16 ProV1
Bag: Sun Mountain 2Five/Sun Mountain Sync
Shoe: Puma Biodrive

  

18

#49 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.
Yeah I could probably use a little bit more stiffness in the tip area, maybe the Pro blue would be a better fit. I golf on a budget, so I'm usually a year or two behind on shaft offerings to save some $$.
The pro blue is a phenomenal fwy shaft for keeping the left out of play, and solid launch w low to mid spin

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


19

#50 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.

Agreed. Something a little tighter would be a good idea. For anyone who likes the Pro Blue but wants a little more firmness and a bit lower spin, Green Mamba is a great choice.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Longbomber10

Longbomber10

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482028
  • Joined: 09/16/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

Liked the black mamba in my m1 but when I switched to the 917 that for whatever reason hit so much better the mamba feels lifeless in there for some reason.
17 m1 460 TI 8.5 Accra tour z xtreme
Titleist 917 f3 13.5 hzrdus black 85 6.5
Titleist 816 h2 19 hzrdus black 105 6.5
Irons-718 ap2 modus 130 x
Vokey sm6 48,52,58 Modus 130/s400
DJ spider/buttonback Newport 2

21

#52 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:46 AM

View PostTollBros, on 18 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.

Agreed. Something a little tighter would be a good idea. For anyone who likes the Pro Blue but wants a little more firmness and a bit lower spin, Green Mamba is a great choice.

So the Green Mamba has the same profile/feel as the Pro Blue, just a little tighter tip section?

Edited by Peanut191, 19 September 2017 - 06:47 AM.

M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
915F 16.5 AD DI 8s
Titleist 915 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Titleist T-MB 4-W, Modus 120S
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

22

#53 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostLongbomber10, on 19 September 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Liked the black mamba in my m1 but when I switched to the 917 that for whatever reason hit so much better the mamba feels lifeless in there for some reason.
I had a similar experience

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


23

#54 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostPeanut191, on 19 September 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 18 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.

Agreed. Something a little tighter would be a good idea. For anyone who likes the Pro Blue but wants a little more firmness and a bit lower spin, Green Mamba is a great choice.

So the Green Mamba has the same profile/feel as the Pro Blue, just a little tighter tip section?
Sounds like it.
Driver: M2
3w: XR16
Hybrid(3): JPX-850
Hybrid(4): 816H1
Irons: RBladez 5-PW
GW: MD2
SW: MD2
LW: MD2
Putter: O-works #1
Ball: '16 ProV1
Bag: Sun Mountain 2Five/Sun Mountain Sync
Shoe: Puma Biodrive

  

24

#55 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostPeanut191, on 19 September 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 18 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.

Agreed. Something a little tighter would be a good idea. For anyone who likes the Pro Blue but wants a little more firmness and a bit lower spin, Green Mamba is a great choice.

So the Green Mamba has the same profile/feel as the Pro Blue, just a little tighter tip section?
it's a firmer feedback than the pro blue -- and IMO doesn't spin as much as the pro blue.

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


25

#56 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 19 September 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

View PostPeanut191, on 19 September 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 18 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 18 September 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looking forward to you posting the guy(s) in that 105-108 speed area. Sounds like if I can keep my speed nearing the 110 next year I could maybe fit into the green or copper. Absolutely love my Tensei Blue's but I struggle with the over draw from time to time. Probably me more than the shaft, but that big a** kick probably isn't helping a ton. Best feel though out of any shaft I've had thus far.
if you struggle with draws - go with shafts that have a stiffer tip and lower torque. less draw prone than others. obviously path has a lot to do with it but, those shafts help negate some of the right->left.

Agreed. Something a little tighter would be a good idea. For anyone who likes the Pro Blue but wants a little more firmness and a bit lower spin, Green Mamba is a great choice.

So the Green Mamba has the same profile/feel as the Pro Blue, just a little tighter tip section?
it's a firmer feedback than the pro blue -- and IMO doesn't spin as much as the pro blue.

I'd say that's accurate. A Pro Blue guy looking for something with a similar feel and lower spin would go with Green Mamba. It's slightly tighter, but not alarmingly so. I get asked all the time if there is something with the feel of Pro Blue but lower spin. Green Mamba is as close as it gets.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

26

#57 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Ok fellas - i took the Even Flow Black against the X Torsion Green today after work on the flightscope. I have been favoring a sore right trap/neck for a little bit so, my clubhead speed isn't what it normally is. I have to say, I'll be looking for a G400 LST in higher loft to trade for my G400 (non-LST) 9.0 in order to adequately get my launch angle at the right place. I hit a series of 20 shots with each shaft, swapping out every 5 balls. I then took the highs and lows out, and rid of the 3 outliers that were due to crappier range balls (one knuckled with no dimples, the other two just fell out of the sky).

PLEASE note to pay attention to the carry, not necessarily the roll-out/total since the flightscope figured i was on a hard surface (realized this after a few shots and just figured i'd leave it as a constant in this test). Otherwise the majority of the numbers are pretty consistent -- happy to say.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know - Cheers

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 7.44.24 PM.png

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


27

#58 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1772

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Great info Gio. It goes to show how low spin Green is. I think a lot of guys confuse it for a mid spin shaft but it's not. It is still low spin while still being manageable.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

28

#59 bdubs3316

bdubs3316

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307833
  • Joined: 04/10/2014
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:bdubs3316
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 19 September 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Ok fellas - i took the Even Flow Black against the X Torsion Green today after work on the flightscope. I have been favoring a sore right trap/neck for a little bit so, my clubhead speed isn't what it normally is. I have to say, I'll be looking for a G400 LST in higher loft to trade for my G400 (non-LST) 9.0 in order to adequately get my launch angle at the right place. I hit a series of 20 shots with each shaft, swapping out every 5 balls. I then took the highs and lows out, and rid of the 3 outliers that were due to crappier range balls (one knuckled with no dimples, the other two just fell out of the sky).

PLEASE note to pay attention to the carry, not necessarily the roll-out/total since the flightscope figured i was on a hard surface (realized this after a few shots and just figured i'd leave it as a constant in this test). Otherwise the majority of the numbers are pretty consistent -- happy to say.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know - Cheers

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 7.44.24 PM.png

When did you start hitting a draw?!?!
Driver
Tour Issue TM M1 440 9.5 Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX
Ping G400 8.5 LST w/ Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Fairway wood
Cobra F7 3/4 13* w/ Project X 8AA4
Irons
Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron w/ Project X HA1
Titleist 716 TMB 4 iron w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Titleist 716 TMB 5 iron w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Nike Forged Blades 6-PW w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Wedges
Vokey SM6 50F black, Vokey 55* V grind oil can, Vokey SM6 60L black w/ KBS 610 125
Putter
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 35"
Ball
TaylorMade TP5x

29

#60 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2545

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

View Postbdubs3316, on 20 September 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 19 September 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Ok fellas - i took the Even Flow Black against the X Torsion Green today after work on the flightscope. I have been favoring a sore right trap/neck for a little bit so, my clubhead speed isn't what it normally is. I have to say, I'll be looking for a G400 LST in higher loft to trade for my G400 (non-LST) 9.0 in order to adequately get my launch angle at the right place. I hit a series of 20 shots with each shaft, swapping out every 5 balls. I then took the highs and lows out, and rid of the 3 outliers that were due to crappier range balls (one knuckled with no dimples, the other two just fell out of the sky).

PLEASE note to pay attention to the carry, not necessarily the roll-out/total since the flightscope figured i was on a hard surface (realized this after a few shots and just figured i'd leave it as a constant in this test). Otherwise the majority of the numbers are pretty consistent -- happy to say.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know - Cheers

Attachment Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 7.44.24 PM.png

When did you start hitting a draw?!?!
My shoulder has been bothering me. Ie dropping my right shoulder a touch more. Lol plus lead tape?

G400 9* / Synergy PROTO 65TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors