Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

True Linkswear Original and Outsiders?

71 replies to this topic

#61 jwasacz

jwasacz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75553
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Really would like to try these but fear I will be stuck between sizes. I have had some models in size 12 from True that didnt fit and tried a 13 in others and they were boats.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 MrMileHigh

MrMileHigh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132071
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

View Postjwasacz, on 24 September 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Really would like to try these but fear I will be stuck between sizes. I have had some models in size 12 from True that didnt fit and tried a 13 in others and they were boats.

They have the 30-day trial guarantee now and if you don’t play them, only try them on, they cover shipping both ways for an exchange. If you do play them and they don’t work out then you pay shipping.

#63 KMD

KMD

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117578
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

What's the early concensus on these?  Worth the cost?  Comperable to the first few generations of True?
TaylorMade M1 440 @ 10.5* / Tensei Blue 70X
Callaway BBA 816 FW @ 16*  / Speeder 757X
Ping i200 3-iron / DG S300
Mizuno MP-5 4-PW / DG S300
Callaway MD3 50*, 54*, & 58* (PM grind) / DG S300
Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone B330S

#64 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostKMD, on 03 October 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

What's the early concensus on these?  Worth the cost?  Comperable to the first few generations of True?

I can only speak to this release as I've never worn this brand in the past. However, after two rounds... totally surprised by how much grip the originals have. Felt like I was wearing spikes with how well my foot kept grounded. I think how low you stand off the ground helps in these. Reminded me of how well the TW15 feel. Like they sink into the turf just a touch for grip.

These things also stayed incredibly well tied through the round. They are comfortable.

The fit is a little wide tho. I feel like if I wear I second layer of sock it would fit snug like I want it to. Great shoe and worth the cost. We'll see how they last over time.

#65 endurancechiro

endurancechiro

The man with the Iron Thumbs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189796
  • Handicap:~15
  • Ebay ID:chirotennis
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

View PostMillerLowLife, on 03 October 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

I can only speak to this release as I've never worn this brand in the past. However, after two rounds... totally surprised by how much grip the originals have. Felt like I was wearing spikes with how well my foot kept grounded. I think how low you stand off the ground helps in these. Reminded me of how well the TW15 feel. Like they sink into the turf just a touch for grip.

These things also stayed incredibly well tied through the round. They are comfortable.

The fit is a little wide tho. I feel like if I wear I second layer of sock it would fit snug like I want it to. Great shoe and worth the cost. We'll see how they last over time.
That width comment you made is incredibly common for first time True wearers.  They are designed with a generous toe box to allow for the natural foot and toe splaying.  This give you better balance, and distributes the weight through your foot like you are barefoot.  You get used to it quickly, and honestly I hate to wear anything without this kind of toe box now.  Was a long time vibram fan, and Altra shoes have become my go to for daily wear.

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB  Link

#66 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

View Postendurancechiro, on 04 October 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

View PostMillerLowLife, on 03 October 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

That width comment you made is incredibly common for first time True wearers.  They are designed with a generous toe box to allow for the natural foot and toe splaying.  This give you better balance, and distributes the weight through your foot like you are barefoot.  You get used to it quickly, and honestly I hate to wear anything without this kind of toe box now.  Was a long time vibram fan, and Altra shoes have become my go to for daily wear.

Good to know!! I thought it was weird with how perfect they fit, yet it felt like I had all that room on the sides of my toe. Because heel to toe was fine.

I really like the shoe and the look. Fingers crossed I can keep them white for a long time.

#67 MrMileHigh

MrMileHigh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

I ordered a pair of the Originals and Outsiders.  I haven't had a chance to play in them yet but have worn them around the house.  I actually prefer the feel of the Originals as they feel very similar to the great True shoes of the past but I also like the Outsiders for days where I'm walking 18 or 36 as they have more cushioning.  I'll try to post some in hand pics later this week.

#68 Mikolar

Mikolar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Just got mine and walked 18 in the outsider three days ago.  These were the first shoes I've ad with the built in fabric but the shoes were wonderfully comfortable.  I went with a size 12 and probably needed a 12.5 but they were much more comfortable that the ecco bioms I wore the next day.  I thought that for the price, they were easily better shoes than others I've tried.

#69 MrMileHigh

MrMileHigh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostMikolar, on 04 October 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Just got mine and walked 18 in the outsider three days ago.  These were the first shoes I've ad with the built in fabric but the shoes were wonderfully comfortable.  I went with a size 12 and probably needed a 12.5 but they were much more comfortable that the ecco bioms I wore the next day.  I thought that for the price, they were easily better shoes than others I've tried.

Did you get the Originals or the Outsiders?  I'm an 11.5 in most shoes but had to size down to an 11 in the Originals because the 11.5 were just too wide in the toe.  I found that the slightly smaller size works really well because my foot stays in place and the extra toe box room in Trues allows my foot to spread out instead of trying to jam into the end of the shoe like most other shoes..

#70 Mikolar

Mikolar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Got the Outsiders.  In looking at the originals on the website, I may get a pair of those as well.  The shoes have always fit my feet well.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 KMD

KMD

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117578
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

I pulled the trigger on a pair of the Originals (got the grey and navy colorway) and wore them to the range this evening. I must say that True knocked it out of the park assuming that the quality stands up like the first couple of generations.  True, in my opinion, made the perfect shoe for those who loved the real originals.  The only things that I did not like about the first generations was the odd "clown shoe" look and the padding around the heel/ankle. The new Originals have a wide toe box with no "clown shoe" look and the sock liner type of heel/ankle support is absolutely perfect.  Also, the grey/navy colorway looks great with both pants and shorts.  My fingers are crossed hoping that they stand up to the wet/himid mornings here in the south.
TaylorMade M1 440 @ 10.5* / Tensei Blue 70X
Callaway BBA 816 FW @ 16*  / Speeder 757X
Ping i200 3-iron / DG S300
Mizuno MP-5 4-PW / DG S300
Callaway MD3 50*, 54*, & 58* (PM grind) / DG S300
Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone B330S

#72 MrMileHigh

MrMileHigh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

I've now worn the Outsiders and Originals on both occasions and I am really happy with both.  These are definitely the best shoes True has come out with in a long time.  The Outsiders definitely have more cushioning but that's not to say the Originals are bare bones.  I think I'm preferring the Originals for most use but the Outsiders will be great when I'm walking 36.  I could see wearing the Originals for a morning 18 and then switching to the Outsiders for the afternoon 18 just to have a little bit more cushioning when my legs are tired.  I'm also really impressed with the grip.  The Originals give you great ground feel and the soles really stick to the turf.  The materials are also really great and I'm looking forward to seeing how they wear over time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors