Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

True Linkswear Original and Outsiders?


195 replies to this topic

#181 Tate

Tate

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118622
  • Joined: 12/08/2010
  • Location:Lubbock TX
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

The Outsiders will be $100. They havenít released a price for the OG Premium.

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#182 jqsmooth

jqsmooth

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124235
  • Joined: 03/10/2011
  • Handicap:7.0
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:13 PM

They have BF event and I ordered the "mystery box".  Can't wait to see what it comes with.  I really want to try the originals.  I hope the good people at TL are mindreaders...
Driver: Ping i20 8.5* Diamana Whiteboard 73x Stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard  Stiff
Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno JPX 350 Forged 50* GW
   Cleveland 54* SW
   Titleist SM4 60* M grind LW
Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9

2

#183 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Joined: 06/14/2016
  • Location:SLC, UT
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

I ordered a pair of outsiders and a mystery box. Looking forward to trying the outsiders. I love my pair of originals and hope the mystery box has a pair. I decided to hold off on ordered a pair of the OG Premium as it wasn't a deal but will most likely buy a pair next year. Can't get enough of these shoes.

3

#184 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Joined: 06/14/2016
  • Location:SLC, UT
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

I received my order and super happy with the Black Friday purchase.

Mystery box include a pair of originals, hat that fits great, t shirt, and a giant towel. 10/10 would purchase again.

Outsiders look amazing and really glad I finally tried them out.

Really love this company and keeping their line up simple and effective.
IMG_1543537971.388383.jpg
IMG_1543537981.856092.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_1543537942.170473.jpg


4

#185 Nixonride

Nixonride

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512094
  • Joined: 09/08/2018
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

 MillerLowLife, on 29 November 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

I received my order and super happy with the Black Friday purchase.

Mystery box include a pair of originals, hat that fits great, t shirt, and a giant towel. 10/10 would purchase again.

Outsiders look amazing and really glad I finally tried them out.

Really love this company and keeping their line up simple and effective.
IMG_1543537971.388383.jpg
IMG_1543537981.856092.jpg

I got the same stuff in my box.  Not gonna lie I was a little disappointed that it didnít meet the $250 min that they advertised.  All in all still a good deal but 3 $29 dollar items and a $149 shoes donít quite add up.  Still great stuff, so not upset.  Looks like most will end up getting similar stuff.

Edited by Nixonride, 29 November 2018 - 09:07 PM.


5

#186 NC IA Hacker

NC IA Hacker

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415390
  • Joined: 03/12/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jasche84
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:36 AM

Bummed I didn't buy one, great looking collection!

6

#187 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Joined: 06/14/2016
  • Location:SLC, UT
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

 Nixonride, on 29 November 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

 MillerLowLife, on 29 November 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

I received my order and super happy with the Black Friday purchase.

Mystery box include a pair of originals, hat that fits great, t shirt, and a giant towel. 10/10 would purchase again.

Outsiders look amazing and really glad I finally tried them out.

Really love this company and keeping their line up simple and effective.
IMG_1543537971.388383.jpg
IMG_1543537981.856092.jpg

I got the same stuff in my box.  Not gonna lie I was a little disappointed that it didn't meet the $250 min that they advertised.  All in all still a good deal but 3 $29 dollar items and a $149 shoes don't quite add up.  Still great stuff, so not upset.  Looks like most will end up getting similar stuff.

I totally see your point. I was just hoping for a pair of originals so everything else seemed extra to me. Had the t shirt or hat not fit or be a bad design, I would be really disappointed.

7

#188 Nixonride

Nixonride

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512094
  • Joined: 09/08/2018
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

Yeah I kinda feel the same way...funny I got the exact same shoes, color and all...same towel and hat....only difference was the shirt...lol.

8

#189 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Joined: 06/14/2016
  • Location:SLC, UT
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:24 PM

 Nixonride, on 30 November 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yeah I kinda feel the same way...funny I got the exact same shoes, color and all...same towel and hat....only difference was the shirt...lol.

Seems like it might of been a "package" as the thank you card stated what the package I got in the mystery box was. So maybe they had certain set mystery boxes and we happen to get the same. I was thinking about ordering the green pair of originals too.

9

#190 jqsmooth

jqsmooth

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124235
  • Joined: 03/10/2011
  • Handicap:7.0
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:16 AM

tl.jpg

I got home from bz trip to open the mystery box.  Got a pair of the originals and a pair of the outsiders.  They fit differently.  The originals feel more secure at the heel as they are higher.  The toe area is a little roomy.  The sole is thin and feet feel low to the ground.  The outsiders feel more snug everywhere.  The sole is meatier and looks like have more cushion.  Only way to find out which one is better is out on the course.  I have a feeling I'll like the Originals better.  Got the same colors as the other guys.  Weird!

Driver: Ping i20 8.5* Diamana Whiteboard 73x Stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard  Stiff
Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno JPX 350 Forged 50* GW
   Cleveland 54* SW
   Titleist SM4 60* M grind LW
Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#191 1992joeshmoe

1992joeshmoe

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458292
  • Joined: 03/10/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

Anyone have any Promo codes they're willing to share?

11

#192 NC IA Hacker

NC IA Hacker

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415390
  • Joined: 03/12/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jasche84
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

View Postjqsmooth, on 08 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Attachment tl.jpg

I got home from bz trip to open the mystery box.  Got a pair of the originals and a pair of the outsiders.  They fit differently.  The originals feel more secure at the heel as they are higher.  The toe area is a little roomy.  The sole is thin and feet feel low to the ground.  The outsiders feel more snug everywhere.  The sole is meatier and looks like have more cushion.  Only way to find out which one is better is out on the course.  I have a feeling I'll like the Originals better.  Got the same colors as the other guys.  Weird!

Interested in your take on the Outsiders. I love my originals, but wondering if I would need to go a half size up in the Outsiders.  Fwiw...the Originals have been fantastic thus far and not leaked at all during wet rounds.

12

#193 johntchow

johntchow

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 511058
  • Joined: 08/27/2018
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Ebay ID:itdude247
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostNC IA Hacker, on 13 January 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

View Postjqsmooth, on 08 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Attachment tl.jpg

I got home from bz trip to open the mystery box.  Got a pair of the originals and a pair of the outsiders.  They fit differently.  The originals feel more secure at the heel as they are higher.  The toe area is a little roomy.  The sole is thin and feet feel low to the ground.  The outsiders feel more snug everywhere.  The sole is meatier and looks like have more cushion.  Only way to find out which one is better is out on the course.  I have a feeling I'll like the Originals better.  Got the same colors as the other guys.  Weird!

Interested in your take on the Outsiders. I love my originals, but wondering if I would need to go a half size up in the Outsiders.  Fwiw...the Originals have been fantastic thus far and not leaked at all during wet rounds.

i ordered a pair of originals and outsiders last week, both in size 9.5 because i had read that for originals to size down .5 size from Nike and Adidas.

well, the originals at 9.5 are a bit snug but seem to be the better fit because i think if i go .5 size up, then it will be too wide. i have that issue with the FJ pro/sl

the outsiders at 9.5 are definitely way too small, so i have sent those back to exchange for a size 10.

my sense though is that i will prefer the originals on the course over the outsiders but the outsiders have more cushion so i could see them being used for more everyday wear. like if i go on vacation and dont want to bring a pair of shoes just for golf.

so id say you should definitely consider sizing .5 size up in outsiders but then again, i havent taken the originals on the course yet and im still waiting for my size 10 to come in the outsiders.

13

#194 MillerLowLife

MillerLowLife

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429114
  • Joined: 06/14/2016
  • Location:SLC, UT
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

View Postjohntchow, on 14 January 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostNC IA Hacker, on 13 January 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

View Postjqsmooth, on 08 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Attachment tl.jpg

I got home from bz trip to open the mystery box.  Got a pair of the originals and a pair of the outsiders.  They fit differently.  The originals feel more secure at the heel as they are higher.  The toe area is a little roomy.  The sole is thin and feet feel low to the ground.  The outsiders feel more snug everywhere.  The sole is meatier and looks like have more cushion.  Only way to find out which one is better is out on the course.  I have a feeling I'll like the Originals better.  Got the same colors as the other guys.  Weird!

Interested in your take on the Outsiders. I love my originals, but wondering if I would need to go a half size up in the Outsiders.  Fwiw...the Originals have been fantastic thus far and not leaked at all during wet rounds.

i ordered a pair of originals and outsiders last week, both in size 9.5 because i had read that for originals to size down .5 size from Nike and Adidas.

well, the originals at 9.5 are a bit snug but seem to be the better fit because i think if i go .5 size up, then it will be too wide. i have that issue with the FJ pro/sl

the outsiders at 9.5 are definitely way too small, so i have sent those back to exchange for a size 10.

my sense though is that i will prefer the originals on the course over the outsiders but the outsiders have more cushion so i could see them being used for more everyday wear. like if i go on vacation and dont want to bring a pair of shoes just for golf.

so id say you should definitely consider sizing .5 size up in outsiders but then again, i havent taken the originals on the course yet and im still waiting for my size 10 to come in the outsiders.

I had the same thought buying the originals last year but I believe the wide toe area is for your foot being able to press out for better footing. You're suppose to feel like you're not wearing shoes. The zero drop shoe. I didn't size down for them and glad I didn't. Probably why the outsiders are too small.

14

#195 jqsmooth

jqsmooth

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124235
  • Joined: 03/10/2011
  • Handicap:7.0
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostNC IA Hacker, on 13 January 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

View Postjqsmooth, on 08 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Attachment tl.jpg

I got home from bz trip to open the mystery box.  Got a pair of the originals and a pair of the outsiders.  They fit differently.  The originals feel more secure at the heel as they are higher.  The toe area is a little roomy.  The sole is thin and feet feel low to the ground.  The outsiders feel more snug everywhere.  The sole is meatier and looks like have more cushion.  Only way to find out which one is better is out on the course.  I have a feeling I'll like the Originals better.  Got the same colors as the other guys.  Weird!

Interested in your take on the Outsiders. I love my originals, but wondering if I would need to go a half size up in the Outsiders.  Fwiw...the Originals have been fantastic thus far and not leaked at all during wet rounds.

Sorry for the late reply.  I haven't had the chance to try out these bad boys.  Will report back once I've walked a round in both shoes.

Edited by jqsmooth, 16 January 2019 - 10:50 AM.

Driver: Ping i20 8.5* Diamana Whiteboard 73x Stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard  Stiff
Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno JPX 350 Forged 50* GW
   Cleveland 54* SW
   Titleist SM4 60* M grind LW
Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9

15

#196 johntchow

johntchow

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 511058
  • Joined: 08/27/2018
  • Location:Irvine, CA
  • Ebay ID:itdude247
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted Yesterday, 03:03 PM

just received my outsiders in size 10 and definitely the way to go. normally size 10 in nike and adidas

for me, size .5 down for originals and true to size for outsiders

oddly enough now that they are sized correctly, the dont feel as cushionny as the ones that were 9.5.

16



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors