Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What golf trips do you have coming up?


307 replies to this topic

#121 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

View Postdearth12, on 22 January 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Heading down to Alabama to play the RTJ Trail the first week of April.  There will be 4 of us going and we are playing the following courses:


Day 1:
18 on the Fighting Joe course at The Shoals

Day 2:
36 at Ross Bridge

Day 3:
36 at Farmlinks

Day 4:
18 on the Links at Grand National
18 on the Lake at Grand National

Day 5:
18 on The Judge at Capitol Hill
18 on The Senator or Legislator at Capitol Hill


Spring can't come soon enough!!

Nice trip, did it a few years ago.  Farmlinks is great, Ross Bridge was great... Judge I thought was "okay".  Wish we would of went to Grand National instead.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#122 Chanceman

Chanceman

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403162
  • Joined: 11/17/2015
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:19
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Going to Scottsdale in November:
Talking Stick
Grayhawk
We Ko Pa
Troon Monument
TPC Stadium
Quintero
Ak Chin Southern Dunes
Mountain Shadow
and maybe Raven, Wigwam Gold, Wickenburg or Camelback,

2

#123 Pollie017

Pollie017

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468962
  • Joined: 05/24/2017
  • Location:South Bend, IN
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

I just got back from Orlando.  I love going to Orlando because there’s so many courses to choose from, so many dining options, and great lodging options.

Orange County National has to be on everyone’s must play.  We didn’t have a chance to use the range (played 36 and had the first slot out on Crooked Cat in the AM).  I’d play CC over PL everyday of the week.  There were a few holes on the front of PL that seemed out of place and kind of crammed in.  

I love Celebration.  It was in great shape.  I can’t stand their range but the conditions and lay out are both fun and challenging.

Grand Cypress receives an F.  Played S/E in the AM and was supposed to play the New at 1:10pm.  We finished the first round in 3.75 hours.  The course was ok. Conditions were good but without GPS or any course knowledge, there are a ton of “where am I supposed to hit this” shots.  We check in for the New course and they are running 65 minutes behind.  There was no way we would have finished and I was not happy.  How do you run 65 minutes behind?  The length of rounds on the New course is always an issue.  I’ve never played in less than 5 hours and it’s one of the easiest courses you can play (but one of the most fun courses you can play).  GC is way too accommodating with groups that drastically effect everyone else.  We ended up playing N/S which is hands down the best option of the other courses they have.  The North was my favorite and had less blind shots than the others.  

90 holes in 3 days and we cancelled Shingle Creek.  We were dead.  I’m not sure if it was the golf or the booze.

3

#124 dearth12

dearth12

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74055
  • Joined: 01/29/2009
  • Location:Dayton, Ohio
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:Dearth3259
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostArgonne69, on 22 January 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Any reason you're not planning to play Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham? I'll be there the week before you. I've played Ross Bridge, but not Oxmoor.



We were able to grab 36 at Ross Bridge for the special Easter rate and felt like replaying that course would be better than playing 18 at Ross Bridge and 18 at Oxmoor Valley.  We were set on the other locations as well.
Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Titleist 718-TMB 2 iron 17* w/ Project X- LZ- 6.5
Taylormade M3 4 hybrid w/ Pro Force V2-X
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW w/ KBS C-Taper X
Mizuno T7 50*, 55*, 60* w/ KBS C-Taper X (soft stepped once)
Taylormade Spider Tour (Black) w/ Flat Cat Tak Svelte grip

4

#125 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6611

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Just got back from a week in Phoenix. Ours was more of a budget trip so we didn’t hit any of the real big Scottsdale courses. But the grass was still green and the temps in the 70’s. Even the worst course looked a lot better than our snow covered ones at home.

And we made it back through Denver just before the nasty winter storm hit.

Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

5

#126 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 20497

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostChanceman, on 22 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Going to Scottsdale in November:
Talking Stick
Grayhawk
We Ko Pa
Troon Monument
TPC Stadium
Quintero
Ak Chin Southern Dunes
Mountain Shadow
and maybe Raven, Wigwam Gold, Wickenburg or Camelback,

Talking Stick North (O'odham) or South (Piipaash)? I played the Piipaash course two weeks ago, and was completely underwhelmed.

Wickenburg and Quintero are a bit of a drive from the Scottsdale area. It would be best to combine the two on a single day, but you'd have to hit the road very early in the morning.

6

#127 AMM315

AMM315

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417662
  • Joined: 03/28/2016
  • Location:Vienna, VA
  • Ebay ID:amichael03
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

Streamsong end of April, Pinehurst in June, round at Kiawah here and there, and Scottsdale in Oct. Best year of trips in awhile!

7

#128 krzeczowskimatt

krzeczowskimatt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470786
  • Joined: 06/09/2017
  • Location:Chicago, IL
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

Just got our Memorial Day weekend trip planned and finalized for Greenvillie and Aiken/Augusta!
Thursday- Keowee Vineyards
Friday- Sage Valley
Saturday- Palmetto 36 holes
Sunday- Champions Retreat 27 holes
Monday- Thornblade Club

I have played a few of these courses not all. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the lineup or trip?
Thanks

8

#129 portland

portland

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40550
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
  • Location:Raleigh, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

Streamsong next week, Bandon Dunes the first week of April, Sand Valley in August

Feel like a kid at Christmas

Edited by portland, 23 January 2018 - 08:42 PM.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Nike RZN Platinum/Titleist AVX

9

#130 AuldPLO Swiss Golftrotter

AuldPLO Swiss Golftrotter

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482150
  • Joined: 09/18/2017
  • Location:Geneva - Switzerland
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 231

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:24 AM

I just secured following trips :
March : Weekend with my wife in Spain, rounds booked at Real Sotogrande and Finca Cortesin (both Continental Europe Top 50)
March : Family trip to Edinburgh, one round booked at North Berwick (World Top 50)
July : Family vacation in Greece, back for two weeks at the stunning Westin Costa Navarino Resort, owning two beautiful courses which I played last year.

To be confirmed :
June : Two rounds tournament at Les Bordes (France), one of the most exclusive club in Europe (Continental Europe Top 20)
June or August : Trip with buddies in Denmark and Sweden (6 rounds on 6 different courses - all Continental Europe Top 100)
December : Family vacation in Phuket, Thailand. Should likely manage about 5-7 rounds.

I could be a very exciting season if everything is confirmed !

Edited by AuldPLO Swiss Golftrotter, 26 January 2018 - 03:40 AM.

From the breathtaking cliffs of Cape Kidnappers in New Zealand to the idyllic coastal scenery of Mauritius, from the desolate landscapes of Wolf Creek in the US to the legend of St Andrews in Scotland, find my golfing and photographic journey through twenty countries on all continents :

Instagram golf gallery : @auld_plo_golftrotter
Flikr golf gallery : http://tinyurl.com/Auldplogolftrotter (by course - newest first)
Flikr golf gallery : http://tinyurl.com/a...plogolftrotter2 (by country)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#131 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

View Postportland, on 23 January 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

Streamsong next week, Bandon Dunes the first week of April, Sand Valley in August

Feel like a kid at Christmas

Replace Streamsong with CABOT and you have a perfect setup  :yes:

11

#132 MJD80

MJD80

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379688
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Melbourne
  • Handicap:15.4
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

After a month playing golf in the UK last year, this year is going to be a quiet one.

Two trips to Barnbougle - one in April with the GF, one in November with the boys.
Sydney trip to play NSW in March.

12

#133 clos8

clos8

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469968
  • Joined: 06/01/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Im heading to the yucatan peninsula. Super excited as its my first real golf trip.

13

#134 shanempowell

shanempowell

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238791
  • Joined: 03/17/2013
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Just arranged Cabot for the end of May.  These will be the most spectacular courses Iíve ever played so I am looking forward to it more than the usual trip.

Four months away and I am already counting the days until departure.

Good golf or bad it will be a trip for the ages.

14

#135 ceejay81

ceejay81

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:Washington, DC
GolfWRX Likes : 1007

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

My friend and I got a ticket to the Monday practice round at the Masters, so we are making a little golf trip out of it.  Walking the grounds of Augusta is definitely a bucket list item for me.  So is playing at Pinehurst.

We are staying down in Pinehurst (not on the grounds) on 3/31 and will try to play a round on one of the PH courses that afternoon.  On Easter Sunday 4/1, we have a morning tee time at Tobacco Road and then we want to play another PH round in the afternoon.  Since it's Easter weekend, we're hopeful that we can get on #2.  If not, hopefully we can play a couple rounds on 7/8/9.  I'll call 5 days out to see what I can find out.  If we strike out there, then Dormie Club and Pine Needles will be on the short list.

We're staying in Columbia, SC on 4/1 and 4/2, and will head back home on 4/3.  It's also final 4 weekend so there will be no shortage of fun on Saturday night and Monday night.  So pumped for this trip!


15

#136 krzeczowskimatt

krzeczowskimatt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470786
  • Joined: 06/09/2017
  • Location:Chicago, IL
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

View Postceejay81, on 31 January 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

My friend and I got a ticket to the Monday practice round at the Masters, so we are making a little golf trip out of it.  Walking the grounds of Augusta is definitely a bucket list item for me.  So is playing at Pinehurst.

We are staying down in Pinehurst (not on the grounds) on 3/31 and will try to play a round on one of the PH courses that afternoon.  On Easter Sunday 4/1, we have a morning tee time at Tobacco Road and then we want to play another PH round in the afternoon.  Since it's Easter weekend, we're hopeful that we can get on #2.  If not, hopefully we can play a couple rounds on 7/8/9.  I'll call 5 days out to see what I can find out.  If we strike out there, then Dormie Club and Pine Needles will be on the short list.

We're staying in Columbia, SC on 4/1 and 4/2, and will head back home on 4/3.  It's also final 4 weekend so there will be no shortage of fun on Saturday night and Monday night.  So pumped for this trip!

I am doing something similar that weekend as i have a badge for Monday as well but we will be staying much closer to Augusta. Just and FYI It is a Hike from Pinehurst to Augusta and even from Pinehurst to Columbia is like 2 and a half hours you may want to look into somewhere closer to the Augusta area like Aiken. Just food for thought. Enjoy your trip I have done the Pinehurst area 3 times Dormie, Mid Pines, T-Road there all great!

16

#137 ceejay81

ceejay81

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:Washington, DC
GolfWRX Likes : 1007

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

View Postkrzeczowskimatt, on 31 January 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

View Postceejay81, on 31 January 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

My friend and I got a ticket to the Monday practice round at the Masters, so we are making a little golf trip out of it.  Walking the grounds of Augusta is definitely a bucket list item for me.  So is playing at Pinehurst.

We are staying down in Pinehurst (not on the grounds) on 3/31 and will try to play a round on one of the PH courses that afternoon.  On Easter Sunday 4/1, we have a morning tee time at Tobacco Road and then we want to play another PH round in the afternoon.  Since it's Easter weekend, we're hopeful that we can get on #2.  If not, hopefully we can play a couple rounds on 7/8/9.  I'll call 5 days out to see what I can find out.  If we strike out there, then Dormie Club and Pine Needles will be on the short list.

We're staying in Columbia, SC on 4/1 and 4/2, and will head back home on 4/3.  It's also final 4 weekend so there will be no shortage of fun on Saturday night and Monday night.  So pumped for this trip!

I am doing something similar that weekend as i have a badge for Monday as well but we will be staying much closer to Augusta. Just and FYI It is a Hike from Pinehurst to Augusta and even from Pinehurst to Columbia is like 2 and a half hours you may want to look into somewhere closer to the Augusta area like Aiken. Just food for thought. Enjoy your trip I have done the Pinehurst area 3 times Dormie, Mid Pines, T-Road there all great!

Thanks!  It's going to be a blast.  We were looking around different locations like Aiken and Lexington, but Columbia seemed to be the best spot for us.  We just have the one night in PH and will head to Columbia after playing 36 on Sunday. The 75 mile commute at o-dark-thirty on Monday morning should be a breeze!  I'll be taking all of the pictures possible once inside the gates at Augusta.

17

#138 henniga

henniga

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490162
  • Joined: 01/04/2018
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Couldn't be more excited for Ireland in August.  Playing Old Head, Ballybunion, Waterville, Dooks, Tralee, Doonbeg and Lahinch.  Did Northern Ireland 5 years ago.

18

#139 sabram

sabram

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

February - Tucson/Phoenix/Scottsdale
March - Myrtle Beach
April - The Greenbrier
May - Rhode Island
Early August - Northern Minnesota
Late August - Cape Bretton Island, Nova Scotia

19

#140 Wooderson

Wooderson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5371
  • Joined: 08/22/2005
  • Location:Alma, AR
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 836

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

Think I'll go to Branson.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
Ping G30 14.5° TFC 419F Stiff
Callaway GBB 18° Diamana Ka'li Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21° Rogue Black Stiff
Titleist 818 H1 25° Tensei Pro White Stiff
Ping i200 6-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland CBX 50/55° DG 115 Stiff
Ping Eye2 LW
Piretti Potenza II

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#141 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

 Wooderson, on 31 January 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Think I'll go to Branson.

Did that last year, some really good golf in the area and Table Rock Lake is pretty nice.

21

#142 Wooderson

Wooderson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5371
  • Joined: 08/22/2005
  • Location:Alma, AR
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 836

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

 Chile Dip Master, on 31 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

 Wooderson, on 31 January 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Think I'll go to Branson.

Did that last year, some really good golf in the area and Table Rock Lake is pretty nice.

I've been wanting to play Buffalo Ridge for many years.  Also, curious how the Crenshaw course is coming.  Time to start planning this.
Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
Ping G30 14.5° TFC 419F Stiff
Callaway GBB 18° Diamana Ka'li Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21° Rogue Black Stiff
Titleist 818 H1 25° Tensei Pro White Stiff
Ping i200 6-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland CBX 50/55° DG 115 Stiff
Ping Eye2 LW
Piretti Potenza II

22

#143 doglegs

doglegs

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 298766
  • Joined: 02/25/2014
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Edinburgh/St Andrews in August.  So far I've booked the following but have a couple extra days to throw in another course or two.

North Berwick
Gleneagles King Course
Carnoustie
Jubilee
Old Course
Kingsbarn

23

#144 davep043

davep043

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489076
  • Joined: 12/20/2017
  • Location:Reston, VA, and Southern Pines, NC
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 863

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Now I'm back from Palm Springs my next junket is Scotland in June.  Staying across the street from Prestwick, and playing Dundonald, Prestwick, Gailes, and Western Gailes.  Then moving to Aberfeldy and playing North Berwick, Gullane 2, the Glen, and Dunbar.  Apparently we're high on the list of alternates to play Muirfield.  This will be my third golf trip to Scotland, and we're visiting unknown territories.

24

#145 sabram

sabram

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

 Wooderson, on 31 January 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

 Chile Dip Master, on 31 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

 Wooderson, on 31 January 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Think I'll go to Branson.

Did that last year, some really good golf in the area and Table Rock Lake is pretty nice.

I've been wanting to play Buffalo Ridge for many years.  Also, curious how the Crenshaw course is coming.  Time to start planning this.

Here's a photo tour of Buffalo Ridge from last summer  https://www.flickr.c...157687128381196

It is a terrific fun course and exceeded my expectations. On the other hand, I also played Top of the Rock, which I thought was way overblown. a lot of sizzle but not much steak and very expensive.

Posted Image
Buffalo Ridge #5 from tee


25

#146 sabram

sabram

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

 davep043, on 01 February 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Now I'm back from Palm Springs my next junket is Scotland in June.  Staying across the street from Prestwick, and playing Dundonald, Prestwick, Gailes, and Western Gailes.  Then moving to Aberfeldy and playing North Berwick, Gullane 2, the Glen, and Dunbar.  Apparently we're high on the list of alternates to play Muirfield.  This will be my third golf trip to Scotland, and we're visiting unknown territories.

An excellent itinerary. The Glen is the only one that's not a star.You might consider skipping the Glen and playing North Berwick twice or Gullane #1. Many visitors skip Dunbar. I loved it.

26

#147 Andrew Bond of Glencoe

Andrew Bond of Glencoe

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371925
  • Joined: 04/19/2015
  • Location:Sunny Florida
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Feb 10th - Jupiter Hills
Feb 11th - Seminole
Feb 13th - Gasparilla Inn and Golf
Feb 21st - Calusa Pines
March 7th - Bluejack National
March 8th - Whispering Pines

Itís going to be an amazing year of golf!

27

#148 davep043

davep043

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489076
  • Joined: 12/20/2017
  • Location:Reston, VA, and Southern Pines, NC
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 863

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

 sabram, on 01 February 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

 davep043, on 01 February 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Now I'm back from Palm Springs my next junket is Scotland in June.  Staying across the street from Prestwick, and playing Dundonald, Prestwick, Gailes, and Western Gailes.  Then moving to Aberfeldy and playing North Berwick, Gullane 2, the Glen, and Dunbar.  Apparently we're high on the list of alternates to play Muirfield.  This will be my third golf trip to Scotland, and we're visiting unknown territories.

An excellent itinerary. The Glen is the only one that's not a star.You might consider skipping the Glen and playing North Berwick twice or Gullane #1. Many visitors skip Dunbar. I loved it.
I'd probably do what you suggest, if I was the one doing the planning.  However, I've planned these in the past, and I know the effort my buddy has put into it, and I'm not going to say a word.  From what I've read, the Glen might be an interesting change of pace, kind of a seaside "parkland" course after playing links the rest of the time.

28

#149 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 3,327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
  • Joined: 04/22/2005
  • Location:Hwy 97, Mile Marker 55
GolfWRX Likes : 1514

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

Heading to Dallas for a couple of days next week to play Trinity Forest.

Then off to London/Scotland first week of March.  
St Georges Hill
Huntercombe
Machrihanish
Machrihanish Dunes
Dornoch
Brora
Isle of Harris
Askernish
FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

29

#150 BC33

BC33

    Divot taker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71716
  • Joined: 01/01/2009
  • Location:Illinois
  • Handicap:0.3
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Going with a group of 16 to Dothan AL to stay and play at Dothan National in mid March.

Might be able to play here in Illinois then but at least 36 a day for 5 days in what should be much better weather.  ����

10.5 Callaway Rogue Aldila Synergy
Callaway Rogue 3 wood Even Flow Blue 70
Callaway XHot Pro 5 Wood Project X LV
Apex Pro '16 4-PW Project X 6.0
Callaway MD Forged 50, 54
MD PM Grind 58
Odyssey MXM 9 HT
TaylorMade TP5X or Kirkland Signature 4 Piece

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors