So, my son has just about outgrown his current US Kids TS size 51" irons, as well as the 3-wood and hybrid that came with the set. About time to re-tool. I've read through the various threads comparing US Kids Tour Series to Flynn Golf. The consensus I've come away with is that Flynn makes better woods/hybrids and USKG makes better irons. I'm going to ask questions because we don't live in a location that allows us to demo or get fitted for these clubs without traveling out of state (which we aren't doing). So, here go my questions:
- What wedges are better? I've seen the Flynn wedges and, to me, the eye test goes to USKG--but my son has never hit them.
- Do I want steel or graphite shafts in the irons for my son. Some info, his driver swing speed is about 70 MPH, he hits driver 170 on average and 7-iron 110 on average?
- Would you go with OEM 3-wood and hybrid or Flynn? The OEM driver made a MAJOR difference, but I can't see the difference being that great with the 3W and Hybrid.
- I'm assuming it's not yet time to start talking about senior or ladies clubs/shafts? Son is 53" tall, weights about 73 pounds, and you saw his swing stats above.
- What ideas/thoughts do you have that I'm not considering?