Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Lighter ladies clubs I should look at besides Ping G Le?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deedolce

deedolce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464588
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

I didn't know if this should go here or the equipment forum, but I'm a new golfer ( almost 5 months) and went to a golf store once and swung a bunch of clubs and as soon as I swung a Ping G Le, I loved it. But it's really pricey! I liked the weight, it was less head heavy, and lighter than others I tried. I really liked that! I already have trouble with sway and balance. I'm currently using a Goodwill set of old Wilson clubs, but would really like to upgrade. I'm 58 and 5'1". Are there any other light weight clubs out there, new or old, that I should look at?

Thanks in advance!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Handicap:0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

View Postdeedolce, on 22 August 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

I didn't know if this should go here or the equipment forum, but I'm a new golfer ( almost 5 months) and went to a golf store once and swung a bunch of clubs and as soon as I swung a Ping G Le, I loved it. But it's really pricey! I liked the weight, it was less head heavy, and lighter than others I tried. I really liked that! I already have trouble with sway and balance. I'm currently using a Goodwill set of old Wilson clubs, but would really like to upgrade. I'm 58 and 5'1". Are there any other light weight clubs out there, new or old, that I should look at?

Thanks in advance!

You may have better luck getting the mods to move this to Equipment.  Most women specific sets will have lower swingweight (roughly how heavy the club head feels when holding the grip end) and lower overall weight as well due to the lighter shafts.  As a beginner any entry level women's specific set will be better than what you are currently playing.  Unfortunately I don't play women's clubs so my knowledge of what's available is limited.

Eventually if you stick with and enjoy the game you may want to get fit for clubs which will generally get you a set you can play much better with.  This is typically a more expensive route, but you might look around your local area for clubfitters and checkout what clubs they carry, how much they charge for a fitting, and whether they have fit many women before (important).
Driver: Callaway Epic GBB 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway XR w/Project X 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Callaway Apex 5i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/11 2 Dot w/UST Recoil 780 F4
Lob Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX CB 58/14 2 Dot w/True Temper XP-95 R-flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft or Srixon Z-star both in yellow

#3 deedolce

deedolce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464588
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 23 August 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

View Postdeedolce, on 22 August 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Thanks in advance!

You may have better luck getting the mods to move this to Equipment.  Most women specific sets will have lower swingweight (roughly how heavy the club head feels when holding the grip end) and lower overall weight as well due to the lighter shafts.  As a beginner any entry level women's specific set will be better than what you are currently playing.  Unfortunately I don't play women's clubs so my knowledge of what's available is limited.

Eventually if you stick with and enjoy the game you may want to get fit for clubs which will generally get you a set you can play much better with.  This is typically a more expensive route, but you might look around your local area for clubfitters and checkout what clubs they carry, how much they charge for a fitting, and whether they have fit many women before (important).

Thanks, I'll try and do that. I've heard about fittings, but I still don't feel I have developed a good stroke yet. I got rid of the swaying and now trying to work on my balance and weight shift! Golf is hard.

#4 Aimee

Aimee

Advanced

• Lady Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3411
  • Ebay ID:ak1504
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Getting a club fitting when you've only been playing for 6 months would be a bit of a waste of money. Your swing is still developing and until you are more consistent, you won't benefit from the fitting, since it depends on you having a fairly repeatable swing. Generally Callaway makes good clubs for women, you can buy them preowned (most beginners should start with good quality used clubs) - they have a website www.callawaypreowned.com, so you won't get ripped off on Ebay with bad goods. They have good customer service if you call them, also. You can look at models that are 2-3 years old and save a ton over new clubs. I would also recommend investing in lessons. That will get you a better swing, faster, than trying to figure it out on your own.
It's not how...it's how many

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors