Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

At what point will the decline of golf be irreversible...

265 replies to this topic

#31 tatertot

tatertot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87030
GolfWRX Likes : 2452

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Golf has always been for older folks ... Golf wants to go younger to grab more advertising $. It worked when Tiger grabbed their imagination.

Now we're back to the norm. As old golfers die, young people get old, and become golfers. It's a cycle.

Driver: Adams Speedline Fast11 9
Fairway: Adams Fast 10 15*
Hybrids: Adams Pro DHY 18*, Adams DHY Proto 21
Irons: Ping Eye 2, 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist SM5, 54 & 58
Putter: Cameron Mid Sur Studio Stainless, 35"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 38433

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

View Postmelo, on 21 August 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostConrad1953, on 21 August 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Look at what people invested to see a 3 minute solar eclipse. They
can get a lot of 5 hour rounds for that, lol. Golf will be fine.

People spent a fortune on the eclipse because it is a once in a couple of generations, or even once in a lifetime event depending where you live. Golf is not the same.

Ya, I agree people are screwed up in their priorities. I'd rather enjoy myself
for hours and days and weeks and months and years instead of 3 minutes.
Ping G15 12 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G25 3W w/TFC189
Ping G25 Hybrids 20/23/27/31 w/TFC189
    MAC VIP V-Foil 1025M 7-P with Rifle 5.0
    MAC VIP wedges 51/55/59 w/Ping CFS wedge shafts    
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

#33 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6587

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostHawkeyeHacker, on 21 August 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Golf's been around for hundreds of years.  Millennials (which I am) won't kill it.  They'll play more as they get older.  Since millennials are the largest generation maybe golf will be bigger than ever when as this generation comes of age.

This is the single best response I have read on here to this ongoing "golf is dying, the sky is falling" debate.

Too bad I can't click "Like" but once.
Callaway XR-16 w/Fujikura Evolution Speeder in 12.5*
Callaway XR-16 4W w/Fujikura Evolution Speeded (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#34 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

American Bald Eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
GolfWRX Likes : 11234

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

I would love to be around when millennials get to be my age, but of course I'm sitting here dying by the moment, what with gray hair and all, so I won't be able to. :taunt:
Anyway, I have been around a long time, and I have several millennials who are manufacturing engineers who work for me. They play golf too. I am very proud of them, and if they will be taking over the world of golf in the future, I think it will be in very good shape for a long long time as well.  This is a thought provoking post OP, really golf will continue on, maybe a few tweaks here and there, but don't worry, it won't end up in a museum somewhere... you gotta believe it..

Faith sir! She looks like the Old Course... Old Tom Morris
Ping G 10* SFTec or G30 12* Alta Blue 55 Stiff Shaft Golf Pride MCC +4 Grip and/or
Tour 65 Stiff Shaft  Golf Pride MCC +4 Grip
Ping TiSi Tec 3 & 5 Wood S
Ping K15 7 Wood
Ping G15 4-PW Irons Golf Pride MCC +4 Grips
Vokey 48-6* 54-14*  58-10* SM Wedges
Ping Anser 5 Milled Putter SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 CCT Grip
Snell My Tour Ball

Outlaw Golf Association #11
Senior Division-ha

#35 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18770

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

Irreversible doesn't really exist in products/economics.

If there is a market for golf it will exist. I would guess that the amount of courses that exist in my area will probably decrease by 30-40% over the next 10 years. But the ones that remain will fill up. It's just the market adjusting to the new norms. Just like in any industry that over-expands and sees companies buy other companies, except here it's courses selling the land for condos and their members going elsewhere. The courses that remain will be full

There's no "doomsday" scenario right now. When we run out of resources in 50-75 years golf may dissapear. But right now we're blissfully not caring about that.

Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#36 RP29

RP29

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467504
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

Because of work I've moved across the country and seldom ever make it back to the town where I grew up. This summer I actually had the opportunity to go and play golf down there, which I had not done in many years.

I visited the golf club where I spent my first  summers as a golfer 20 years ago. Apparently they are having massive issues keeping the lights on and will close at the end of the season if it doesn't get better. I was disappointed to hear that as it was a great little course with standout conditions.

But then I remember why I asked my parents to change clubs one year. The management fired the pro (who later got named top instructor in the country) and basically shut down all Jr programs. The new pro did not like having us out there and it seemed like the "Jr free zone" changed every week without rythme or reason. It was increasingly difficult to get out on the course to play and it was obvious our presence was a nuisance to the older membership.

One year the Jr club championship was over 100 kids but it quickly dwindled down to maybe 20-30.

Anyway remembering all that and playing there this summer I thought of the 100 kids I used to play with and imagined that being in our late 20s/30s they should start showing up on the golf course. Evidently the damage done by antagonizing the jrs in 1999-2005 took its toll.

Another course from my youth I played was busy with youth and adults all over the range putting green and course.

Reap what you sow.
The number in the picture is my balls speed

#37 Soloman1

Soloman1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246523
GolfWRX Likes : 2940

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Golf is not the only sport in decline, so trying to pin reasons based on just golf isn't the whole story.

Youth participation in soccer, football, basketball, baseball, softball have all been in decline in the past five years. Some by as much as 20%.
I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
Avogadro would be proud.

#38 Medic

Medic

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6587

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

View PostSoloman1, on 21 August 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Golf is not the only sport in decline, so trying to pin reasons based on just golf isn't the whole story.

Youth participation in soccer, football, basketball, baseball, softball have all been in decline in the past five years. Some by as much as 20%.

The real question is whether or not this is the very first time in recorded history for those sports that there has been such a decline.

I would imagine that during WW2 all of the sports saw a MAJOR decline the likes of which would make any decline now pale in comparison. But since most things in life are cyclic I cannot help but wonder whether or not this might have happened in the past.
Callaway XR-16 w/Fujikura Evolution Speeder in 12.5*
Callaway XR-16 4W w/Fujikura Evolution Speeded (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

#39 Soloman1

Soloman1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246523
GolfWRX Likes : 2940

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

The graph of obesity rates is inverse to the decline of sports. The reasons for that may be the things to look at...
I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
Avogadro would be proud.

#40 dpark

dpark

The Home of Golf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3344
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

As much as I love golf, it will continue to decline for a while. Too many other pursuits (rightly or wrongly) that take up the time from a leisure activity like golf.

Don't think golf will go away any more than other "legacy activities" like tennis or bowling, but it will "right-size" itself (courses closing, equipment manufacturers going out of business etc) to the underlying financials.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver
1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood
1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E
1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver
Adams 5050 14.5 fairway wood
Adams A2P 20* hybrid
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW
Titleist SM6 wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey RX #9 putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 wkuo3

wkuo3

RELEASE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20890
  • Handicap:11.2
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

I guess, every corner of this land has it's own merit.

In my corner of the land, which is rated the number 4th in the nation for "economic growth", this is what I have observed for local golf industry.

Many golf courses had changed hands over the last 5 years, including a high end outfit with 10 golf courses.  Sold to an investment group from overseas.

Local City and County are assessing new tax on the City owned municipal golf course, not only just the sales tax of 10.1% but add on another 5% of :City Admission tax = a new 15.1% increase which the managing team does not see a dime.   This may not be a big deal for the occasional golfer, but it'll have a big impact for the retired golfers with fixed income whom like to play golf multiple times per week.
Some of the golfers in my group had quit golfing because of aging and ailment, some had tighter wallet because of the cost of living had out paced the income adjustment.   There is a social group of golfers which had more than 150 members a few years ago had reduced the membership today to less than 50.

Personally, I'd like to get out on the golf courses more than a couple of times a week but..... it's difficult to justify that a round of golf will equal to a slab of prime rib eye to feed the family for a couple of days.  I had already rid of other luxury in life.  I did not have the big screen HD SMART television , no newest smart phone , my vehicle is over 150K ( still looking and running great ), no new business attire for years............ all because I love to get out on the golf course .
However, it seemed the sacrifice is not enough to even afford a few round of golf per week, so, maybe one of these days I will quit playing golf just like some of my friends did.  According to what I had observed, it'll take years to have new golfers hooked on this games, but much easier to free them to other interests in life.

Edited by wkuo3, 21 August 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#42 CMCSGolf

CMCSGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441076
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

View Postmelo, on 21 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostCMCSGolf, on 21 August 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

As many people have noted, what's the big deal if golf declines a little bit?  Since only a few of us make money on the game, it really shouldn't be a big deal if there are 10 or 20% fewer golfers.  Some courses might close and an equipment company might go out of business, but we'll all still have plenty of great places to play.

I think the desire to "grow the game" largely comes from people making money on it and the organizations in charge.  Do train enthusiasts or Birders or stamp collectors constantly worry about the number of young people enjoying their hobby? I'm sure everyone would like other people to find their past time interesting and should share it with young people if the opportunity exists, but a change in young people's preferences will not mean the end of golf.
The concern is not if golf declines a little bit, it is what if golf declines a LOT. As others have mentioned, there are ebbs and flows. But a dramatically decreased customer base leads to lots of courses closing and the other courses having to increase rates dramatically if they can't fill the tee sheets. We have all seen the impact on lower and mid level private clubs the past few years

Sure, I agree with that.  But is anyone forecasting a 50% decline?  Golf is and has always been a game that is favored by older people with money.  The stats that say 60-70% of golfers are over 40 is not necessarily an indication that golf is going to die because the majority of golfers have always been older.  The concern that younger people are not and will not pick up the game is valid, but is it really going to mean a big (greater than 20%) drop in golfers?  It's certainly possible, but I don't think it's likely in the short term.  

If golf does become far less popular in 50-100 years where half of courses need to close, that's not necessarily bad either.  I'm sure people will find hobbies they find more enjoyable and fit with futuristic lives (like virtual reality games).  I'm not saying I want any of this to happen.  I love golf and will play it for 40 - 50 more years, but if younger people find something they like better, good for them.

#43 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1676

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 21 August 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

If there is a market for golf it will exist. I would guess that the amount of courses that exist in my area will probably decrease by 30-40% over the next 10 years. But the ones that remain will fill up. It's just the market adjusting to the new norms. Just like in any industry that over-expands and sees companies buy other companies, except here it's courses selling the land for condos and their members going elsewhere. The courses that remain will be full

There's no "doomsday" scenario right now. When we run out of resources in 50-75 years golf may dissapear. But right now we're blissfully not caring about that.

Politely, I disagree.   Look at Kodak.

#44 suprfli6

suprfli6

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 286428
  • Handicap:8-10
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostSoloman1, on 21 August 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

The graph of obesity rates is inverse to the decline of sports. The reasons for that may be the things to look at...
Participation rates in high school sports are higher now than they were 25 years ago. And childhood obesity in the US has been generally flat in the last decade, although it is starting to trend higher again but data is limited.

Since we're all posting anecdotes and opinions as if they were facts; I'm a millennial and my golf participation is infinitely higher now than ten years ago so obviously golf is exploding and we need to build as many courses as possible!

#45 HatsForBats

HatsForBats

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433112
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 343

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

View Postmelo, on 21 August 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Do any of you think the following things are disrupting the market?

The length of time it takes to play (not whether it takes 4 hours or 4:30, I simply mean the fact that it takes anywhere over 2 hours to play)

The difficulty of learning and playing well

The cost of lessons/instruction and lack of access to quality practice facilities?

No.

Length of time has always been a complaint from a small fraction of people. If they want there are opportunities to play within their time constraints but then they will complain that they have to get up too early or play too late or some other excuse.

Golf has always been difficult for most and I don't see any decline in the number of golfers that do not play well yet love the game. Anyone can learn to hit the ball far enough and well enough to enjoy the game in a reasonable amount of time. If they aren't interested they won't put the minimal amount of effort in to learn to hit the ball well enough.

Golf instruction/lessons are not a requirement to playing well enough for the game to be enjoyable. It is a non-factor. The players that would benefit from quality practice facilities are already bitten by the bug. Any old crappy practice facility is good enough for a beginner.

Curious, are you writing a paper for school or something?

#46 HatsForBats

HatsForBats

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433112
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 343

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostFerguson, on 22 August 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

From what perspective? Do you think Golf Simulators or virtual play are going to replace the real thing? People didn't stop taking pictures.

#47 Roody

Roody

You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63452
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostHatsForBats, on 22 August 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

From what perspective? Do you think Golf Simulators or virtual play are going to replace the real thing? People didn't stop taking pictures.
Coming from someone who lives in Rochester (the home headquarters of Kodak), it's not that people stopped taking pictures. It's more that Kodak failed to get on the changes in technology as fast as its competitors (Fuji, Nikon, etc). Kodak once was the life blood of the Rochester area. These days it's a shell of its former self.
Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Odyssey Black Series #7
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges

#48 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostRoody, on 22 August 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostHatsForBats, on 22 August 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Coming from someone who lives in Rochester (the home headquarters of Kodak), it's not that people stopped taking pictures. It's more that Kodak failed to get on the changes in technology as fast as its competitors (Fuji, Nikon, etc). Kodak once was the life blood of the Rochester area. These days it's a shell of its former self.

I am a former Rochesterian.   Kodak fueled that city and got caught up in believing that times would never change.  Few people realize that Steve Sasson at Kodak invented digital camera technology.  The idea was shelved for film.  Management had no vision.  

The PGA and USGA need to join forces and create a vision for golf's future.

Edited by Ferguson, 22 August 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#49 Roody

Roody

You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63452
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

And their latest "vision" is this garbage:

https://www.kodakphones.com/us/
Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Odyssey Black Series #7
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges

#50 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostRoody, on 22 August 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Oh my, destined for disaster.  They actually consider it to be a high end phone.  
What does that mean?

Remember the Disc Camera?    It was everything that a consumer product should NOT be.
High cost of production, faulty components and a short lifespan.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 S.A. OSO

S.A. OSO

Oso

• 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23841
  • Ebay ID:rdelargy
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostRoody, on 22 August 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

=======================================================================================

Wow, that product screams of arriving too late for prom.
Driver - R15 430; Fuji Speeder Evolution 757 Tour Spec S; 10.5
3 Wood - AeroBurner TP HL; Matrix White Tie 70x4; 16.5
Hybrid 1 - Mizuno T-Zoid FLI-HI - 21
Hybrid 2 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25
5 iron to PW - Maltby MMB
Wedge 1 - Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52
Wedge 2 - Maltby CER; 56
Wedge 3 - Maltby M-Series; 60
Putter - Ping Zing 2

#52 ricklinens

ricklinens

Advanced

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464152
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

Golf is like the stock market, ups and downs along the way,  but the overall trend since the game first appeared from the link's mist has been upward.
The less you put in, the more you take out.

#53 tw_focus

tw_focus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244611
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

When / if TW calls it quits, the decline will be irreversible.

#54 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:5.4
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

View Posttw_focus, on 22 August 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

When / if TW calls it quits, the decline will be irreversible.

I have to be honest, I can't imagine that there are people still watching and playing golf only with the hope that Tiger will be back. At this point I'd think most people would assume he's probably done. If he did happen to come back, it would just be a happy surprise, not expected.

I promise to keep playing and taking people to play for at least another 40 years. So I'm doing my part :)
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Speedblades, 3-AW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

#55 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 18770

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 21 August 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

Golf companies will certainly go out of business. But people didn't stop taking pictures, I can go online and see Tiger Woods's junk right now!

Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#56 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

I Strive to make you Better

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1339

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:29 PM

Golf will still be golf

If you wanna see increase in the game and other athletic activities then you need to see 3 things happen

1) The government that a serious stance that being overweight isn't disease but people killing themselves (sorry thats what it is)
2) Good Education in school at early age that proper dieting (I prefer the eating lifestyle) and daily fitness are important. This includes more than 2 hours of physical activity for students a day until graduation along with class where they teach to cook healthy meals
3) its not okay to be lazy and spend all day in bed
Driver: PING i25 9.5*; Fujikura Fuel TS 60-Stiff
3 wood: Titleist 915Fd 13.5; Aldila Rouge Black 80-X
Hybrid: Adams IDEA Super XTD 17*; UST Mamiya ProForce VTS 100HX
Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-6, CB 7-9: KBS Tour C-Taper X (loft: 22, 26, 30, 35, 40, 45)
Wedges: Scratch 1018 49*, 53*, 57*; KBS Tour C-Taper S+ (49), S300 (53, 57)
Maltby Custom Grind 59*; True Temper Tour 100-Stiff (Combination of Miura K (except 5 knuckles) and PM Grind)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design MB5; Super Stroke GP Tour (I have backups)
Ball: ProV1x
Grip: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Red (3 wraps bottom, 3 wraps middle, 2 wrap over that)
Bag: Jones Original

#57 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4641

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Many people pick up the game later in life, so I think the OP's stats are irrelevant.
Callaway GBB 10.5
Callaway GBB 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide SS 54
Ping Glide 2 SS 58
Odyssey Pro #1
Ping Hoofer
ECCO

#58 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
GolfWRX Likes : 8823

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Those in the golf industry would have you think the sky is falling. I'm all for letting it die a little. Contraction is healthy...
Titleist 915D3 9.5/Diamana Whiteboard 63
Titleist 915F 16.5/Diamana Blueboard 73
Mizuno Mp-54 3-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58 (M)/Dynamic Gold s200
Bettinardi Studio Stock 6
Titleist ProV1x

WITB

#59 cardoustie

cardoustie

Canada Cup 1973

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65255
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4729

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Most kids have no attention span now

Sorry to report that

Social media, smart phones, laptops, 1000 channels, netflix etc etc.  Why leave the house?

When I was 17, 32 long freaking years ago you looked for things to do to stay busy / active / social.  

You didn't fake hang out with friends electronically

I think of the 450 members at my club - we are doing well and had 40 new members join over the winter - we have 3 juniors and 15 lady members.  Crazy
TMade '16 M2 Fuji Motore Tour Spec 6.2x
Callaway GBB 16* Kuro Kage 50s
Callaway Apex 3h & 5h Kuro Kage 80s
PIng s55 6 - PW Nippon Tour 1150GH x
Vokey SM2 50 54tvd 59tvd 64 DG Onyx s400
Scotty X7M

#60 matthewb

matthewb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34838
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Here's a little light to offset some of the heat in this thread . . .

http://www.charlesto...nomics-of-golf/

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors