Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Arm lock putters (acculock)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 provx

provx

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22573
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

I have a kuchar arm lock, a # 7 and a # 1w arm lock from callaway. Looking at getting an acculock putter to compare against. any reviews on the acculock?

Are there any other manufacturers making an arm lock style?

This kuchar method is my beat way of putting but so far i haven't found many options on style of putter. An anser style like dechambeau would be nice.

Ping G400 lst 8.5 * Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Callaway Apex 4-AW
Bettinardi Kuchar Arm Lock
Snell MTB balls

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
GolfWRX Likes : 1031

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

I bought an Acculock late last year so that I could try the arm lock method. I had seen their page on Instagram and had some great instructional videos on their YouTube channel.

When you first try arm locking, there is always an adjustment in finding the right setup to go with it. For me, the Acculock was easier to use because the shaft placement fit my eye better than the Bettinardi models. I played around five rounds with it before ultimately deciding to go back to standard. I found that it was amazing on putts inside 6 feet with an emphasis on 3 footers. However, I couldn't get the hang of distance putts with it.

Edited by SetTheBarrHigh, 20 August 2017 - 06:26 PM.

Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Callaway Rogue 10.5°
Callaway Steelhead XR 16°
Mizuno CLK 19°
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged
Mizuno T7 52°
Mizuno S18 58°

Machine Longneck M10 Fixer

#3 provx

provx

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22573
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

SetTheBarrHigh, on 20 August 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

I bought an Acculock late last year so that I could try the arm lock method. I had seen their page on Instagram and had some great instructional videos on their YouTube channel.

When you first try arm locking, there is always an adjustment in finding the right setup to go with it. For me, the Acculock was easier to use because the shaft placement fit my eye better than the Bettinardi models. I played around five rounds with it before ultimately deciding to go back to standard. I found that it was amazing on putts inside 6 feet with an emphasis on 3 footers. However, I couldn't get the hang of distance putts with it.

I have been armlocking for 2 years now, oddly enough the main reason I have stuck with it is because of the distance control on longer putts. I normally use the #7 style odyssey because the bettardini has too flat of a lie angle. according to the acculock site there putter is very upright which appeals to me.

I will probably pull the trigger on the acculock, just wondering if there are some other models out there I am not aware of.
Ping G400 lst 8.5 * Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Callaway Apex 4-AW
Bettinardi Kuchar Arm Lock
Snell MTB balls

#4 Scottie68

Scottie68

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359119
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Plumbers necks can be bent to add loft, allowing them to be used as arm lock putters. Just need to add length as desired, plus posibly weight to head (as arm locks are typically about 400g head weight) and some counter balance as desired.

#5 broomsticker

broomsticker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119450
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

I had an Acculock for awhile and hated it.  I just could not get comfortable with the 79 degree lie and this from a guy who broomsticked it (as the name suggests) for 20 something years.  I had much greater success with the Kucher #1.

#6 kenstl

kenstl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171651
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

old thread but I just pulled the trigger on an Acculock putter to give it shot.  Looking forward to getting a few rounds in with it.
Cobra LTD
Wishon 929 4 wood
Wishon 775 21 and 24 hybrids
SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
Maltby 60 Deg
Seemore 37" Carona Del Mar X4

#7 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365567
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:07 AM

Definitely give an update when you get a few rounds with it. As I was thinking about getting one as well. But instead I bought the arm lock grip off of amazon and put it on an older 43 inch putter it’s getting the job done for now.I wanted to get a Betti but they are too expensive for me to buy one at the moment.
Taylormade SLDR 430
Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron
Pinhawk SL 4 hybrid
1 iron golf pro line 5-pw
Six Bowtie SS red faced 44in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#8 kenstl

kenstl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171651
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

PGATourDriven, on 13 June 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Definitely give an update when you get a few rounds with it. As I was thinking about getting one as well. But instead I bought the arm lock grip off of amazon and put it on an older 43 inch putter it’s getting the job done for now.I wanted to get a Betti but they are too expensive for me to buy one at the moment.

Ok.  I have only played 9 holes with it so far so I will play a few rounds and then give you some feedback.  I have putted traditional, face on / side saddle, Seemore / Obrien method, etc, so I have been around the world in the last 5 years, lol.
Cobra LTD
Wishon 929 4 wood
Wishon 775 21 and 24 hybrids
SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
Maltby 60 Deg
Seemore 37" Carona Del Mar X4

#9 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365567
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

Lol I’m literally the same way. I feel like I’ve experimented with every putting style you could think of.
Taylormade SLDR 430
Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron
Pinhawk SL 4 hybrid
1 iron golf pro line 5-pw
Six Bowtie SS red faced 44in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors