Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Training aid mobile app

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ColinMcArthur85

ColinMcArthur85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479460
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi,

I'm researching options for the creation of a golf app to be used for warm-up and practice. I would like to know what type of features you would find useful.

A few ideas I have are:
  • Warm-up exercises with instructions, pictures or videos
  • Suggested drills and/or techniques based on clubs or an area of your game you wish to work on.
  • Suggested drills and/or techniques based on an issue you want to solve (shank, slice, hitting thin/thick)
  • Random workout routine based on a time-frame
  • Swing analysis + compare to pro swing
Also, any detail on your practice routines or issues you see at the golf range would be greatly appreciated.  

Cheers,
Colin

Edited by ColinMcArthur85, 20 August 2017 - 11:07 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 larrybud

larrybud

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3556

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

The problem with the last item is that all devices which attached to the club to get those readings are toys at best, and not accurate.

For your app, how about tracking of practice drills/results. E.g. Putting drill, hit 5 shots from X feet, how many do you make, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors