Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Renting clubs in Bay Area

clubs rental

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TigerTom

TigerTom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477368
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

I will be travelling on business to San Francisco and want to play some golf over the weekend. Usually I take my own clubs but that doesn’t really work on this trip so I am looking into renting.

Have found a couple options online but wanted to ask if there are any recommendations or places that I should stay away from.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 aloha b.

aloha b.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 368495
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

TigerTom, on 17 August 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

I will be travelling on business to San Francisco and want to play some golf over the weekend. Usually I take my own clubs but that doesn’t really work on this trip so I am looking into renting.

Have found a couple options online but wanted to ask if there are any recommendations or places that I should stay away from.

You can rent through Club Hub or if you're playing one of the better courses they should have premium club rentals.

#3 TigerTom

TigerTom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Thanks aloha.b. Club Hub was top of my list. Am looking to find a better deal then renting at the clubs as I will be playing 3-4 rounds at different courses and it adds up.

#4 aloha b.

aloha b.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

TigerTom, on 20 August 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

Thanks aloha.b. Club Hub was top of my list. Am looking to find a better deal then renting at the clubs as I will be playing 3-4 rounds at different courses and it adds up.

Club Hub would be your best bet since you're playing multiple rounds.

#5 lefty88

lefty88

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240357
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

do you know where you are playing?

harding park rents clubs for a fee. played with a friend there recently who had to rent and they gave him options of taylormade (psi irons/aero woods) /titleist (ap2/917 woods)/callaway(XRirons/woods). All great sets with stiff shafts.

If you are playing a private course, everywhere in sf (cal/oclub/sf/merced) should all have solid rentals.

#6 TigerTom

TigerTom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

Im playing Harding and Pasatiempo, maybe Half Moon Bay. Looking to role the dice and see if I can get a slot at Pebble. If it doesnt work out will probably tee it up somewhere else in the Monterey peninsula. Managed to get a couple days off at the tail end of a business trip so have to put it to good use.

Would have loved to play San Francisco, Olympic or Cal Club but as a European with no connections in the Bay Area dont think that is going to happen.

#7 aloha b.

aloha b.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

TigerTom, on 11 September 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

Im playing Harding and Pasatiempo, maybe Half Moon Bay. Looking to role the dice and see if I can get a slot at Pebble. If it doesnt work out will probably tee it up somewhere else in the Monterey peninsula. Managed to get a couple days off at the tail end of a business trip so have to put it to good use.

Would have loved to play San Francisco, Olympic or Cal Club but as a European with no connections in the Bay Area dont think that is going to happen.

You can call Pebble 24 hours in advance to get a tee time.  Spyglass you can call 3 weeks in advance.

Also tagged with clubs, rental

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors