Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Callaway FT-i Squareway

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Callaway FT-i Squareway (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

2. 4 (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

3. 3 (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

4. 2 (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

5. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 G.Review

G.Review

Tour Winner

• Forum Review
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24339
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

Callaway Golf FT-i Squareway Woods

Squareway Inertial Design positions discretionary weight to the extreme corners of the FT-i Squareway Wood clubhead, raising the MOI for unparalleled resistance to twisting. This provides straighter and more forgiving shots hit over a wide area of the face. Fusion Technology construction combines a stainless steel face, sole and body with a lightweight, carbon composite crown, allowing Callaway Golf engineers to move discretionary weight where it is needed most, resulting in better stability and distance. The club's oversize head shape allows for a higher MOI to increase forgiveness and stability at impact for better accuracy. VFT Technology maximizes ball speed and perimeter weighting for more distance and forgiveness, while S2H2 increases discretionary weight by removing it from the hosel and repositioning it in the perimeter of the clubhead.

CallawaySquareway.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Stef_ETC

Stef_ETC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42988
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

Nothing to say about these fairway woods ?

#3 themadgripper16

themadgripper16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40780

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have tried most fwy woods on the market and these are one of the best woods out there... I play to a 3.5 handicap and rely on my woods to be straight and long.  They have a closed face, so for me, it takes the right side out of play.  I also play the FTi Driver in a 9.5 (all woods are Stiff).  I must admit, for traditionalist, their appearance may be the deciding factor... my only problem with the woods is their cost....I use the 3 and 5 fwy woods and occasionally use the 7 wood, depending on the course...I will add an extra wedge when not using the 7 wood.

My 2-cents... best of luck

#4 indyvai

indyvai

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51121
  • Ebay ID:indyvai
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

Wow... not many reviews on these huh?

I got the 3W recently, and I love it.  I previously had the Big Bertha, and the X-Hot, but for some reason I was hitting my driver better than the 3W, so I usually left the 3W out of the bag.  My biggest problem... sad to admit... is contact w/ a 3W.  For some reason I just feel more confident w/ a driver, and of course I don't hit it that straight, but I NEVER top it, miss it or pop it up!

I love the FT-i Squareway 3W because it sits really well behind the ball, and it's size and shape inspire confidence.  Since that is what I needed... that is exactly what the club provided.  I got so enamored w/ the squareway that I went  and got the FT-i LTD off of TGW when the price dropped to under $200.  Also a tremendous club, and I am really looking forward to warmer weather because I can't follow the little white ball hitting out into the snow!!!

If you are on the fence and consider forgiveness over distance... this is for YOU!!!

#5 chambers

chambers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76963

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

I recently bought a Callaway squareway 3 wood FT-i and was wondering does the magnet test work for these??? Should the magnet stick or not stick? I Did the test and found that the magnet does stick to all areas of this club.. The club looks authentic and has a serial #, but would like some info on the magnet testing..
Thanks
Handicap69Posted Image

#6 BDoubleG

BDoubleG

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77815
  • Ebay ID:smithfactory
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

I picked up one of these recently, and I must say, It's more workable than I thought it would be. As for the magnet thing, a magnet sticks all over mine, and I know it's legit, since I bought it from an authorized dealer...for A DOLLAR...BOOYA!!
910D2 9.5 - Diamana D+
RBZ Tour 4 - Oban Revenge 8
MP-Fli Hi 21 - DG S300
MP-53 4-P - DG S300
MP-T11 50.06, 54.09, SM5 60.11 K
Anser Milled 5 & Kombi-S

#7 iain8328

iain8328

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76404

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

I've had this club for a while and I don't like it at all.  I guess I should have demoed it first.  :russian_roulette: To me it sounds horrendous and the trajectory it produces is ridiculous.  WAY too high.  I even installed a diamana WB 83X in it and still can't get the ball down.  F+ in my book.

#8 HackerD

HackerD

Student of the game

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51679
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Just started playing the 5-wood and 7-wood with stock Fuji shafts.  I'm hitting lots of solid shots with them and getting good carry even on hits off the sweet spot.  High trajectory is the norm which is okay for me.  If you can grab one via the $1 deal it's worth considering.
Callaway X2 Hot 10.5
Ping G15 4-wood
Callaway X Hot 3H
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
SC Select Newport 2
Cleve RTX CB 50 / Vokey SM 54

#9 joebarnesnz

joebarnesnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19340

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:58 AM

Does any find the Squareway goes left too easily. I am thinking of having the shaft pulled and replaced to sit square.

#10 iCollector

iCollector

Collector

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25508

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

Welllll.... I Tried one - got it for a buck (with the Fubuki shaft - got REAL lucky on that!).

Maybe I should try it again. I was having some swing problems - more than usual that is - when I was using it, and it just didn't make me take my TEE CB2 out of the bag. Comparing the two, the Sqway does not sound as "solid" as the CB2, and sits a bit too closed for me to feel really comfortable with it.

My tendencies with my fw woods is to get a little left, so the SQ didn't help that. With the CB2 I can really hit it well and with a little draw.

I will give it another shot when I get the chance. I gave it a 4.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

I got one off the tour with the face clocked open and ProjectX graphite in it and this is a surprising good 3-wood. Rat glued to weight up the head really makes the sound/feel rock solid.

I don't change 3-woods often --- this one should be in the bag for a while.
Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.

#12 Breaker999

Breaker999

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30417
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

I dont mind the size and shape.  But the face is noticeably closed.  And it doesn't feel solid, makes a klank sound at impact.  The stock shaft is not very good.  Nice magnetic headcover.  With a different shaft and clocked open, it may make a sweet club.

#13 railroadkid

railroadkid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170668
  • Ebay ID:railroadkid

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yay! My first post!!

I just picked up the Squareway 5W a few weeks ago, and it's still pretty snowy here, so I haven't had a chance to course-test this yet.  But, I've taken it to the range a couple of times, and so far, so good!  The feel is quite nice, and the square clubhead gives you that extra confidence that you'll get a solid hit.  The offset does take a little getting used to, but my mishits tend to be blocks, so I'm cool with that.  The ball definitely pops off the face on impact - I was consistently carrying shots about 250 off the deck, with a straight trajectory.

Of course, the range can only tell you part of the story - I'll update once I've had a chance to hit it on the course!

#14 endy

endy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166935
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

I picked one up off the BST here and absolutely love it. Clocked open 2* (which was a blessing for my natural draw), this thing just goes straight. You really have to try and miss with this thing to produce a bad shot. Had a tendency to balloon on me, but replaced the shaft with a Matrix Code 8 in x flex and now it produces perfect trajectory. Only downfall for me is difficulty hitting it off the deck, but luckily I don't need to do that often on the courses I play. Overall a great 3 wood, especially if yours currently gets you into trouble.

#15 Spiritomb

Spiritomb

Just Because You Can Doesn't Mean You Should

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211969
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

May I ask is the ft-i Squareway better then any of callaway's newer offerings?

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
Callaway Diablo Octane 15*
Callaway Diablo DRS 21* & 24*
Custom Turbo Power FBS 6-PW
Callaway Jaws CC 56 & 60
Axis1 Umbra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors