Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (32 votes [71.11%])

Percentage of vote: 71.11%

2. 4 (11 votes [24.44%])

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

3. 3 (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 1 (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 G.Review

G.Review

Tour Winner

• Forum Review
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24339
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:09 AM

ProLaunch Platinum
  • Mid ball flight counterpart to the original ProLaunch and ProLaunch Red.
  • Built using the fusion of Launch Monitor tuned technology found in the original ProLaunch, as well as the revolutionary Smart-Ply construction found in the Axis shaft. The combination of these technologies results in our longest, straightest composite shaft ever.
  • Proprietary Micro-Mesh tip technology provides lower torque for greater stability while offering superior feel at impact compared to other low trajectory, tip-stiff composite shaft designs
Smart-Ply™ Technology
  • Smart-Ply™ technology preserves 100% of the carbon fiber properties by incorporating only unidirectional, low FAW, high-modulus fiber.
  • These unidirectional fibers are then strategically placed in multiple axes along the full length of the shaft resulting in unequalled design consistency and material integrity / performance.
  • Grafalloy’s proprietary System 9 design model computes over 40,000 calculations per shaft ensuring unparalleled accuracy in material placement and lay-up.
prolaunch_plat.jpg
plat_close.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 lologolf

lologolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4010
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

have one in a r7 425 head D6 sw at 45" stiff flex 63 grams. smooth feeling easy to launch higher then the red mid high trajectory although with the weights set at high neutral I can hit a higher ball. ball flight straight to a slight fade for me. really like this shaft, on the flex I am right on the line between r/s I chose stiff for a little more control. I have another driver coming with a regular flex to see how that works. once I decide which flex works best for me I'll be ordering a G10 with this shaft.

previous driver shafts that I have been using were the v2 and I think the platinum feels much better and gives me better results.

#3 schwollo

schwollo

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37923
  • Ebay ID:schwollo
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

Just reshafted my 905 R with a 65G Pro Platinum Stiff flex..Replaced a UST V2 Stiff.  Went from hitting a fade and to hitting it dead straight with a slight draw!  Definitely "whippier" than the UST V2.  Trajectory seems to be mid/high.  I'm a smooth tempo swinger and I love this shaft!

#4 KR619JC

KR619JC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36539
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Looking to get this shaft with an I-mix. Not Sure which head yet but Plan on getting a PL Red with it too. Review to come.

#5 78blades

78blades

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59589
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:37 AM

I also went from a V2 (reg flex) to a Platinum (stiff flex) in the driver. I liked the shaft and could hit it okay but I'm a swinger and in the end it was just a little too stiff. I got another Platinum in reg flex and have put it in my 3 metal. Haven't hit it yet, but if its anything like the last one it should be smooth.

#6 MightyMark

MightyMark

Mighty Mark

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16977
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:53 AM

Anyone with direct comparison to original Grafalloy Blue? My current setup Mizuno MP001 400cc 9* w/Grafalloy Blue S. Subject to occasional push or smother.
Just demo'd Mizuno MP600 460cc 10.5* w/GRAFALLOY PRO PLATINUM S.  :yahoo: Much easier to crush with no effort.                                                                                                                  Tried same head with stock Fuji and was all over the place. May go back and buy the first demo!

#7 78blades

78blades

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59589
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:21 AM

So, I've been using the Platnium shaft in my 3 wood. As stated in my earlier comment I went to a regular flex shaft, but I tip it to 5 wood manufacturers recommendation. Its a very stable shaft and IMO the best under 100 bux shaft out there.

#8 hypergolf

hypergolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28176

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

I currently have Prolaunch Platinum Stiff with my MP600 driver. Smoother feeling than prolaunch red but slightly higher launch. I have both Red and Platinum on different driver heads. I don't know why but I get better results from Grafalloy shafts than any other premium shafts in the market.

#9 petter7

petter7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8005
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

View PostMightyMark, on Oct 26 2008, 06:53 AM, said:

Anyone with direct comparison to original Grafalloy Blue? My current setup Mizuno MP001 400cc 9* w/Grafalloy Blue S. Subject to occasional push or smother.
Just demo'd Mizuno MP600 460cc 10.5* w/GRAFALLOY PRO PLATINUM S.  :yahoo: Much easier to crush with no effort.                                                                                                                  Tried same head with stock Fuji and was all over the place. May go back and buy the first demo!

There are a couple of driver head/shaft combos out there for you to try before you pull the trigger.

Be patient.

#10 ShoxTP

ShoxTP

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2518
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

I put a 75 stiff in my burner TP after hitting a FT5 with the platinum on a machine last year. I can honestly say that this combo is a cannon. I try different shafts and heads, but nothing has yet to touch this combo. I play an 8.5 head and have no trouble getting the ball up or knocking it down, it does just what it says, mid-launch. I plan to put one in a Launcher Comp and see what happens. Really smooth shaft.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 clevelandgolf00

clevelandgolf00

full boron baby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56405

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

looking to put one on my 10.5 g10, anyone played this combo.

#12 stg113

stg113

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41948
  • Ebay ID:
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Last year I played the Platinum 65 in my Nickent 4dx Tour Spec. I was pretty happy with it. Good distance, but if I had a miss it was to the left. Tried a couple other shafts since then, By You, V2, Comp NT. Found a 75 gr Platinum stiff flex on the bay for $39.00 new and uncut. I thought what the heck, maybe a littler heavier shaft would would help my tempo. I am now really glad I did. I still hit it about the same distance but I don't miss the fairway anymore.

I don't plan on changing the shaft out any time soon.
Wishon 919 THI 9* Talamonti PD 70X
Wishon 949 MC 14*  Talamonti PD 80X
Taylormade 2011 18 Rescue NVS 90x Hybrid
Wishon 575MMC 3-PW GD X100 SSX1
Titleist SM4 52 amd 56* GD wedge flex
Never Compormise GM2 Exchange #5
WITB Link

#13 hoggy

hoggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35297

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

has anyone got a comparison between this and the vs proto? i am looking to put in a FT-5

#14 louie09

louie09

louie09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58675
  • Ebay ID:sergeant09

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

Has anyone tried this shaft in x-flex and tour burner tp

#15 Divotsplus

Divotsplus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2556

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

FWIW I just put a PL Platinum 75 S into my "extra" Ping G10 7.5 deg.  My Current gamer is the G10 7.5 deg w/ a Diamana Blue 83 S from Ping WRX.  My extra head has had various other shafts in it to test against the Diamana setup, the last being my old reliable NV 75 S.  Resluts so far after 27 holes are pretty encouraging.  The Platinum does what is says it does, mid-high launch, Cuts down on the spin quite a bit, less boardy feel than the PL Red, and a much tirmer/tighter feel than the PL Blue.  I have generally found in the past that any shaft that is designed to be higher launching to be a non starter for me as I already launch it high enough, and I fight too much spin to a point.  Thus lower to mid lauch shafts, along with heavier weighted shafts have usually been what has worked best for my needs.  I get a nicely flattened ball flight out of the Platinum which is ideal, means the spin is close to where it needs to be to "max" me out, and the slightly higher launch works out fine with the spin kept down.  Feels plenty firm to flex, mostly eliminating the left side miss for the most part. can hit a little draw with it when needed, but the default ball flight I am getting is a straight.  My misses with it to the right were all operator error.  Seeing these for ~$70-75 right now and if it fits your needs is a great value in the performance for the $$$.  Some of us can't afford Diamana WB and this might be a reasonable substitute.

My 2 cents, hope it helps.

Dan

#16 Clifford

Clifford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67118
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

I have a 2009 new 350 platinum uncut shaft. Does anyone have any tip trimming instructions for this shaft. I cant any info anywhere. On the graffaloy site it only has the red and blue instructions. I have a standard bore driver.

#17 AUTIGER07

AUTIGER07

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106429
  • Handicap:<1
  • Ebay ID:auburncorn2007
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

I agree with Dan above. I put one in a G5 and had a similar experience. Very stable/solid through impact and definitely knocked quite a bit of spin off the ball.

It's definitely pretty hard to beat now that you can get them under $80.
MP650 8.5 Axivcore Tour Red X
SFTP 2.0 15* Fuji Pro95 X
TI Rescue DF 19* RIP 100 X
MP37 4-9 DGX100
Scratch 1018 47 Tour Trusty 54/58
Versa #7-90

#18 Golfunaddict

Golfunaddict

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126714
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:55 AM

I'm gaming a PL Platinum 65 S which is the lightest shaft I've played in years for driver. I like it so far... its long enuf, goes where its aimed, feels good. I'd recommend it.

#19 JohnnyB Hips

JohnnyB Hips

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122357
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

I have this shaft on my old FT-9 and now on my i-mix FT-IZ. This shaft is very consistent. Smooth feel and I'm very accurate with my drive. I tried the ZCom stiff and feels boardy and I'm slicing it more.

#20 srockafe

srockafe

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34931
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

Popped a 75 X-flex Platinum (ss 105-107 with BB) in my 909D2 which had the stock Blueboard in Stiff.  My numbers with the stock blueboard were decent, but I have a relatively low launch angle and my consistency was all over the place.  I took a look at the Titleist fitting diagram and saw the Platinum was up there.

I needed a mid-high launching shaft and I debated strongly between a Redboard and this.  When I found one for $10+ shipping from Dallas Golf I had to pull the trigger.  My average carry distance and consistency over the past 36 holes increased by a noticeable amount.  It was nice to safely go at some par 5 fairway bunkers at 250 yds rather than laying up with a long iron/hybrid, rolling a 3 wood into the bunker or unsuccessfully shaping a driver around a tree on some dog legs.

I feel I may look for an even higher launching shaft in the future, but for now I'm happy and will continue to try to get a more upward angle of attack.

RBZ Tour - Ozik HD9
Ping G20
Idea Pro Black 18* - Altus
4-PW Mizuno MP-59
Vokey 52/56
2-ball

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 gooner21

gooner21

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117528

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Anyone played one of these in Nike SQ2 3 Wood? Wondering how the combo works. Also do they play true to flex? Can you compare them to other shafts?

Thanks

#22 sunnyboy

sunnyboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16313

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Grafalloy definitely hit a home run with this shaft, very smooth!!

#23 Jake65

Jake65

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10616
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

I put a 75x in my R9 driver and have really been pleased.  I can swing aggressively and not worry about going left, as well as shorten my swing and still feel the shaft release through impact.  Feel is a firm, yet nowhere near boardy.  Comparable to the stock Fubuki 73s that I'd used before, but feels stiffer in the tip.  Ball flight ended up being a little lower than the Fubuki.  Near impossible to argue with the value of this shaft - I picked it up new and uncut for under $20 shipped.

#24 darnoldil

darnoldil

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32518

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Just posted in the Pro Launch Blue thread about how great the Platinum is and how poor the original Blue was for me.  Shaft Lab fitting 2yrs ago said I definitely needed an X flex.  I have found that active tip shafts are really dicey for me but the axis weave (which was on the original one also) really fits the bill.  My Platinum X flex is a 75g model and it's GREAT!!!!  The Platinum axis ply really seems to control oval-ling, and it also gives the shaft much better consistency with its load/unloading characteristics.  The Platinum finally gives me a shaft that I can miss with and still be in the fairway!!!!  

As far as the original Blue I have to say that I no longer care for it because of its' inconsistency with the release of the tip.  When I slowed down I would only get a high hook and when I went to 80% or more then it would be anything from a hook to a slice!  Instantly with the Platinum I was hitting everything straight, 10-15yrds longer than even my Fubuki (which was 15yrds longer than the Blue), and really calmed down my miss to the left.   Regarding the Fubuki, I will probably keep it as a spare for emergencies but I don't see it ever going back in apart from that, the Platinum is that good.  The Fubuki is consistent in how the tip unloads, with the tip increasing or decreasing its rate according to swing speed it seems.  Of course this was the problem as I couldn't go after it because the high draw to high hook would become a low duck hook.  If the Blue is a 2 then the Fubuki is a 3.5 because it is more consistent in its characteristics (direction, launch, and distance).  Right now the Platinum is a 5 but if I found something a little better in distance then it would move down to a 4.75, lol!

#25 jingramgbr

jingramgbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115716

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just bought this shaft and a used Ping i15 driver.   I bought the shaft because the used i15 had a pretty crappy shaft in it.  I want the shaft to get here so I can get it put in the driver and actually hit it!  

Anyone had any experience with this driver and shaft combo?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors