Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

JDM Wedges - Miura, Epon, Fourteen


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 benzenbe

benzenbe

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402790
  • Joined: 11/12/2015
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Looking to get fitted next week, wanted to know if any has any insight on JDM Wedges, specifically:
  • Miura, in particular the Y, K, C Grinds
  • Epon Tour
  • Fourteen, either the RM-22 or RM Tour

Also, please feel free to compare them against the mainstream offerings (e.g., Cleveland, Titleist Vokeys, Callaway Mack Daddys)

WITB = Off the Shelf Specials:
'11 TM R11S Driver
'07 TM Burner 3W
'11 TM Burner Superfast 2.0 3H
'09 Callaway X-22 Irons
'16 Bombtech 56*
'12 Cleveland 60*
'16 Scotty Futura X5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

I just bought my third Fourteen wedge from Will at People's Clubs (forum sponsor I believe).  All are Tour Raw with KBS Black shafts and in all honesty, I've never hit a wedge that felt better.  The only clubs that feel even close to as good are my Epon 302s.  I'm also a huge fan of the shape as they just look right to me, unlike Clevelands which just never seemed to set up right.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe I read Endo actually does some of the forging for Fourteen.  Regardless, I'm sure Miura and Epon make great wedges, but it's tough to compete with the tour raw Fourteens.

2

#3 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
  • Joined: 09/13/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:06 AM

View PostMysteryV, on 11 August 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

I just bought my third Fourteen wedge from Will at People's Clubs (forum sponsor I believe).  All are Tour Raw with KBS Black shafts and in all honesty, I've never hit a wedge that felt better.  The only clubs that feel even close to as good are my Epon 302s.  I'm also a huge fan of the shape as they just look right to me, unlike Clevelands which just never seemed to set up right.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe I read Endo actually does some of the forging for Fourteen.  Regardless, I'm sure Miura and Epon make great wedges, but it's tough to compete with the tour raw Fourteens.

I'm not sure but I think Fourteen has never been Endo but in the past Himeji....Now it could be outsourced to China.
Drivers : AbroadDF570Xanadu-AstroTourVIIIBasiAlpha60-ItoboriCrazy9Dia- GPOM7D-GrandistaCOA
UTs : A-GrindProto-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : BuchiVS200-ModartCBC-Mystery913-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-OrionTypeS
Putters : Benock-BPutters-DesignTuning-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-Xenon


3

#4 flopshot99

flopshot99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304529
  • Joined: 03/30/2014
  • Location:soon to be in the south..no more snow lol
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

Fourteen has a couple of irons that are endo..i agree wedges are not.

4

#5 Fourteen14

Fourteen14

    Newbie

  • Sponsors
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467676
  • Joined: 05/15/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

We do have some of our Irons forged by Endo, the FH-900 and TC-606. As far as the wedges go, they are forged in various forging houses across Asia depending on the model. All final grinding, finishing, and all quality control is done in Japan.


5

#6 95124hacker

95124hacker

    Rare putter collection

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356977
  • Joined: 01/07/2015
  • Location:San Jose
  • Handicap:13.5
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostFourteen14, on 15 August 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

We do have some of our Irons forged by Endo, the FH-900 and TC-606. As far as the wedges go, they are forged in various forging houses across Asia depending on the model. All final grinding, finishing, and all quality control is done in Japan.

I have a set of 2009 Japan released TC-770's.  Are those Endo?

6

#7 Fourteen14

Fourteen14

    Newbie

  • Sponsors
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467676
  • Joined: 05/15/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

View Post95124hacker, on 15 August 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

View PostFourteen14, on 15 August 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

We do have some of our Irons forged by Endo, the FH-900 and TC-606. As far as the wedges go, they are forged in various forging houses across Asia depending on the model. All final grinding, finishing, and all quality control is done in Japan.

I have a set of 2009 Japan released TC-770's.  Are those Endo?
The TC-770 was not forged by Endo.

7



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors