Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vegas 9/8-11

61 replies to this topic

#31 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
  • Handicap:+2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostGolfinnova, on 25 August 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Oh stop it, you're being beyond ridiculous. If you think Paiute is dead then you simply don't get out.

I played The Club at Sunrise over Memorial Day weekend, they had dirt for fairways which is something not found on any course at Paiute. I play Paiute all the time as a member so I know it in and out.

As I said, they are in process of overseeding. Will they be perfect? Nope, but even then they are way in better shape than all the other courses in the area.

I'm confused. Which is it? Dirt for fairways or "way better shape than all other courses in the area" when talking about Sunrise.  Royal links is much better than sunrise right now and that's in its area...

I've played Paiute at least once a week all summer.  Even with the current conditions it is still one of the best in conditions in SNV.  I have played quiet a few courses this summer and like I said everyone is struggling but don't try to act like it's not there.

Edited by kg92lefty, 25 August 2017 - 08:10 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16582
  • Ebay ID:MdTerps1989
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

View Postkg92lefty, on 25 August 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Oh stop it, you're being beyond ridiculous. If you think Paiute is dead then you simply don't get out.

I played The Club at Sunrise over Memorial Day weekend, they had dirt for fairways which is something not found on any course at Paiute. I play Paiute all the time as a member so I know it in and out.

As I said, they are in process of overseeding. Will they be perfect? Nope, but even then they are way in better shape than all the other courses in the area.

I'm confused. Which is it? Dirt for fairways or "way better shape than all other courses in the area" when talking about Sunrise.  Royal links is much better than sunrise right now and that's in its area...

I've played Paiute at least once a week all summer.  Even with the current conditions it is still one of the best in conditions in SNV.  I have played quiet a few courses this summer and like I said everyone is struggling but don't try to act like it's not there.

You don't read too well. The Club at Sunrise has dirt fairways while you're the one claiming Paiute is "very rough" or "dead". Come on, be for real and not laughable. Do you see dirt on any of Paiute's fairways?? I have never seen it in 10 years and being a member for 7 years.

So let me explain it to you, "dead" and "very rough" are currently what you see at Wildhorse, Club at Sunrise, Painted Desert, and prior to closing both Silverstone and Badlands. It doesn't apply to Paiute, they get brown spots which are still grass and NOT dirt. Got it!

Now if you want to show me very rough and dead at Paiute, name a date and time and I'll be there to have a laugh.

#33 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostGolfinnova, on 25 August 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

You don't read too well. The Club at Sunrise has dirt fairways while you're the one claiming Paiute is "very rough" or "dead". Come on, be for real and not laughable. Do you see dirt on any of Paiute's fairways?? I have never seen it in 10 years and being a member for 7 years.

So let me explain it to you, "dead" and "very rough" are currently what you see at Wildhorse, Club at Sunrise, Painted Desert, and prior to closing both Silverstone and Badlands. It doesn't apply to Paiute, they get brown spots which are still grass and NOT dirt. Got it!

Now if you want to show me very rough and dead at Paiute, name a date and time and I'll be there to have a laugh.

You talking about Club at Sunrise a sentence after saying they had dirt fairways.... "As I said, they are in process of overseeding. Will they be perfect? Nope, but even then they are way in better shape than all the other courses in the area." That's a joke.  So dirt fairways are better shape than all other courses in the area?

Also, never said dirt at Paiute.  So why don't you learn to read.  And yes, talk to their GM, Fish, anyone.  They will say the back nine fairways at snow are "very rough"  Go stand on 17 fairway on snow and tell me that is in good shape.

I'm not telling him not to go play Snow.  He will still enjoy it because as I said the greens are really good!  I am just giving a actual real time update on the course.  I get it's your home course and is precious to you but you have to be realistic and cannot ignore certain conditions.  I would still play it any day of the week.

Edited by kg92lefty, 25 August 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#34 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

View Postkg92lefty, on 25 August 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

You talking about Club at Sunrise a sentence after saying they had dirt fairways. "As I said, they are in process of overseeding. Will they be perfect? Nope, but even then they are way in better shape than all the other courses in the area." That's a joke.  So dirt fairways are better shape than all other courses in the area?

Also, never said dirt at Paiute.  So why don't you learn to read.  And yes, talk to their GM, Fish, anyone.  They will say the back nine fairways at snow are "very rough"  Go stand on 17 fairway on snow and tell me that good shape.

Again, you don't read too well. You said it yourself that you're confused. I play there every week and last week was on Snow, in fact, I birdied 17 which had no spots that are "dead" or "very rough" spots. 18 has brown spots right by the elbow.

I also said the first reply that Paiute is getting ready to overseed, all 3 courses are getting punched and seeded which is normal for this time of year. You obviously have an comprehension issue because you simply refuse the fact I know the club and courses and you don't know what the difference is between brown spots on grass and dirt for fairways.

So again, name a date and time so I can have a laugh!!!!

#35 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostGolfinnova, on 25 August 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

View Postkg92lefty, on 25 August 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

You talking about Club at Sunrise a sentence after saying they had dirt fairways. "As I said, they are in process of overseeding. Will they be perfect? Nope, but even then they are way in better shape than all the other courses in the area." That's a joke.  So dirt fairways are better shape than all other courses in the area?

Also, never said dirt at Paiute.  So why don't you learn to read.  And yes, talk to their GM, Fish, anyone.  They will say the back nine fairways at snow are "very rough"  Go stand on 17 fairway on snow and tell me that good shape.

Again, you don't read too well. You said it yourself that you're confused. I play there every week and last week was on Snow, in fact, I birdied 17 which had no spots that are "dead" or "very rough" spots. 18 has brown spots right by the elbow.

I also said the first reply that Paiute is getting ready to overseed, all 3 courses are getting punched and seeded which is normal for this time of year. You obviously have an comprehension issue because you simply refuse the fact I know the club and courses and you don't know what the difference is between brown spots on grass and dirt for fairways.

So again, name a date and time so I can have a laugh!!!!

I birdied a lot of holes, doesnt mean my lie in the fairway wasn't awful.  And sure you do.  I can at least give an honest unbiased opinion of a golf course.  Played it on August 16th and reporting back what I experienced.  Small portion of 15 fairway attached.  This was another rough fairway, 17 was more hot spot than green grass.  Again not saying it's in bad shape, it's summer in Las Vegas no course is perfect but it is not "good as always".  Two months ago it was a lot better.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170816_133810.jpeg

Edited by kg92lefty, 25 August 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#36 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

kg, what you don't realize is that Paiute is dealing with a double-edged sword. The good is that ever since Silverstone closed, the membership tripled plus they book more tournaments than any other course here, even then they are heavily marketing the Skye Canyon community.

Now the bad side of the sword is that because of these tournaments, the courses are getting beat up more quickly. Every time I play there, I go through 2-4 divot mix bottles simply because we are getting more hacks who don't have the courtesy to fix beaver pelts. What you have in your picture is proof of that instead of a conditioning issue due to lack of watering or cutting grass too low as The Club at Sunrise does with their fairways and rough.

Sun Mountain closes next week followed by Snow then Wolf. I think we can agree that Paiute is by far in better shape than any other course here, not having to pay 6 figure monthly watering bills is the key. However, if you hate Paiute so much, I'll be more than happy to recommend some other clubs.

#37 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 380

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

That is dirt.

#38 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostGolfinnova, on 25 August 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

kg, what you don't realize is that Paiute is dealing with a double-edged sword. The good is that ever since Silverstone closed, the membership tripled plus they book more tournaments than any other course here, even then they are heavily marketing the Skye Canyon community.

Now the bad side of the sword is that because of these tournaments, the courses are getting beat up more quickly. Every time I play there, I go through 2-4 divot mix bottles simply because we are getting more hacks who don't have the courtesy to fix beaver pelts. What you have in your picture is proof of that instead of a conditioning issue due to lack of watering or cutting grass too low as The Club at Sunrise does with their fairways and rough.

Sun Mountain closes next week followed by Snow then Wolf. I think we can agree that Paiute is by far in better shape than any other course here, not having to pay 6 figure monthly watering bills is the key. However, if you hate Paiute so much, I'll be more than happy to recommend some other clubs.

It's a conditioning issue. It's a hot/dry spot. It is not divots. For someone who thinks they know so much more about the club and courses than me you really don't know anything. Talk to the supers or the gm at paiute and they will educate you on the issue. I belive the current gm was formerly the super from the wolf course. Talk to him, I'll bet you he is not happy.

Even better show him my picture. I'll bet you whatever you want he will say what I'm saying and laugh at you for thinking it's divots.

I have never said I hate paiute, I don't. Simply stating the truth of the current conditions. If you can't handle that stay offline in your bubble.

Edited by kg92lefty, 25 August 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#39 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

View Postkg92lefty, on 25 August 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

It's a conditioning issue. It's a hot/dry spot. It is not divots. For someone who thinks they know so much more about the club and courses than me you really don't know anything. Talk to the supers or the gm at paiute and they will educate you on the issue. I belive the current gm was formerly the super from the wolf course. Talk to him, I'll bet you he is not happy.

Even better show him my picture. I'll bet you whatever you want he will say what I'm saying and laugh at you for thinking it's divots.

I have never said I hate paiute, I don't. Simply stating the truth of the current conditions. If you can't handle that stay offline in your bubble.

No, that is not hot spots, go to 18 and you'll see hot spots which are larger in diameter. You're the one who can't handle the truth that grass takes time to grow back from divots. #3 on Snow perhaps you would notice has the same issues at the approach shot as well as #2 on Sun.

Frankly, you can believe all you want but don't you dare come on here to rebut me about my club and the conditions. You can state your opinion all you want until the cows come home but it's obvious you don't know what's happening at Paiute, as I said before, I've been a member there for 7 years. Go play the other dog tracks!

#40 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostGolfinnova, on 25 August 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

No, that is not hot spots, go to 18 and you'll see hot spots which are larger in diameter. You're the one who can't handle the truth that grass takes time to grow back from divots. #3 on Snow perhaps you would notice has the same issues at the approach shot as well as #2 on Sun.

Frankly, you can believe all you want but don't you dare come on here to rebut me about my club and the conditions. You can state your opinion all you want until the cows come home but it's obvious you don't know what's happening at Paiute, as I said before, I've been a member there for 7 years. Go play the other dog tracks!

Go talk to the gm or the super. If you're right you should have no problem doing that. If they agree with you and say I'm wrong I'll buy your pacc next year.

My good friend is the super at coyote Springs and they have the same issues on their practice green, 1st green and multiple fairways. It is not divots. Educate yourself.

Localized hot spots can be caused by a few things. None of which is divots.

Edited by kg92lefty, 26 August 2017 - 03:05 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

View Postkg92lefty, on 26 August 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostGolfinnova, on 25 August 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Go talk to the gm or the super. If you're right you should have no problem doing that. If they agree with you and say I'm wrong I'll buy your pacc next year.

My good friend is the super at coyote Springs and they have the same issues on their practice green, 1st green and multiple fairways. It is not divots. Educate yourself.

Localized hot spots can be caused by a few things. None of which is divots.

I don't need to do that when have a set of eyes and play it every week, have seen it at it's worst when the floods closed the course a couple of years ago.

You want to call it hot spots, go ahead whatever floats your boat dude just don't rebut me unless you want to show me in person which you're unwilling to do. Not going to matter anyway when it closes in 2 weeks for overseed but you'll probably think it's "dead" after that, lol.

#42 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305901
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:hubijerk2p7b
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

This arguing is silly, who cares?  However those are not divots.  There can be various things that cause that... And the damage at Coyote is not limited to just the putting green...  many greens have damage, and the 18th hole is embarrassing.

The story I got about coyote was some new guys set the mowers wrong and buzzed the turf... Maybe...

A lot of time what happens is you get some fire ants, or bermuda mites, or the like and they burrow and multiply and actually mound up those spots (now mounded up and higher) then they either get buzzed by the mower of the roots get chewed up and you get the hot spots as the water doesn't get absorbed.  Over seeding will fix it, but when you get stuff like that on the greens like at coyote... not good.
You can't sneak the cheese by a rat

#43 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

View PostHubijerk, on 27 August 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

This arguing is silly, who cares?  However those are not divots.  There can be various things that cause that... And the damage at Coyote is not limited to just the putting green...  many greens have damage, and the 18th hole is embarrassing.

The story I got about coyote was some new guys set the mowers wrong and buzzed the turf... Maybe...

A lot of time what happens is you get some fire ants, or bermuda mites, or the like and they burrow and multiply and actually mound up those spots (now mounded up and higher) then they either get buzzed by the mower of the roots get chewed up and you get the hot spots as the water doesn't get absorbed.  Over seeding will fix it, but when you get stuff like that on the greens like at coyote... not good.

Can't reply to Coyote as I haven't played it in a couple of years. Just not worth the drive IMHO.

However, I will say what you say is true, there are several factors that kill grass including overfertilizing, oil spillage from mowers, various insects, etc.

Is Paiute immune to those, certainly not but they make the effort to remedy them right away and their conditions are by far the best of any course here especially when I see a fairway that has no grass like Club at Sunrise or painted tee boxes that Stallion Mountain uses. The biggest con of Paiute is when it is windy in the city it's much worse up at Paiute.

Nobody has to take my word for it, they can do their own research to see what courses keep showing up from others where to play. I'll let the record speak for itself.

#44 Dysfunkshun

Dysfunkshun

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431760
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

Played Chimera last week, and it's still in rough shape as they transition.  A single joined up with us on the back nine who happened to be a starter at Reflection Bay.  He told me they got some fungus that's tearing up the greens out there and to avoid it for a couple more weeks.

#45 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostGolfinnova, on 27 August 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

Can't reply to Coyote as I haven't played it in a couple of years. Just not worth the drive IMHO.

However, I will say what you say is true, there are several factors that kill grass including overfertilizing, oil spillage from mowers, various insects, etc.

Is Paiute immune to those, certainly not but they make the effort to remedy them right away and their conditions are by far the best of any course here especially when I see a fairway that has no grass like Club at Sunrise or painted tee boxes that Stallion Mountain uses. The biggest con of Paiute is when it is windy in the city it's much worse up at Paiute.

Nobody has to take my word for it, they can do their own research to see what courses keep showing up from others where to play. I'll let the record speak for itself.

I agree 100%, Paiute is almost always in the best shape in the city and I always recommend people play there, it's a good example of desert golf, not too expensive, and far enough out to be peaceful but close enough to be practical.

Wolf really is in sad shape greens wise, I personally like to go out there because you pretty much have the course to yourself and usually the conditions are outstanding.

Chimera was in absolutely amazing shape a few months ago, then literally a week later it looked like hell and apparently got worse and worse...

And Aliante... I stopped over to take a look after putting in some fight bets and literally their greens have been sh*t for over a year now... dead spots and fur.  You want to see what it was like when Bobby Jones was winning am's, go putt on some of those greens, so furry you can understand why you'd need driver loft on you're putter.

Lots of courses seem to be getting killed with these dead spots this year, even places like paiute whom usually address that stuff before it gets too bad.

#46 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostHubijerk, on 27 August 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

I agree 100%, Paiute is almost always in the best shape in the city and I always recommend people play there, it's a good example of desert golf, not too expensive, and far enough out to be peaceful but close enough to be practical.

Wolf really is in sad shape greens wise, I personally like to go out there because you pretty much have the course to yourself and usually the conditions are outstanding.

Chimera was in absolutely amazing shape a few months ago, then literally a week later it looked like hell and apparently got worse and worse...

And Aliante... I stopped over to take a look after putting in some fight bets and literally their greens have been sh*t for over a year now... dead spots and fur.  You want to see what it was like when Bobby Jones was winning am's, go putt on some of those greens, so furry you can understand why you'd need driver loft on you're putter.

Lots of courses seem to be getting killed with these dead spots this year, even places like paiute whom usually address that stuff before it gets too bad.

Yeah, Aliante is the closest course to me and yet I avoid it as their bunkers are garbage. Can't even get a wedge in there to blast a ball out.

Still haven't played Chimera since they changed their name from Tuscany. When I drive that way, I just keep going to Reflection Bay. I'll get down there eventually once it gets better but it sounds like they've put a lot of money into new carts, clubhouse upgrades, restaurant.

Wolf is just ok, I like Snow best then Sun followed by Wolf. I only play it when I have friends or family come to town just to take on 15.

#47 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

View PostGolfinnova, on 27 August 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yeah, Aliante is the closest course to me and yet I avoid it as their bunkers are garbage. Can't even get a wedge in there to blast a ball out.

Still haven't played Chimera since they changed their name from Tuscany. When I drive that way, I just keep going to Reflection Bay. I'll get down there eventually once it gets better but it sounds like they've put a lot of money into new carts, clubhouse upgrades, restaurant.

Wolf is just ok, I like Snow best then Sun followed by Wolf. I only play it when I have friends or family come to town just to take on 15.

Aliante might be the worst course conditions in Vegas. Their greens have been awful since January.
Chimera/tuscany used to be one of my favorites but the transition to rye mid summer ruins the golf course.
What sucks about reflection even when it's good is the lack of range now.

Edited by kg92lefty, 27 August 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#48 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

View Postkg92lefty, on 27 August 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostGolfinnova, on 27 August 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Aliante might be the worst course conditions in Vegas. Their greens have been awful since January.
Chimera/tuscany used to be one of my favorites but the transition to rye mid summer ruins the golf course.
What sucks about reflection even when it's good is the lack of range now.

There's a rumor that Butch bought the Range at Reflection and he's going to be moving from Rio Secco... I could send a text and find out for sure but frankly, I don't really care that much.

Edited by Hubijerk, 28 August 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#49 Dysfunkshun

Dysfunkshun

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

Aliante is 1/2 mile away from me, it's not a bad course.  It is in bad shape right now though, and has me worried it might be the next on the chopping block.  While close, I don't think it's the worst in town right now, I'm pretty sure LVGC holds that honor.

#50 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:00 AM

View PostDysfunkshun, on 28 August 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Aliante is 1/2 mile away from me, it's not a bad course.  It is in bad shape right now though, and has me worried it might be the next on the chopping block.  While close, I don't think it's the worst in town right now, I'm pretty sure LVGC holds that honor.

Whens the last time you played LVGC? It's been in good shape for a few years now.  I walked some holes there today, the greens are so much better than aliante it's not funny and they do get beat up because it gets a ton of play, a lot of it from dudes in beer stained t-shirts.  They're about to punch and seed and then LVGC will be in great shape.  Aliante's greens have been unplayable for the last year, the putting green is half dead, and their pitching green is a dirt mound right now and it looks to be almost un-salvagable.  If that's the shape they're gonna keep it then I'd rather see it get chopped.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostHubijerk, on 28 August 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

View PostDysfunkshun, on 28 August 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Whens the last time you played LVGC? It's been in good shape for a few years now.  I walked some holes there today, the greens are so much better than aliante it's not funny and they do get beat up because it gets a ton of play, a lot of it from dudes in beer stained t-shirts.  They're about to punch and seed and then LVGC will be in great shape.  Aliante's greens have been unplayable for the last year, the putting green is half dead, and their pitching green is a dirt mound right now and it looks to be almost un-salvagable.  If that's the shape they're gonna keep it then I'd rather see it get chopped.

Lvgc is great (for what it is and how much play they get). Over the past year and a half it's been so much better than it was before that. Yea their greens are slow and beat up now but earlier in the year they were actually really nice. Lvgc is nowhere near the bottom 15 courses. Plus $18 to walk after 12, my friends and I play there in the high seasons it keeps your wedge game sharp.

Edited by kg92lefty, 28 August 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#52 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

I agree with kg that LVGC has been in pretty good shape this year. The hardest adjustment like he says is how slow their greens are compared to Paiute and TPCLV.

Plus the fact it's one of the few that allow walking is great.

#53 Dysfunkshun

Dysfunkshun

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

LVGC on Washington and Decatur?  Or LVNGC on Desert Inn and Pecos?

#54 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostDysfunkshun, on 28 August 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

LVGC on Washington and Decatur?  Or LVNGC on Desert Inn and Pecos?

Las Vegas Golf Club on Washington.  Not talking about National.

#55 garyt

garyt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311399
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostManbearpig13, on 10 August 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

Was just in this area about 2 weeks ago, so much good golf to choose from. Sand Hollow is one of my favorite courses in the area, but a bit of a drive from Las Vegas at over 2 hours (plus an hour time change). Cascata would be the easiest being just outside Vegas, and since you're playing Shadow Creek, I am guessing you guys are not too concerned with price. The whole experience of Cascata is world class in my book.

All this being said, I would take a serious look at Coyote Springs about an hour north of Vegas. It was in immaculate shape when I played it, and proved to be one of the most challenging courses from the tips I have ever played. Hardly saw anyone else on the course, and really had a sense that it was just us and the golf course.

Agree on Coyote Springs. Tough course and I didn't play the tips.

#56 garyt

garyt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311399
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

Amazing how two guys arguing can derail a very interesting thread.

#57 LeoLeo99

LeoLeo99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326383
GolfWRX Likes : 1468

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

I played Rhodes Ranch a week ago.  The greens were rough.  Think they said they're closing to reseed this week.  Nice layout, though.  Got paired up with some locals.  They told me Spanish Trail is in nice shape.

#58 Dysfunkshun

Dysfunkshun

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

I know I'm missing some, but I think I got a good chunk:

Aliante - Closing 9/15 until 9/30, likely cart path only until 10/14

Angel Park - Palm closed 8/27 until 9/9, likely cart path only until 9/21. Mountain will close 9/10 until 9/23, likely cart path only until 10/10

Bali Hai - Closed 8/28 until 9/11, likely cart path only until 9/28

Bears Best - Closed 8/20 until 9/8, likely cart path only until 9/30

Chimera - Closes 9/11 until 9/28, likely cart path only until 10/7

Las Vegas National - Closing 9/11 until 9/28, likely cart path only until 10/11

Los Prados - Closing 9/11 until 9/30, likely cart path only until 10/7

Painted Desert - Closing 9/18 until 9/30, likely cart path only until 10/13

Palm Valley - closed 8/31 until 9/15, likely cart path only until 9/28

Reflection Bay - Closed 8/27 will reopen 9/29, likely cart path only until 10/10

Revere - Lexington closed 8/28 until 9/16, likely cart path only until 9/28. Concord will close 9/16 until 10/1, likely cart path only until 10/14

Rhodes Ranch - Closing 9/5 until 9/27, likely cart path only until 10/5

Spanish Trails - Lakes and Sunrise closed 8/28, will reopen 9/11. Canyon is still open to members

Stallion Mountain - Closing 9/15 until 10/6, likely cart path only until 10/19

TPC Las Vegas - Closed 8/28 until 9/13, likely cart path only until 10/12

#59 leejohnkieh

leejohnkieh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432770
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostDysfunkshun, on 04 September 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

I know I'm missing some, but I think I got a good chunk:

Aliante - Closing 9/15 until 9/30, likely cart path only until 10/14

Angel Park - Palm closed 8/27 until 9/9, likely cart path only until 9/21. Mountain will close 9/10 until 9/23, likely cart path only until 10/10

Bali Hai - Closed 8/28 until 9/11, likely cart path only until 9/28

Bears Best - Closed 8/20 until 9/8, likely cart path only until 9/30

Chimera - Closes 9/11 until 9/28, likely cart path only until 10/7

Las Vegas National - Closing 9/11 until 9/28, likely cart path only until 10/11

Los Prados - Closing 9/11 until 9/30, likely cart path only until 10/7

Painted Desert - Closing 9/18 until 9/30, likely cart path only until 10/13

Palm Valley - closed 8/31 until 9/15, likely cart path only until 9/28

Reflection Bay - Closed 8/27 will reopen 9/29, likely cart path only until 10/10

Revere - Lexington closed 8/28 until 9/16, likely cart path only until 9/28. Concord will close 9/16 until 10/1, likely cart path only until 10/14

Rhodes Ranch - Closing 9/5 until 9/27, likely cart path only until 10/5

Spanish Trails - Lakes and Sunrise closed 8/28, will reopen 9/11. Canyon is still open to members

Stallion Mountain - Closing 9/15 until 10/6, likely cart path only until 10/19

TPC Las Vegas - Closed 8/28 until 9/13, likely cart path only until 10/12

Yea I looked into all of the seeding/aerification schedules before deciding.

Looking forward to playing SC and Paiute Sun/Snow Mtn this weekend.

17' Taylormade M2 9.5 - Project X Hzrdus Black 62g 6.5

17' Taylormade M2 3W 15 - Matrix Ozik 80M4X Black Tie

2017 Taylormade M2 Hybrid 19 - Kuro Kage 90X

Titleist T-MB 2 Iron - Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist 716 CB (4-PW) - Project X LZ - 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52, 58) - Raw Black

Taylormade Spider Tour Black - 34"

#60 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 380

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

How'd you like the courses? I'm considering taking a trip out there next month or Nov after the aeration maintenance.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors