Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Volunteering for the AJGA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 messtoph

messtoph

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345335
  • Handicap:11.4
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

The club that I used to belong to is holding a AJGA tournament this week.  I was playing as a guest this past weekend and saw all the signs up. I emailed the pro to see if they needed any help. He got me in touch with someone and I am now “working” the tournament from 10-4 Tuesday. I can’t wait. I am looking forward to seeing these guys and girls rip it up. If you are there good luck!

Ping G30
Cally XHot 3 & 5 wood
Mizuno 850 Forged 4-PW kbs c-taper
Mizuno 52 & 56 wedges
Nike Mod 30 Putter
Snell MTB

"All men want to be rich. Rich men want to be king. And a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything." (BS)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 dpb5031

dpb5031

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67947
GolfWRX Likes : 1663

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

You will witness some very good golf and quite possibly see a next gen superstar!  Enjoy the week and know that your volunteerism is greatly appreciated!

Edited by dpb5031, 07 August 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#3 sui generis

sui generis

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132389
GolfWRX Likes : 1700

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

You're in for a treat!

For anyone else interested here is a link to:

Their tournament schedule for 2017 - https://www.ajga.org...x.asp?year=2017

and

How to volunteer - https://www.ajga.org...d/volunteer.asp
Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

#4 agatha

agatha

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
GolfWRX Likes : 1311

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

AJGA runs first class events.  I wish there was one in my neck of the woods so I could volunteer.  It was a very good organization for my son during his time.

#5 messtoph

messtoph

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

Just finished my session at the 14 green. While I did not see many great shots, it was because I was busy marking down times, scores and calling in the scores. The hole was playing very tough. A tough pin placement, not that long, but tough green and tough pin. I think there were a total of 7 birdies the entire day. One by the girls and 6 by the boys. No kick in birds, all nice putts. Overall it was a fantastic experience. I would do it tomorrow if work did not get in the way. I am also going to learn the rules a lot better and look into becoming a rules official. It was that much fun!  Good luck boys and girls!

Ping G30
Cally XHot 3 & 5 wood
Mizuno 52 & 56 wedges
Nike Mod 30 Putter
Snell MTB

"All men want to be rich. Rich men want to be king. And a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything." (BS)

#6 sui generis

sui generis

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132389
GolfWRX Likes : 1700

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

View Postmesstoph, on 08 August 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Just finished my session at the 14 green. While I did not see many great shots, it was because I was busy marking down times, scores and calling in the scores. The hole was playing very tough. A tough pin placement, not that long, but tough green and tough pin. I think there were a total of 7 birdies the entire day. One by the girls and 6 by the boys. No kick in birds, all nice putts. Overall it was a fantastic experience. I would do it tomorrow if work did not get in the way. I am also going to learn the rules a lot better and look into becoming a rules official. It was that much fun!  Good luck boys and girls!

Glad you had a good time, now take a look at this thread:

http://www.golfwrx.c...rules-official/
Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

#7 messtoph

messtoph

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

View Postsui generis, on 08 August 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

View Postmesstoph, on 08 August 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Glad you had a good time, now take a look at this thread:

http://www.golfwrx.c...rules-official/

Thanks for that link, enjoyed it and ordered a couple of books from it!
Ping G30
Cally XHot 3 & 5 wood
Mizuno 52 & 56 wedges
Nike Mod 30 Putter
Snell MTB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors