Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mizuno MP-18 (Blades, SC, MMC, MMC Fli-Hi) irons- Comparison Pics Pg 16

527 replies to this topic

#421 reider69

reider69

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376572
  • Handicap:golf
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

View Postmtnbiker5, on 12 September 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yeah thanks guys.  I'm not one to start bashing other manufacturers products.  I really loved Titleist for a long time.  Still have 917 driver, fairway wood and hybrids.  The new 718 AP line I think visually they did a nice job with the new launch but the numbers and feel on the AP2 I didn't see any difference whatsoever.  I really wanted to just be mapped into the new AP2 but after really being dialed into the new AP2 I kept going back to the Mizuno JPX forged.  I couldn't put the club down.  I think what was posted above, with all of this it just comes down to what feels right for you.  Bling always helps and I must say the pro said these are one of the best looking clubs out there.  I will keep my finger on pulse with the new MP's and worst case scenario, not that its bad, I change again!  Awesome site here and very helpful.  Thank you.  :)
Did the 900 forged look much larger by the ball than the MP-18 line of clubs?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#422 poppman2142

poppman2142

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18658
  • Ebay ID:pinescc
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

Ordered mp-18 blades 4-p 8/29.  They have yet to start building them.
Ping G400 lst 8.5* with Aldila Copperhead 70 TX untipped
Ping G400 14.5* with Aldila Green Mamba 70 TX untipped
Callaway Big Bertha 19* with Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 tipped 1/2"
Ping i200 4-GW with Aerotech Steelfiber 95 stiff
Mizuno T7 51.08,56.10,61.7 with Accra Tour 110i X-Stiff
Epon Zen 34.75" with Grip Master leather wrap
2017 Pro V1x/Taylormade tp5x
Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
Ogio Silencer stand bag

#423 Bdmac79

Bdmac79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214045
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

View Postjetmech879, on 12 September 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

View Postms3, on 12 September 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

View PostBdmac79, on 11 September 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Anyone else get theirs yet?  Still waiting...

Mine will be arriving later today (TUES 9/12)

Went with a full 3-PW SC ...because I'm a lefty.

When did you order them and are you in the USA? I'm really hoping mine show up before I play on Thursday! The wait is killing me! Haha!

8/28.
917D3/9.5/Tensei CK Pro White 60
917F2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
MP-18 Fli Hi 3/PX LZ
MP-18 SC 4-5/PX LZ
MP-18 6-PW/PX LZ
Vokey SM6 Raw 52.8F & 58.8M/DG
SC CT Tour NP2 Custom
Pro V1

#424 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343479
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

View Postreider69, on 12 September 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

View Postmtnbiker5, on 12 September 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yeah thanks guys.  I'm not one to start bashing other manufacturers products.  I really loved Titleist for a long time.  Still have 917 driver, fairway wood and hybrids.  The new 718 AP line I think visually they did a nice job with the new launch but the numbers and feel on the AP2 I didn't see any difference whatsoever.  I really wanted to just be mapped into the new AP2 but after really being dialed into the new AP2 I kept going back to the Mizuno JPX forged.  I couldn't put the club down.  I think what was posted above, with all of this it just comes down to what feels right for you.  Bling always helps and I must say the pro said these are one of the best looking clubs out there.  I will keep my finger on pulse with the new MP's and worst case scenario, not that its bad, I change again!  Awesome site here and very helpful.  Thank you.  :)
Did the 900 forged look much larger by the ball than the MP-18 line of clubs?

Here's the thing...

In June, Mizuno held an Instagram contest where the grand prize was a set of custom JPX 900 TOUR irons. I ended up winning. But because I'm a LEFTY, the 900 TOURs were not available to me, just the 900 Forged. I expressed to them how although I was grateful, the 900 Forged was just too big of a head and really didn't suit my eye, that I would much rather go with the MP-25 (which is the only other available LH iron in their line-up at that time).

I was dealing with the brand manager and he was generous enough to make me an offer...

A) send them my specs and they'll build out and ship a custom set of the JPX 900 Forged.

B) I wait a few months for the "yet to be released" irons, that had a more compact shape and playability that I was looking for, have them build and ship it to me a week before they hit retail.

I went with option B. At that time, no spy pics were even available of what we all know now as the MP-18 line. I was told that production on MP-18 orders started last week for both standard off-the-shelf orders and custom orders. Depending on when your order was placed, will determine how far down the line your order falls with the rest of them.
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) | 9.5º set to 10º | Graphite Design TOUR AD-TP 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade M1 | 14º | Matrix RUL TOUR Issue 80 X
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 | 18º | Matrix OZIK Altus Hybrid TOUR Issue 80 X
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 SC 3-P | Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: TaylorMade TOUR Preferred EF 52º, 58º KBS C-Taper LITE 120g S+
Putter: KRONOS Golf Hendrix
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X

#425 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

View Postjetmech879, on 12 September 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

I ordered from a local shop that does a lot of Mizuno business. It has been hard but I have not called them to see if they have shipped. Just waiting for the phone call telling me that they have arrived.

Haha I'd just post-up at the shop until they arrive. Go hit clubs in the simulators, practice putting for hours on end. :taunt:

#426 Triplesticks

Triplesticks

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59907
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

I ordered 8/28 and received my sc's with ctaper yesterday. Such a great combo!

#427 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

View PostTriplesticks, on 12 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I ordered 8/28 and received my sc's with ctaper yesterday. Such a great combo!

That's what I'm doing. Waiting for mine to come in

#428 Kentsp1

Kentsp1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22117
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

3,4 MMC flihi
5-W MMC
50, 55, 60 S18
Modus 120 X

ordered today!
Callaway Epic SZ 9* rogue max 75 X
Callaway Epic SZ 15* rogue max 85 X
Taylormade MC 3-W KBS Tour X
Taylormade TP 52, 56 KBS Tour X
Vokey Brushed Copper SM6 60*
Odyssey O-works black 7S 33 1/2 "

#429 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:44 PM

View PostKentsp1, on 12 September 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

3,4 MMC flihi
5-W MMC
50, 55, 60 S18
Modus 120 X

ordered today!

Now that's a set. Paired with your Epic SZ, you should have a good kit going!

#430 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

Mine arrived today and I took them out to play. I didn't even take them to the range. I just went straight out to play.

First thing I did when I finished unboxing them was check my loft and lie specs to make sure they were set to what I had sent them. On point. I'm coming from a set of TaylorMade Psi TOUR with KBS C-Taper LITE S+ shafts, 4-PW.

I got the full set of MP-18 SC, Project X LZ 6.5, 3-PW. Head size, they are perfect. I didn't measure the top line using calipers, but side-by-side with the Psi TOUR, they are a fraction thicker...at least to the naked eye. Who knows, maybe it's the finish on the Mizzy's that give it an optical illusion. Minimal offset, narrow sole, great traditional shape. Even if I didn't win these iron from the Mizuno Instagram contest, these are something I would have had my eye on. It's just a great, sexy, design. No gimmicks.

These irons are SOOOOOO easy to hit. When they say "nothing feels like a mizuno"...yeah, I get that now. I have never had so much ease hitting a 3 and 4 iron. The mishits, aren't horrendous. They'll still go some...just so long as you don't hit it directly off the toe or shank it. The short irons are really easy to shape; high, low, fade, draw...I was able to do it almost on command (maybe not as easy for me to fade it because I favor a draw). The mid irons had a great flight to them with the shafts I have in them. The 3 and 4 irons were insane to me. I could not believe how easy they were to hit...and how they got up in the air with ease. I'm not saying I'm a pure ball striker...but even on mishits with the long irons, they weren't punishing to the hands.  

The biggest thing I noticed was difference in ball flight, because of the shafts. With the C-Taper LITE, I had that straighter, penetrating flight, that would land softly. With the LZ's, the ball would rise, hit it's apex, then slowly descend down...NOT drop straight down like I have experienced with DG's or KBS TOURs.

I was worried about when switching manufacturers was loss of distance. All specs the same, I'm actually 1/2 a club sometimes 1 full club longer. I'll have to put that in part to the shafts, and pure strike. I'll be taking them out for another round tomorrow morning.

The brand manager I have been working with for the past 11 weeks has told me this was the first custom-order LEFT-HAND set they had shipped out.

Hope you guys get your order(s) soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0336.jpg
  • IMG_0383.jpg

Edited by ms3, 13 September 2017 - 12:59 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#431 richcollins

richcollins

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14611
  • Handicap:1.3
  • Ebay ID:richcollins13
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

Based in the UK.... ordered mine 6th September and received my set last night... great service from Mizuno as usual.

Nothing better than seeing that white box with "Mizuno custom" on it.

Ended up going from JPX 900 Tours 4-PW (DG S300)

to

MP18 Blades 4-PW with AMT DG S300s

Going to head to the range this evening to get them in play. Initial thoughts are that they are no where near as intimidating as I imagined. 4 iron although slightly smaller is not a huge difference.
I ended up going to the AMT shafts due the variable weight helping in the long irons. When my swing is on point I am absolutely spot on with them, however on a slightly off day the decreased weight does slightly help.
Modus 120X was an option but didn't get the same dispersion control that I have with the DG.

Looking forward to working with them this winter to get the bag sorted for 2018.

Rich

#432 MB83

MB83

Rookie

• 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465366
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

Mine are on the way,

4,5,6 mp 18 SC
7-PW blade
C Taper Lite Stiff
Golf Pride MCC +4

I also got a set of MP 5 same shafts and grips coming, both are beautiful clubs and I love the feel of Mizuno irons. Feel like I've been missing out, catching up fast though.

WITB

917 D3 9.5 Yellow HZRDUS
917 F3 15 black Graphite Design AD DI 7
Titleist 816 H2 Motore Speeder
Mizuno CLK 18 Hybrid 22 degree
Mizuno MP18 5,6 SC
Mizuno MP18 7-PW
SM6 50 F grind Raw
SM6 56 M grind Raw
SM6 60 M grind Raw
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat 2 GSS/ Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
Titleist Pro V1x
Mizuno MP5 5-PW
Mizuno MPH5 3-PW

#433 rdangelo1077

rdangelo1077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478800
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:42 AM

View Postms3, on 13 September 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

I got the full set of MP-18 SC, Project X LZ 6.5, 3-PW. Head size, they are perfect. I didn't measure the top line using calipers, but side-by-side with the Psi TOUR, they are a fraction thicker...at least to the naked eye. Who knows, maybe it's the finish on the Mizzy's that give it an optical illusion. Minimal offset, narrow sole, great traditional shape. Even if I didn't win these iron from the Mizuno Instagram contest, these are something I would have had my eye on. It's just a great, sexy, design. No gimmicks.

These irons are SOOOOOO easy to hit. When they say "nothing feels like a mizuno"...yeah, I get that now. I have never had so much ease hitting a 3 and 4 iron. The mishits, aren't horrendous. They'll still go some...just so long as you don't hit it directly off the toe or shank it. The short irons are really easy to shape; high, low, fade, draw...I was able to do it almost on command (maybe not as easy for me to fade it because I favor a draw). The mid irons had a great flight to them with the shafts I have in them. The 3 and 4 irons were insane to me. I could not believe how easy they were to hit...and how they got up in the air with ease. I'm not saying I'm a pure ball striker...but even on mishits with the long irons, they weren't punishing to the hands.  

The biggest thing I noticed was difference in ball flight, because of the shafts. With the C-Taper LITE, I had that straighter, penetrating flight, that would land softly. With the LZ's, the ball would rise, hit it's apex, then slowly descend down...NOT drop straight down like I have experienced with DG's or KBS TOURs.

I was worried about when switching manufacturers was loss of distance. All specs the same, I'm actually 1/2 a club sometimes 1 full club longer. I'll have to put that in part to the shafts, and pure strike. I'll be taking them out for another round tomorrow morning.

The brand manager I have been working with for the past 11 weeks has told me this was the first custom-order LEFT-HAND set they had shipped out.

They look fantastic, and nice pictures! Congrats on having the only set of lefties, thats pretty cool to know
Callaway GBB 16' 9.5* w/ Speeder evolution stiff
Callway XR 16 15*
Callway XR 19*
Mizuno MP18 MMC 4&5, 6-W blade w/ Project X LZ 5.5
Mizuno T7 52, 56 and 60
Taylor Made Daddy Long Legs

#434 Paul065

Paul065

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479632
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

Mine arrived today and I took them out to play. I didn't even take them to the range. I just went straight out to play.

First thing I did when I finished unboxing them was check my loft and lie specs to make sure they were set to what I had sent them. On point. I'm coming from a set of TaylorMade Psi TOUR with KBS C-Taper LITE S+ shafts, 4-PW.

This 100%. I was coming from the AMT DG S300 in my 716 CB's. The Project X LZ 6.5 shaft is insane.

#435 5yddraw

5yddraw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 226369
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

ms3 your pictures look like professional marketing shots.  

Awesome write up.

I am really hoping mine come in this week

#436 Bdmac79

Bdmac79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214045
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Mine are on the way.  Can confirm regarding the LZ shaft - I've been playing them in my MP 5's and they have worked quite well coming from a few sets with KBS Tours and one with AMTs.
917D3/9.5/Tensei CK Pro White 60
917F2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
MP-18 Fli Hi 3/PX LZ
MP-18 SC 4-5/PX LZ
MP-18 6-PW/PX LZ
Vokey SM6 Raw 52.8F & 58.8M/DG
SC CT Tour NP2 Custom
Pro V1

#437 B-Man

B-Man

silky smooth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53884
  • Handicap:+0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

Mine arrived today and I took them out to play. I didn't even take them to the range. I just went straight out to play.....

As a fellow lefty, they look great!
Vapor Speed Driver
RBZ Stage 2 TP 14.5* FW
RBZ Stage 2 TP 21.5* Hybrid
MP-53 4-PW

Engage 52* bent to 50*
Engage 56* bent to 54*
Engage 60*
Ghost Monte Carlo

BOOM!

#438 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

View Post5yddraw, on 13 September 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

ms3 your pictures look like professional marketing shots.  

Awesome write up.

I am really hoping mine come in this week

Thanks for the kind words, my dude.

I'm the lead creative at Kronos Golf, which explains how I know how to photograph golf products. �

#439 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostBdmac79, on 13 September 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Mine are on the way.  Can confirm regarding the LZ shaft - I've been playing them in my MP 5's and they have worked quite well coming from a few sets with KBS Tours and one with AMTs.

I mean, part of me is s little curious and wonders how the C-Taper LITE S+ would perform for me in the SC's...aside from what was seeing in the fitting process.

But I just can't see them dethroning the LZ's. They just feel so effortless to load and I can feel it actually kick at impact. It's unreal.

#440 Triplesticks

Triplesticks

Rookie

• 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59907
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

I have Ctaper 120 in my SC's, absolultey in love.

View Postms3, on 13 September 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostBdmac79, on 13 September 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I mean, part of me is s little curious and wonders how the C-Taper LITE S+ would perform for me in the SC's...aside from what was seeing in the fitting process.

But I just can't see them dethroning the LZ's. They just feel so effortless to load and I can feel it actually kick at impact. It's unreal.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#441 reider69

reider69

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376572
  • Handicap:golf
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

ms3, on 13 September 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Bdmac79, on 13 September 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I play overlength 900 forged with B weight weight heads and C-Taper lite X shafts.  My swing speed with a 7 iron averages around 100 mph. I used to play the 130 gram  C-taper X.  I love the lighter C-taper kite X shaft. I didnt need it lighter but I find I use the less is more approach to swinging the club with a lighter shaft.

#442 LoveSick666

LoveSick666

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99016
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

100mph with a 7 iron? That's ridiculously fast. Lol must be noce to have 200 yards tp go and grab 7 iron

#443 therealjonzone

therealjonzone

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212011
  • Handicap:2.9
GolfWRX Likes : 615

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Ordered the Fli Hi 4 iron today with the PX 6.0

Hopefully be a better, higher launching fit than my 765 4 iron.

#444 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

Got 2 rounds in the books with them and I just want to keep playing. Getting used to the newer distances compared to what I was getting out of my Psi TOUR irons.

Again, I do believe that the Psi TOUR irons that I was fit for are not an inferior product. The iron heads themselves are great, paired with the right shaft.

But where the MP-18 SC heads outperform the Psi TOUR heads...long irons. The 3-5 irons in the MP-18 SC are ridiculously easy to hit and so forgiving. I hit a couple off-center 3-irons and they still went as if I hit them pure. Now when YOU DO hit them pure...oh...you'll know. These aren't harsh on the hands on mishits either. I think that's something you'll get more out of the blade.

Here are a few more photos. I know my fellow southpaws will appreciate them.

Who else has gotten theirs? What are your thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0383.jpg
  • IMG_0330.jpg
  • IMG_0332.jpg
  • IMG_0336.jpg
  • IMG_0351.jpg
  • IMG_0350.jpg
  • IMG_0354.jpg
  • IMG_0399.jpg
  • IMG_0411.jpg
  • IMG_0385.jpg

#445 tyro

tyro

Major Winner

• 1,373 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176856
GolfWRX Likes : 546

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

ms3, on 13 September 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Bdmac79, on 13 September 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I was fit into the C Taper Lite X-Stiff by the Mizuno shaft optimizer, but it never showed the LZ 6.5 as an option.  I have owned clubs with the C Taper Lite Stiff and the LX 6.0, so your post makes with think I might need to try the LZ 6.5.  I wonder how the LZ 6.5 would compare for my swing.  I'll try to test them before I order.  The other shaft that was suggested was the Modus 120X, which didn't give me as tight dispersion as the CTL X.

I need to go ahead and order so I can get them before Christmas!  :)

Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5* - Matrix Black Tie
Taylormade 2017 M1 - UST Elements
Ping i20 20*
Ping i200 4-U - DG 120 S400 TI
Vokey SM4 54 & SM6 60
Odyssey Tour Issue Butane #7 & Cameron 009 Tour Proto

#446 kooch1221

kooch1221

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1386
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

ms3, on 13 September 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Got 2 rounds in the books with them and I just want to keep playing. Getting used to the newer distances compared to what I was getting out of my Psi TOUR irons.

Again, I do believe that the Psi TOUR irons that I was fit for are not an inferior product. The iron heads themselves are great, paired with the right shaft.

But where the MP-18 SC heads outperform the Psi TOUR heads...long irons. The 3-5 irons in the MP-18 SC are ridiculously easy to hit and so forgiving. I hit a couple off-center 3-irons and they still went as if I hit them pure. Now when YOU DO hit them pure...oh...you'll know. These aren't harsh on the hands on mishits either. I think that's something you'll get more out of the blade.

I thought Project X LZ 6.5 was a 125 gram shaft. Stickers on  yours say 115g?

#447 ms3

ms3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

kooch1221, on 14 September 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

ms3, on 13 September 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

I thought Project X LZ 6.5 was a 125 gram shaft. Stickers on  yours say 115g?

That's what I thought as well. I sent them an email about it and have yet to hear back. Other than that, they seem to be performing well.

#448 Warrick

Warrick

Hall of Fame

• 6,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
GolfWRX Likes : 3515

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

wow, that is the weight of the 5.5's, interested to hear the response on this one.
GBB Epic 9* - HZRDUS T800-55 - 46" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - HZRDUS T800-65
Epic 3H - Recoil
Epic 4H - Recoil
Mizuno JPX 900F - Modus3 Tour125
Mizuno T7 - 50-54-58 - Modus3 Tour125
Custom O Works Tank V-Line-s

#449 jrshelby

jrshelby

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121122
  • Ebay ID:Juniorshelby
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:52 AM

Warrick, on 14 September 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

wow, that is the weight of the 5.5's, interested to hear the response on this one.
Ya thats extremely odd as I've had LZ 6.0 saying 120 Gram and 6.5 LZ saying 125 gram!

917 D3 8.5° Rogue Silver 125 MSI 70 TX
917 F3 15° Rogue Silver 125 MSI 80 TX
2016 Newport 2

#450 Warrick

Warrick

Hall of Fame

• 6,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
GolfWRX Likes : 3515

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

I just got another full new set of the 900F and T7's with the PX LZ 6.5, excited to see how they perform against the Modus 125.

I am shocked I was able to refrain from a new MP18 combo set, such a Mizuno iron junkie the last 4-5 years.  I just can't argue with what works, best golf of my life this year.

That is not to say I am still not thinking of 5-7 MMC and 8-P SC ( 1* strong).

GBB Epic 9* - HZRDUS T800-55 - 46" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - HZRDUS T800-65
Epic 3H - Recoil
Epic 4H - Recoil
Mizuno JPX 900F - Modus3 Tour125
Mizuno T7 - 50-54-58 - Modus3 Tour125
Custom O Works Tank V-Line-s

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

balata_bill, kidcardio, boycer11, kap10, Fn3Putt, ohiohunter2

GolfWRX Sponsors