3 Woods: What works for you?
Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM
Check out the 1st or 2nd page of the equipment section in which you're in. Plenty of 3wood talk.
Edited by BearQ, 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.
Callaway XR 3Deep 14* -- Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15 DF (3i) -- Nippon SPB X
Srixon Z945 (4-P) -- Nippon SPB X
Titleist SM4 raw | 48F 53M 58M -- Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"
Reserves: Titleist 915 FD 18* -- Tour AD TP 8X
Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:15 AM
V Steel as a backup,stock shaft so far.
The Burner has a GDI Tour AD BB 6S in it so i bought the shaft....great for $40us i thought.
The TM200 is the classic failsafe off fairway or Tee when things are looking tight !!
I'm hoping i don't have to change Parents, Coach, Caddy and Irons this year !!!
Titleist 905R YS6
TM Burner 2008 3 wood with......GDI AD BB 6S Sweet Club..Smooth !
TM V Steel 5 and 7 woods
Irons 2009 Callaway X Forged 4 to PW Yes, 0.370 inch P Tip PX 6.5 flighted.
SM5 48F 54F 60M
ClevelandMallet C S Milled at 35inches
Best Bag i ever had.....
Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:39 AM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:51 AM
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw Forged 52°/56° DG Tour Issue S400; Vokey Low-Bounce K-Grind 60° DG Tour Issue S400
TaylorMade JD Spider
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:00 AM
FW Wood----------Ping G 15*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Tour Issue X100
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Tour Issue X100s
Putter----------------Ping Oslo (Ping Nome TR as backup), 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X
Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:37 AM
TM M1 15* (2016) Fuji Pro - S
W/S D100 19*/22* Matrix Ozik Altus - S
Maltby KE4 Tour 5-P KBS Tour 105 - S
Maltby MG Tour 52/56/60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 - S
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:28 PM
Taylormade M1 9.5* - Blueboard S+ 73X
PIng G30 3 Wood - Stock TFC 419F
PIng G30 5 Wood - Stock TFC 419F
Taylormade M2 2017 Irons - 4-AW
Vokey SM6 Black - 58*-08M
Vokey SM6 Black - 62*-08M (custom bent to 64*)
Taylormade Spider Black Tour Putter - Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:32 PM
Ive hit everything else that I can get my lefty hands on - nothing beats it. Steady Eddy club.
G25 3w - UST Silver 7s
RBZ 19* - UST Silver 7s
Apex CF16 5i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565 6-PW - Project X 5.5
PXG 49 Project X 5.5
SM5 54, 58 - Rifle 6.0
SM5 62 - S400
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:43 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:19 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:10 PM
Taylormade RBZ Stage2 15*
Taylormade RBZ hybrids 19* & 22*
Mizuno JPX825 4/GW
Cleveland TA900 56*
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:50 PM
You can always send it in to Continental golf and get it re-painted.
TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
Ping G irons 4-UW
Nike VR 56*
Nike VR 60*
Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
Ping 4 Under carry bag
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:52 PM
Best I've owned by a mile.
- Ping G400 LST 7.5* w/ Graphite Design AD DI 7X
- Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/ Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
- Titleist 712u 3i w/ Nippon Modus3 130X
- Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-7 w/ Project X LZ 6.5
- Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 8-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.5
- Titleist Vokey SM6 52* F w/ DG Wedge
- Titleist Vokey SM4 56/60 w/ DG Wedge
- Scotty Cameron Select Newport
- Nike Rzn Tour Dot Platinum
- Nike Sport Hybrid Stand Bag
Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:12 PM
TM V Steel 15* Speeder 757x
Baffler F6 hybrid 19* tour green 85x
Ping I20 irons 4-U x100
Cleveland 797 nickel 56*
Callaway PM Grind 60*
OG White Hot #3
Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:11 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:13 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:49 PM
Cobra F7 3 wood
Ping G 7 wood
Cobra Utility Iron
Ping G Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 54,58
Callaway sure out 58
Scotty Cameron M2
Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:31 PM
Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell+ 15* Stiff
3 Hybrid: Cobra Bio Cell 19* Stiff
4-PW: Cobra Fly-Z + DG X100
52* : Cobra Tour Trusty Rusty
56*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
60*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball Mallet
Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:55 AM
hybrid - Callaway Xhot Pro 16/20 degrees
Irons - 3-pw Wilson FG Tour
wedges Mizuno MP-T4 56 & 60. Mizuno MP-T5 - 50
putter - Ping Anser Milled #6
need to spend more range time to hit MP-68 again
Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:11 AM
You can hit it anywhere on the face and it goes
TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW DGX100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore
Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X
Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400
Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0
Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:54 AM
Can just agree with you here, when searching for a new three wood a couple of years ago I prety much tested/looked at all alternatives available back then. It came down to either the Callaway or Titleist F-model due to both presenting a nice compact, open head. The Callaway had a more muted sound which I prefer aswell as tighter dispersion. Still loving the club! Easy to launch off fairway/decent rough lies and a monster off tee. Don't really see what could make me look for a new three wood at the moment, more length would just create an unmotivated gap in the bag.
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Diamana Kai'li 70
Ping i20 Hybrid 20° Ping 707H
Callaway X20 Tour 4-PW Project X Flighted 6.0
Mizuno T5 52° & 56° True Temper Gold S300
Nike Method Core 01W
Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:25 AM
1. Tour Edge Exotics EX9 or 10- silly hot face, accurate, great weight, QC is on point (number one non sponsored club in tour pros bags). Only used the stock shaft and was pretty happy with the results. Spin is a big higher than ideal but it's not a killer. This thing was carrying 265 for me and I was carrying my driver on average 275 so I had to keep it out of the bag or I'd be like Phil at the Open.
2. Taylormade M1 2016 model- really fast face and workable plus tons of shafts are available to try. Personal favorite is the AD-MT. I hit my 3 wood almost as far as a driver so I went with 5 wood lofted down instead.
3. Adams XTD- the most recent one with the adjustable hosel. This was one MEAN fairway wood. It would do everything you could ask from it. Basically for me, it was a mini driver that I could hit well off the deck and work either direction. Paired it with their stock red tie shaft and that worked well. Then tossed an Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT in it and it would carry 245 and run like Usain Bolt! Price can't be beat on them now either if that's a factor. Only hang up would be the slot on the top of the head. But honestly, you get used to it really quick when you launch a 3 wood and it comes off like a cannon.
4. Ping G30- great looking club and big sweet spot. Can cut through rough if you need to get home in 2 on a par 5 after a less than ideal tee shot. Decent spin, feel of the face is responsive but not harsh, I only used the stock shaft and was pleasantly surprised by it. Not a favorable shaft if you have a quick transition.
5. Titleist 915 FD 13.5- low spin monster ideal off tees on shorter par 4's. Not the easiest to get to stop on par 5 greens. Hot face with a good face height for multiple lies. I have mine set up with AD-MT and love it for courses that call for something less than 275 off the tee but 220 isn't enough.
6. Shocker of the bunch here and a bit of a throwback...Ping Anser!!! This thing was ahead of its time! Long, low spin, accurate, adjustable, clean look, decent stock shaft. Really flew under the radar but man if they re-released it, I bet it would be a bigger hit than the first time around. Because of the low spin, I'd stay away from it if you're looking for something into par 5 greens.
Taylormade M1 460 10.5 down 2 notches set to stun Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
Taylormade M1 5 wood Fujikura Pro 70s
Ping Anser 20 VTS Silver 100x
Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW DG S300
Fourteen DJ-11 50
Nike Engage 60 Dual Grind
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag
Nike Vapor Speed w/ Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Elements Chrome 7F4T
Adams red 20 Matrix Ozik Altus 80s
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW DG S200
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Edel Torque Balanced E-2
Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:47 AM
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Project X pxv 6.0
Cobra S2 Forged 3-PW Nippon NSPro1130 Tour
Cobra King PUR 50°V-54.5°V DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 59° DG S300
Wilson Staff 8802 Milled 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft
Lamkin UTX Midsize
Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:11 AM
Cobra f6 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Tour Green 75TX
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users