3 Woods: What works for you?
Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM
Check out the 1st or 2nd page of the equipment section in which you're in. Plenty of 3wood talk.
Edited by BearQ, 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.
Callaway XR 3Deep 14* -- Tour AD TP 8X
Callaway X Forged UT 18* -- tbd
Srixon Z945 (4-P) -- Nippon SPB X
Titleist SM4 raw | 48F 54M 58M -- Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black
Swaps: Titleist 915FD 5w 18* -- Tour AD TP 8X // Bridgestone J15DF 3i 19* -- Nippon SPB X // Mizuno H4 3i -- tbd
Titleist 712U 4i -- Nippon SPB X // Nike VR Forged | 55* 60* -- KBS 610 S+
Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:15 AM
V Steel as a backup,stock shaft so far.
The Burner has a GDI Tour AD BB 6S in it so i bought the shaft....great for $40us i thought.
The TM200 is the classic failsafe off fairway or Tee when things are looking tight !!
Cleveland 400CC 10.5 , home respray, at 44, stock 55R gold !!
TM 200 3 wood Diamana Redboard, had this 4 years.......
TM V Steel 5 wood
Mizuno MP 60 and DG S 300 9 8 7 6 5 4 Irons
Shafts pulled, spine aligned, getting all to D3 minimum and fresh Titleist GP TV grips all at 47 grams
Sorted here for 2018 ???
Wedges Vokey SM2 52 and 58 pair
Cleveland Mallet CS CC5.5 PP58 grip
Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:39 AM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:51 AM
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
PXG 0311X 1 Iron Accra Tour 100i
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
Ping Anser TR1966
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:00 AM
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X
Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:37 AM
Ping G400 15* - Alta - S
Ping G400 19*/22* - Alta - S
W/S FG62 5-P - DGS 300
W/S FG Tour PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:28 PM
Taylormade 2017 M1 8.5* - Blueboard S+ 60X
Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 14* (3 wood) - Aldila NV 75S
Taylormade 2017 M1 5 wood - Blueboard S+ 70S
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron - Whiteboard D+ 90 Hy S
Taylormade M2 2017 Irons, True Temper Black Gold shafts - 5-PW
Cleveland CBX 50*
Cleveland CBX 56*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Taylormade Spider Black Tour Putter (Labworx Custom) - Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:32 PM
Ive hit everything else that I can get my lefty hands on - nothing beats it. Steady Eddy club.
G25 3w - UST Silver 7s
RBZ 19* - UST Silver 8s
Apex CF16 5i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565 6-PW - Project X 5.5
RTX3 CB 50 - Project X 5.5
SM5 54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:43 PM
Fly Eagles Fly
Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:19 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:10 PM
Ping Anser 4 wood 16.5*
Ping G20 Hybrid 20*
Ping G20 Hybrid 23*
Ping Eye 2 Plus 4 thru SW
Ping Eye 2 SW
Ping O Blade
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:50 PM
You can always send it in to Continental golf and get it re-painted.
TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
Ping G irons 4-UW
Nike VR 56*
Nike VR 60*
Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
Ping 4 Under carry bag
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:52 PM
Best I've owned by a mile.
Taylormade M2 15* w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
Taylormade P730 4-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Vokey Raw SM6 52/56/60 w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Jones x Greyson Stand Bag
Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:12 PM
TM V Steel 15* Speeder 757x
Baffler F6 hybrid 19* tour green 85x
Ping I20 irons 4-U x100
Cleveland 797 nickel 56*
Callaway PM Grind 60*
OG White Hot #3
Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:11 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:13 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:49 PM
Cobra F7 3 wood
Ping G 7 wood
Cobra Utility Iron
Ping G Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 54,58
Callaway sure out 58
Scotty Cameron M2
Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:31 PM
Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell+ 15* Stiff
3 Hybrid: Cobra Bio Cell 19* Stiff
4-PW: Cobra Fly-Z + DG X100
52* : Cobra Tour Trusty Rusty
56*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
60*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball Mallet
Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:55 AM
fairway - Ping I25 18 degree 5 wood
hybrid - Ben Hogan VKTR 19 & 23
Irons - Mizuno MP68 3-PW
wedges Mizuno MP-T5 50-58
putter - Ping Sigma G Doon
Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:11 AM
You can hit it anywhere on the face and it goes
TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW DGX100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore
Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X
Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400
Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0
Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:54 AM
Can just agree with you here, when searching for a new three wood a couple of years ago I prety much tested/looked at all alternatives available back then. It came down to either the Callaway or Titleist F-model due to both presenting a nice compact, open head. The Callaway had a more muted sound which I prefer aswell as tighter dispersion. Still loving the club! Easy to launch off fairway/decent rough lies and a monster off tee. Don't really see what could make me look for a new three wood at the moment, more length would just create an unmotivated gap in the bag.
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Diamana Kai'li 70
Ping i20 Hybrid 20° Ping 707H
Callaway X20 Tour 4-PW Project X Flighted 6.0
Mizuno T5 52° & 56° True Temper Gold S300
Nike Method Core 01W
Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:25 AM
1. Tour Edge Exotics EX9 or 10- silly hot face, accurate, great weight, QC is on point (number one non sponsored club in tour pros bags). Only used the stock shaft and was pretty happy with the results. Spin is a big higher than ideal but it's not a killer. This thing was carrying 265 for me and I was carrying my driver on average 275 so I had to keep it out of the bag or I'd be like Phil at the Open.
2. Taylormade M1 2016 model- really fast face and workable plus tons of shafts are available to try. Personal favorite is the AD-MT. I hit my 3 wood almost as far as a driver so I went with 5 wood lofted down instead.
3. Adams XTD- the most recent one with the adjustable hosel. This was one MEAN fairway wood. It would do everything you could ask from it. Basically for me, it was a mini driver that I could hit well off the deck and work either direction. Paired it with their stock red tie shaft and that worked well. Then tossed an Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT in it and it would carry 245 and run like Usain Bolt! Price can't be beat on them now either if that's a factor. Only hang up would be the slot on the top of the head. But honestly, you get used to it really quick when you launch a 3 wood and it comes off like a cannon.
4. Ping G30- great looking club and big sweet spot. Can cut through rough if you need to get home in 2 on a par 5 after a less than ideal tee shot. Decent spin, feel of the face is responsive but not harsh, I only used the stock shaft and was pleasantly surprised by it. Not a favorable shaft if you have a quick transition.
5. Titleist 915 FD 13.5- low spin monster ideal off tees on shorter par 4's. Not the easiest to get to stop on par 5 greens. Hot face with a good face height for multiple lies. I have mine set up with AD-MT and love it for courses that call for something less than 275 off the tee but 220 isn't enough.
6. Shocker of the bunch here and a bit of a throwback...Ping Anser!!! This thing was ahead of its time! Long, low spin, accurate, adjustable, clean look, decent stock shaft. Really flew under the radar but man if they re-released it, I bet it would be a bigger hit than the first time around. Because of the low spin, I'd stay away from it if you're looking for something into par 5 greens.
Taylormade M1 460 10.5 -1 deg Matrix Ozik TP6HDe OR Mizuno JPX-900 Speeder Evo II 757x
Taylormade M1 5 wood Fujikura Pro 70s
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Accra 95 stiff
Adams MB2 GW
Nike Engage 60 Dual Grind
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag
Nike Vapor Speed w/ Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
Adams XTD ti 5 wood AD-TP 7x
Adams red 20 Matrix Ozik Altus 80s
Callaway Apex Pro 2014 KBS Tour V X flex
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky
Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:47 AM
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Project X pxv 6.0
Cobra S2 Forged 3-PW Nippon NSPro1130 Tour
Cobra King PUR 50°V-54.5°V DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 59° DG S300
Wilson Staff 8802 Milled 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft
Lamkin UTX Midsize
Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:11 AM
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users