3 Woods: What works for you?
Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM
Check out the 1st or 2nd page of the equipment section in which you're in. Plenty of 3wood talk.
Edited by BearQ, 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.
Rogue SZ 3+ -- Diamana B 80X or XR 3Deep -- Tour AD TP 8X
P790 UDI (2) -- Black Tie HM4 105X or X Forged UT (2) -- Tour Green 105TX
Srixon Z945 (4-P) -- Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged (lofts vary) -- Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black 34"
Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:15 AM
V Steel as a backup,stock shaft so far.
The Burner has a GDI Tour AD BB 6S in it so i bought the shaft....great for $40us i thought.
The TM200 is the classic failsafe off fairway or Tee when things are looking tight !!
Ping i15 11 degrees Ping G30 LS at 10 and an Original G5 PLBlue 10.5 ..again!!
Callaway X Hot 5 wood at 19 Tour Blue 60R
TEE XCG6 4 wood 16.5
Mizuno MP37 4 to PW (47) now with DGS200 BUT DG R300 spare set ready!!
Vokey 54/10 S SM6 Vokey 60/11 K SM5 now raw
Titleist Scotty Mid Slant Pro Platinum at 35.
Sorted in Driver/Putter/Wedge/Irons dept !!
Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:39 AM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:51 AM
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
PXG 0317 18° Accra FX300H X-Flex
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Odyssey 2-Ball Slant Neck Custom
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:00 AM
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X
Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:37 AM
TM tour issue M1 15* (2016) - Maltby MPF Series FW - S
Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Blk Hy80 - S
W/S FG62 5-P DGS300
W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Scotty Newport Pro Platinum Mil-Spec
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:28 PM
Ping G30 8.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
Exotics EX9 Long 15* - Diamana S+ 60s
Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Diamana Whiteboard 65s
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron - Diamana D+ 90 Hy S
Taylormade M1 21* Hybrid
Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:32 PM
Ive hit everything else that I can get my lefty hands on - nothing beats it. Steady Eddy club.
G25 3w - UST Silver 7s
Callaway UT 19* - UST Utility Proto 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
'17 Pro V1x
Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:43 PM
Bag under construction(Fit @ TXG)
Super Bowl LII Champions
Fly Eagles Fly
Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:19 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:10 PM
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 wood 15*
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 19*
Cleveland 588 TT 4/PW
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54* & 58*
YES! Callie f
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:50 PM
You can always send it in to Continental golf and get it re-painted.
TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
Ping G irons 4-UW
Nike VR 56*
Nike VR 60*
Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
Ping 4 Under carry bag
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:52 PM
Best I've owned by a mile.
Taylormade M2 Deep Face 3HL + Diamana D+ 80X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i + Graphite Design AD 95X
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW + DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/56M w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Titleist Vokey SM6 60S* w/ DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
Vice Pro Plus
Jones x Greyson Bag
Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:12 PM
TM V Steel 15* Speeder 757x
Baffler F6 hybrid 19* tour green 85x
Ping I20 irons 4-U x100
Cleveland 797 nickel 56*
Callaway PM Grind 60*
OG White Hot #3
Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:11 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:13 PM
Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:49 PM
TEE EX10 4 wood
Srixon H65 Hybrid
Srixon U65 3,4 Irons
Srixon 565 Irons
Ping Glide Stealth wedges 50,54,58
Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:31 PM
Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 9.5*
3 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell+ 15*
3 Hybrid: Cobra Bio Cell 19*
4-PW: Cobra Fly-Z +
52* : Cobra Tour Trusty Rusty
56*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
60*: Callaway MD3 Milled Matte Black S-Grind
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball Mallet
Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:55 AM
fairway - Ping I25 18 degree 5 wood
hybrid - Ben Hogan VKTR 19 & 23
Irons - Mizuno MP68 3-PW
wedges Mizuno MP-T5 50-58
putter - Ping Sigma G Doon
Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:11 AM
You can hit it anywhere on the face and it goes
TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW DGX100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore
Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X
Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400
Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0
Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:54 AM
Can just agree with you here, when searching for a new three wood a couple of years ago I prety much tested/looked at all alternatives available back then. It came down to either the Callaway or Titleist F-model due to both presenting a nice compact, open head. The Callaway had a more muted sound which I prefer aswell as tighter dispersion. Still loving the club! Easy to launch off fairway/decent rough lies and a monster off tee. Don't really see what could make me look for a new three wood at the moment, more length would just create an unmotivated gap in the bag.
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Diamana Kai'li 70
Ping i20 Hybrid 20° Ping 707H
Callaway X20 Tour 4-PW Project X Flighted 6.0
Mizuno T5 52° & 56° True Temper Gold S300
Nike Method Core 01W
Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:25 AM
1. Tour Edge Exotics EX9 or 10- silly hot face, accurate, great weight, QC is on point (number one non sponsored club in tour pros bags). Only used the stock shaft and was pretty happy with the results. Spin is a big higher than ideal but it's not a killer. This thing was carrying 265 for me and I was carrying my driver on average 275 so I had to keep it out of the bag or I'd be like Phil at the Open.
2. Taylormade M1 2016 model- really fast face and workable plus tons of shafts are available to try. Personal favorite is the AD-MT. I hit my 3 wood almost as far as a driver so I went with 5 wood lofted down instead.
3. Adams XTD- the most recent one with the adjustable hosel. This was one MEAN fairway wood. It would do everything you could ask from it. Basically for me, it was a mini driver that I could hit well off the deck and work either direction. Paired it with their stock red tie shaft and that worked well. Then tossed an Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT in it and it would carry 245 and run like Usain Bolt! Price can't be beat on them now either if that's a factor. Only hang up would be the slot on the top of the head. But honestly, you get used to it really quick when you launch a 3 wood and it comes off like a cannon.
4. Ping G30- great looking club and big sweet spot. Can cut through rough if you need to get home in 2 on a par 5 after a less than ideal tee shot. Decent spin, feel of the face is responsive but not harsh, I only used the stock shaft and was pleasantly surprised by it. Not a favorable shaft if you have a quick transition.
5. Titleist 915 FD 13.5- low spin monster ideal off tees on shorter par 4's. Not the easiest to get to stop on par 5 greens. Hot face with a good face height for multiple lies. I have mine set up with AD-MT and love it for courses that call for something less than 275 off the tee but 220 isn't enough.
6. Shocker of the bunch here and a bit of a throwback...Ping Anser!!! This thing was ahead of its time! Long, low spin, accurate, adjustable, clean look, decent stock shaft. Really flew under the radar but man if they re-released it, I bet it would be a bigger hit than the first time around. Because of the low spin, I'd stay away from it if you're looking for something into par 5 greens.
Taylormade M4 9.5 Matrix Ozik TP6HDe
Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7S
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Nike Engage 60 Dual Grind
Toulon San Diego CB
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
Adams XTD ti 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky
Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:47 AM
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Project X pxv 6.0
Cobra S2 Forged 3-PW Nippon NSPro1130 Tour
Cobra King PUR 50°V-54.5°V DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 59° DG S300
Wilson Staff 8802 Milled 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft
Lamkin UTX Midsize
Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:11 AM
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users