Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Doc's Trouble makers Part deux

tommy armour 845s cleveland classic rifle nike callaway matrix Ping hoofer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 endurancechiro

endurancechiro

The man with the Iron Thumbs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189796
  • Handicap:~15
  • Ebay ID:chirotennis
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

NEW UPDATES SEPTEMBER 2017!
After going back to the old school with the irons, I've been able to tinker a little with the long and short ends of the bag.  The Rifles have done their job and the ball flight is much better than before, really liking the wind resistance with the lower flight!

Starting at the top end of the bag, I am still hanging with the Cleveland Classic 290, the biggest difference is after getting fitted, I switched away from the stock ultralight shaft and went to a Fujikura Vista Pro x-stiff.  This shaft reigned in my misses quite a bit after extensive testing, and didn't sacrifice any distance!
FullSizeRender-6.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Shaft UPDATE!
The 3 wood and hybrid have remained the same for now.  I don't see the heads going anywhere, the original 3deep is still one of the hottest 3 woods I've seen, and the feel of the old nike VRS just stick with me.  I switched out the hybrid shaft to a xstiff Matrix altus and man does this thing fly (gone are the ballooning issues with the too light Fubuki).  The 3w should be getting a new shaft to match up with the Driver and hybrid as soon as I find one that works. All of the woods and hybrids are covered in Stitch Leather head covers and these things are fantastically made.
FullSizeRender-5.jpg
IMG_3765.JPG
IMG_4292.JPG

The irons are the biggest shift in the bag, after 2 years of working with the Adams CB3's, my old TA 845s Silver Scots have worked their way back in the bag!  Trying to chase down an optimal ball flight (My launch is way too high), I bought some Rifle 6.0's that were soft stepped into the 4-GW heads.  Luckily, I also still have the original 2i (which has been shafted with the 85g Fubuki from the 3hybrid), 3i, 56*, and 60* that matches the TA set!  A set of Golf Pride NDMC midsize grips help round out the set.
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
IMG_3753.JPG
IMG_3754.JPG

WEDGE CHANGES!
The bottom of the bag has been switched up getting rid of the Maltby Tricept wedges, just couldn't get the consistency I was looking for (likely more of a shaft fit issue, they had the xcalibur graphite wedge shafts and it felt a little different each swing).  After some research and talking with people here, I came across a phenomenal deal through Global Golf on a brand new Nike engage dual grind 58*, paired with the 52* GW from the 845s set, they seem to be a winning combo.
IMG_4293.JPG

And the flat stick isn't going anywhere, the Odyssey Protype milled black has been a staple for quite a while and it still gets the job done, for the most part (operator error is a big problem).
IMG_3760.JPG
IMG_3759.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG

SWEET BAG CHANGE!
These sweet things are being carried around in a new 2017 Camo Ping Hoofer bag, really a great upgrade to the True bag.  I'll miss the easy carry of the True, but the extra storage, adjustability, and durability are a welcome addition.
IMG_4288.JPG

Edited by endurancechiro, 30 September 2017 - 10:42 PM.

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB  Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 llamont

llamont

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23304
  • Ebay ID:llamont123
GolfWRX Likes : 427

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

Awesome clubs and bag...  How is the offset in your irons?
Driver:  Ping G30 9*
3 Wood:  Ping G30 14.5*
Hybrid 2:  Cleveland Classic 18*
Hybrid 4:  Cleveland Classic 23*
Irons: TMag SpeedBlade HL 5-GW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 54* / 58*
Putter:  Cleveland HB 1i 35" w/ SuperStroke Slim 1.0

#3 endurancechiro

endurancechiro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

View Postllamont, on 05 August 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Awesome clubs and bag...  How is the offset in your irons?
Standard for the TA's, not too bad.  I don't like the crazy offset you see in the new GI and SGI irons out there, I feel like it messes with my eyeline and makes me alter my swing.  Probably just a mental thing, but it's a mental game you know.
a good day at work!
WITB  Link

#4 endurancechiro

endurancechiro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

BAG UPDATE 9/17
a good day at work!
WITB  Link

#5 DancingShadows

DancingShadows

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443570
  • Ebay ID:DavisSexton
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Sweet bag man, I dig the older irons. Stick with what works. Post a pic of the 2i you mentioned. Hit em well!

#6 endurancechiro

endurancechiro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

View PostDancingShadows, on 01 October 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Sweet bag man, I dig the older irons. Stick with what works. Post a pic of the 2i you mentioned. Hit em well!
IMG_4305.JPG IMG_4306.JPG
a good day at work!
WITB  Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors