Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2017-18 NFL Thread

86 replies to this topic

#31 CrabDaddy

CrabDaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345287
GolfWRX Likes : 3012

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

About 6 hours until week 3 kicks off. Looks like a good week to watch the Tour Championship, lol. Not many interesting matchups - partly because it's so early in the season, but partly because of (seemingly) uneven matchups.

I like the Rams tonight. If they are going to be my dark horse coming out of the NFC West, this is the kind of game they need to win - take care of business vs a poor team on the road.

NO (0-2) vs Carolina (2-0). Carolina has given up only 6 pts this season. Is that a reflection of how good their D is or how anemic their opponents were? Drew Brees answers that question. I think Carolina, at home, comes out on top.

Cleveland (0-2) vs Indy (0-2). Just kidding. Outside of the people living in the 300 mile space between these cities, nobody cares. ...plus the folks unfortunate enough to pick up TY Hilton for their fantasy football team.

Atlanta (2-0) vs Detroit (2-0). The only matchup of undefeated teams in Week 3! ... or is that Weak 3?  Eventhough the Falcons have to venture away from their fancy new stadium, I don't see the Lions, who set the standard for mediocrity, pulling off the upset.

KC (2-0) vs SD (1-1) could be an entertaining game. I see Alex Smith managing the hell out of this game, getting the ball to big time weapons at RB, TE, and WR.  I like the Chiefs, but it's the kind of game that the Chargers could lead well into the 4th qtr before Rivers throws an interception deep in his own territory.

Raiders (2-0) vs Wash (1-1). Tough to travel coast to coast, so a matchup on paper I give to the Raiders hands down, should be a close game. Would be a nice win for the Redskins. I still think the Raiders come out on top.

Bonus analysis: Ravens (2-0) vs Jaguars (1-1). Ravens inhabit every temperate continent on Earth. Jaguars are only found in Mexico and Central America. Familiarity with climate and habitat gives the advantage to the Ravens, plus the Jags may be thrown off by the public address announcer adding a syllable to Jag-U-ars.

Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
TEE XCG 14* Motore Speeder
Ping i15 19*, 23* hy TFC800
Mizuno MP62 5-PW KBS Tour
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9753

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:22 AM

Haha, Jag-U-ahs! I don't understand why football, real football, hasn't caught on in Britland/Europe. Sissies. They better get on board before football fades away or becomes unrecognizable from what we know today.

There was a great podcast on the origins of American football on Radiolab. Fascinating. Go Carlisle University and Native Americans and Pop Warner!
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#33 touch

touch

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25409
GolfWRX Likes : 652

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

Jag-u-ars and the incorrect pronunciation by the PA announcer!
There gentleman is a Crab gem early in the season on this fine thread.

Thanks Raven Fan.
Driver -Taylor Made JetSpeed
Fairway Woods - Adams Super S , PING i20
Hybrid - PING Raptor
Irons - PING i5
Wedges- TMade RAC TP(gap) Vokey (sand) TMade RACTP (lob)
Putter - Odyssey

#34 knock it close

knock it close

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5224

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hate Denver having to go east to play early against the Bills coming off a big win with Oakland on deck, will probably be on the +3 or 3.5 whatever it settles at, same thought with oakland heading to washington. Like the Jags, that Yanda loss is huge for the Ravens plus they got the Steelers next week. KC lost their center, SD can't fall short again can they (its Phillip so the answer is yes) but I think they're worth a shot + and straight up. Lotta short home dogs this week.
M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

#35 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257846
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1117

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

Falcons number 4 in the power rankings is a joke

Adams Fast 12LS w/ Motore Speeder TS
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
TM RSI Tours w/ Nippon NS Pro 950
Cleveland RTX 588 52* and TM Tour Preferred 58*
Nike Method Matter B5
WITB Link

#36 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1781

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostCommerceTiger, on 22 September 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

ESPN has them ranked #1......  lol

#37 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

View Posthighergr0und, on 22 September 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

View PostCommerceTiger, on 22 September 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

ESPN has them ranked #1......  lol

I guess it was NFL.com I saw that had them at number 4. Glad to know we get some respect somewhere. Haha
Nike Method Matter B5
WITB Link

#38 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

Ummm did someone forget to tell the Ravens they are playing today??
On a side note. I had their defense on the bench first two weeks and put them in today and Jags might put 50 on them. GM of the year I am!

#39 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Well, the Lions found a new way for the refs to get them today....I'm sorry, but if the ref screws up the call and it gets reversed, I'm not clear on why the Lions should be penalized 10 seconds?  On top of that....let's say Golden Tate crossed the goal line but dropped the ball.  Is that an incomplete pass then?  By the CJ rule, it is.  So when is someone truly considered "down" after making a catch?
Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#40 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Postchickenpotpie, on 24 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Well, the Lions found a new way for the refs to get them today....I'm sorry, but if the ref screws up the call and it gets reversed, I'm not clear on why the Lions should be penalized 10 seconds?  On top of that....let's say Golden Tate crossed the goal line but dropped the ball.  Is that an incomplete pass then?  By the CJ rule, it is.  So when is someone truly considered "down" after making a catch?

So the Falcons should be penalized for getting a stop? The Lions should get to get set and at the line and the refs get in place then whistled for play and have 8 seconds? The 10 second rule came from the average time from end of play to next snap. If they can pile all the players back up and put the ball at the bottom of the pile then whistle and start the clock, pull everyone off the pile, get everyone set and get a snap off in the remaining 8 seconds, I'm good with it. But you don't penalize a team for leading by giving the team trying to come from behind the full allotment of time that a bad call was made. Then it becomes an advantage for the team trying to come back. Managing the clock and your timeouts is part of it. It sucks for the Lions but the league and owners and players hammered the rules out. Glad we're 3-0 regardless of how. And to be honest, I didn't think they'd have the cajones to change that call, even though it was correct

Edited by RookieBlue7, 24 September 2017 - 07:12 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostRookieBlue7, on 24 September 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postchickenpotpie, on 24 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

So the Falcons should be penalized for getting a stop? The Lions should get to get set and at the line and the refs get in place then whistled for play and have 8 seconds? The 10 second rule came from the average time from end of play to next snap. If they can pile all the players back up and put the ball at the bottom of the pile then whistle and start the clock, pull everyone off the pile, get everyone set and get a snap off in the remaining 8 seconds, I'm good with it. But you don't penalize a team for leading by giving the team trying to come from behind the full allotment of time that a bad call was made. Then it becomes an advantage for the team trying to come back. Managing the clock and your timeouts is part of it. It sucks for the Lions but the league and owners and players hammered the rules out. Glad we're 3-0 regardless of how. And to be honest, I didn't think they'd have the cajones to change that call, even though it was correct

Except that the Lions moved 27 yards in 7 seconds last year against Minnesota, so it is possible.  That notwithstanding, they botched the time.  When they determined he was down, they should have reset the clock to 11 seconds which is when he was actually down.  Not sure why they let it go to 8 seconds when he was already down.
Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#42 HackerDave

HackerDave

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57404
  • Handicap:11.6
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

There is so much about the "New and Improved" NFL that just turns me off.  They seem hellbent on destroying excitement in the game.  You THINK you just saw a touchdown, but you really didn't.  You have to go take a leak, maybe grab a beer and give them some time to think about it.   Maybe it was a TD, maybe it wasn't.  My favorite is when the rules expert and the announcers spend minutes looking at it and none of them knows if its a score or not.

In the Detroit game, if the league is going to review EVERY scoring play, you should not punish the team that thought they scored only to have it overturned by taking time off the clock.  Neither team had any timeouts.  The league stopped the game, not the Lions or Falcons.   Its a dumb rule, but I think most of the reviews are dumb.   I would rather be mad about a bad call on the field rather than a stupid rule that they "experts" can't figure out.   And don't get me started on that stupid "Completion of the process" garbage.   They really are ruining the game in my opinion.  I know I watch MUCH less than I did in the past.  Its just not exciting.

#43 2putttom

2putttom

# 1 Oregon Duck fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3697

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

what the hell is goin on with the Raiders!  

I'll tell ya      .   NOTHING!
Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

#44 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9753

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostHackerDave, on 24 September 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

There is so much about the "New and Improved" NFL that just turns me off.  They seem hellbent on destroying excitement in the game.  You THINK you just saw a touchdown, but you really didn't.  You have to go take a leak, maybe grab a beer and give them some time to think about it.   Maybe it was a TD, maybe it wasn't.  My favorite is when the rules expert and the announcers spend minutes looking at it and none of them knows if its a score or not.

In the Detroit game, if the league is going to review EVERY scoring play, you should not punish the team that thought they scored only to have it overturned by taking time off the clock.  Neither team had any timeouts.  The league stopped the game, not the Lions or Falcons.   Its a dumb rule, but I think most of the reviews are dumb.   I would rather be mad about a bad call on the field rather than a stupid rule that they "experts" can't figure out.   And don't get me started on that stupid "Completion of the process" garbage.   They really are ruining the game in my opinion.  I know I watch MUCH less than I did in the past.  Its just not exciting.

Sterling Sheppard scored a TD for the Giants, both feet in, control of the ball all the way, then hit the ground OB and the ball popped out but his knee and elbow hit the ground first. They called incomplete I guess because of the 'continuation' rule, but why shouldn't the play be over as soon as any part of his body touches the ground? I can't keep up with the new rules they invent.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#45 touch

touch

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Thanks Redskins. It's been a while since I've seen such a performance by the burgundy and gold.
Do it in prime time? Only sweeter.

HTTR

Edited by touch, 24 September 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Hybrid - PING Raptor
Irons - PING i5
Putter - Odyssey

#46 GwrxMod

GwrxMod

Tour Winner

• Marshals
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

Topic cleaned up.

Keep responses on topic about football only.

#47 CrabDaddy

CrabDaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

Week 3 was a better slate of games than they looked to be on paper.
Filed under 'Never saw it coming':
80 pts from Rams-49ers
Bears, Bills upsets
Texans scoring 33 pts vs NE ... didn't think they'd score 33 pts this season.
High scoring game between Browns-Colts
Colts and Vikes winning with backup QBs
Redskins dominating Raiders. They're a fun team to watch, playing like that.

Filed under 'Business as usual':
Brady throws a TD in last 2 minutes of game for the W.
Rodgers leads a Packer comeback.
Heartbreak for the Lions. Wow! That was close - not sure how the refs changed the call on the field.

Patriots are giving up, a league worst, 461 yds/game and 31.7 pts/game!  Not a recipe for repeating as champs.
The Ravens must have gotten mixed up and started boycotting the NFL Sunday morning. :taunt:
Atlanta and KC are the only undefeated teams left! Who loses first? This week: KC vs Wash, Atlanta vs Buff
Of the 5 winless teams, I'm going to pick the Browns as the first to get in the W column.  Since they are playing the 0-3 Bengals, somebody has to win... probably.
Kareem Hunt is currently queued up as #1 pick in every 2018 fantasy draft.
Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58

#48 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

Dallas looked better last night. Got off to a terrible start didn't have the ball much in the first half but still came out on top. Young corners played really well with expection of a couple not great plays by Brown.
Lawrence has been an absolute stud so far this year. Teams are gonna have to double him which should open up some lanes for other guys.

Arizona isn't the best but any road win on prime time I will take.

Over all a great weekend of football!

#49 CrabDaddy

CrabDaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

This week looks pretty tasty - some divisional games with early season contenders, some quality inter-division and inter-conference matchups.
One of the best rivalries - Steelers vs Ravens - takes place this Sunday. The Ravens looked dreadful last week, like they had some bad bangars and mash topped off with warm beer the night before the game. Who knows what kind of performance they put on the field this week. Steelers, who also had a bad loss last week, are only averaging 69 rushing yds/game. I think Le'veon Bell gets a boatload of carries. Antonio Brown has still looked solid. I hate to say it, but I think the Steelers win this one and become the team to beat in the AFC North.

To me, the most intiguing game is St. Louis vs Dallas. The Rams have played well in all 3 of their games, and are leading the league in points scored. Dallas played OK last week vs Arizona, but their offense has not looked like the 2016 version.  If the Cowboys are going to get their running game on track, this week is an opportunity - the Rams give up a lot of yds on the ground. Are the Rams a legit contender or just the best team in a bad division? I'm going with my team of destiny, 2017-version, the LA Rams.

Carolina vs New England. New England has the best offense and the worst defense. Carolina has the best defense and the 5th worst offense. The Pats seem to have an advantage no matter the matchup, but it could be interesting. Despite being stingy on defense, the Panthers have generated only 2 turnovers so far this year. They will need some big plays if they want to avoid a 2-2 record. I like New England.  

More later...
Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58

#50 CrabDaddy

CrabDaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

Maybe not much more, LOL.
Raiders vs Broncos should be interesting. Raiders started the season picking up where they left off last year before Carr went down, but got man-handled in DC last week. A. Cooper has been invisible in the first 3 games. Denver looked great vs Dallas, but not so much vs Buffalo. CJ Andersen needs a big day. A W is big in what could be a tight race. I like the Raiders if they can get pressure on Simien.
Game of the week may be Monday night when the Missouria take on the Powhatan Nation. I like KC and their Cerberus-like attack of Hunt, Kelce, and Hill, but Wash played well on both sides of the ball last week. Should be entertaining!

Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

Who's the hott picks on DraftKings/FanDuel this weekend?? I love putting a dollar on some line ups just having something fun to do

#52 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

Did this last year and had fun with it so I'll do it again. Thanks touch for the PM!

Saints win 28-20
Falcons 30-14
Browns win 17-10
Cowboys win 24-21
Lions win 28-7. Dont know why just feel like Minnesota is overrated
Patriots bounce back after a sluggish last week 38-24
Jets win 20-17
Steelers win 31-20
Texans win 21-17
Chargers are due. They win 28-27 in a close one
Giants are due as well. 20-17
No Crabtree for Raiders so I take Denver 14-10
Seahawks suck this year, but Colts suck worse. 27-14 Seattle

Thank you for reading and good luck to all your teams unless they are the Bills.

Go Falcons!!!
Nike Method Matter B5
WITB Link

#53 touch

touch

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:59 AM

Fellow NFL fans,
Let it be known that the above post just might bring a big pile of cash into your life if you play those picks at the bettors window.
What ?you say.
I was a regular here on the NFL thread (WRX19th hole) all of last season. I am here to tell you that CommerceTiger had no competition
when it came to picks. He threw up a few plays each week and was an impressive prognosticator all year long. Hell he was white hot for I think a seven week stretch ( like 85% correct) I played his picks repeatedly and won so much cash I bought a new GTI.
His knowledge of the pro game is quite strong and it enables him to be a savvy prognosticator.
Will he repeat this year as the clear winner regarding picking NFL game winners?
I would have to predict yes. So a tip of the cap to Commerce Tiger for his impressive record last season.  

other things to note:

He is a huge Falcons fan and will show bias sometimes, so maybe be a tad extra cautious when betting an ATL game.
I think he believes Matty Ice is better the Arron "GOD" Rogers.
I was lying above in regards to winning so much cash I bought a new Volkswagen.
LOL

Thanks CommerceTiger for providing a few picks here for the fist time this season. I know I will be paying attention to your selections!

touch

Edited by touch, 01 October 2017 - 09:28 PM.

Hybrid - PING Raptor
Irons - PING i5
Putter - Odyssey

#54 knock it close

knock it close

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5224

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

I'm late but got on Miami +4
Chargers win by 6
Minn is good, they win by 4, stafford has a valiant comeback attempt but comes out short
Seahawks win in a rout, Brisset looked good last week but in Seattle at night is a completely different animal.
Broncos win comfortably, they'll move the ball against the oakland d, and as long as siemian doesn't do dumb stuff again should score regularly. Denver outgained buffalo by 100 yards last week, two horrible int's and a dumb penalty call took them out of it
Skins cover on monday

Edited by knock it close, 01 October 2017 - 09:29 AM.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

#55 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Ugly. All I can say. Ryan looked terrible after Sanu and Julio went out. Didn't look great before they went out either though

Nike Method Matter B5
WITB Link

#56 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Dallas defense lets down again.. gonna be a good 8-8 this year unless we figure something out.

#57 2putttom

2putttom

# 1 Oregon Duck fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3697

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

View Post2putttom, on 11 September 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

View Posttocino, on 07 August 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

I want one SB win while they're still the Oakland Raiders. I'd love it to be this year but there are too many unknowns regarding their defense... especially up the middle (DT's, LB's, and safeties). The offense should be pretty sick though. This is probably the best OL that Marshawn has ever ran behind in his career and even if he turns out to be too worn out to be effective, I like the Richard/Washington scatback combo with the rookie Elijah Wood being our thumper. Our passing attack should be even better with an actual pass-catching TE now (Cook from GB).
Raiders will carry their weight in the division even if it is the forth toughest schedule.
there I fixed that !
Tour Exotics E 8 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace The Little Man (google it)
Oregon Ducks Bag

#58 Qqq123xx

Qqq123xx

I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264022
  • Handicap:XX.7
GolfWRX Likes : 11451

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

View Postdevinh821, on 01 October 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Dallas defense lets down again.. gonna be a good 8-8 this year unless we figure something out.
You should check out the Pats D. At the moment Fugly city. This thurs. night game with Bucs.
Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9  4-gw. TT  reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
Nxt Tour.
Cleveland Classic #4

#59 CrabDaddy

CrabDaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

So, with the first quarter of the season completed, which of the following teams are legit playoff contenders?:

Rams - Highest scoring team in NFL. Todd Gurley playing at an elite level. Goff playing MUCH better than last year - 7 TDs, 1 INT. Nice road win vs Cowboys. Defense has been one of the worst, but should improve under Wade Phillips.

Bills - Has been one of the top rushing teams the past few years. Also, one of the worst passing teams - Taylor is not a good passer and the WRs are no threat. Scoring defense is the best in the NFL. "Upset" wins over the Broncos and the Falcons. Held the Panthers to 9 pts in their only loss.

Texans - Barely made the playoffs in a weak division last year with an anemic offense and an elite defense. They looked to be the same team this year, scoring 9 and 13 points in their 1st 2 games. Enter Deshuan Watson, and they score 33 and 57. Crazy! The division seems to be weak again, but the Texans could easily be 3-1 if not for Tom Brady doing Tom Brady things in week 3. Will Watson fall back to Earth or will the Texans run away with the division?

Panthers - They missed the playoffs last year with a 6-10 record, but already have half that win total. Wins over the Patriots and the Bills. Offense hasn't looked very explosive this year. The run game relies on 30 y/o J. Stewart. Newton is averaging 220 passing yds/gm (21st), and has thrown 5 TDs and 5 INTs. The Panthers best weapon, Greg Olsen, will be on IR for about 4-6 more weeks. The defense has been one of the best (T6), giving up only 17.5 pts/gm (in all-or-nothing fashion - 3, 3, 34, 30, LOL!).
Ping i25 10.5* Tour 65S
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58

#60 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Well, my boys finally lost a game. Folks pointing to the controversial fumble that wasn't a fumble by Matty Ice. But you can't keep turning the ball over and getting lucky. 5 INT's in 2 weeks now.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors