Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vice Pro Plus Lime

71 replies to this topic

#31 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostBiggErn, on 06 September 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 06 September 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 06 September 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

The Pro Soft Lime's are not a soft ball at all imo. I play Chrome Soft or CSx normally but gave the Vice a try for the most part based on looks and they are still a urethane performance ball. Definitely different feeling and sounding balls but perform about the same.

I agree. Though, I don't know what it is about those CS / CSX's but, I very very rarely have to clean them off of mud.

The Vice Pro Soft definitely tend to get dirtier. Maybe it's the finish on the cover.

That's what I'm thinking.
My tp5s, snells, nikes especially, and vice balls all seem to hold onto mud a little more than my chrome softs

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 snagy2000

snagy2000

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Got a note from Vice stating they're back in stock.

#33 BiggErn

BiggErn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

View Postsnagy2000, on 07 September 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Got a note from Vice stating they're back in stock.

I got the email this morning but I had already purchased a dozen from Amazon.

#34 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

All balls back in stock and I'm buying them up kids

#35 Kapp

Kapp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479220
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

Looks like they are back in stock! I dont think these guys are intentionally trying to create hype. I believe they were totally unprepared for the success they were/are having.

Ping G400
TM M2 4-PW
TM SLDR 3 HL
TM Rocketball 5W
Vokey SM6 50*,54*,58*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

#36 bauer22

bauer22

Rookie

• 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 158011
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

I saw they were back, ordered 5 dozen, and then came on here to tell people they were back...looks like you guys beat me to it!
WITB

Driver: Taylormade M1 - Tour AD DI-7s
Woods: Callaway 816 14* - Speeder 665 S-Flex
Driving Iron: Titleist T-MB 3 Iron, C-Taper 120 Stiff
Irons: Edel Forged 4-PW - Modus 3 125 Stiff
Wedge: Callaway MD3 54 Degree S Grind
Putter: Taylormade DJ Spider Black - 34"
Ball: Bridgestone B330

#37 vjswing

vjswing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31462
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone know if Vice has plans to begin producing their cheaper lines in the lime and red colors?

#38 nowitski41

nowitski41

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282464
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

I ordered a dozen lime pro + balls a couple weeks ago and played them on the course a couple times. The ball I have been using for the past 6 years has been the Yellow Titleist NXT Tour S ball. I have bad eyes and that's why I went to a high vis ball. The price has gotten out of control for brand new NXT Tour S balls and the used ones that I have been buying come in a mix where I get a bunch of 3+ year old 'like new' balls. Sorry but teeing up a 3 year old ball doesn't inspire confidence. So a friend of mine suggested these and I figured that I would give them a try. Anyway, the Pro Pluses have very similar distance off the tee for me. I played a round at my home course so i was able to do a real life comparison as far as approach yardages into the greens. On well hit balls I was hitting 1 less club into the greens. It definitely feels a touch softer than the NXT Tour S ball which I like. Irons flew similar distances and it felt like they went straighter. Not sure if that's attributed to the spin or if i was just swinging with more confidence due to the fact that I really like this ball. On shots 50-100 yards there is definitely more grab on the greens compared to my old ball and I like that the most out of all the differences. The NXT Tour S's were so hard and they ran out on the greens quite a bit unless you had terrain or wind helping you out. Putting felt the same but I have an insert in my Scotty so that had something to do with that.

I, too, received the email and ordered 6 doz yesterday morning. They are due in on Monday from Delaware. Can't wait to load up my bag with these lime balls.

#39 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199144
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

View Postvjswing, on 08 September 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Does anyone know if Vice has plans to begin producing their cheaper lines in the lime and red colors?

They're incapable of keeping any of the other lines in stock, so I'd assume not.

It's pathetic really. It's to the point where they're either entirely incompetent or they're intentionally creating scarcity. The Pro Soft Limes sold out in one day. After taking four months to produce. It took four months to produce one days worth of supply.

#40 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

View Postatomheartmother, on 08 September 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

They're incapable of keeping any of the other lines in stock, so I'd assume not.

It's pathetic really. It's to the point where they're either entirely incompetent or they're intentionally creating scarcity. The Pro Soft Limes sold out in one day. After taking four months to produce. It took four months to produce one days worth of supply.

Take it up with them. They had an email notification option on their site specifically for that reason.
They know they have a hit product and yeah, it's not good that they ran out so quick but, missing out could've been avoided.
They do need to find another supplier

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

View PostStanks, on 08 September 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Take it up with them. They had an email notification option on their site specifically for that reason.
They know they have a hit product and yeah, it's not good that they ran out so quick but, missing out could've been avoided.

I did have the notification set. I got the email. But by the time I saw it and got around to placing an order, they were sold out. It was sold out in 24 hours. I guess I should have added this task to my basic life functions.

#42 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

View Postatomheartmother, on 09 September 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

I did have the notification set. I got the email. But by the time I saw it and got around to placing an order, they were sold out. It was sold out in 24 hours. I guess I should have added this task to my basic life functions.

It's up there near brushing teeth, eating and breathing. Luckily, there should still be some on amazon and elsewhere

#43 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:46 AM

View PostStanks, on 09 September 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

View Postatomheartmother, on 09 September 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

It's up there near brushing teeth, eating and breathing. Luckily, there should still be some on amazon and elsewhere

Honestly, if they're not right around $25 per dozen, I'm not inteeested.

#44 North Butte

North Butte

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Handicap:25
GolfWRX Likes : 3055

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

They do not own any production capability. They buy batches of balls from a contract manufacturer with many other customers. Once they pay for s batch to be made, they wait their turn in the production schedule then wait for the balls to come by ship, train and truck halfway around the world. They can't just walk out onto their factory floor and put on an extra shift or two for a few weeks to bump up production.

I also suspect they run on a shoestring in terms of working capital. So they can't afford (literally) to place an order for a zillion dozen Lime balls and hope they remain popular enough to keep selling at the current rate of demand.
A sensible man will realize that the eyes may be confused in two ways---by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize the same thing happens to the soul.

--Plato

#45 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 09 September 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

They do not own any production capability. They buy batches of balls from a contract manufacturer with many other customers. Once they pay for s batch to be made, they wait their turn in the production schedule then wait for the balls to come by ship, train and truck halfway around the world. They can't just walk out onto their factory floor and put on an extra shift or two for a few weeks to bump up production.

I also suspect they run on a shoestring in terms of working capital. So they can't afford (literally) to place an order for a zillion dozen Lime balls and hope they remain popular enough to keep selling at the current rate of demand.

That doesn't make sense to me. People go in business to make money. There are a few golf ball manufacturers worldwide and I'm sure they've contracted work to produce so many units a year or more. If they did and the increments come in less than the desired amount (market desired) then they're losing money.
The supply isn't meeting the demand. You're losing possible money and customers.

#46 North Butte

North Butte

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

At the profit margin as they are working on they are forced to run the risk of not meeting demand in order to avoid the risk of buying a bunch of balls that do not sell.  They don't have the luxury that TM or Callaway enjoy of selling balls at $40 a dozen, ordering more than needed and selling the leftovers at $30 a dozen.  They are already selling them at not much above cost and if that demand slows they would have inventory that they literally could not get their money back out of.  At that point they go out of business.

Their leadtime is no doubt several months.  If they notice a jump in demand today they will then order extra balls for delivery sometime in Q1 of 2018.  So how many extra hundreds of dozens do you think they are willing to pay for today, assuming that they will still be a hot item in February or March?

What they do is make their best guess of how many balls they are absolutely certain they can sell four or five months from now.  They order that many  and if there is still demand when they are gone, they order another batch. How much would YOU be willing to wager on a Pro Soft Lime being as popular on Feb 9th as they are now on September 9th?

Edited by North Butte, 09 September 2017 - 09:18 AM.

A sensible man will realize that the eyes may be confused in two ways---by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize the same thing happens to the soul.

--Plato

#47 BiggErn

BiggErn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

So spending $130 for 5 dozen is ok but $40 for 1 dozen is out of the question?

#48 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 907

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 09 September 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

At the profit margin as they are working on they are forced to run the risk of not meeting demand in order to avoid the risk of buying a bunch of balls that do not sell.  They don't have the luxury that TM or Callaway enjoy of selling balls at $40 a dozen, ordering more than needed and selling the leftovers at $30 a dozen.  They are already selling them at not much above cost and if that demand slows they would have inventory that they literally could not get their money back out of.  At that point they go out of business.

Their leadtime is no doubt several months.  If they notice a jump in demand today they will then order extra balls for delivery sometime in Q1 of 2018.  So how many extra hundreds of dozens do you think they are willing to pay for today, assuming that they will still be a hot item in February or March?

What they do is make their best guess of how many balls they are absolutely certain they can sell four or five months from now.  They order that many  and if there is still demand when they are gone, they order another batch. How much would YOU be willing to wager on a Pro Soft Lime being as popular on Feb 9th as they are now on September 9th?

This^^  Nothing kills businesses faster than having all their cash tied up in inventory that doesn't move.  They seem to be growing in controlled spurts and managing their inventory properly.  If that means I have to wait a few weeks for my order, I'll survive.

#49 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 09 September 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Is that a real question? Do you understand the concept of extrapolation?

#50 BiggErn

BiggErn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

View Postatomheartmother, on 09 September 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

I understand if you want a certain ball that has limited stock either be on top of their inventory status or buy as you go until you're able to get the bulk deal.......or do without. The way their stock replenishes and depletes is not new.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 09 September 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

View Postatomheartmother, on 09 September 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

I understand if you want a certain ball that has limited stock either be on top of their inventory status or buy as you go until you're able to get the bulk deal.......or do without. The way their stock replenishes and depletes is not new.

I get that. But the previous post made no sense. Your post seemed to imply that being willing to spend $125 on five boxes was equivalent to being willing to spend $40 on one box (extrapolated to $200, nearly double in cost), which is obviously absurd.

Besides if I'm going to drop $40 on a box of balls, I might as well get some Chrome Softs.

#52 nowitski41

nowitski41

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282464
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Glad I ordered 6 dozen when I did. I was gonna wait until after the weekend to order after getting another round under my belt. I used the Pro Pluses again this weekend and shot very well. Drove it nicely except for a snap hook on my lone double bogey and stoned an 82 yard pitch to within 3 feet. One hop and stop on partial wedges. I look forward to playing these balls for a long while. I'll be sure and stock up again when they come back in stock.....

#53 Pawtucket

Pawtucket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457642
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Any current VICE promo codes? Usually there is one for a free sleeve or something. I know I just missed the free shipping deal :(

#54 NFD

NFD

Tour Winner

• 629 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52467
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

just played 9 with pro soft lime. its a good ball. between the 5 dozen pro and pro soft I'm good for a while.
Titliest 915 D2 10.5*
Titliest 915 F 16.5*
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-P
Vokey SM6 Raw 52* F & Low Bounce 58* K
Cameron Golo M3

#55 kgk

kgk

Slapshot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6361
  • Handicap:5ish
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

I have this feeling that they're selling out so fast to the jackwagons that can sell them for $40 on Ebay and Amazon.  I'm not paying over retail for them.  I'll buy Srixon in yellow if I need balls, and Vice will have lost me as a customer.

4 months waiting, one day of stock.  What a joke.

Edited by kgk, 11 September 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#56 BiggErn

BiggErn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

View Postkgk, on 11 September 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

I have this feeling that they're selling out so fast to the jackwagons that can sell them for $40 on Ebay and Amazon.  I'm not paying over retail for them.  I'll buy Srixon in yellow if I need balls, and Vice will have lost me as a customer.

Retail is $40 for 1 dozen.

#57 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 12 September 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

I have two dozen left of the reds that I bought at the beginning of the summer. I just wait till dec/jan in the off season to get more. I figure I have enough to get me through the rest of this season. if not I will go to Walmart and buy some srixon z stars.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; VICE PRO PLUS/CALLY CHROME SOFT X/SRIXON Z STAR

#58 North Butte

North Butte

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

How do you make a killing buying golf balls for $40 and reselling them for $40 on eBay? Why it's Volume, Volume, Volume, baby!

--Plato

#59 BiggErn

BiggErn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 12 September 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

How do you make a killing buying golf balls for $40 and reselling them for $40 on eBay? Why it's Volume, Volume, Volume, baby!

I'm not sure what you're saying maybe you was quoting the other guy. If you buy 1 dozen through Vice or amazon you're gonna pay around $40, that is the retail price. Vice offers a discount if you buy in bulk up to 5 dozen. Other ball companies do similar deals just not all the time.

#60 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 12 September 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

The math doesn't add up to make a profit. So the eBay guys must be buying at a further discount.

If one bought 5 dozen off the Vice site shipped that is $131,  divided by 5 is $26.20 cost per unit.  

If you turn around and sell on eBay for $40 each shipped  by the time you factor in around $8 in shipping and 13% for eBay and PayPal fees you are at $26.80 per box after cost of sales. I highly doubt it's worth it selling them at a 20 cent profit.

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha HZRDUS T800
Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 20*/23*/26*
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-9
Wedges: Cleveland Altitude PW/DW/SW; Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: Iomic
Ball: Vice Pro Soft Lime
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors