Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***


222 replies to this topic

#61 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 10 August 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 10 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...
intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

View PostRookieBlue7, on 11 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 10 August 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 10 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...
intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight
I'm +3 thru 12 at Bethpage black...partner and I are playing a club length off the back of every tee lol

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


2

#63 UGA111384

UGA111384

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407874
  • Joined: 01/06/2016
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for all of these reviews.  It makes me even more excited to get mine and install my 917 tip on and give it a go.  I cant wait to see how it feels and performs vs my Atmos Black 6tx.
917 D3 9.5* w/ ATMOS Black TS 6x
Tour Issue M2 Tour T3 w/ Speeder 7.2 757s
Tour Issue M1 19* w/ KBS Prototype 95s+
718 AP2/CM w/ PX LZ 6.0
Bettinardi H2 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron 6m or Odyssey 3T

3

#64 howeber

howeber

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17530
  • Joined: 08/06/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 11 August 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 11 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 10 August 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 10 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...
intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight
I'm +3 thru 12 at Bethpage black...partner and I are playing a club length off the back of every tee lol

I was totally in the group behind you!!

4

#65 bdubs3316

bdubs3316

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307833
  • Joined: 04/10/2014
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:bdubs3316
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

View Posthoweber, on 11 August 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 11 August 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 11 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 10 August 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 10 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...
intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight
I'm +3 thru 12 at Bethpage black...partner and I are playing a club length off the back of every tee lol

I was totally in the group behind you!!

How many balls did you see him drop out of his pocket?

Gotta keep an eye on that one!

Driver
Tour Issue TM M1 440 9.5 Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX
Ping G400 8.5 LST w/ Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Fairway wood
Cobra F7 3/4 13* w/ Project X 8AA4
Irons
Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron w/ Project X HA1
Titleist 716 TMB 4 iron w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Titleist 716 TMB 5 iron w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Nike Forged Blades 6-PW w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Wedges
Vokey SM6 50F black, Vokey 55* V grind oil can, Vokey SM6 60L black w/ KBS 610 125
Putter
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 35"
Ball
TaylorMade TP5x

5

#66 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

View Posthoweber, on 11 August 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 11 August 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 11 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 10 August 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 10 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...
intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight
I'm +3 thru 12 at Bethpage black...partner and I are playing a club length off the back of every tee lol

I was totally in the group behind you!!
Haha no sh!t??

Posted Image

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


6

#67 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

View Postbdubs3316, on 11 August 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:



How many balls did you see him drop out of his pocket?

Gotta keep an eye on that one!
...did you ever get your second place prize? ;)

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


7

#68 bdubs3316

bdubs3316

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307833
  • Joined: 04/10/2014
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:bdubs3316
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 12 August 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

View Postbdubs3316, on 11 August 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:



How many balls did you see him drop out of his pocket?

Gotta keep an eye on that one!
...did you ever get your second place prize? ;)

Lol....yep, I got to play with the winner...even got a hand shake from him!
Driver
Tour Issue TM M1 440 9.5 Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX
Ping G400 8.5 LST w/ Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Fairway wood
Cobra F7 3/4 13* w/ Project X 8AA4
Irons
Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron w/ Project X HA1
Titleist 716 TMB 4 iron w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Titleist 716 TMB 5 iron w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Nike Forged Blades 6-PW w/ KBS Tour V LE 125
Wedges
Vokey SM6 50F black, Vokey 55* V grind oil can, Vokey SM6 60L black w/ KBS 610 125
Putter
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 35"
Ball
TaylorMade TP5x

8

#69 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

I finally got to hit this shaft today. I murdered the ball with it. The "more lively T1100" is spot on. I hit my driver well all day today then hit this shaft after the round (was running a little behind and didn't want to rush through putting it through the paces to find a setting). The launch is a touch higher than the T1100 for me but not much. The activity the tip has is the biggest difference to me. I didn't hit a single ball (save one, story in a second) that didn't go where I wanted it to. And I carried every ball into the trees at the end of the range (tees were up, trees were at 270 according to the Tour X). I could work it a little more than the T1100 but not much. The T1100 just wants to go straight. This one I can turn over either direction. The shaft is very very smooth feeling, I can feel it load a little more at the top. I'd imagine a little smoother transition wouldn't feel the load as much as I do, but my move from the top I really pull down after aggressively activating my hips. It's not the most aggressive move I've seen, but it's how I generate my speed. Not too shabby I don't suppose for someone that's never had a golf lesson ever. I like this shaft a lot and want to work with it some more. That said the PX lineup is getting very very good right now and their shafts work as good as any I've ever hit for me.

So on to the story about the one ball that didn't go where I wanted. I'd ripped drive after drive after drive. Like driving nails. I was getting toward the end of the bucket and was videoing swings (mainly to look at later). I happened to catch it on video. Teed it up and made a good pass on it. The range ball split in half and the pieces whirred through the air very loudly. Like the guy a few places down from me jumped and said "what the h&*l was that" it was so loud. You can hear it whirring in the video lol. Thought it was pretty neat I caught it on video so figured I'd share it (hopefully it plays here from Photobucket). (Nevermind had to link it).

http://s844.photobuc...5ixpla.mp4.html

Edited by RookieBlue7, 12 August 2017 - 08:21 PM.


9

#70 ForTourUseOnly

ForTourUseOnly

    Twisty Oval Pivot

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6929
  • Joined: 10/19/2005
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:+1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

Played 2 rounds with my evenflow black 75 6.5 and so far it's really good. Don't have any trackman numbers on it yet but it seems to be fairly low like the T1100 but much easier to load and softer feeling. With that being said as much as it feels like it should go left on me it doesn't. Haven't done enough testing yet to difinitaively say it's better than the T1100 but on days when it not swinging as well or tired this will be much easier to play.

Spec wise it's not as counterbalanced as the T1100 I was able to remove 3G of headweight to achieve the same swingweight. Which is about the only thing I don't like about the T1100 the head started to feel a little on the heavy side. However I also had to start with a .600 core grip this time and add a few tapered layers of tape on the bottom hand to get the grip the same as my others. The shaft starts at about .620 and tapers quite quickly from the butt end. Compared to the T1100 which freq at 8.5 tipped 1/2" at 44.5 and D4. The EvenFlow black is softer at 7.5 44.5" tipped 1" D4.

Interested to see if there will be a 95g black or high 80g black version to beat out my T1100

Titleist 917D3 8.5 w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 75 6.5
Titleist 917F3 15 w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 85 6.5
Titleist 818H2 21 w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
Titleist 718T-MB 3i w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
Titleist 718MB Forged 4 Iron - 9 Iron w/ Project X 6.5
Vokey HandGround Raw SM5 46.10F, 50.12F, TVD55M, 60-M
Scotty Cameron Masterful 009M CB
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 kadeyoung6

kadeyoung6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292683
  • Joined: 01/20/2014
  • Handicap:+2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostForTourUseOnly, on 13 August 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

Played 2 rounds with my evenflow black 75 6.5 and so far it's really good. Don't have any trackman numbers on it yet but it seems to be fairly low like the T1100 but much easier to load and softer feeling. With that being said as much as it feels like it should go left on me it doesn't. Haven't done enough testing yet to difinitaively say it's better than the T1100 but on days when it not swinging as well or tired this will be much easier to play.

Spec wise it's not as counterbalanced as the T1100 I was able to remove 3G of headweight to achieve the same swingweight. Which is about the only thing I don't like about the T1100 the head started to feel a little on the heavy side. However I also had to start with a .600 core grip this time and add a few tapered layers of tape on the bottom hand to get the grip the same as my others. The shaft starts at about .620 and tapers quite quickly from the butt end. Compared to the T1100 which freq at 8.5 tipped 1/2" at 44.5 and D4. The EvenFlow black is softer at 7.5 44.5" tipped 1" D4.

Interested to see if there will be a 95g black or high 80g black version to beat out my T1100

I couldn't agree more with you on the feels like it should go left on you because it is so smooth and easier to load compared the the T1100, but doesn't.  The T1100 is an amazing shaft and loves to go straight, but I prefer the feel of the Even Flow.  I am going to get some more rounds with the EF, but if it continues to perform like it has so far I will be sticking with it.  Smooth, easy to load but super stable.

My swing weights came out almost identical between the T1100 and the Even Flow Black, both 65G 6.5 (I think the Even Flow 65 is closer to 69g and the T1100 is 64-65g, so that might have had something to do with it).

I know there is an 85g Even Flow Black out on tour that I have seen.  I just don't think it will be coming to retail besides the 85g Hybrid.

11

#72 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1629

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

I'm obviously not involved in this particular test, as a board sponsor, but we have hit these. Very smooth feeling shafts with a lot of life to them. "Active" profile is what we call it. It reminds me of some of the older Speeder shafts where you can really feel them load up and kick. If that's something you like or can use a bit more elevation than Hzrdus line, they might work for you.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

12

#73 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

I spent more time today with the EvenFlow.  Same results as yesterday.  Bomb after bomb with a higher peak height than I've been seeing in the T1100 (ever so slightly).  I'm hoping to find a Trackman local I can get on to really do number for number on them, but if my suspicions are right, they're going to be pretty close in terms of numbers.  The launch angles are similar, the EvenFlow taking slightly less time to start climbing to peak height.  The active tip is a design I like.  I also like the counterbalance of the T1100.  (It works exceptionally well in the 72 gram model in the M1 fairway I've been MURDERING since install.  I was even asked why I use driver at all except for a couple holes at the home course.  They said they think I should add a 5 wood and call it a day lol.  I don't know if I'd go that far as I generally have trouble with the 5 wood because they appear more closed.)

I am at a point I can give initial impressions of the EvenFlow, though, for sure.  It gives you a touch more workability than the T1100. It's not totally anti-left but it's darn close.  I had to really work to shape this one as much as I was able to.  Part of that may be a swing flaw my self analysis hasn't found yet (I did post the one video above that can catch the ball splitting).  I do feel like I maintain my spine angle fairly well and transfer my weight pretty well.  I've been a + handicap before (high school, playing daily), but now I'm a weekender that has a huge affinity for equipment.  This shaft is very responsive, I suppose, is how I'd describe it.  It responds to being loaded at the top and responds at the bottom when it's called upon to uncork all the stored energy right at the moment of impact.  I'm calling my cousin Tuesday to see if he can get me on the CC's Trackman (I'm not a member, but it could be mutual benefit for both of us.  I'd pay them for the time on it of course, and it'd give the practice area it's in a little more exposure to the largest site out there.  If they say no, my next resort will be hoping someone has a MEVO I could jump on.  I'd love to compare and contrast actual data other than just ball flight (even though ball flight is what matters the most to my game).  I don't believe there will be many people out that that would find disappointment in this shaft or that the shaft can deliver exactly what they want if it fits their needs and game.  Ready to give it a live 18 hole test run.

13

#74 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Kuro Kage Tini 70S
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike X3X DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage DS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Nothing Works....

14

#75 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

View Postmister2cool, on 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


15

#76 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 14 August 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Kuro Kage Tini 70S
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike X3X DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage DS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Nothing Works....

16

#77 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

View Postmister2cool, on 15 August 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 14 August 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule
how's your release?? are you flipping it at all??

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


17

#78 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 15 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 15 August 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 14 August 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule
how's your release?? are you flipping it at all??

I am trying all kinds.. early, late, hit up.. hit down. The only time I get a smooth feeling is when I hit a major high push fade... well more like a block fade
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Kuro Kage Tini 70S
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike X3X DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage DS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Nothing Works....

18

#79 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

View Postmister2cool, on 15 August 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 15 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 15 August 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 14 August 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule
how's your release?? are you flipping it at all??

I am trying all kinds.. early, late, hit up.. hit down. The only time I get a smooth feeling is when I hit a major high push fade... well more like a block fade
sounds like we need to play again soon --- lol

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


19

#80 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

I went and hit this again this morning. Still smooth, still just wants to go straight. Still getting consistently good results with it. Going to have to play a round with it to determine whether it or the T1100 will stay in the bag.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 15 August 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

sounds like we need to play again soon --- lol

Yes we do! New T1100 is being built up right now.. 5.5 tipped 1/2".. LOL
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Kuro Kage Tini 70S
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike X3X DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage DS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Nothing Works....

21

#82 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 1,175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8549
  • Joined: 12/09/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 557

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

View Postmister2cool, on 15 August 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 15 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 15 August 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 14 August 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 14 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?
same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule
how's your release?? are you flipping it at all??

I am trying all kinds.. early, late, hit up.. hit down. The only time I get a smooth feeling is when I hit a major high push fade... well more like a block fade

You are a T1100 user correct?  It's not entirely surprising that if you like T1100 EvenFlow might not work/feel great for you.  They are two very different shafts.   If we drew a Ven diagram there would definitely be some overlap but there are golfers who will only like one or the other.  EvenFlow design started with designing a shaft the provide more/smoother feel than most people found in HZRDUS.

DB
WI Don's Bag Dr- EvenFlow Blue, FWs- HZRDUS Red Hy- EvenFlow Blue, Irons- Prototypes

22

#83 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 1812

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

I plan to go back to the range again tomorrow if it's not raining and will try to shoot video of ball flight with both this and the T1100. They launch similarly for me with a different feel in both shafts. They both work great for me flight wise.

I've also gotta hit the UDI with the HZRDUS black 105 I jut picked up as well

23

#84 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

View PostTrueTemper, on 16 August 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

You are a T1100 user correct?  It's not entirely surprising that if you like T1100 EvenFlow might not work/feel great for you.  They are two very different shafts.   If we drew a Ven diagram there would definitely be some overlap but there are golfers who will only like one or the other.  EvenFlow design started with designing a shaft the provide more/smoother feel than most people found in HZRDUS.

DB

Indeed I was using a T1100 pretty much this entire year, until it broke that is. New one just got grip installed and ready to go head to head against this.
Here is one other thing I discovered tonight. From the beginning I always felt the grip on the EvenFlow was skinnier than usual, but didn't think much of it.  I usually build the grip with 2 wraps of tape, and EvenFlow just never felt the same. Tonight while gripping the T1100, I decided to investigate why. So I removed the grip and tape and measured it. Sure enough, the butt of T1100 was 0.61" and the butt of EvenFlow was only .586". Now I am wondering if the skinner butt section, which most likely is a little softer, is what gives EvenFlow the better feel. That would very much make this very much like the Diamana's?
Anyway, added two more wraps of tape and put the grip back on. Now it feels much better. Going to see if this makes any difference at the range tomorrow. Come to think about it, an uncomfortable grip could very well have a lot to do with all the results I was getting: tons of kick and hooks.
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Kuro Kage Tini 70S
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike X3X DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage DS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Nothing Works....

24

#85 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

i shafted up the brand new G400 and took it on it's maiden voyage with the Even Flow...good lord. i'm glad i didn't go LST. it wants to do nothing but go dead straight. simply put -- i aimed it down either the right or left and thats where it stayed...just wouldn't move from the launch line...

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


25

#86 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 17 August 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

i shafted up the brand new G400 and took it on it's maiden voyage with the Even Flow...good lord. i'm glad i didn't go LST. it wants to do nothing but go dead straight. simply put -- i aimed it down either the right or left and thats where it stayed...just wouldn't move from the launch line...

I'd be so bored with golf if I were you...  :taunt:
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Kuro Kage Tini 70S
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Aldila RIP Alpha 85S
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike X3X DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage DS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Nothing Works....

26

#87 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

View Postmister2cool, on 17 August 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 17 August 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

i shafted up the brand new G400 and took it on it's maiden voyage with the Even Flow...good lord. i'm glad i didn't go LST. it wants to do nothing but go dead straight. simply put -- i aimed it down either the right or left and thats where it stayed...just wouldn't move from the launch line...

I'd be so bored with golf if I were you...  :taunt:
lol that's enough outta you!

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


27

#88 double or triple?

double or triple?

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2748
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 280

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

By chance can anyone provide me with the length between the end of the Evenflow writing to shaft tip end? I'm trying to see if my evenflow has been tipped.

28

#89 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2415

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

View Postdouble or triple?, on 17 August 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

By chance can anyone provide me with the length between the end of the Evenflow writing to shaft tip end? I'm trying to see if my evenflow has been tipped.
with or without adapter?

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

Custom TM Blades ('14 TP MBs) 4-PW /  Modus 105X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1


*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX


29

#90 kadeyoung6

kadeyoung6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292683
  • Joined: 01/20/2014
  • Handicap:+2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

View Postdouble or triple?, on 17 August 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

By chance can anyone provide me with the length between the end of the Evenflow writing to shaft tip end? I'm trying to see if my evenflow has been tipped.


Here are pics of my EF Black that has been tipped 1".  Showing how far the shaft goes into the adapter


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by kadeyoung6, 17 August 2017 - 10:21 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users


    thuggingz42

GolfWRX Sponsors