Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 1 votes

Played with oldest friend today.... Frustrated to no end.....

98 replies to this topic

#91 scores

scores

scores

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6242
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostUnder2hours, on 28 July 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

Played at my club.  He's probably played 5X's the last 5 years or more.  Never a great golfer 90's-100....  I play a lot.  

Offer him my clubs (TM Jetspeed Driver, Hybrids, Mizuno MX300 Irons).  He played the irons last month his first game in years no practice.  He announces he's using his old irons, 30 year old Dunlop Maxflis and explains he couldn't hit my Mizunos.  I tell him it has nothing to do with the club, but that he hasn't played.

Anyways he hits some good shots but again is one of those expecting to be his former self and complaining.  His iron play was atrocious. GOLF IS HARD and better clubs make a huge difference.  He actually brought out a 35 year old wood driver last year explaining he hits it well (at least he did in 1979)......

I tell him to carry balls in his pocket if he wants to hit another shot and he doesn't, asks for a ball and twice lost a TM Project A and a Prov1 when I tossed him one.  Not brand new out of the sleeve but mint condition.

Add to that he doesn't realize the guest fee is $150, add drinks and food too......

Sometimes you just need to vent......

Do yourself a favor delete this post and find and old set  of clubs in the garage then invite your friend again and buy him some golf balls "why" because if he goes first you will live a happier man! I have so many friends that have helped me out through some tough times its the reason I am contemplating JOINING a nice club to repay them.

Driver M1
3W M1
Irons Mizunos 64's 3 -pw
Putter Spider
58 Titleist
52 Titeist
Hybrid 2I Adams

Ball Taylor TP

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 AutomaticTwoDown

AutomaticTwoDown

Two down after two, time to get to work

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302021
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 378

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postckay, on 01 August 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

My oldest friends are horrible at golf.  I'm talking 120+.  But the rare instance we can get a round in, I'll jump at the opportunity and enjoy the DAY.  A 72 or an 82 makes no difference to me for that day.
When I'm 120 years old, I'll be happy if I can walk.
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5 w/Accra FX-360 M4
Callaway XR16 3-wood w/Veylix Rome 888
Callaway Big Bertha OS 3-4 hybrids w/Veylix Rome 988
Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons (5-Gap) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i110
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 54*w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i110
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i110
Odyssey Milled Collection RSX V-Line Fang Putter

#93 EKELLY

EKELLY

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405114
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:edwardkellyed
GolfWRX Likes : 959

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

Every time I head back to NY, I run in to an old buddy. Last month I saw a guy I played Bethpage with probably 100 times, years ago.......What's frustrating is he still acts like he's 15........Hasn't grown up!.........Wait, neither have I.........

#94 Mdemuth

Mdemuth

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432902
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:djmyked
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostUnder2hours, on 01 August 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

I'll make one last observation/comment.

Yes I do vent, which prevents exploding or having a massive heart attack.  

My friendship is strong, but like anything certain things do get to me.  The fact is I am hosting, supplied everything and it is not a cheap day.  The two others are reciprocating at their club and not sure what my friend will do, as he has said nothing and in the other invites concerning golf has not once inquired as to the cost or done anything in return.

The balls and what I considered uneducated comments about the clubs when he has not hit the range prior or at all in the few times he has golfed over the last 5 year, was what set me off......

http://www.golfrepub...-tour-ltd-irons

Sorry to have come here and post my frustration....

LOL was fun reading this thread, and I like the comment to these maxfli clubs from your link

"Nice looking gray finish with white grooves on the face. still proving it worth today." lol, not sure if that person was serious or being sarcastic... lol

And I hear you man on your complaint. I also hear all these other guys points, but it is fun complaining LOLOLOL

#95 Under2hours

Under2hours

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383344
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Why was this revived??????

I said sorry that I vented.  No one was there to see what unfolded.

We had a very good time and admittedly I get easily perturbed at times (and have a ball issue :taunt: ).

Heck yesterday we went to Buffalo to watch the Bills and there was the usual questions as to who owes what (i.e. gas, beer, tixs......).

We (and I) are getting better but for the most part the vast majority don't want to not pull our weight.

#96 gioguy21

gioguy21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2320

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostUnder2hours, on 11 September 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

We had a very good time and admittedly I get easily perturbed at times (and have a ball issue :taunt: ).

Heck yesterday we went to Buffalo to watch the Bills and there was the usual questions as to who owes what (i.e. gas, beer, tixs......).

We (and I) are getting better but for the most part the vast majority don't want to not pull our weight.
(pokes the bear) so, did you post in the FootballWRX forum about how your friend didn't ask once what he owed you towards the tailgate festivities?

G400 9* / X-Torsion Green 70TX

2017 M2 Tour 3HL / HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.0 Tipped 3/4"

BioCell+ 5W / Project X 8A4

RAC MB TP 3-PW /  PX 6.5

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG TI S200

SC Adam Scott Modded Chromatic Bronze Futura 6M / 35.5"

TP5x OR ProV1

*Testing thanks to Aldila & GolfWRX* Aldila X-Torsion Copperhead 70TX

Aldila X-Torsion Black Mamba 70TX

#97 Under2hours

Under2hours

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383344
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 11 September 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostUnder2hours, on 11 September 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

(pokes the bear) so, did you post in the FootballWRX forum about how your friend didn't ask once what he owed you towards the tailgate festivities?
Had a great tailgate and it was my turn to not chip in!!!!!! :taunt:

#98 Equipto

Equipto

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475734
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

It's all about perspective, and I think you were had the wrong expectations for the round. If you wanted a serious game this wasn't the time.  Sometimes golf IS a social event and should be started with levity.

#99 Terry Gold

Terry Gold

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293923
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

I figured a petty soul by how you mentioned/lamented the loss of your 'mint' balls.  And the second time your mentioned it confirmed that suspicion.
By the third, I couldn't help but think your 'friend' is the one who might need some empathy.
Christ.

Edited by Terry Gold, 17 September 2017 - 12:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors