Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Directed Force Experience

40 replies to this topic

#31 robbohank

robbohank

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37550
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

Nice Swingman! I continue to tweak my approach to how to best use the DF. I started with super light grip pressure thru the entire stroke but felt things were getting a bit “sloppy”. From that I went to a firmer grip pressure and a relaxed shoulder girdle movement where I tried to just have the shoulders move in concert with the putter head but I think This led to some “quitting” on putts post impact. Currently I’ve dialed the grip pressure back a little and am using the shoulders to power the thru stroke. This seems to eliminate the quitting issue yet still allows the DF to move “where it wants to”. The roll was always good but it seems even better now!

I’m really encouraged with the DF’s performance during the few tournament rounds I’ve had a chance to use it in. If anything I’m hitting some putts too long which I’m not used to (in part I think it has to do with a purer roll the DF putts on the ball). Much of my observations to date have been subjective as I’ve not been diligent with my stat recording but I’ve resolved that so my perspective should be more objective going forward.

Playing in a 2 day event next week and the course apparently has yardage books with Aimpoint mapped greens. I’m hoping this eliminates another variable, that being my mediocre green reading abilities. :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 cfunk11

cfunk11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352411
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

I recently picked up a Directed Force Putter that doesn't have the Press grip. I have never been a fan of wide bodied grips but if the factory grip is essential part of making the the technology work I could learn to love it. what do you think of the Press grip?

#33 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1021

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

View Postcfunk11, on 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I recently picked up a Directed Force Putter that doesn't have the Press grip. I have never been a fan of wide bodied grips but if the factory grip is essential part of making the the technology work I could learn to love it. what do you think of the Press grip?
You don't need the Presse grip for the putter tech to work -- what you want to make certain is that the lie angle fits exactly - not toe up or down but neutral.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/TPT Golf Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Rogue 4wd/GD AD F55, 7 wd/GD YS-6 Nano ● Rogue 21HY GD ADHY 75 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-PW/Mitsu OT 75,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB; Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

#34 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
GolfWRX Likes : 455

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

Bill is having a ball at the PGA show, got a DF booth. Check out his FB :)
Ping G400 Max 9°, Kuro Kage Dual Core 60 Prototype TS flex, finished length 44"
Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44"

Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"

Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

#35 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

The DF is still working well - so close to making more birdies. Putts are online and most that don't go in are just short and on the correct line.

In the Bag: Ping G400/TPT Golf Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Rogue 4wd/GD AD F55, 7 wd/GD YS-6 Nano ● Rogue 21HY GD ADHY 75 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-PW/Mitsu OT 75,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB; Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

#36 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

Monthly update on the DF Putter -- distance control is better with a light grip and slight increase in pressure on the way through the ball. Experimenting with just one grip pressue that is very light as it may keep the face on-line more consistently. Putts that do not dive into the hole are very close -- never have had so many putts get so close to the hole. Now I need more to go in -

Edited by SwingMan, 16 March 2018 - 08:13 AM.

#37 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

Curious, do you mark with ball with a line and use then aim the ball line at your target? I use to do that with my other non-lie balance putter but gotten lazy but I am go back and see if this center shafted DF makes this process better (in terms of controlling the parallex errors from the pilot's view)
Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44"

#38 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostSwingBlues, on 15 March 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Curious, do you mark with ball with a line and use then aim the ball line at your target? I use to do that with my other non-lie balance putter but gotten lazy but I am go back and see if this center shafted DF makes this process better (in terms of controlling the parallex errors from the pilot's view)

No. I don't want to see anything on the top of the ball.  An aim line creates confusion for me - I question whether it is correct or not while over the ball. I don't want to think over the ball.

From reading, the eyes and the way the brain perceives what the eyes see, may have diffferences. Sightlines tend to have you aim left. The aim line on the ball may serve as a sightline that can have some aiming left. That may help some people, hurt others.

At the demo, I found the extended T line on the DF had me aiming slightly left, and I had them shorten it when ordering. I aim the DF straight now. It's a weird body-brain interaction game. Hope that helps.

#39 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

Sorry took a while to respond but I had to put the lining up the ball-line in play for a couple of rounds to see how this worked on my DF. Now, I use to do this with my Odyssey Works lined Fang putters but stopped.

The results: I think there is something here as well. I had many putts more accurate and I had less "trust" issues looking down the DF than I did with the Odyssey but its just the case of trusting I set the line right while squatting behind the ball and then lining it up right based on that. The "stealth black" of the DF head makes life a lot easier with no distractions (compared to looking down a Odyssey putter with its more fancy paints, graphics, chevrons etc).

Interestingly, to me, this is the same exact trust of lining the ball to an intermediary target on a full swing! As opposed to no intermediary target & no line or what I call, "do I feel lucky this second" swing?

Edited by SwingBlues, 27 March 2018 - 12:56 PM.

#40 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

This is just babytown frolics...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
GolfWRX Likes : 740

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

View PostSwingMan, on 15 March 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Monthly update on the DF Putter -- distance control is better with a light grip and slight increase in pressure on the way through the ball. Experimenting with just one grip pressue that is very light as it may keep the face on-line more consistently. Putts that do not dive into the hole are very close -- never have had so many putts get so close to the hole. Now I need more to go in -
Please donít change your grip pressure during the stroke.

TaylorMade M2 9.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 60 (S)
Ping G 14.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping G30 17* w/ Accra Tour Z 85 (X)
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW w/ KBS C-Taper (S)
Mizuno T7 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Circa #3 Mid-Neck Toolbox

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostPreppySlapCut, on 27 March 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostSwingMan, on 15 March 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Please don't change your grip pressure during the stroke.

Keeping it to one pressure - light.

Played 3 rounds last week - dropped 3  25-30 ft bombs during one round, but missed some shorties due to tension - stopped the tension and began sinking the shorties. Dropped some long putts the other rounds and made shorties with a tension free stroke. Maybe one 3 putt per round, Getting better with it all the time, even with distance control.

Edited by SwingMan, 29 March 2018 - 08:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors