Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Directed Force Experience

32 replies to this topic

#31 robbohank

robbohank

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37550
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

Nice Swingman! I continue to tweak my approach to how to best use the DF. I started with super light grip pressure thru the entire stroke but felt things were getting a bit “sloppy”. From that I went to a firmer grip pressure and a relaxed shoulder girdle movement where I tried to just have the shoulders move in concert with the putter head but I think This led to some “quitting” on putts post impact. Currently I’ve dialed the grip pressure back a little and am using the shoulders to power the thru stroke. This seems to eliminate the quitting issue yet still allows the DF to move “where it wants to”. The roll was always good but it seems even better now!

I’m really encouraged with the DF’s performance during the few tournament rounds I’ve had a chance to use it in. If anything I’m hitting some putts too long which I’m not used to (in part I think it has to do with a purer roll the DF putts on the ball). Much of my observations to date have been subjective as I’ve not been diligent with my stat recording but I’ve resolved that so my perspective should be more objective going forward.

Playing in a 2 day event next week and the course apparently has yardage books with Aimpoint mapped greens. I’m hoping this eliminates another variable, that being my mediocre green reading abilities. :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 cfunk11

cfunk11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352411
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

I recently picked up a Directed Force Putter that doesn't have the Press grip. I have never been a fan of wide bodied grips but if the factory grip is essential part of making the the technology work I could learn to love it. what do you think of the Press grip?

#33 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:11.5
GolfWRX Likes : 903

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

View Postcfunk11, on 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I recently picked up a Directed Force Putter that doesn't have the Press grip. I have never been a fan of wide bodied grips but if the factory grip is essential part of making the the technology work I could learn to love it. what do you think of the Press grip?
You don't need the Presse grip for the putter tech to work -- what you want to make certain is that the lie angle fits exactly - not toe up or down but neutral.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/VA SLAY 55 03 (Tipped .25)  ● Exotics EX10 3,5,7 GD AD F 55/65 ● Exotics EX10 22 GD ADHY 75 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-6i, PXG 0311/Mitsubishi OT 75 7-PW,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB; Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors