Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Greatest rock songs

Rockrock n roll Springsteen Led Zeppellin Hendrix Chuck Berry

130 replies to this topic

#31 cdnglf

cdnglf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139540
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1194

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

A few that I haven't seen yet:

Hammer to Fall, Queen
Money for Nothing, Dire Straits
Limelight, Rush (since the OP already picked Tom Sawyer)
Knights of Cydonia, Muse
Photograph, Def Leppard


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Fellaheen51

Fellaheen51

    Go Green!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284154
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 10095

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

The entire history of Rock & Roll is about taking certain styles of music and morphing them into something different.  Very difficult to point to a particular artist or band and say they were revolutionary.  Transformational.  

Buddy Holly, considered to be one of the founding fathers morphed country and rockabilly.  

R & B (Ray Charles et. al.) had a major influence on Elvis and so many others.   Which was really just an extension the Blues.  

The entire British Invasion was about recycling American Blues masters back to a new audience of teenagers.

Grunge morphed out of Punk which found its roots in 60's Garage Rock.  

The entire California sound exemplified by the Beach Boys.  But an extension of Surf Music by Dick Dale and The Ventures.

Bob Dylan was a seminal artist.  But was it really R & R?

One can argue on about all of this.  Much like some of us did BITD.  Setting around in dorm rooms or elsewhere.  Medicated.  

But I offer a true original (as I didn't list 10 songs the first post).   Consider that Rumble was originally recorded in 1958.  But one can hear so much of what R & R was going to become in this song.  The snarly, bada** attitude.  Meant to be played loud, with all that distortion and feedback, to piss everyone off.  Link got pedigree.  Often cited as a influence by the best guitarists of the Rock era.  The originator of the "Power Cord":


Edited by Fellaheen51, 13 July 2017 - 09:53 AM.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

2

#33 ritz0019

ritz0019

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12437
  • Joined: 02/23/2006
  • Location:TN
  • Handicap:+1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Gimme Shelter - The Stones
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Knocking on Heavens Door - GNR
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
Take It To The Limit - The Eagles
Pump It Up - Elvis Costello
Worlds Apart - Journey
Emenince Front - The Who
Have You Ever Seen The Rain - CCR
Tush - ZZ Top
Mama, I'm Coming Home - Ozzy
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
PING G400 8.5 DEGREE w/ ALTA X
TOUR ISSUE TAYLORMADE RBZ 14.1 DEGREE w/ TOUR GREEN 75X
SRIXON Z U65 18 DEGREE w/ MODUS 120X
PING I25's 4-UW w/ CFS STIFF
TITLEIST VOKEY SM 54 AND 58 DEGREE
1998 SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2 TeI3 35"

3

#34 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    Go Hawks!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 7578

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Boy, this is impossible! Too many.

Tiny sampling -

I Feel Fine, I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles, plus a dozen.
Hi,Hi,Hi - McCartney
Somethin' Else! - Eddie Cochran
Little Sister, Too Much, Love Me - Elvis
Whole Lotta Love - Zeppelin
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Eagles - your choice
Stevie Ray Vaughn - your choice
Lawyers, Guns and Money - Zevon
Tush, Tube Snake Boogie - ZZ Top
Bodhisattva - Steely Dan
Get Out Of Denver, Turn The Page - Seger
It Keeps You Running - Doobie Brothers
Shambala - Three Dog Night
Crazy On You - Heart
Foreplay/Long Time, Smokin' - Boston
Smokin' In The Boys Room - Brownsville Station
If You Want To Get To Heaven - Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Long Cool Woman - The Hollies
You Really Got Me - The Kinks

I could go on for hours ...........

4

#35 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 660

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

Immigrant Song/All of My Love - Led Zep
The Wall/Money - Pink Floyd
Master of Puppets/One - Metallica
Heart Shaped Box/Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Jeremy/Daughter - Pearl Jam
Hungry - Temple of the Dog
Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Baba O'Riley - The Who
My Michelle/Crazy (acoustic version) - Guns N Roses
Have You Ever Seen the Rain/Proud Mary - CCR
I'm on Fire/Glory Days - Bruce
Barracuda - Heart
Seven Nation Army/Dead Leaves/We're Going to be Friends - The White Stripes
Linger - The Cranberries
Come Together/Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds/Hello,Goodbye - The Beatles
Mic Check - Rage Against the Machine
Creep - Radiohead
Little Lion Man - Mumford & Son

Just a few...

Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
TEE CB Pro 16.5* w/ AD-GT 8x
Tour Issue Aeroburner 5HL 21* w/ AD-GT 8x
Adams Pro Mini 24* w/ DI 95x
Miura 57 CB 5-P w/ Steelfiber i95S
Miura New Wedge Series 51, 55, 59 w/ KBS Tour Wedge Shafts
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612

5

#36 Cajunmike

Cajunmike

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 388934
  • Joined: 07/31/2015
  • Location:South Louisiana
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:Dusononliner337
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

All great songs & groups. I'm in the "Rock is dead" camp. My son plays lead guitar, been playing since he was 7. I've struggled to find anything contemporary for him to learn. He's learned songs from many of the great 60/70 rock but focuses primarily on blues these days more universal and easy to string 3 minute improv sets. I tell him that keyboards and computers ruined rock and roll too easy for singers to make backtracks and music without a full band and pure singers just rocket to stardom while it takes bands years to make it anywhere. Sad that music has just evolved with technology and not in a good way.

6

#37 touch

touch

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25409
  • Joined: 02/12/2007
  • Location:Asheville NC
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostQqq123xx, on 13 July 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

Specific group

Deep Purple Highway Star.

The only band that matters btw :busted_cop: :stop: :taunt: :D

Maybe not the only band that matters lol
Highway Star Excellent choice sir.

" I seed her.."
Cobra AMP 9.5
Adams Super Speedline 15*
PING i20 19*
PING Raptor hybrid 21*
PING i5 irons
T Made Rac TP 52* Vokey SM6 56* T Made RacTP 60*
Putter - Odyssey 550

7

#38 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 660

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

Prince's guitar solo is absolutely amazing in this. Love this song too (also used in the credit of Kubo and the Two Strings).

https://www.youtube....h?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
TEE CB Pro 16.5* w/ AD-GT 8x
Tour Issue Aeroburner 5HL 21* w/ AD-GT 8x
Adams Pro Mini 24* w/ DI 95x
Miura 57 CB 5-P w/ Steelfiber i95S
Miura New Wedge Series 51, 55, 59 w/ KBS Tour Wedge Shafts
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612

8

#39 MattTheTaff

MattTheTaff

    Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153093
  • Joined: 01/02/2012
  • Location:Leicestershire, UK
GolfWRX Likes : 1571

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

The ocean - led zep
Layla - slowhand
All right now - free
Old raincoat - rod Stewart
Thunder road - boss

Or anything by The Faces

All my favourite songs by rock bands are not really classed as rock songs. Beast of burden by the stones, this is the place by talking heads or wind cries mary by hendrix

Edited by MattTheTaff, 15 July 2017 - 05:58 AM.

Titleist 905R - 10.5
Titleist 904f - 17
Cleveland Mashie - 20.5
Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 54/60
Wilson Staff 8882

9

#40 touch

touch

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25409
  • Joined: 02/12/2007
  • Location:Asheville NC
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

I think the decade you were born in will influence your contribution on this thread greatly. Some of us just don't see a classic made in an
earlier or later time period.
Rock could be dead or maybe just in hibernation.

Some already mentioned songs that get my vote as well are:

LA Woman
Black Magic Woman
Crazy on You
Photograph
London Calling
Highway Star
25 or 6 to 4
Born to Run
Baby O'Riley

I will toss these favorites of mine in the mix:

I Need A Lover - John Mellencamp
Hair of the Dog - Nazareth
Slow Ride - FogHat
Living After Midnight - Judas Priest
Never Been Any Reason - Head East
Flirting With Disaster - Molly Hatchet
Do It Again - Steely Dan
I Want To Be Sedated - Ramones
Go All The Way - Raspberries
It's The End Of The World - R.E.M.
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Roundabout - YES

Signed,
A rock fan who was born in the 60's !
Enjoying the thread OP.

Cobra AMP 9.5
Adams Super Speedline 15*
PING i20 19*
PING Raptor hybrid 21*
PING i5 irons
T Made Rac TP 52* Vokey SM6 56* T Made RacTP 60*
Putter - Odyssey 550

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 legitimategolf

legitimategolf

    Fighting!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144779
  • Joined: 10/31/2011
  • Location:New York NY
GolfWRX Likes : 2310

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

"Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" by Spinal Tap

11

#42 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 10068

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

Rock has always been a guitar (and that includes bass) driven sound. And I don't care what anyone says, guitar is not present these days. Bonamassa, Satriani, Kenny Wayne, and even the great John Mayer are all lucky to play 500 seat venues these days. Maybe Clapton and Santana can fill a stadium, but let's also realize that all these guys are not 'modern'. Name me one great young guitar player today (who is popular). In most modern music I can't even recognize individual instruments anymore. The guitar has become an archaic instrument in modern music, used mainly to provide 'sound effects' and simplistic one-string repetitive phrases. Don't worry, the guitar will eventually be 'rediscovered'.

Anyway, I like most of the choices posted thus far, so here are some that fell through the cracks:

Kansas - Carry on your wayward son
Heart - Barracuda
Boston - Long time
Alice in Chains - Man in the box
STP - Highway song
Talking Heads - Psycho killer
Pretenders - The wait
Elvis Costello - Pump it up
Little Feat - Dixie chicken
Foo Fighters - My hero
Guns n Roses - Welcome to the jungle
Lou Reed - Sweet jane
David Bowie - Ziggy stardust
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

12

#43 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

You lost all credibility and respect from me when you talked about the Beatles, you clearly don't know rock music bub.  But rock is not dead, Kings of Leon is in my opinion the best rock band out there still making great music.  Mumford and sons also took a much more rock approach to their 3rd album.  There's lots of bands making good music, the genre has just evolved, and unfortunately our youth and teenagers grow up thinking that whatever catchy tune that comes on the radio 47 times a day is good music.  When in fact it's complete trash with zero artistic value.  The radio format is hurting rock and roll, Rap and hip hop and country poppy BS is all that is played.  It kills me to turn on the radio and hear that hot barbage, but there's not much I think can be done

13

#44 BoogieThumper

BoogieThumper

    Sweet Jonez

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309249
  • Joined: 04/17/2014
  • Location:Bay Area
  • Ebay ID:Ronthesavage
GolfWRX Likes : 1077

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

Smells Like Teen Spirit
Lips of an Angel
NIKEGOLF
Vapor Fly
Vapor Flex 5-wood set to 17*
VRS 3-Hybrid
Covert 5-AW
Engage Toe Sweep 54*/Dual Sole 58*
Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex
RZN Tour Platinum

14

#45 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostBoydr12, on 20 July 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

You lost all credibility and respect from me when you talked about the Beatles, you clearly don't know rock music bub.  But rock is not dead, Kings of Leon is in my opinion the best rock band out there still making great music.  Mumford and sons also took a much more rock approach to their 3rd album.  There's lots of bands making good music, the genre has just evolved, and unfortunately our youth and teenagers grow up thinking that whatever catchy tune that comes on the radio 47 times a day is good music.  When in fact it's complete trash with zero artistic value.  The radio format is hurting rock and roll, Rap and hip hop and country poppy BS is all that is played.  It kills me to turn on the radio and hear that hot barbage, but there's not much I think can be done

They make good music, but are the most boring band live out there.

Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

15

#46 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

View Postkrtgolfing, on 20 July 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostBoydr12, on 20 July 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

You lost all credibility and respect from me when you talked about the Beatles, you clearly don't know rock music bub.  But rock is not dead, Kings of Leon is in my opinion the best rock band out there still making great music.  Mumford and sons also took a much more rock approach to their 3rd album.  There's lots of bands making good music, the genre has just evolved, and unfortunately our youth and teenagers grow up thinking that whatever catchy tune that comes on the radio 47 times a day is good music.  When in fact it's complete trash with zero artistic value.  The radio format is hurting rock and roll, Rap and hip hop and country poppy BS is all that is played.  It kills me to turn on the radio and hear that hot barbage, but there's not much I think can be done

They make good music, but are the most boring band live out there.

Who are you referring to?  I've seen both KOL and Mumford and they are both amazing live!!

16

#47 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3230

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

What's a Mumford?

17

#48 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

View Postgolfandfishing, on 20 July 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

What's a Mumford?

Mumford and Sons?  They won album of the year for their second album "Babel" in 2013, pretty unprecedented given their genre of folksy rock.  They're one of the biggest bands in the world, do you live under a rock?

18

#49 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostBoydr12, on 20 July 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postkrtgolfing, on 20 July 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostBoydr12, on 20 July 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

You lost all credibility and respect from me when you talked about the Beatles, you clearly don't know rock music bub.  But rock is not dead, Kings of Leon is in my opinion the best rock band out there still making great music.  Mumford and sons also took a much more rock approach to their 3rd album.  There's lots of bands making good music, the genre has just evolved, and unfortunately our youth and teenagers grow up thinking that whatever catchy tune that comes on the radio 47 times a day is good music.  When in fact it's complete trash with zero artistic value.  The radio format is hurting rock and roll, Rap and hip hop and country poppy BS is all that is played.  It kills me to turn on the radio and hear that hot barbage, but there's not much I think can be done

They make good music, but are the most boring band live out there.

Who are you referring to?  I've seen both KOL and Mumford and they are both amazing live!!

KOL is probably the most boring band live. They have zero stage presence and zero energy. I saw Iron Maiden a few weeks ago and there is a bad with crazy stage presence and energy!
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

19

#50 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3230

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostBoydr12, on 20 July 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

View Postgolfandfishing, on 20 July 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

What's a Mumford?

Mumford and Sons?  They won album of the year for their second album "Babel" in 2013, pretty unprecedented given their genre of folksy rock.  They're one of the biggest bands in the world, do you live under a rock?

No, not under a rock. But I don't have a 13 year old daughter or any trans offspring so I guess in today's world that is the equivalent. Sorry, never heard of Mumford and Sons but after looking them up I have concluded they are not a rock band.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

View Postkrtgolfing, on 21 July 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:



KOL is probably the most boring band live. They have zero stage presence and zero energy. I saw Iron Maiden a few weeks ago and there is a bad with crazy stage presence and energy!

Sorry to disagree with you man, but I wholeheartedly do.  I saw them in May, up close and personal right in front of the stage, and they have lots of energy, changed the entire set makeup two times.  Caleb come out and did one song solo acoustic, then rest of the bad joined him for a couple more acoustic songs, then they reopened the stage backup to a much larger Stage setup, they must have been feeding off the crowds energy as everybody was singing every lyric.  Also Cam Newton and a lot of the Carolina Panthers were beside me in the pit and Nathan (the drummer) came out with a Greg Olsen jersey (gregs favorite band, he was also there) and they were having an incredible time, the crowd also fed off of their energy.  Every member of that band brings a ton of energy, Caleb just shows it in a different way because he's just an intellectually type and shows his emotions and energy differently than most.

Attached Thumbnails

  • F544B988-5AAA-4133-848D-5F818CE63D3D.JPG
  • 66CDE5A5-D45C-4E39-AA80-6627BE946F27.JPG
  • IMG_5180.JPG
  • IMG_4828.JPG
  • IMG_4842.JPG

Edited by Boydr12, 25 July 2017 - 12:40 PM.


21

#52 Chief Illiniwek

Chief Illiniwek

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59803
  • Joined: 07/07/2008
  • Location:central Illinois
GolfWRX Likes : 1725

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Never understand why Tool doesn't get more mentions. I realize it's a sub genre and not really rock n roll, but bands from punk and grunge have been mentioned.

Tool outclasses any band of the last 25 years and it's not even particularly close in my opinion.

They've got a bunch of songs that are absolutely incredible in multiple facets but I think forty six and 2 is there best mix of lyrics, musical composition, instrumental talent, and intensity.

22

#53 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 10068

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Kings of Leon is a good band, but if they are the apex of modern rock that says a lot. Tool is also a good band. How about Staind? Great songwriting and talent. But  these bands are not really on the charts anymore. In fact I would not consider them as 'modern'. Sure Aaron Lewis can draw big at a festival and get $100 per ticket, but is this really the face of modern rock? This is middle age rock.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

23

#54 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13205

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Stones

Some Girls

Of course, cant print the lyrics here ; )

24

#55 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostBoydr12, on 21 July 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

View Postkrtgolfing, on 21 July 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:



KOL is probably the most boring band live. They have zero stage presence and zero energy. I saw Iron Maiden a few weeks ago and there is a bad with crazy stage presence and energy!

Sorry to disagree with you man, but I wholeheartedly do.  I saw them in May, up close and personal right in front of the stage, and they have lots of energy, changed the entire set makeup two times.  Caleb come out and did one song solo acoustic, then rest of the bad joined him for a couple more acoustic songs, then they reopened the stage backup to a much larger Stage setup, they must have been feeding off the crowds energy as everybody was singing every lyric.  Also Cam Newton and a lot of the Carolina Panthers were beside me in the pit and Nathan (the drummer) came out with a Greg Olsen jersey (gregs favorite band, he was also there) and they were having an incredible time, the crowd also fed off of their energy.  Every member of that band brings a ton of energy, Caleb just shows it in a different way because he's just an intellectually type and shows his emotions and energy differently than most.

Panthers fans!!! Sold!!!  I saw them open up for Pearl Jam years ago and was not impressed. Love their music though! Was listening to them on the way home from work tonight. Might have to give them a second chance sense they are headliners. I'll typically give a certain bands two times to impress me. Next show is Guns N Roses! Can not wait!!

Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

25

#56 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

View Postthug the bunny, on 21 July 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Kings of Leon is a good band, but if they are the apex of modern rock that says a lot. Tool is also a good band. How about Staind? Great songwriting and talent. But  these bands are not really on the charts anymore. In fact I would not consider them as 'modern'. Sure Aaron Lewis can draw big at a festival and get $100 per ticket, but is this really the face of modern rock? This is middle age rock.
Another terrible band live. Godsmack and Halestorm kicked their a** live. Aaron Lewis had zero energy . Rest of the band was pretty awesome though.
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

26

#57 MattTheTaff

MattTheTaff

    Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153093
  • Joined: 01/02/2012
  • Location:Leicestershire, UK
GolfWRX Likes : 1571

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:18 AM

View Postbscinstnct, on 21 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Stones

Some Girls

Of course, cant print the lyrics here ; )

Do those type of girls really wanna get F'd all night?
Titleist 905R - 10.5
Titleist 904f - 17
Cleveland Mashie - 20.5
Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 54/60
Wilson Staff 8882

27

#58 MattTheTaff

MattTheTaff

    Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153093
  • Joined: 01/02/2012
  • Location:Leicestershire, UK
GolfWRX Likes : 1571

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Kings of Leon: first two albums are awesome. Everything else after that is pure gash. Commercial, Coldplay, boring gash.

And they are the most boring live band I've ever seen.
Titleist 905R - 10.5
Titleist 904f - 17
Cleveland Mashie - 20.5
Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 54/60
Wilson Staff 8882

28

#59 touch

touch

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25409
  • Joined: 02/12/2007
  • Location:Asheville NC
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:50 AM

Posted Image

Edited by touch, 23 July 2017 - 05:07 AM.

Cobra AMP 9.5
Adams Super Speedline 15*
PING i20 19*
PING Raptor hybrid 21*
PING i5 irons
T Made Rac TP 52* Vokey SM6 56* T Made RacTP 60*
Putter - Odyssey 550

29

#60 Jonesy

Jonesy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90848
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:Durban, South Africa
GolfWRX Likes : 778

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

I know these aren't songs but take your pick of the song from the band, they all have winners

Meatloaf
Motley crue
Whitesnake
Brian Adams
Bon Jovi
Queen
CCR
Springsteen
AC/DC

These days there really isn't much, been enjoying Rise Against a lot though. My Chemical Romance? Welcome to the Black Parade was epic...

Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
Scotty Cameron Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors