Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ping G400 Drivers

1409 replies to this topic

#1051 GSGrunt

GSGrunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476720
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

myspinonit, on 10 September 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

GSGrunt, on 10 September 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Anyone else notice sound changing over time?
Louder, quieter? Not yet (very early days for me).  
Maybe double-check the weight and re-tighten adapter screw to make sure they are still in solidly?
When I first got it, it sounded duller than my G30.  Now I can't tell the difference between them.
Might all be in my head.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#1052 igman

igman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1624
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

I've noticed a different pitch with different shafts, but can't say it's changed overtime with the same shaft.

#1053 MBBG

MBBG

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 281663
GolfWRX Likes : 563

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Was struggling mightily with the stock shaft. Stuck a UST Chrome 6F4T in it at 45" and it's so much better.

Edited by MBBG, 10 September 2017 - 07:24 PM.

Ping G400 LS Tec 8.5 UST Chrome 6F4T
Ping G400 14.5* 3W Alta CB
RomaRo Type R 18* UT Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 23* i95 Steelfiber
Mizuno Yoro MP-5 5-P Nippon Modus 125
'15 Vokey Cold Forged 51/56 Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM Grind 60*
Odyssey Works Saber Tooth putter

#1054 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

Good Luck!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198076
GolfWRX Likes : 1807

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

gambit, on 08 September 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Stetson, on 08 September 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

gambit, on 08 September 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Stetson, on 08 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Now that you mention it Mike (indirectly), the reason for all the pushed back orders are likely due to replacing defective original items.

Did u order thru DD?

Yes

I almost did too but remembered the history with Ping so decided not to just in case something like this happened. Hope you get yours soon.

It is the LST head.  I spoke with Ping about the backlog and I placed my order through DD on 8/22 it should be here on 9/13. The LST heads had a lot of production issues but the standard ones are fine.  

DD is fully reinstated and they don't discount the club at all they just discount the custom upgrade services.   IMO They are the best in the business for new clubs especially now that they are back in Pings good graces.
Ping G400 DR 9* Diamana Ahina 70X
Ping G400 3W 15* Diamana Ahina 70S
Cobra F6 Baffler 5W 19* Tour AD-DI 6S
Taylormade P-790 (4i-AW) Modus 120S
Titleist SM6 54.08 M-Grind Modus 120S
Titleist SM6 60.04 L-Grind Modus 120S
Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Putter
Taylormade TP5X Ball | Arccos 360

#1055 Pleasedwith3putts

Pleasedwith3putts

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14749
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:41 AM

Gamble Gamble, on 10 September 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

gambit, on 08 September 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Stetson, on 08 September 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

gambit, on 08 September 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Stetson, on 08 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Now that you mention it Mike (indirectly), the reason for all the pushed back orders are likely due to replacing defective original items.

Did u order thru DD?

Yes

I almost did too but remembered the history with Ping so decided not to just in case something like this happened. Hope you get yours soon.

It is the LST head.  I spoke with Ping about the backlog and I placed my order through DD on 8/22 it should be here on 9/13. The LST heads had a lot of production issues but the standard ones are fine.  

DD is fully reinstated and they don't discount the club at all they just discount the custom upgrade services.   IMO They are the best in the business for new clubs especially now that they are back in Pings good graces.

I bought a set of Anser irons thru DD a few years back and they arranged for me to collect them from the factory as I was going to be staying in Scottsdale. The whole process was perfect.

#1056 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 1869

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

Isn't that price fixing by Ping? I thought that was illegal in the US. I understand if they can't advertise below MAP or use promotions for Ping products, but they should be able to sell the Ping products for whatever they want without threat of having their account pulled.

#1057 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133444
GolfWRX Likes : 1536

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Llortamaisey, on 11 September 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Isn't that price fixing by Ping? I thought that was illegal in the US. I understand if they can't advertise below MAP or use promotions for Ping products, but they should be able to sell the Ping products for whatever they want without threat of having their account pulled.

Nope, not price fixing. If Ping, Titleist and Callaway all sold pretty much the same thing and entered into an agreement to control the market and make sure that the price was never below "X" dollars, that would be an example of one type of price fixing.

Edited by Dpavs, 11 September 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#1058 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Dpavs, on 11 September 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Nope, not price fixing. If Ping, Titleist and Callaway all sold pretty much the same thing and entered into an agreement to control the market and make sure that the price was never below "X" dollars, that would be an example of one type of price fixing.

That's actually collusion.

https://en.wikipedia...ion?wprov=sfti1

Edited by Llortamaisey, 11 September 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#1059 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• 2,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
GolfWRX Likes : 416

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Back to the point rather than definitions... PING is absolutely legally allowed to mandate retailers sell their goods at a certain price.  This isn't unique or PING or golf.
Driver: None
3w: Ping G400 SFT (Xtorsion Copperhead)
3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Recoil 680)
3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Steelfiber 95)
4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
Putter: Ping Nome TR

#1060 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• 7,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
GolfWRX Likes : 2655

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

Just good business practice.  If you are selling a companies product for less than they want you to, they are free to not deal with you again.  And any product you might have that isn't paid for, they can come and take out of your store.  It not only protects the OEM, but it protects the other companies that are selling the same product.

Ping G400 9 TFC 419 Stiff at 45" Ping G30 10.5 Ping TFC 419 Reg or Stiff Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff X2 Hot 5-PW Recoil Reg - D2 Vokey SM2 52 cc Ping ES 56 and ES 60 Scotty X7M Dual 38"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#1061 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Llortamaisey, on 11 September 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Well it is but it isn't just collusion. Strictly speaking though I believe that collusion is an element of price fixing under the various antitrust provisions but I believe price fixing would be the more specific violation. I guess if you really think about it every cooperative agreement legal or illegal agreement is collusion I suppose technically, but you would not call an agreement to work together for a common legal purpose collusion would you?  Ok done, I won't digress any more.

Edited by Dpavs, 11 September 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#1062 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

Good Luck!

• 2,284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Dpavs, on 11 September 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Llortamaisey, on 11 September 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Well it is but it isn't just collusion. Strictly speaking though I believe that collusion is an element of price fixing under the various antitrust provisions but I believe price fixing would be the more specific violation. I guess if you really think about it every cooperative agreement legal or illegal agreement is collusion I suppose technically, but you would not call an agreement to work together for a common legal purpose collusion would you?  Ok done, I won't digress any more.

There is a lot of misinformation on this current derail.

Price fixing is when two or more companies collude to price their good or commodity at a level that either squeezes out competition or gouges the consumer for extra margin.

When a company mandates that its retailers sell its product for the MSRP that is not the illegal act of "price fixing" it is a way to maintain the brand image and keep their retailers from undercutting each other and making their product a commodity rather than a well differentiated luxury good.

Edited by Gamble Gamble, 11 September 2017 - 05:36 PM.

#1063 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Gamble Gamble, on 11 September 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Price fixing is when two or more companies collude to price their good or commodity at a level that either squeezes out competition or gouges the consumer for extra margin.

When a company mandates that its retailers sell its product for the MSRP that is not the illegal act of "price fixing" it is a way to maintain the brand image and keep their retailers from undercutting each other and making their product a commodity rather than a well differentiated luxury good.

Price fixing doesn't always have to be between sellers, it can be between sellers (OEM) and buyers (retailers). The third paragraph in the Wikipedia page explains this in better detail. Would hate to misinform anyone without a reference.

https://en.wikipedia...ing?wprov=sfti1

The first paragraph in your post details exactly what Ping is doing by holding accounts hostage to sell at a certain price point. The fixed price artificially keeps the market for their goods at a higher rate than what a free market would validate. That's gouging the consumer and while it may not be illegal in this case, it's not a practice of free market.

#1064 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

And my apologies for the original post. I asked the question "isn't that illegal" as a tongue in cheek reference to Manufacturers' antitrust lawsuit that had to go to the Supreme Court before they eventually prevailed under the narrowest of margin. I wasn't trying to misinform anyone and I definitely can see how someone might take that out of context if they were not familiar with Ping and other manufacturers' antitrust struggles.

http://articles.lati...ion/na-prices29

Edited by Llortamaisey, 11 September 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#1065 supercharger

supercharger

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50034
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Legal only means they are protected by pen and paper to do wrong.  It has nothing to do with lawful or morally right.  All corporations function this way, it is a snake with no head.  A fictional entity drawn up by wordsmiths to protect racquets of the dishonest thieves from the ignorant populace they parasite off of.

#1066 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

Good Luck!

• 2,284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Llortamaisey, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Gamble Gamble, on 11 September 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Price fixing doesn't always have to be between sellers, it can be between sellers (OEM) and buyers (retailers). The third paragraph in the Wikipedia page explains this in better detail. Would hate to misinform anyone without a reference.

https://en.wikipedia...ing?wprov=sfti1

Excellent, I will go down this esoteric business school rabbit hole with you.

"Price fixing" in the most commonly used variant is used to mean the illegal practice of collusion between large companies in an oligopoly market. Here is a link regarding this practice:  https://business-law...rice_fixing.htm

The illegal act of price fixing is typically done by cartels or oligopolies colluding and trying to control the market together like a monopoly.  Our differing perspectives are due to a communication issue.  This issue we are dealing with is regarding similar sounding phrases in our language.  Both price fixing (the illegal type by a cartel/oligopoly) and the practice you mention where a company controls its products pricing through supply side restrictions sound exactly the same but one is illegal and the other is legal.  The latter can be an appropriate pricing strategy in certain markets, whereas the former could lead to massive fines and government intervention.

What you are doing is using two phrases that sound and look the same but reference two entirely different things.  An interesting parallel example of this is calling someone "cabrón" in Spanish.  Depending on the scope (and region) you use this phrase in, you could be avoiding punches soon after saying that phrase or grabbing a beer with a good friend.

Llortamaisey, on 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

The first paragraph in your post details exactly what Ping is doing by holding accounts hostage to sell at a certain price point. The fixed price artificially keeps the market for their goods at a higher rate than what a free market would validate. That's gouging the consumer and while it may not be illegal in this case, it's not a practice of free market.

Ping is not gouging the customer since the customer is free to purchase other differentiated goods (Epic, M2, etc) at discounted pricing.  Price gouging is when a company knows they are the one of the only games in town and proceed to charge an unreasonable amount.

Wikipedia's definition of price gouging:

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent. Usually this event occurs after a demand or supply shock: common examples include price increases of basic necessities after hurricanes or other natural disasters.

The free market is allowed to react to this pricing strategy by decreasing consumption thus hurting the results of the pricing strategy.  The free market still exists because other similar products can be purchased with the possibility of a "discounted" price.

Llortamaisey, on 11 September 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

And my apologies for the original post. I asked the question "isn't that illegal" as a tongue in cheek reference to Manufacturers' antitrust lawsuit that had to go to the Supreme Court before they eventually prevailed under the narrowest of margin. I wasn't trying to misinform anyone and I definitely can see how someone might take that out of context if they were not familiar with Ping and other manufacturers' antitrust struggles.

http://articles.lati...ion/na-prices29

I do not think you are intentionally trying to misinform anyone here, but sarcastic posts aside, if you used the term "price fixing" with any group of MBA's or business oriented people they would think you are referencing the illegal actions not the lesser used process that allows non vertically integrated companies to manage their brand through strict MSRP retail rules.  

The problem is that if you were just a wikipedia-warrior you would not know how uninformed you sound to someone who deals with this in their professional life.  Nuance matters, especially when you conflate supply side price controls of a differentiated product with the illegal acts of an oligopoly and the pricing strategies of post-emergency vultures.

Edited by Gamble Gamble, 11 September 2017 - 07:08 PM.

#1067 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 856

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Why not mention PXG at the same time now that you are talking price ... lol

Back on topic, liking the G400. Shaft also makes a difference as to contact.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/TPT Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Steelhead XR 3,5,7 ● Callaway Big Bertha OS 22/Bassara 50 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-6i, PXG 0311/Mitsubishi OT 75 7-GW,  Miura K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno or Edel E-1 ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB
Most Clubs built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

#1068 ruffellprefley

ruffellprefley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445654
  • Ebay ID:ruffellprefley22
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

Gamble Gamble, on 11 September 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

please Hammer, don't hurt em!

#1069 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

Good Luck!

• 2,284 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

ruffellprefley, on 11 September 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Gamble Gamble, on 11 September 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

please Hammer, don't hurt em!

lol lol - great reference

#1070 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

My G400 SFT 10* (digitally lofted to 9.5*) with the XTorsion Copper 60S  came in today. I was only able to hit a few balls with it but I have to say this is an incredibly smooth combination... great sound and feel and the flight is spot on for what I was hoping it to be. The XTorsion shaft brought the flight down to a bit flatter trajectory that just seemed to bore through the air effortlessly!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#1071 Dpavs

Dpavs

OverWRX'ed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Lol, this is a must watch for this thread!

Andy is breaking up

Edited by Dpavs, 13 September 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#1072 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• 4,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1247

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

First round yesterday.  I called and swapped my order for the copper 70x a little while ago, figured if I was already waiting why not.  Of course as soon as I did that it shipped lol, wonder if somehow I jumped to the front of the line.  

It sounds better than the G.  It feels better than the G.  It looks better.  It looks a little smaller but the white score lines go so far out to the toe and heel that it frames the ball well.  I may have seen slightly lower flight, both digitally lofted 11* LS.  I hit some bombs but I doubt it's any longer, I'll keep it just for the other reasons.  Hoping to bust out the pro shops flightscope for a quick comparison today before my round.  

The copper 70x is nice.  I play softer shafts than I should based on SS and said screw it, I've got 5 different high end shafts in 6S so let's try something else.  I play a huge draw, I had my straightest driving day yesterday all year.  Ive played somewhere around 150 times so that's saying something.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

#1073 Drudersh

Drudersh

Major Winner

• 2,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225353
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:Dwrv06
GolfWRX Likes : 2266

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

swizbeatz, on 13 September 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

First round yesterday.  I called and swapped my order for the copper 70x a little while ago, figured if I was already waiting why not.  Of course as soon as I did that it shipped lol, wonder if somehow I jumped to the front of the line.  

It sounds better than the G.  It feels better than the G.  It looks better.  It looks a little smaller but the white score lines go so far out to the toe and heel that it frames the ball well.  I may have seen slightly lower flight, both digitally lofted 11* LS.  I hit some bombs but I doubt it's any longer, I'll keep it just for the other reasons.  Hoping to bust out the pro shops flightscope for a quick comparison today before my round.  

The copper 70x is nice.  I play softer shafts than I should based on SS and said screw it, I've got 5 different high end shafts in 6S so let's try something else.  I play a huge draw, I had my straightest driving day yesterday all year. Ive played somewhere around 150 times so that's saying something.

Bravo sir. Maybe the most impressive number thrown out in this thread so far.
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

#1074 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• 4,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1247

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Drudersh, on 13 September 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

swizbeatz, on 13 September 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

The copper 70x is nice.  I play softer shafts than I should based on SS and said screw it, I've got 5 different high end shafts in 6S so let's try something else.  I play a huge draw, I had my straightest driving day yesterday all year. Ive played somewhere around 150 times so that's saying something.

Bravo sir. Maybe the most impressive number thrown out in this thread so far.

That's actually on the low side too :).  No kids and work for myself.  Scary to think I'm moving into the neighborhood soon so it'll be even easier to play.  Shot 68 yesterday too, I'm sure playing from the fairway all day helped.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

#1075 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 520

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Sorry if this has been covered but do we know who makes the Alta CB.
Here is a picture of the shaft label.

Posted Image

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha HZRDUS T800
Fairway: Ping K15 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 4 & 5
Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude 6-9
Wedges: Cleveland Altitude PW/DW/SW; Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: Iomic
Ball: Vice Pro Soft Lime
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

#1076 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 919

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

A bit more on my results so far after just two rounds and a couple of range sessions with my SFT 12* with KK that I was fit for by a Ping rep. The small minus setting seems best for me and fits my eye best, though I don't think we tested that at the fitting. We did test 11* and settled on 12* as default for delivery.  (Senior, 80ish swingspeed, short backswing, aggressive transition.)

I went back to the range today and I think I can confirm I love my G400 SF Tec at the "11.4*" (small minus) setting, making sure I give a bit of spine tilt and low takeaway. Was killing it for me, dead straight mostly and the old(er) geezers beside me were cheering me on. I tried it at 12*and did a dribbled "clunker"..just like I did on the course once on Monday when I tried that setting, and twice last week when I played the whole round at 12* in it's maiden voyage.

Must be a mental thing but I somehow try to get too much tilt out of a 12* head and don't get solid contact consistently, and sometimes push it a touch, though that was what I was fit into. Also afraid of pulling it at 12*, that I have done at the range at least. But...the look of an 11.25 or so head has looked good to me in several drivers the past 1/2 doz years. Look at address is important. I have been rolling my G25 @10.5 slightly open manually the past year when I'm driving well for me, that allows me to go after it. Of course I'll prob mess it it up on the course tomorrow saying all that. (lol)

Edited by myspinonit, 13 September 2017 - 09:30 PM.

Ping G400 SFT 12* Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60
Ping G400 SFT 16* Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60
Ping G25 20*, 23*, 27* Stock TFC 189
Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
Vokey SM5 49.07F, SM6 54.10 S & 58.08 M
(SM4 55.10 M & 60.07 S) Steelfiber i80
Scotty Cameron Futura 5 CB 34"
Srixon Q Star Tour

#1077 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

Good Luck!

• 2,284 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Just took mine into my garage to test.  I've been struggling with snap hooks with the driver recently.  

G400 9* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 tipped .5" playing 44.5" = baby fade low spin 265-270 carry 285 total.   Holy crap... i was lost and now am found SCAustin 3:18

G400 9* Ahina 70 playing 44" = first shot was 287 carry, 301 very slight fade ... the rest averaged slightly better than the HZRDUS...

I don't care if it's a placebo, I'm taking this pill every day.  Even if I'm as delusional as Shallow Hal, please don't break this spell!

#1078 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 919

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Gamble Gamble, on 13 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Just took mine into my garage to test.  I've been struggling with snap hooks with the driver recently.  

G400 9* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 tipped .5" playing 44.5" = baby fade low spin 265-270 carry 285 total.   Holy crap... i was lost and now am found SCAustin 3:18

G400 9* Ahina 70 playing 44" = first shot was 287 carry, 301 very slight fade ... the rest averaged slightly better than the HZRDUS...

I don't care if it's a placebo, I'm taking this pill every day.  Even if I'm as delusional as Shallow Hal, please don't break this spell!
Can I borrow 25 yards?...you probably don't need them.
Ping G400 SFT 12* Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60
Ping G400 SFT 16* Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60
Ping G25 20*, 23*, 27* Stock TFC 189
Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
Vokey SM5 49.07F, SM6 54.10 S & 58.08 M
(SM4 55.10 M & 60.07 S) Steelfiber i80
Scotty Cameron Futura 5 CB 34"
Srixon Q Star Tour

#1079 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

Good Luck!

• 2,284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

myspinonit, on 13 September 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Gamble Gamble, on 13 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Can I borrow 25 yards?...you probably don't need them.

Haha I'd gladly trade a few yards to not have my standard once every 3 months meltdown where I either shank or snipe hook everything for a 10 day span.  

I've never hit a fade this far before, this club is special because it delivers low backspin fades... something I did not think was possible.

#1080 CliveBixby

CliveBixby

• 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318525
  • Ebay ID:medmpipn16
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

I currently use the standard G30 driver at 10.5*.  Went in for a fitting last week and tried the Epic, Epic SZ, G400, and G400 LST.  My miss is a pull hook.  The Epic and G400 were comparable for distance and performance on miss-hits.  The LST and SZ were both longer, but I saw more of a distance drop off when mis-hit compared to the standard models.  The LST had the longest drives of the fitting and most shots were straight or a slight fade.  

I went ahead and purchased the LST at 10*.  I've now had two range sessions with the LST and seem to be repeating results during the fitting.  I am hitting straighter shots and even some slight fades which i struggle to do with the G30.  Perhaps its the honeymoon period or the face angle of the G400 LST.  But either way, very happy with the purchase.

Ping G30 10.5 GD Tour AD TP 6x
Callaway 816 3W Fujikura 757 Evolution 3
Callaway GBB Heavenwood GD Tour AD DI 7x
Srixon 545 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X
Cleveland RTX 3 50, 54, 58 Modus Wedge
Bettinardi QB9

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 1 anonymous users

davidw88, leftie

GolfWRX Sponsors