Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ping G400 Drivers


1461 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team GolfWRX

  • Marshals
  • 7,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14
  • Joined: 04/01/2005

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:16 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 erjavicdesign

erjavicdesign

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68361
  • Joined: 10/28/2008
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:yugoslim
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

looking forward to testing the LST out!
I've had phenomenal results with the G LST!
If this is truly an improvement I may be in heaven!!

2

#3 lspky_muskie

lspky_muskie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443386
  • Joined: 10/13/2016
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

That's a good looking club.  If the performance matches, it will be in my bag.

3

#4 bstrong5251

bstrong5251

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285542
  • Joined: 11/25/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

Anybody else see on Ping's website and see the head size of these drivers being 445cc instead of 460cc?

4

#5 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 1202

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

View Postbstrong5251, on 10 July 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Anybody else see on Ping's website and see the head size of these drivers being 445cc instead of 460cc?

It's been known for a while that they would be 445cc. See the cover story or the Ping vids if you want more info.

PING  G 10.5°
PING  G 16.5°
PING  i25 22°
Callaway  XHP 5-AW
PING  Glide 2.0 54° ES, 58° ES
Odyssey  Black 7s
TM TP5

5

#6 sofla

sofla

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38058
  • Joined: 08/24/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

445 and being more forgiving than the G and G30.  As the villain in Die Hard said, "that would be a neat trick"
Callaway Epic
Titleist 917 F2 15
Titleist 816 H2 19 & 21
XXIO Forged 5-AW
Titleist SM6 54 & 58
Odyssey 7s Red

6

#7 Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205017
  • Joined: 09/28/2012
  • Location:In the trees
GolfWRX Likes : 432

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

when can we buy?

7

#8 dcosby

dcosby

    Buck Nasty

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101144
  • Joined: 12/31/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

This may be my first Ping driver since the Ti Si.
M2 Even Flow Black 65 6.5
M2 Tour HL Even Flow Blue 75 6.5
ZU65 20 degree LZ 6.5
718 AP2 4-pw or P-750 4-9 or P-770 4-9 LZ 6.5
T7 52, 56, 60 LZ 6.5
Artisan Mid-Slant 0117, Circle T Mid-Slant Newport, "Oven" Method 001 Mid-Slant, "Oven" Method 001 First Run, "Oven" Method 006, Toulon Madison, Garage Madison, Garage San Diego
TP5X or Tour B XS

8

#9 tbowles411

tbowles411

    So Yeon Ryu

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5395

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

View Postsofla, on 10 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

445 and being more forgiving than the G and G30.  As the villain in Die Hard said, "that would be a neat trick"
Smaller makes the head easier to square up while lowering the MOI more than the G and G30.
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Sigma G Piper 3
Ball: Titelist DT Trusoft

9

#10 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Joined: 08/23/2011
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1251

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

I can't wait to test the LS version and compare it to my G LST, I love my G LST, best driving numbers and results I've had in a long while...it is definitely a looker, very nice indeed at 445cc it would appeal to me a bit more since I've played smaller clubheads for the majority of my golf experience...again, I love my G LST so it would have to destroy it in order for me to change...I'll probably won't though.

Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Alta 55 X Flex, tipped 1", 44.5"
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Oslo (Ping Nome TR as backup), 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

I watched some vids of the g400 being hit and the sound seems to be spot on. That's the reason why I didn't keep my g ls tec. Even with hotmelt it was too loud for me. I think the refracting paint on the shafts is cool but the hzrdus for a small upcharge is probably the route I would go.
Cobra LTD Pro Elements Chrome 6f5t
Taylormade M2 3HL Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
Either Callaway XR 5w S+ 70x or Ping G30 3H
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4,5 tour 6-P KBS tour C taper lite X
Nike Engage 50 54 60 with X100 tiger stepped
Nike Method Origin B201 35"

Nike RZN Tour Black Volt

11

#12 mqmh_03

mqmh_03

    Equipment Junkie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109236
  • Joined: 06/08/2010
  • Location:Newport News, VA
  • Ebay ID:mqmh_03
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

Love the smaller 445 cc profile. This could be my first venture into Ping woods...
Ping G400 LST 10° Fujikura Atmos Blue 6x "Folds of Honor" edition
Ping G400 14.5° Fujikura Atmos Red 6x
Mizuno MP-18 Fli Hi 3i Tour AD 95s
Mizuno MP-18 Fli Hi 4i Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105s
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-7i/SC 8-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105s
Vokey SM6 Jet Black-stripped to raw 48°/54°/60° Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105s
Odyssey O-Works Black 7s slant neck 33"/2° flat

12

#13 JMO TO

JMO TO

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143629
  • Joined: 10/22/2011
  • Location:Toronto
  • Handicap:MID
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 10 July 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postsofla, on 10 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

445 and being more forgiving than the G and G30.  As the villain in Die Hard said, "that would be a neat trick"
Smaller makes the head easier to square up while lowering the MOI more than the G and G30.
Higher MOI than the previous 2 offerings. Tried the LST yesterday (coming from the GLST 9* and the 10*  G400 knocked down to 9* launched 2-3 degrees higher with my shaft switched over). Gained 2mph in clubhead speed, and obviously higher launch. No material change to spin #s. Not a game changer as far as carry/total, but I think that if I could get it dialed in, picking up 5 yards in a more attractive package with much better acoustics will be worth it for me.
G400LST 8* w HZRDS 6.0
CALLY EPIC SZ 15* w FUJI PRO 73X
Adams XTD ti 19* w Red Tie X
Vapor Speed 4i w Blacktie-X HYB
TM P790 5-A w Modus 125S
GLIDE 52* & TM EF ATV 56 & 60*
Odyssey Toe Up #1

13

#14 LazyLightning22

LazyLightning22

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473468
  • Joined: 06/30/2017
  • Location:Nashville
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

View Postmqmh_03, on 10 July 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Love the smaller 445 cc profile. This could be my first venture into Ping woods...

I agree. I've never tried out a Ping wood but this one will definitely get an opportunity.
Taylormade Aeroburner 9.5*- Diamana D+ LTD 70s
Titleist 909 F3 13.5*- Diamana Blue Board S
Titleist 909H 21*- Aldila Voodoo S
Mizuno MP 33 4-PW- DG S300
Vokey Spin Milled 50* 54* 58*
Cameron Newport 1.5

14

#15 Stetson

Stetson

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
  • Joined: 08/24/2012
  • Location:Nebraska
GolfWRX Likes : 417

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostJMO TO, on 10 July 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 10 July 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postsofla, on 10 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

445 and being more forgiving than the G and G30.  As the villain in Die Hard said, "that would be a neat trick"
Smaller makes the head easier to square up while lowering the MOI more than the G and G30.
Higher MOI than the previous 2 offerings. Tried the LST yesterday (coming from the GLST 9* and the 10*  G400 knocked down to 9* launched 2-3 degrees higher with my shaft switched over). Gained 2mph in clubhead speed, and obviously higher launch. No material change to spin #s. Not a game changer as far as carry/total, but I think that if I could get it dialed in, picking up 5 yards in a more attractive package with much better acoustics will be worth it for me.

Same shaft, both playing 9*, same spin rate and the G400 launched 2* higher for you?

Driver: None
3w: Ping G400 SFT (Xtorsion Copperhead)
3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Recoil 680)
3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Steelfiber 95)
4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
Putter: Ping Nome TR

15

#16 JessD

JessD

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132965
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
  • Location:OKC
  • Handicap:12.4
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

Our Golf Galaxy just put these out on the demo racks (some still had the plastic wrap). My buddy and I hit a few of them and the sound is SO much better. I want to demo them at a range and try it against my M2. These drivers have me intrigued. Great feel to them!
Titleist 917 D3 10.5*
Taylormade Aeroburner TP 3W 15*
Taylormade M1 Hybrid 19*
Ping G400 Crossover 4-iron
Ping iBlade 5-PW
Mizuno S5 50*, 56*
Mizuno T7 62*
Nike Method Matter Counterflex B2-05 38"

16

#17 95124hacker

95124hacker

    Rare putter collection

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356977
  • Joined: 01/07/2015
  • Location:San Jose
  • Handicap:13.5
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Still too much going on w.r.t. the crown, and the paint/finish screams "made in China" cheap still. Unless the performance is heads & shoulders above the 2017 M2 v2 or Epic, I'm not rushing out to get one.

17

#18 JMO TO

JMO TO

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143629
  • Joined: 10/22/2011
  • Location:Toronto
  • Handicap:MID
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostStetson, on 10 July 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

View PostJMO TO, on 10 July 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 10 July 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

View Postsofla, on 10 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

445 and being more forgiving than the G and G30.  As the villain in Die Hard said, "that would be a neat trick"
Smaller makes the head easier to square up while lowering the MOI more than the G and G30.
Higher MOI than the previous 2 offerings. Tried the LST yesterday (coming from the GLST 9* and the 10*  G400 knocked down to 9* launched 2-3 degrees higher with my shaft switched over). Gained 2mph in clubhead speed, and obviously higher launch. No material change to spin #s. Not a game changer as far as carry/total, but I think that if I could get it dialed in, picking up 5 yards in a more attractive package with much better acoustics will be worth it for me.

Same shaft, both playing 9*, same spin rate and the G400 launched 2* higher for you?
G400LST. That's correct.

Edited by JMO TO, 10 July 2017 - 01:41 PM.

G400LST 8* w HZRDS 6.0
CALLY EPIC SZ 15* w FUJI PRO 73X
Adams XTD ti 19* w Red Tie X
Vapor Speed 4i w Blacktie-X HYB
TM P790 5-A w Modus 125S
GLIDE 52* & TM EF ATV 56 & 60*
Odyssey Toe Up #1

18

#19 lspky_muskie

lspky_muskie

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443386
  • Joined: 10/13/2016
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

The numbers out there are pretty awesome.

19

#20 sandy

sandy

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2351
  • Joined: 07/11/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 247

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Tried another G400 LS and standard G400. Nice feel, no distance for me compared to G series. Also not a fan of the new sound. Many have raved about it. But since my driver SS is no longer above 100 the sound comes off as quite muted almost like the old Callaway FT iq. At least with the old "noisy" G LS I could tell when I hit the ball on the "screws". I totally mishit one drive (not on purpose by the way) and really nailed one...absolutely no difference in sound. Still wish the crown looked like the fairways, that are measureably longer than the Gs..

Edited by sandy, 10 July 2017 - 02:23 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Sniperman

Sniperman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67325
  • Joined: 10/09/2008
  • Location:Sunny So CA
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

 sandy, on 10 July 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Tried another G400 LS and standard G400. Nice feel, no distance for me compared to G series. Also not a fan of the new sound. Many have raved about it. But since my driver SS is no longer above 100 the sound comes off as quite muted almost like the old Callaway FT iq. At least with the old "noisy" G LS I could tell when I hit the ball on the "screws". I totally mishit one drive (not on purpose by the way) and really nailed one...absolutely no difference in sound. Still wish the crown looked like the fairways, that are measureably longer than the Gs..

What are your thoughts between G400 LS vs G400?  Any significant difference in performance between the two?

M2 Atmos Black

M2 Ozik

Ping G Tensei Blue

BStone J33CB CTaper

O-Works Red 7s or Betti ss8
Z Star XV


21

#22 moonshine

moonshine

    I'm finally a LTD believer

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,825 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Joined: 06/14/2007
  • Location:North Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 620

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Just search g400 and Shiels vids are already up.  Higher SS nets some impressive results!  I wish I could just buy the head...
"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

22

#23 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 881

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

From another site. I hate the look of the crown but I'm going to have to give this a good run against my Epic SZ.

A little background here… my average swing speed is 105 MPH. On my best day – and perhaps more so in my younger days - I sometimes ramp it up to 107. My ball speed seldom if ever exceeded 155 MPH. This is true for every driver fitting I’ve ever had. I’ve hit balls for Callaway, Cobra, Nike, PXG, TaylorMade, along with PING a time or two before. 109 , 160 and 300, that’s never happened. Never. Ever. Period.
I don’t know if the increases came from a decrease in drag due to a reduced crossectional footprint when the clubface is 40° open. I don’t know if G400 (LST) tickles my amygdala either. What I know is that 109 and 160 is a gear I don’t have, and yet there it is. And it wasn’t an isolated swing. 109 and damn near 160 time and time again. All that and mostly straight ball flight too. I know my game, and what happened on PING’s range was absurd in the most delightful way imaginable.
Subsequent on-course testing at my recent Member/Guest tournament at McGregor Links has completely validated what I saw at PING HQ. Playing from the back tees (the penalty for bringing in a 1 handicap as a guest), I found myself consistently hitting shorter second shots than I normally do from the more-forward white tees. Individual mileage always varies, but for it, the G400 LST is a solid tee marker longer. Again...it's absurd.
So roll your eyes at the aerodynamics and that stuff about the amygdala if you'd like, I understand, but I'm knowledgeable guy, reasonably well fit into every club in my bag, and I'm telling you I'm seeing upwards of 5 MPH in ball speed and increased distance on the course. If that doesn’t pique your curiosity, I can’t imagine anything will.
In which case, I’ve just wasted a good deal of time for the both of us.
917 D3 - Diamana White LTD
917 F2  - Tensei Pro Blue
915H  - Rogue Black Tour
4-PW 718 AP2's
50, 54, 58 SM6

Callaway O-Works 2 Ball
Bridgestone B330

23

#24 Marks23

Marks23

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3600
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Other than the different paint scheme, isthe Alta CB shaft in the g400 driver the same as the Alta in the G series driver?

24

#25 sandy

sandy

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2351
  • Joined: 07/11/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 247

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

 Sniperman, on 10 July 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

 sandy, on 10 July 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Tried another G400 LS and standard G400. Nice feel, no distance for me compared to G series. Also not a fan of the new sound. Many have raved about it. But since my driver SS is no longer above 100 the sound comes off as quite muted almost like the old Callaway FT iq. At least with the old "noisy" G LS I could tell when I hit the ball on the "screws". I totally mishit one drive (not on purpose by the way) and really nailed one...absolutely no difference in sound. Still wish the crown looked like the fairways, that are measureably longer than the Gs..

What are your thoughts between G400 LS vs G400?  Any significant difference in performance between the two?

I have used the LS head since it was available, but I think this year I need the spin and help of the Standard G400. I have a nice collection of high end shafts and also tried the KK and the copper OEM shaft. The best I could do was the new KK shaft in the G400 standard head, but it was more an improvement in dispersion and absolutely no measureable distance between the G and G400 regardless of shaft or model.  I am amazed at the claims of 10 more yards and 5-7 mph ball speed. Congrats to he people achieving those numbers as Pings own engineers only claim 1-2 mph ball speed (which is good staying legal). My slower swing speed doesn't seem to be the issue as I played with my nephew and his friend the other day. Both are players at major colleges and accomplished golfers (wins etc.). These are two different guys from the others I played with recently that also found no distance in the driver. They were supplied with Ping drivers and fairways to play with. Both liked the drivers as both had played G30s, but found nothing in club or ball speed compared to their Epic SZ and M2 respectively. The G400 was the same ball speed as the M2, but the Epic SZ was 2-3 mph more than the G400 LS. These guys aren't old geezers like I am and were easily turning 115-118, and 117-122 mph on Trackman.. but as unimpressed as they were with the driver both were very impressed by the fairway woods and crossover. One kid had a couple of the new Steelheads which he thought were very much a step up from what he was using, and the G400s were noticeably longer and confirmed by Trackman data.

Edited by sandy, 10 July 2017 - 06:06 PM.


25

#26 Sef

Sef

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296363
  • Joined: 02/11/2014
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:cbfleming1
GolfWRX Likes : 276

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

I have not been overly impressed with the tests I have seen on YouTube but I am going to get fit for this and reserve judgement until I see my own numbers... as I think every that has access to fitting should do.

I will go into the fitting really hoping it works out, I love the look of the LST.
TM M1 440 9.5 - Tensei Pro White 60 TX
TEE E8 Beta 15* - Rogue 70X
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-5i - DG X100
Titleist 718 AP2 6-PW - DG X100
Vokey SM6 52F & 58M - DG X100
Cameron & Crown M2

26

#27 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 697

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

Ping is really sticking too there guns with the aerodynamics agenda. I think that's the battle cry for nothing left to gain in head deisgn with current materials. I'm by no means a Engineer just my guess. I definitely think shafts continue too improve. BB

Edited by Big Ben, 10 July 2017 - 06:37 PM.

Irons: Ping iBades
Drivers: Pink Ping G
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 850
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge WRX
Putter: STX Xform 2
Balls: Snell MTB

27

#28 jimb6golf

jimb6golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135116
  • Joined: 08/03/2011
  • Location:Eastern MA
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

Really impressed by the testing from Shiels, Crossfield and especially MGS for this driver.  Seems like Ping's engineers have really thought outside the box to create this driver.  Increasing the MOI while decreasing the size is unbelievable, and increasing clubhead speed too.  Pretty impressive results observed.  As I'm playing a G20 driver it might be time to test out this new driver.  Might be new driver in my future.

28

#29 Kball10

Kball10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106847
  • Joined: 04/24/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

Anyone know where we can get more info on the shafts? I am looking for torque ratings, etc.  The Ping website does not have this information.

Thanks

29

#30 Always_rough

Always_rough

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462022
  • Joined: 04/04/2017
  • Location:Hawaii
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

 Kball10, on 10 July 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

Anyone know where we can get more info on the shafts? I am looking for torque ratings, etc.  The Ping website does not have this information.

Thanks

I'm looking for the same information. If you look at some of the websites that are allowing pre order, it looks like it's an Alta CB 55 gram shaft, regardless of the flex you get with it. Really want to know what the shaft options are going to be at launch.

2017 Taylormade M1 440 Tour AD TP 6x
917 F3 Diamana Whiteboard 80X
Mizuno MP-18 Fli-hi 3 iron
JPX 900 Tour 4-PW DG X100
Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60 X100
2016 Scotty Cameron M1 Mallet

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users


    jj3putt

GolfWRX Sponsors