Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Diamante Question

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293143
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

I have a question involving Diamante. I know there are a lot of previous post about the timeshare presentation but I have a more specific question regarding the greens fee to play.

I am visiting the first week in Oct and have a date/time already set up for the timeshare presentation. After the presentation I have a tee time with a $320 greens fee + caddie. I have read reviews on other websites that people were able to complete the presentation then play for free afterwards. Some reviews I read, involve couples being asked in downtown San Lucas by agents to attend the timeshare presentation and they can pick from freebies, including free green fees. Can anyone confirm or tell me they have taken advantage of this?

Many thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Carl Spackler2

Carl Spackler2

ZP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49549
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

This is a very inconsistent program. They do have street vendors offering "tours" which is apart of the IronMan Marketing company, they will make you feel like garbage if you do not buy. Just be prepared. Diamante is a fantastic property but damn the marketing team is a bunch of sh*t heads. Play the Dunes if you have a chance.
WITB 2017:

Callaway Rogue Driver'
Callaway Rogue 3-wood
Callaway Apex MB 3-PW
Chrome 4 Wedges 52 & 56
Ping Anser No.5 Putter

#3 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

Carl,

Speaking with the sales team directly at Diamante I received a tee time at 11am with a presentation start time at 9am. Is this a realistic time frame for the presentation? Also, should I cancel and take a chance with a 'street vendor' and may get the $320 green fee waved?

Thanks for any advice

#4 Upper Michigan

Upper Michigan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164731
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

I stayed with a dunes residency member who bought 50 weeks (good friend of mine) in 2015.  When we played it was $160 for a round and a replay rate of $40.  We played 4 of our 7 days but always played 36 holes due to the replay rate.  The dunes course is awesome.  Spectacular views but just be warned that the wind can be pretty viscous. Tigers course is no slouch though.  I enjoyed it as well.  If you were to play his course, you wouldn't be disappointed.  The comfort stations are out of this world.  Great food and drink.  You won't be hungry or thirsty at the end of your round.  

Just remember, if you do buy you can negotiate how many free rounds you get.  My buddy gets 10 free rounds for every week he stays there.  Other members we had talked to had 20 free rounds.  You can give rounds to your friends if they golf and stay with you.  I wouldn't reccomend buying, but the property is pretty amazing.

#5 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostUpper Michigan, on 15 July 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

I stayed with a dunes residency member who bought 50 weeks (good friend of mine) in 2015.  When we played it was $160 for a round and a replay rate of $40.  We played 4 of our 7 days but always played 36 holes due to the replay rate.  The dunes course is awesome.  Spectacular views but just be warned that the wind can be pretty viscous. Tigers course is no slouch though.  I enjoyed it as well.  If you were to play his course, you wouldn't be disappointed.  The comfort stations are out of this world.  Great food and drink.  You won't be hungry or thirsty at the end of your round.  

Just remember, if you do buy you can negotiate how many free rounds you get.  My buddy gets 10 free rounds for every week he stays there.  Other members we had talked to had 20 free rounds.  You can give rounds to your friends if they golf and stay with you.  I wouldn't reccomend buying, but the property is pretty amazing.

Can't beat those rates. $320 is definitely pushing the high side, especially when I read people getting the green fee covered to set through the same presentation I have too.

I'm lined up to play the Dunes course at the moment. Really looking forward to the entire experience.

#6 Upper Michigan

Upper Michigan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164731
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

Two other things:

Make sure you spend plenty of time at the driving range.  You'll be able to order sliders for lunch.  Just order all 4 kinds (the seared ahi tuna was great).  And they use pro v's with the diamanté logo at the range.  Definitly slip one into your pocket as a souvenir.  I still have mine.

And make sure to buy a hat or shirt from the pro shop.  It's high priced but who knows when you'll ever get back.  You can also ask them to shuttle you over to tigers course for a look.  The pro shop there Is pretty cool as well.

#7 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostUpper Michigan, on 17 July 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Two other things:

Make sure you spend plenty of time at the driving range.  You'll be able to order sliders for lunch.  Just order all 4 kinds (the seared ahi tuna was great).  And they use pro v's with the diamanté logo at the range.  Definitly slip one into your pocket as a souvenir.  I still have mine.

And make sure to buy a hat or shirt from the pro shop.  It's high priced but who knows when you'll ever get back.  You can also ask them to shuttle you over to tigers course for a look.  The pro shop there Is pretty cool as well.

Thanks for the advice. I hear the comfort stations are worth the money for admission.
Hope my wife don't kill me for signing us up for this presentation on our vacation. She doesn't even play golf.

#8 tjblue

tjblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288705
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

Visited Cabo about 3 yrs ago. An agent in town offered my wife and I 75$ tee-times along with the presentation. I wouldn't pay 320...You can get 2-400 dollars worth of goodies from timeshares and they want an extra 320?

#9 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Yes, I set up a tee time through their sales assistant by email and he stated, that I can get on the 'private course' by sitting through a presentation and $320 green fee.

Do you know if I have to go through an agent in town?

#10 tjblue

tjblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Everything in mexico is negotiable...call back and tell them you are going to cancel because the price is too high...watch the price go down.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 adschus

adschus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442448
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

I'm booked at an all inclusive for Mid December. Dunes is on the list to play. What is the process for setting up a presentation plus golf?

#12 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

View Postadschus, on 19 July 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm booked at an all inclusive for Mid December. Dunes is on the list to play. What is the process for setting up a presentation plus golf?

I emailed the sales staff. They got back with me pretty fast and set up a time. Told me they only have 1 to 2 tee times per day for non-member play. I've read reviews that the presentation is 3+ hours and you never are on the course at your designated tee time. Also many people say its a hard sale. So I guess I know what I'm getting into by setting up a tee time.

I have emailed the sales team about the cost tjblue, thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what they say.

#13 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

View Posttjblue, on 19 July 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Everything in mexico is negotiable...call back and tell them you are going to cancel because the price is too high...watch the price go down.

Update: so received a reply to my email saying to let them know if I can't do $320 and they will 'open my calendar to other clients'. So not sure if there bluffing or series on my threat not to pay the high greens fee.

I read that the presentation is up to 3hr. So 6hr for my wife and I to sit through a time share presentation to turn around and pay $320 for golf. I know its a top 100 course but I can't justify the 6hr presentation during our vacation.

#14 tjblue

tjblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

Well...you tried. You can always check back later. Never take the first offer...you usually have the leverage. Send them a thank-you for their time e-mail and if they change their mind about the costs, have their supervisor contact you (send it up the chain...someone you can negotiate with). I find it hard to believe you won't find a salesman down by the marina you can get a better deal from. A full day of vacation plus 320$ is out of my wheel house and I happily paid full freight for Pebble last year.

#15 berrykicker34

berrykicker34

berrykicker34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

View Posttjblue, on 24 July 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Well...you tried. You can always check back later. Never take the first offer...you usually have the leverage. Send them a thank-you for their time e-mail and if they change their mind about the costs, have their supervisor contact you (send it up the chain...someone you can negotiate with). I find it hard to believe you won't find a salesman down by the marina you can get a better deal from. A full day of vacation plus 320$ is out of my wheel house and I happily paid full freight for Pebble last year.

Paying to play Pebble is well worth the money. I value my vacation time, for time spent and price, I agree its not worth it. Really want to play Diamante but I have to turn it down for that price. May attempt to find a sales rep downtown or at the airport for a better price. Thanks for the advice.

#16 glk23

glk23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204261
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

I think I would have a hard time sitting through a 3 hr presentation and then paying $320 for the round. However, I do have to say that it is a great course.  Played it 3 years ago as my buddy is a Diamante member; played El Cardinal twice and the Dunes once.  The best was is we only paid $160, which with all food and drinks included is a great deal.  We are going back next year and will play it again at least once if not twice.  The comfort stations on each course are phenomenal.  We eat breakfast and lunch on the course with drinks of all kinds included.  My buddy gets 6 free rounds for the week at Tiger's course, plus next year we may try out the short 9 hole course that just opened not that long ago.

#17 tjblue

tjblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Bump...did you end up playing anywhere?

#18 smb4ua

smb4ua

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424554
  • Handicap:6.3
  • Ebay ID:stephentix
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:15 AM

I'm headed down in a few weeks and checked into Diamante. Someone in their marketing dept got back to me and I'll be able to get on. Serving us breakfast at 9 AM then a tour of the property (total of 90 minutes including breakfast). We'll then have access to the practice facility and lunch. Tee off at 12:30 for $225. Morning times are reserved exclusively for members and they only have 4 tee times per hour..I guess due to the time spent at comfort stations. Rate seems very reasonable when you consider prices of the public options.

#19 teeituphigh

teeituphigh

Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30165
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

I got the same reply, a little hard for me to justify being on tour with the wife and a 0% chance of us investing. It is a long way from New Zealand!

I received your email in regards to wanting to play at Diamante.  We’re excited to have you visit our beautiful resort in Cabo San Lucas.
As you probably have heard by now, Diamante’s “Dunes” designed by Davis Love III, is now ranked the number #1 golf course in Mexico & # 36 in the world by Golf Magazine.  Equally exciting, Diamante  has it´s second course designed by Tiger Woods called "El Cardonal", and if that’s not enough, we are also home of one of the biggest man made swimming lagoons in the world. Diamante is becoming one of the top resort destinations on the planet.

Although The Dunes & El Cardonal are private courses, we do offer a one time playing opportunity to qualified prospects who  participate in a property tour presentation.

We are actively looking for members and would be delighted to take the time to showcase our vacation, fractional and full ownership opportunities to you.

All non members are required to attend a complimentary breakfast followed by a Diamante Property Introduction, we will provide you with membership information along with pricing.  If you meet our marketing qualifications, I am able to offer you a promotional rate to play one of your private golf courses.  (depends on availability, we only have one hour per day of marketing  non-member tee times)

If you would like to find out more information on how you can play one of our private golf courses, please reply to this email.

#20 mikedejong

mikedejong

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90109
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 277

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:00 AM

Do whatever you have to get on the Dunes. It is amazing. I posted some pictures in the thread below. It's worth it.

Lefty TM R9 Supertri TP
                Lefty TM R9 3 Wood TP
                Lefty Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
                Lefty 4-PW Wilson Staff FG62
                Lefty 52-56-60 Wilson Staff FG Tour
                Lefty Scotty Cameron GOLO

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 glk23

glk23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204261
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

Didn't see a follow up, but I will be staying at Diamante in a little less than 8 weeks.  As I stated above we will be playing 3 rounds at El Cardonal and once at The Dunes.  Its been three years and I can't wait to get back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors