Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

College Resumes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TTT

TTT

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44269
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys. I graduate from HS in 09' and am hoping to play college golf in the US after that. For those of you who ar at or have gone to a decent D1 school what sort of things were on your resume? What kind of results am i going to need to get into one? im fom canada and obviously dont play in any of the good of the US jr tours. Im planing on making a trip down tho to play a few AJGA's  in NY maybe and maybe the US jr. would good finishes here as well as some from provincial and national canadian tournaments be enough to get into a decent D1 school? so im wondering what your resumes look like, if your willing to share, and what got you in

Thanks, Mike

TAYLORMADE M1 430 9.5* GD TOUR AD-GP 7X BLACK EDITION
TITLEIST 915 Fd 13.5* V2 96X
TITLEIST 712U 2i DG X100
TITLEIST 716 CB 4-PW KBS C-TAPER X
VOKEY SM6 JET BLACK 50* BENT TO 51* KBS C-TAPER X

VOKEY SM6 JET BLACK 56*/60* KBS C-TAPER S+
ODYSSEY WORKS #7 CH

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24446
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

I would say for us up in Canada the biggest ones

-Canadian Am
-Canadian Junior Am
-Provincial Am
-Provincial Junior Am
-RCGA future links
-MJt's to qualify for other things

And then if you go down and qualify for AJGA's and US junior

#3 LJ_GOLF1

LJ_GOLF1

FUBAR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46942
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

The deciding factor for my coach was seeing me play in a tournament. We happened to be at the same event. He had not heard of me other than that day. Most of the fellas on my team were found the same way and by word of mouth from current and prior team members. If you have your eye on a particular school it might not hurt to play in some local tournaments surrounding that school and then include them if you write a letter to that coach. They won't know to keep an eye out for you if they don't know who they're looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors