Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf shorts 9" inseam or less


71 replies to this topic

#61 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 40661

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 04 August 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postbigred90gt, on 04 August 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Attachment LENGHT-OF-SHORTS.jpg

The 10.5" inseam (in this picture, and yes, I know it will vary based on height/leg length) is BARELY acceptable, for swim trunks. I cant imagine why any man would want anything shorter than that.

because I'm 5'9 and any inseam longer than 7" goes below my knee. And you cant trust a man with shorts below his knees.

also the model in these photos is probably like 6'4 with longer quads than normal.

Wow, I'm 5'10" and 10.5 doesn't even reach my knee. 7" would look hideous.
I can even wear 12" inseams. They go about mid knee. I guess we are of way
different proportions.

Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

  



Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 40661

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

Glad I own lots and lots of golf shorts; mostly Nike. I won't need to ever
buy shorts again. The Nike standard fit was fine for me.

If the trend is going back to the shorty shorts we wore in the 70s and 80s
all I can say is I'm glad I won't be wearin' em'.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

  



Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

2

#63 Hilltopper413

Hilltopper413

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 289885
  • Joined: 01/02/2014
  • Location:Kentucky
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

View PostConrad1953, on 15 October 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 04 August 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postbigred90gt, on 04 August 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Attachment LENGHT-OF-SHORTS.jpg

The 10.5" inseam (in this picture, and yes, I know it will vary based on height/leg length) is BARELY acceptable, for swim trunks. I cant imagine why any man would want anything shorter than that.

because I'm 5'9 and any inseam longer than 7" goes below my knee. And you cant trust a man with shorts below his knees.

also the model in these photos is probably like 6'4 with longer quads than normal.

Wow, I'm 5'10" and 10.5 doesn't even reach my knee. 7" would look hideous.
I can even wear 12" inseams. They go about mid knee. I guess we are of way
different proportions.

There is no way that is true.  I'm 5' 10" and 10.5" inseam shorts are well past my knee.  And by my knee I'm referring to the very top of my kneecap, because no material from shorts should ever reach below that.  10.5" inseam on a typical 5' 10" person hits at the bottom of the kneecap, thus below your knee. A 9" inseam will typically hit the top of the knee, which is acceptable. I prefer an 8" inseam that is just above the knee.  7" is a bit too high for me, but can look great on certain people. Having shorts past the knee looks great on no one.

Edited by Hilltopper413, 15 October 2017 - 09:48 PM.


3

#64 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 40661

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

View PostHilltopper413, on 15 October 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

View PostConrad1953, on 15 October 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 04 August 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postbigred90gt, on 04 August 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Attachment LENGHT-OF-SHORTS.jpg

The 10.5" inseam (in this picture, and yes, I know it will vary based on height/leg length) is BARELY acceptable, for swim trunks. I cant imagine why any man would want anything shorter than that.

because I'm 5'9 and any inseam longer than 7" goes below my knee. And you cant trust a man with shorts below his knees.

also the model in these photos is probably like 6'4 with longer quads than normal.

Wow, I'm 5'10" and 10.5 doesn't even reach my knee. 7" would look hideous.
I can even wear 12" inseams. They go about mid knee. I guess we are of way
different proportions.

There is no way that is true.  I'm 5' 10" and 10.5" inseam shorts are well past my knee.  And by my knee I'm referring to the very top of my kneecap, because no material from shorts should ever reach below that.  10.5" inseam on a typical 5' 10" person hits at the bottom of the kneecap, thus below your knee. A 9" inseam will typically hit the top of the knee, which is acceptable. I prefer an 8" inseam that is just above the knee.  7" is a bit too high for me, but can look great on certain people. Having shorts past the knee looks great on no one.

Uh......the word I used is proportion. Not every 5'10" person has the same length
legs. Your legs would be shorter than mine obviously and you would make up for
that by being longer in the torso. Likely you would need your shirts/polos to be
longer than what I need. Height alone doesn't tell the whole story.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
    Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
    Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

  



Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

4

#65 ancdmd

ancdmd

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393858
  • Joined: 08/30/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostRickKimbrell, on 15 October 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

I know this thread is several months old.  When I read it the first time, someone had already posted about having shorts altered to the length you want.  10.5" shorts hit me just below mid-knee and are ok for most anything in golf except when I take my putting stance and they pull on my knee.  I have always had my shorts altered to 9" inseam.  Found some Fila shorts at Kohls online.  They have 2 offerings.  One is Fila Driver and the other is Fila Fairway.  Both have 9" inseams and are very comfortable.  So, if looking for 9" inseam shorts for golf, I would recommend looking into these at Kohls online.  They may have them in stores...no idea.  I rarely shop in stores any more.

This!  I bought a few pairs of the Fairway shorts, they're great shorts and were only $17 on sale.  Lightweight, fitted, stretch, and a perfect 9" inseam length for me.


5

#66 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Joined: 11/15/2016
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Oo, very interested in those Film shorts. Bummed out they are only online. Would love to try a pair on in store. Have a feeling 9" inseam is just way too long.

6

#67 golfer1g

golfer1g

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483600
  • Joined: 10/05/2017
  • Location:Augusta, GA
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:y5359
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Ralph Lauren Polo Andrew short 6" inseam.  New version is not as good as the old ones but fortunately the old ones last a long time.

7

#68 El Santo

El Santo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 252220
  • Joined: 05/23/2013
  • Location:Calgary, AB, CA
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

View PostBillyClub, on 04 August 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

View PostjacobEDGE, on 04 August 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:



Posted Image

Where is this guy's murse?

IT'S A SATCHEL!
I play so bad, but it feels so good!
WITB Link

8

#69 Newbs24

Newbs24

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57914
  • Joined: 06/13/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Never tried Ogio shorts but pulled the trigger since they are only $15/pair on their website... Probably will fit like board shorts.

9

#70 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Joined: 11/15/2016
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

$15? Great price.

10" inseam? My lord. Those are capris.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 bigred90gt

bigred90gt

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68580
  • Joined: 11/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 632

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostjacobEDGE, on 14 November 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

$15? Great price.

10" inseam? My lord. Those are capris.

Based on your picture above, with the 5" inseams, it looks like you could use some 10". Looks like theres at laste 5-6" below the shorts to the knee.

Hell, my boxer briefs are 9" inseam I think. 10" doesnt even hit my knee.

Edited by bigred90gt, 15 November 2017 - 12:33 AM.


11

#72 WAxORxDCxSC

WAxORxDCxSC

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458508
  • Joined: 03/12/2017
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Anyone tried William Murray? I want their stuff to be good sooo bad, but it’s also hard to imagine Bill in above the knee shorts.
TaylorMade M1 (2016) Driver 9.5* (Tensei Pro Orange 70tx)
TaylorMade M1 (2016) 3 Wood
TaylorMade M2 Hybrid 19*
Titleist AP2 4-PW (1/4 long, 2* upright)
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58*
Scotty Cameron Notchback 33"

Bag 2 (Nostalgia Edition)
Titleist 975D Driver (UST Proforce Gold 65)
TaylorMade 200 Steel 3 wood (with steel shaft)
Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
Cleveland 588 52*, 56*, 60*
Spalding T.P. Mills "Computer Milled" Putter

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors