Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tensei Pro White Prototype Hybrid Shafts


32 replies to this topic

#1 GreenGrassEvaluations

GreenGrassEvaluations

    www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com

  • Sponsors
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472728
  • Joined: 06/25/2017
  • Location:The Test Range
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

We are taking pre-orders for Tensei Pro White Prototype Hybrid shafts.

We have super limited quantities coming so don't delay.

Flexes
90tx
100tx

Price - $225

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20170505_114346 (1).jpg
  • 20170505_114400.jpg

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please check out our Products For Sale area above.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 4rheel

4rheel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
  • Joined: 10/26/2006
  • Location:OC, California
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

Is this Tollbros?

2

#3 GreenGrassEvaluations

GreenGrassEvaluations

    www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com

  • Sponsors
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472728
  • Joined: 06/25/2017
  • Location:The Test Range
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

View Post4rheel, on 26 June 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Is this Tollbros?

JT aka TollBros will be posting on this account, yes. He, Aaron, and myself Keith will all be using our sponsor account to post. But to answer your question in a different way, JT aka TollBros will be the one dealing with all online sales as well as conducting and posting all of our test content for membership. He will also be participating as a normal member as well from what I understand.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please check out our Products For Sale area above.

3

#4 4rheel

4rheel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
  • Joined: 10/26/2006
  • Location:OC, California
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

Awesome!  Glad you guys made it here as one of our sponsors.  Good luck to you guys!

4

#5 GreenGrassEvaluations

GreenGrassEvaluations

    www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com

  • Sponsors
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472728
  • Joined: 06/25/2017
  • Location:The Test Range
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

View Post4rheel, on 26 June 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Awesome!  Glad you guys made it here as one of our sponsors.  Good luck to you guys!

Thank you. We have been in the process of it for some time. Thankfully we will now be able to bring you Tour products and rare products that the community seems to love, as well as tons of cool testing and data threads which should provide tons of valuable information.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please check out our Products For Sale area above.

5

#6 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

No stiff flex!  Damn my piddly swing speed!!!
Taylormade M2 10.5° driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S Flex
Taylormade M2 Tour 15° fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade M2 19° hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 80 S Flex
Taylormade M2 22° hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 90 S Flex
Taylormade P790 irons 4-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
Taylormade Milled Grind Wedges 50°/10°, 56°/13° bent to 55°/12° and 60°/9° with Modus3 Wedge 105
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

6

#7 GreenGrassEvaluations

GreenGrassEvaluations

    www.GreenGrassEvaluations.com

  • Sponsors
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472728
  • Joined: 06/25/2017
  • Location:The Test Range
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

View Postnoodle3872, on 26 June 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

No stiff flex!  Damn my piddly swing speed!!!

I'm sure at some point, but almost all early Tour releases are TX flex only.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please check out our Products For Sale area above.

7

#8 rugbydave

rugbydave

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134770
  • Joined: 07/31/2011
  • Location:Texas...Damn It's Hot
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

Put me down for a 100TX.  If you can spec it out, please let me know.

8

#9 ohiogolfer58

ohiogolfer58

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 270508
  • Joined: 08/13/2013
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

Are these still available for pre-order?
<p>Ping G400 LS 8.5deg;/ Kuro Kage 70 DCXT
Cobra King F7 Fairway 14.5°/ Green Mamba X-Torsion XT
Callaway XR Hybrid 19°/ Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP30 4-PW/ True Temper X 100
Taylormade MG Wedges 51°-55°-59°
Byron Morgan DH89

9

#10 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

View Postohiogolfer58, on 22 July 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Are these still available for pre-order?

I've got 15 of each presold and am wary to commit any more in case I can't fill that order. I'm holding off on taking any more pre orders until I know for certain the quantity that is coming. 15 of each I know we can cover. I'm hoping these will be here literally any time.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ohiogolfer58

ohiogolfer58

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 270508
  • Joined: 08/13/2013
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

View PostTollBros, on 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

View Postohiogolfer58, on 22 July 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Are these still available for pre-order?

I've got 15 of each presold and am wary to commit any more in case I can't fill that order. I'm holding off on taking any more pre orders until I know for certain the quantity that is coming. 15 of each I know we can cover. I'm hoping these will be here literally any time.

Alright sounds good thank you for the update.
<p>Ping G400 LS 8.5deg;/ Kuro Kage 70 DCXT
Cobra King F7 Fairway 14.5°/ Green Mamba X-Torsion XT
Callaway XR Hybrid 19°/ Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP30 4-PW/ True Temper X 100
Taylormade MG Wedges 51°-55°-59°
Byron Morgan DH89

11

#12 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:44 PM

View Postohiogolfer58, on 24 July 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

View Postohiogolfer58, on 22 July 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Are these still available for pre-order?

I've got 15 of each presold and am wary to commit any more in case I can't fill that order. I'm holding off on taking any more pre orders until I know for certain the quantity that is coming. 15 of each I know we can cover. I'm hoping these will be here literally any time.

Alright sounds good thank you for the update.

We SHOULD have extras, but I don't want to over promise and under deliver.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

12

#13 ohiogolfer58

ohiogolfer58

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 270508
  • Joined: 08/13/2013
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

View PostTollBros, on 24 July 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

View Postohiogolfer58, on 24 July 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

View Postohiogolfer58, on 22 July 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Are these still available for pre-order?

I've got 15 of each presold and am wary to commit any more in case I can't fill that order. I'm holding off on taking any more pre orders until I know for certain the quantity that is coming. 15 of each I know we can cover. I'm hoping these will be here literally any time.

Alright sounds good thank you for the update.

We SHOULD have extras, but I don't want to over promise and under deliver.

  
Alright, that makes sense and sounds good.

Edited by ohiogolfer58, 31 July 2017 - 06:46 AM.

<p>Ping G400 LS 8.5deg;/ Kuro Kage 70 DCXT
Cobra King F7 Fairway 14.5°/ Green Mamba X-Torsion XT
Callaway XR Hybrid 19°/ Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP30 4-PW/ True Temper X 100
Taylormade MG Wedges 51°-55°-59°
Byron Morgan DH89

13

#14 JustinD

JustinD

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337209
  • Joined: 08/31/2014
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:badge_6
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

JT,

I'm guessing these shafts will be .370 tip diameter since it's a hybrid shafts and would need to be slimmed down to fit into a .355 driving iron?

14

#15 rymail00

rymail00

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Location:Plattsburgh, Upstate NY
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 492

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Just a couple quick questions. So are these the exact same material makeup as the White Pro shafts (basically identical feel, responsiveness, load characteristics as the wood shafts, but in hybrid version? hope that makes sense.)

Also any specs on the shafts yet?

Thanks guys!
Ryan

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 716, 5-gap Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
TP Mills Heritage 349g (in the bag currently)
Byron Morgan DH11 360g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
C&L 368g

15

#16 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

View Postrymail00, on 25 July 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

Just a couple quick questions. So are these the exact same material makeup as the White Pro shafts (basically identical feel, responsiveness, load characteristics as the wood shafts, but in hybrid version? hope that makes sense.)

Also any specs on the shafts yet?

Thanks guys!
Ryan

They are kevlar butt, but MR70 tip like the Pro Orange. That's for the Tour models. I have no idea what any retail model might be when/if it gets released at some point. As with most Tour stuff, the emphasis is on performance and not cost, so the highest grade materials are used. The feel is pretty much just like a heavy Pro White. Precise specs on Tour only stuff are pretty hard to come by.

View PostJustinD, on 25 July 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

JT,

I'm guessing these shafts will be .370 tip diameter since it's a hybrid shafts and would need to be slimmed down to fit into a .355 driving iron?

The protos I had were .355 tip, but I have no idea what the next batch will be until I lay hands on them, which should be a couple weeks.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

16

#17 JustinD

JustinD

    Newbie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337209
  • Joined: 08/31/2014
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:badge_6
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

JT

Can you compare the Tensei Pro White Hybrid vs HZRDUS Black 105X for a driving iron?

17

#18 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostJustinD, on 29 July 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

JT

Can you compare the Tensei Pro White Hybrid vs HZRDUS Black 105X for a driving iron?

The black feels a bit stiffer overall and hits a bit lower. The Pro White has a little more life to the shaft, but still stable and tight, and gets the ball a bit more airborne with similar spin. Some guys spin the white less because it doesn't have that feel like you need to flip it or hit down into the turf to get the ball to elevate. I guess I'd say it feels a bit more like a wood shaft than the Hzrdus hybrid.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

18

#19 golf4fun

golf4fun

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20660
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Are those 2 different shafts in the photos? Looks like different finishes, any of these still available?

19

#20 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

View Postgolf4fun, on 03 September 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Are those 2 different shafts in the photos? Looks like different finishes, any of these still available?

Same shafts. I'm clean out of these things at the moment, but I should have more in about 2-2 1/2 weeks.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 golf4fun

golf4fun

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20660
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostTollBros, on 04 September 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

View Postgolf4fun, on 03 September 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Are those 2 different shafts in the photos? Looks like different finishes, any of these still available?

Same shafts. I'm clean out of these things at the moment, but I should have more in about 2-2 1/2 weeks.

I'll take one when you get them!!

21

#22 hwu1

hwu1

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168513
  • Joined: 03/09/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

22

#23 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

View Posthwu1, on 06 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

23

#24 TJacks1908

TJacks1908

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207191
  • Joined: 10/15/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Do you know if Mitsubishi makes a pro version of the blue hybrid? On their website I only see a non-pro blue hybrid listed. Thanks!

24

#25 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

View PostTJacks1908, on 06 September 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Do you know if Mitsubishi makes a pro version of the blue hybrid? On their website I only see a non-pro blue hybrid listed. Thanks!

At this point they do not.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

25

#26 rymail00

rymail00

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Location:Plattsburgh, Upstate NY
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 492

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostTollBros, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Posthwu1, on 06 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.


So basically MRC is making Tensei hybrids shafts for the Titleist 818 release, and those Tensei are different, and are a slightly watered down version of this model, because they are using stronger better materials for The Tour guys. Which is not a huge surprise. It's basically what they've been doing the last couple releases with shafts that have been released almost the same time with Titelist releases?
TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 716, 5-gap Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
TP Mills Heritage 349g (in the bag currently)
Byron Morgan DH11 360g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
C&L 368g

26

#27 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

View Postrymail00, on 07 September 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Posthwu1, on 06 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.


So basically MRC is making Tensei hybrids shafts for the Titleist 818 release, and those Tensei are different, and are a slightly watered down version of this model, because they are using stronger better materials for The Tour guys. Which is not a huge surprise. It's basically what they've been doing the last couple releases with shafts that have been released almost the same time with Titelist releases?

Not a watered down version, an entirely different shaft. The TX is very much like the TX profile in Kuro Kąge Dual Core. The TX is an entirely different profile meant for Tour. Higher modulous materials, longer Kevlar section, lower spin, etc. It's an entirely different profile, not just a beefed up version of the stocker.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

27

#28 rymail00

rymail00

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Location:Plattsburgh, Upstate NY
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 492

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostTollBros, on 07 September 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

View Postrymail00, on 07 September 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Posthwu1, on 06 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.


So basically MRC is making Tensei hybrids shafts for the Titleist 818 release, and those Tensei are different, and are a slightly watered down version of this model, because they are using stronger better materials for The Tour guys. Which is not a huge surprise. It's basically what they've been doing the last couple releases with shafts that have been released almost the same time with Titelist releases?

Not a watered down version, an entirely different shaft. The TX is very much like the TX profile in Kuro Kàge Dual Core. The TX is an entirely different profile meant for Tour. Higher modulous materials, longer Kevlar section, lower spin, etc. It's an entirely different profile, not just a beefed up version of the stocker.

Thanks TB.

I'd love to try one but I don't bring that type of heat (doubt they'd make a 90g stiff someday). I'm not saying that the Titleist hybrids shaft are not good, but just a different animal than the model that's being talked about in this thread. That was really what I was wondering about the profile/materials, and it's now confirmed. Really appreciate the response, and love reading the reviews.

Thanks!
Ryan
TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 716, 5-gap Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
TP Mills Heritage 349g (in the bag currently)
Byron Morgan DH11 360g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
C&L 368g

28

#29 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1600

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

View Postrymail00, on 11 September 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 07 September 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

View Postrymail00, on 07 September 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Posthwu1, on 06 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

do the new Titleist 818 hybrids come with the same Pro White hybrid shafts just in different weights/flexes?

They come with a retail version. As with all Mitsubishi and Aldila product, the TX versions are the high modulous, higher grade material versions meant for Tour. For the guy swinging 100 or less, the retail is probably the better choice. For the guys above 105, I'd assume they would want the Tour version.


So basically MRC is making Tensei hybrids shafts for the Titleist 818 release, and those Tensei are different, and are a slightly watered down version of this model, because they are using stronger better materials for The Tour guys. Which is not a huge surprise. It's basically what they've been doing the last couple releases with shafts that have been released almost the same time with Titelist releases?

Not a watered down version, an entirely different shaft. The TX is very much like the TX profile in Kuro Kàge Dual Core. The TX is an entirely different profile meant for Tour. Higher modulous materials, longer Kevlar section, lower spin, etc. It's an entirely different profile, not just a beefed up version of the stocker.

Thanks TB.

I'd love to try one but I don't bring that type of heat (doubt they'd make a 90g stiff someday). I'm not saying that the Titleist hybrids shaft are not good, but just a different animal than the model that's being talked about in this thread. That was really what I was wondering about the profile/materials, and it's now confirmed. Really appreciate the response, and love reading the reviews.

Thanks!
Ryan

The TX is definitely for the player who doesn't like a ton of spin in the hybrid or driving iron, or who hits a high ball. There will be no stiff in the high modulous profile. Only TX.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

29

#30 Grantmur

Grantmur

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 437414
  • Joined: 08/21/2016
  • Location:The Woodlands Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Toll,

PM me when you get more in, I'd like to try one in my m2 lift


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors