Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

314 replies to this topic

#271 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19217

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Kuzma, Nance, Ingram and Ball is a really, really nice group of young players

I hope they do not trade any of these players to placate a certain 33-34yr old in the offseason by acquiring Kevin Love 2.0 whoever that may be

Those 4 guys could all play together at the same time, and there is a lot of size.

Ping G LS Tec 9.5 w/Tour Shaft 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#272 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 5877

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:06 AM

Imagine how great pro sports would be if every athlete handled their self like Zo Ball.

Edited by scratchswinger, 26 October 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#273 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

This rookie class looks great. There's like 5-6 guys who already look really comfortable out there. Ball, Tatum, fox, Smith, Simmons, kuzma, anunoby is doing ok in Toronto, even markannen is looking good.

Ball's handling of everything has been super classy.

#274 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1304

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Ok I realize maybe 2 people care, but Andre Drummond went 14-16 tonight from the free throw line.  It's kind of amazing what that does from a confidence standpoint for a player or team.  From being sub 40% previously, it's astounding that he's shooting close to 80% on the year, 9 games in.
Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#275 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Maybe he can teach Andre Roberson LOL

My friend is a huge Pistons fan. He always takes Pistons in his fantasy basketball. It's interesting to see Drummond's FT's and Aaron Gordon's 3pt shooting.

Can they keep it up?

#276 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1304

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 03 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Maybe he can teach Andre Roberson LOL

My friend is a huge Pistons fan. He always takes Pistons in his fantasy basketball. It's interesting to see Drummond's FT's and Aaron Gordon's 3pt shooting.

Can they keep it up?

Well that's the question.  They've got the makings of what they had ~10 years ago....namely a bunch of guys who can kinda play (some better than others) but no real superstars.  Honestly, if Drummond can keep up his FT shooting, that might buy 5-6 wins and make them dangerous in the playoffs (but not quite a conference contender).  I mean with tonight as an example, they won comfortably.  But with his previous shooting %, this is a last possession type of game.

Edited by chickenpotpie, 03 November 2017 - 09:17 PM.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#277 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Boogie's numbers are crazy this year....

It's really too bad. I think there was something there with Boogie and Davis, but the rest of their team is just so bad that it can't work. Their 3rd best player is like, Etwaun Moore. If they had put shooting around these guys with a competent point guard...

I honestly think they are so screwed up their best bet is to blow up the team and trade both guys. They will never put a team around Davis in the time they need to before he becomes a free agent. And because he is signed for a couple more years his trade value is very high.

There's a lot of buzz around a Boogie for Otto Porter and picks swap. And i definitely think they could rope someone with assets into going for Davis. Maybe the Lakers or Celtics

#278 sefus12

sefus12

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92725
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 05 November 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

It's really too bad. I think there was something there with Boogie and Davis, but the rest of their team is just so bad that it can't work. Their 3rd best player is like, Etwaun Moore. If they had put shooting around these guys with a competent point guard...

I honestly think they are so screwed up their best bet is to blow up the team and trade both guys. They will never put a team around Davis in the time they need to before he becomes a free agent. And because he is signed for a couple more years his trade value is very high.

There's a lot of buzz around a Boogie for Otto Porter and picks swap. And i definitely think they could rope someone with assets into going for Davis. Maybe the Lakers or Celtics

For the NBA's sake, they NEED the Pelicans to hang close to playoff contention.  There's not a better show in basketball than the Boogie/Brow combo.  Think Rondo can help at all if they can muster a bit of shooting from Holiday/Moore/Miller?
Nike CT 2.0 w/Kuro Kage TiNi 60x
TM Rocketballz Tour 13*
Titleist 913h 17* w/D+ 92s
TM Rocketbladez Tour w/KBS Tour S
Odyssey Rossie FB1
Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedges

#279 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

View Postsefus12, on 06 November 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 05 November 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

For the NBA's sake, they NEED the Pelicans to hang close to playoff contention.  There's not a better show in basketball than the Boogie/Brow combo.  Think Rondo can help at all if they can muster a bit of shooting from Holiday/Moore/Miller?

If they can hypnotize rondo into thinking he's playing for his next contract every game there's a chance lol... That's the only time he tries.

Yeah it's too bad, I really think with the right guys this team is awesome, but so many bad moves have killed them. I mean if they had a cleanish cap sheet maybe they could've had like, I don't know, , JJ Redick and Jonathan Simmons plus some other shooter (hmmm Marco bellineli, guys like that) I mean is that so crazy? I feel like that team would win games

#280 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Havenít been here in a while!

In my absence, Giannis has absolutely turned into a monster.. Iím so glad Dallas passed on this guy years ago for Shane Larkin!

Boogie is putting up video game numbers on a team with AD.

Porzingis looks to be the one to lead the Knicks back to relevance. The ceiling is the roof for this young man!

Ben Simmons/Embiid is going to be nasty in Philly should those 2 be able to stay healthy. Simmons is so dynamic. Fultz is taking the typical Philly rookie medical redshirt, as is customary with first round picks for them. Iím anxious to see what he looks like fully healthy.

Ball has been extremely disappointing thus far. He has a lot more to work on than I realized early on. His shot is so much worse than Iíd expected because he shot it reasonably well at UCLA.

My heart was broken for Hayward on opening night. I had an extremely similar injury playing ball about 10 years ago and for that to happen in his first game in a Cís uniform is devastating.

Cleveland plays no D. 😳

Boston looks solid. I canít believe how well Brown and Tatum are playing early on. Both playing decent D and being very efficient on the offensive end.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#281 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

The rookie class overall looks amazing. It's crazy to think that the top 2 picks , which were supposed to be locks. Are making people a bit nervous.

I'm convinced Lonzo will be fine. But he's such a unique player you really have to figure out how to use him. I said a while back that it might benefit him to play off the ball a bit and i wish LA would do that a little bit. He can shoot spot up jumpers well and he doesn't hold the ball long anyway. Like, look at a guy like Nikola Jokic, nobody expects him to dribble the ball up the court but he still is a great passer in the half court. I wish LA would acclimate Lonzo a little bit by playing him off the ball. He looks a little uncomfortable being pressured and maybe that comes with time. If it doesnt , i STILL think he can be an awesome shooting guard with a very unique skill set.

The concern with Fultz is that he may have the full blown shooting yips. Like Nick Anderson type shooting yips. I've never heard of a shoulder injury being so bad that you can play but cannot shoot from outside 5 feet. He literally refused to shoot when on the floor, and was airballing free throws. He has a crazy spin move and very nice handle.....but man, that shot.....ummm it's a concern

If they re-do the draft right now, crazy thing is maybe Tatum goes first and a lot of people criticized the Celtics.Including me.....Tatum looks like a veteran right now. He is extremely polished

Good for Lauri Markannen too, nobody took more abuse than him in the media and he has looked really good

#282 Joe85

Joe85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133711
GolfWRX Likes : 548

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

The Wolves are hard to figure out this year.

7-3 start - two of those wins against one of the favorites to reach the WCF, OKC. Then they get murdered by two dozen the other night against a KD-less GSW team.

Also, averaging the most PPG through the first 10 games in the history of the franchise, I think I heard.

Not sure where this team is, but I think they will make the postseason for the first time in a LONG time, though even that won't be a given.
Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Mizuno BR - 18* Mizuno CLK 23*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
                WITB Link

#283 Joe85

Joe85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 09 November 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

The rookie class overall looks amazing. It's crazy to think that the top 2 picks , which were supposed to be locks. Are making people a bit nervous. d

Who thought they were going to be "locks"?

I saw Ball get walked over in the NCAA tourney by whatshisface

He needed (in my opinion) at least one more year in college - and even then, he isn't some sort of generational player. If ESPN and the rest of the crowd bought into his daddy's loud mouth, that's on them.
Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
                WITB Link

#284 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostJoe85, on 10 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

The rookie class overall looks amazing. It's crazy to think that the top 2 picks , which were supposed to be locks. Are making people a bit nervous. d

He needed (in my opinion) at least one more year in college - and even then, he isn't some sort of generational player. If ESPN and the rest of the crowd bought into his daddy's loud mouth, that's on them.

Quite a few guys who watch a lot of college basketball were very high on both guys. I mean they did get drafted 1st and 2nd after all.

I wouldn't call DeAaron Fox a what's his name, pretty legit prospect in his own right

I think espn's obsession with Lavar is a joke, but Lonzo's ability to shoot in catch and shoot situations combined with his passing should translate very well in the NBA. He is just looking uncomfortable now when pressed

Kevin O'Connor at theringer btw is a pretty good writer for nba and college. Zach Lowe is the GOAT but he does not watch college. O'Connor actually was the only writer from a major site who had Tatum ranked #1 if I recall. Though he was high on Ball too, just talked about his release being a problem off the dribble

#285 Joe85

Joe85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 10 November 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostJoe85, on 10 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

Quite a few guys who watch a lot of college basketball were very high on both guys. I mean they did get drafted 1st and 2nd after all.

I wouldn't call DeAaron Fox a what's his name, pretty legit prospect in his own right

I think espn's obsession with Lavar is a joke, but Lonzo's ability to shoot in catch and shoot situations combined with his passing should translate very well in the NBA. He is just looking uncomfortable now when pressed

Kevin O'Connor at theringer btw is a pretty good writer for nba and college. Zach Lowe is the GOAT but he does not watch college. O'Connor actually was the only writer from a major site who had Tatum ranked #1 if I recall. Though he was high on Ball too, just talked about his release being a problem off the dribble

He shoots weird. Unorthodox.

I guess you could say that about Steph C too, but...I'm just saying, LA deserves whatever they get, because his daddy is the loudest loud mouth in the history of daddys in pro sports. I hope Ball fails, just because his daddy wrote a check his --- can't cash.

That might be harsh, but his dad has been so brutally arrogant that it just seems like it would be fitting justice.

Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
                WITB Link

#286 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

The hard part is Lonzo himself seems remarkably composed and humble in interviews, talks about teammates and staying focused etc...

You want to not like him because of his dad's buffoonery but it's hard. He seems like a decent kid

His brother seems to be in a bit of a pickle however

Edited by MtlJeff, 10 November 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#287 Joe85

Joe85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 10 November 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

The hard part is Lonzo himself seems remarkably composed and humble in interviews, talks about teammates and staying focused etc...

You want to not like him because of his dad's buffoonery but it's hard. He seems like a decent kid

His brother seems to be in a bit of a pickle however

I agree
Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
                WITB Link

#288 HoosierHacker89

HoosierHacker89

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99812
  • Ebay ID:Pinggolfer2007
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

It’s been a weird season so far, but I️t has been interesting as hell. I️ think that the magic, pistons, and nets having decent starts has been surprising. The dramatic saga that is Cleveland is always entertaining. My pacers have looked way better than I️ expected and kyrie has been the story of the league so far. Hayward goes down and the man is flat out ballin. Mad props to kyrie. He looks like a one man circus.
Cobra F7+ 9.5
TM 07 Burner TP 17.5
Adams Idea Pro 20 & 23
Bridgestone j40 dpc 5-A
Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 58
Ping Nome

#289 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

OKC had a better offense last year in terms of PP/100 with Westbrook just shooting every play, than they do with Carmelo and Paul George through 12 games...LOL

I'm sure that will fix itself. But the amount of "your turn, my turn" is reminiscent of the early Heat days. They are #2 in defense which is encouraging

Minnesota has a good record, but a negative point differential and is 28th in defense. That is not good

#290 Joe85

Joe85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

We lost to AZ last night. Had the game clearly in our hands and lost. Not good. Hard team to figure out, the Wolves.

Edited by Joe85, 12 November 2017 - 07:48 AM.

Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
                WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#291 HoosierHacker89

HoosierHacker89

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99812
  • Ebay ID:Pinggolfer2007
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

The wolves will be fine. I think its just a new team. if they are playing like this come this time next month then it would be a good time to panic.
Cobra F7+ 9.5
TM 07 Burner TP 17.5
Adams Idea Pro 20 & 23
Bridgestone j40 dpc 5-A
Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0 58
Ping Nome

#292 ringer94

ringer94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486556
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Not sure which is worse, my Cavs defense or Lonzo Ballís jumper.

Is there any doubt now that Carmelo is a team killer and not a winner?

#293 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Thunder didn't really win much last year so no. Lol

#294 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

The Thunder's issue is that there's no point to having those 3 guys if they are just going to all iso. They are not using these guys to create "better" shots, they are just swinging to them and playing iso. It's no different than just having Westbrook shoot 35 times

The good thing is their defense is great, and Jerami Grant and Alex Abrines look OK

Carmelo is a good passer, as is Westbrook. They should be able to figure it out

#295 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

The team that scares me if i'm the NBA is the Spurs, because i think they are sneakily better than they were a year ago. They needed one more wing and one more big guy last year, and there are some signs that guys are stepping up. They really only need one out of Bryn Forbes, Murray, Brandon Paul and Kyle Anderson to step up, and Rudy Gay to stay healthy.

Parker, Green, Leonard, Gay, Aldridge as a crunch time 5 with Gasol, Murray, Anderson, is a very solid 8

I think what puts them over the top is another athletic big to put next to Aldridge. The guy that really intrigues me is Cody Zeller who is not playing much in Charlotte. He'd be perfect next to Aldridge as a 5, and is a great screen setter and good rim protector

#296 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

If you guys could choose any of the below to start a franchise with and build around given their current age, who would you take?

Giannis
KAT
Porzingis

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 13 November 2017 - 10:49 PM.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

#297 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,370 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Has to be Giannis in a landslide

The real question is porzingis or towns at #2

Porzingis seems more focused on being a good two-way player than Towns right now.

#298 Joe85

Joe85

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 13 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

If you guys could choose any of the below to start a franchise with and build around given their current age, who would you take?

Giannis
KAT
Porzingis

All I know is LA looks damn stupid for passing on the Latvian.
Titleist 983E 8.5*
Sonartec SS03 14*
Solus 51,56,61
Seemore Si4
                WITB Link

#299 Peanut191

Peanut191

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostJoe85, on 14 November 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 13 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Giannis
KAT
Porzingis

All I know is LA looks damn stupid for passing on the Latvian.

Or, as Michael Rappaport calls him, "the Lativian Gangbanger"
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
915F 16.5 AD DI 8s
Titleist 915 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Titleist T-MB 4-W, Modus 120S
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

#300 Judge440

Judge440

Titleist will always have my heart.

• 1,549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11997
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 417

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

I know Embiid had the monster line last night but man is Simmons impressive.  He can get to wherever he wants with the ball and it looks effortless.   Dropped some really really nice passes too.

TM M1 Tour issue 9.5* - Atmos Blue
TM M1 Tour issue 15* - Atmos Blue
TM R15 Tour issue 19* - Rome 988
PXG 0311T - ProjectX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 50F/54V/60V - S400
Scotty Cameron Golo 5
ProV1

WITB Link

https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors