Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

301 replies to this topic

#1 Tailgater

Tailgater

Tailgating on the Back 9

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216143
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

The NBA offseason is now more entertaining than the regular season. The draft is tonight and I can't wait. What I will be watching for:

1. Who will my favorite team, the Mavericks, draft at 9?
2. If the Lakers don't draft him, how far does Lonzo Ball (and his father) fall in the draft?
3. How many UK Wildcats go in the first round?
4. How many times Jay Bilas says "length", "score the basketball", and "bounceability"?
5. How many trades there are?
6. How Rachel Nichols looks? Michelle Beadle too?
7. Where does UT Longhorn Jarrett Allen goes?

Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 sefus12

sefus12

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92725
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:56 AM

Yea, I'm hoping for some crazy trades tonight.  Just anything to get a bit more balance out there.  Maybe the Warriors/Cavs can just play for one title and the rest of the league play for the First Flight championship?

As for the Lakers, i'd bet they draft Ball.  And I bet in two years they wish they would have picked Jackson or Fox.  Just my opinion of course.

Cheers!
Nike CT 2.0 w/Kuro Kage TiNi 60x
TM Rocketballz Tour 13*
Titleist 913h 17* w/D+ 92s
TM Rocketbladez Tour w/KBS Tour S
Odyssey Rossie FB1
Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedges

#3 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19174

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'm more interested in free agency just because I think there's a chance another warriors-like team forms, which will at least add some drama to the season
Ping G LS Tec w/Tour Shaft 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#4 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

I've became a loner on the fact I think Ball is gonna be a great player. I think too many people hate his dad and don't wanna give him credit for what he has done.

Really wanna see what Dennis Smith does in the league. NC State had a terrible year but we are all blaming it on gottfried. He is very very explosive and when he makes a jump shot he can be unguardable. But he only did that once last year and it was at Duke.

#5 airjammer

airjammer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28903
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

LaVar Ball rubs my absolutely the wrong way. If you have to hype your son up this much, something is amiss. I would like to see the whole league band together and not draft him in the first round at all just to be a warning to all future "hype parents".

#6 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

I would love for someone to ask Lavar if he is ok with the team that drafts Lonzo having any white players, since that was an issue he cited at UCLA.

But they probably won't

#7 BoogieThumper

BoogieThumper

Sweet Jonez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309249
  • Ebay ID:Ronthesavage
GolfWRX Likes : 1075

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

View Postairjammer, on 22 June 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

LaVar Ball rubs my absolutely the wrong way. If you have to hype your son up this much, something is amiss. I would like to see the whole league band together and not draft him in the first round at all just to be a warning to all future "hype parents".
I never understood the whole over protective parent thing. I'm a new parent and I would like to think my wife and I know whats best for our children. Not some executive who may have "scouted" my kid. I would take a slightly different approach than Mr Ball, but I have no issue with most of his actions. His comment on white players was the worst though. He's gotta do better than that.

The Lakers would be crazy not to take Ball at #2
NIKEGOLF
Vapor Fly
Vapor Flex 5-wood set to 17*
VRS 3-Hybrid
Covert 5-AW
Engage Toe Sweep 54*/Dual Sole 58*
Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex
RZN Tour Platinum

#8 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 5876

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

People have a hard time separating Lonzo the player from the stupid things his dad says. They pick on his shot because that and his dad or all they can come up with. All this hate just makes me like the kid more, I hope he becomes a better version of Grant Hill or Penny and his dad never shuts up. Lol....

#9 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 22 June 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

I would love for someone to ask Lavar if he is ok with the team that drafts Lonzo having any white players, since that was an issue he cited at UCLA.

But they probably won't

I think he says things JUST for attention and he doesn't really believe everything that he says. He has done an amazing job marketing his brand by saying things that we don't agree with. His kids are half white for gods sake.

#10 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 22 June 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

But they probably won't

I think he says things JUST for attention and he doesn't really believe everything that he says. He has done an amazing job marketing his brand by saying things that we don't agree with. His kids are half white for gods sake.

Right now on the front page of ESPN there are two photos of Lonzo and one of his dad, there is one small photo of Flutz that is half the size of the other photos....

Team Ball = winning

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 airjammer

airjammer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28903
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostBoogieThumper, on 22 June 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I never understood the whole over protective parent thing. I'm a new parent and I would like to think my wife and I know whats best for our children. Not some executive who may have "scouted" my kid. I would take a slightly different approach than Mr Ball, but I have no issue with most of his actions. His comment on white players was the worst though. He's gotta do better than that.

I'm a new parent as well and I understand where you are coming from but he is dealing with experts that get paid millions to be damn good at doing their jobs..evaluating talent and selecting the best personnel for their team.

If my daughter was in line to get paid multiple millions of dollars to play basketball I'd take the money from anyone...play there until my rookie contact is up build my brand up then go wherever I want for max money. Lavar is trying to do that by playing in college..what a joke..too
many busts to be taken seriously.

Now if we are talking about football then as a parent I would see trying to pick the best team. As a quarterback I would absolutely pull a "Elway" and no way to a couple if teams who can't protect their quarterback. Easiest way to become a bust as quarterback back is to get shell shocked early in the career.

#12 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

But they probably won't

Oh I know. Like I mentioned in the NBA thread though I doubt Lauri Markannen's dad could say Arizona lost due to flashy black players

#13 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 22 June 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

But they probably won't

Oh I know. Like I mentioned in the NBA thread though I doubt Lauri Markannen's dad could say Arizona lost due to flashy black players

Of course not because that would sound absurd. Everyone knows you can't win without flashy players.

#14 BoogieThumper

BoogieThumper

Sweet Jonez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

But they probably won't

Yeah that would wouldn't fly lol. The last person to get away with saying something like that was Billy Hoyle when he said "You'd rather look good and lose, rather look bad and win" LOL

Edited by BoogieThumper, 22 June 2017 - 11:27 AM.

NIKEGOLF
Vapor Fly
VRS 3-Hybrid
Covert 5-AW
RZN Tour Platinum

#15 BoogieThumper

BoogieThumper

Sweet Jonez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

View Postairjammer, on 22 June 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostBoogieThumper, on 22 June 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm a new parent as well and I understand where you are coming from but he is dealing with experts that get paid millions to be damn good at doing their jobs..evaluating talent and selecting the best personnel for their team.

If my daughter was in line to get paid multiple millions of dollars to play basketball I'd take the money from anyone...play there until my rookie contact is up build my brand up then go wherever I want for max money. Lavar is trying to do that by playing in college..what a joke..too
many busts to be taken seriously.

Now if we are talking about football then as a parent I would see trying to pick the best team. As a quarterback I would absolutely pull a "Elway" and no way to a couple if teams who can't protect their quarterback. Easiest way to become a bust as quarterback back is to get shell shocked early in the career.
Valid points all around, but I wouldn't want my kid playing for the Knicks anytime soon :stink:

Edited by BoogieThumper, 22 June 2017 - 11:31 AM.

NIKEGOLF
Vapor Fly
VRS 3-Hybrid
Covert 5-AW
RZN Tour Platinum

#16 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostBoogieThumper, on 22 June 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

But they probably won't

Yeah that would wouldn't fly lol. The last person to get away with saying something like that was Billy Hoyle when he said "You'd rather look good and lose, rather look bad and win" LOL

We'll they told him he couldn't hear Jimmy!!!

#17 straightshot7

straightshot7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66294
GolfWRX Likes : 852

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 22 June 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

People have a hard time separating Lonzo the player from the stupid things his dad says. They pick on his shot because that and his dad or all they can come up with. All this hate just makes me like the kid more, I hope he becomes a better version of Grant Hill or Penny and his dad never shuts up. Lol....

A better version of Grant Hill and Penny? I appreciate your optimism but that'd make him an all time great. Anyone drafting him will be happy if he's anywhere near as good as those guys.

#18 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

View Poststraightshot7, on 22 June 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

A better version of Grant Hill and Penny? I appreciate your optimism but that'd make him an all time great. Anyone drafting him will be happy if he's anywhere near as good as those guys.

Lonzo has more swag than both of those old bums, at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

#19 Yanki01

Yanki01

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Handicap:5.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1683

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 22 June 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Lonzo has more swag than both of those old bums, at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

did you pre-order those knockoff Kobe shoes too? you drank the kool-aid?
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G

WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

#20 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostYanki01, on 22 June 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 22 June 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

did you pre-order those knockoff Kobe shoes too? you drank the kool-aid?

I live my life in flip flops or slippers and a robe or board shorts. Thought you knew this?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Yanki01

Yanki01

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Handicap:5.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1683

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

found em.

Posted Image
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G

WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

#22 knock it close

knock it close

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5226

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

I'm all in on Lavar, everything he does is more outrageous than the last, just when you think he's peaked he starts selling cards with his signature, its perfectly outrageous. I also think Lonzo is going to be good but he'll have such a huge target on his back with the media and opposing players the first year is gonna be tough. Every guard that matches up against him is going to show up like its a playoff game.
M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

#23 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

Wolves trade 3 prospects for two years of Jimmy butler.

What a stupid trade. I'd rather have Malik Monk alone than two years of Butler in a Warriors run league. What does this get them, a 6 seed?

#24 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

Lonzo is the GOAT, calling it now.

#25 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

Does everyone else hope the Celtics drop a ton of assets for George just so the Lakers can sign him next summer? I know that I do.

#26 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 22 June 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Does everyone else hope the Celtics drop a ton of assets for George just so the Lakers can sign him next summer? I know that I do.

I'd laugh if they did... I think trading for him is dumb unless you have lebron. Kind of like giving up 3 prospects for two years of Jimmy butler

#27 Peanut191

Peanut191

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

But they probably won't

Was I supposed to be reading that in the Darrell Hammond SNL Biography skit voice?
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
915F 16.5 AD DI 8s
Titleist 915 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Titleist T-MB 4-W, Modus 120S
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

#28 pinhigh27

pinhigh27

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73898
GolfWRX Likes : 2599

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

Suns managed to draft a player who wasn't a guard from Kentucky. Mind blown
How to be in better shape for golf?
Become a better athlete.
Don't worry about golf specific.
Compound lifts w/ linear progress
Don't forget the mobility work.
More results, more functional

Spin is not your enemy, everything is a trade-off.
17 * 1700 goes really far, but doesn't go very straight or consistent
8* 3500 goes really straight, but doesn't go very far
Answer for most is somewhere in the middle.
Pga tour driver avg launch conditions: 11* 2700

#29 JackpotJohnny

JackpotJohnny

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97333
GolfWRX Likes : 932

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

View Postknock it close, on 22 June 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

I'm all in on Lavar, everything he does is more outrageous than the last, just when you think he's peaked he starts selling cards with his signature, its perfectly outrageous. I also think Lonzo is going to be good but he'll have such a huge target on his back with the media and opposing players the first year is gonna be tough. Every guard that matches up against him is going to show up like its a playoff game.

Dude is a racist against white people and a sexist against women.
And my favorite team drafted his kid, giving him a giant stage in the second largest media market to further his baffonery.
I am besides myself, I can no longer support an organization that would overlook that kind of behavior.
Kid gets drafted and, and they do the interview with his dad ?!
And he starts promising the lakers are going to be in the playoffs.
What happens when they aren't? And he comes out and starts trying to throw Magic under the bus, or say they didn't make the playoffs because the coach is white.
It's really sad to say, but I hope it all blows up in their face.

#30 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

View PostJohnny4379, on 22 June 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

View Postknock it close, on 22 June 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Dude is a racist against white people and a sexist against women.
And my favorite team drafted his kid, giving him a giant stage in the second largest media market to further his baffonery.
I am besides myself, I can no longer support an organization that would overlook that kind of behavior.
Kid gets drafted and, and they do the interview with his dad ?!
And he starts promising the lakers are going to be in the playoffs.
What happens when they aren't? And he comes out and starts trying to throw Magic under the bus, or say they didn't make the playoffs because the coach is white.
It's really sad to say, but I hope it all blows up in their face.

So much passion and fire! Not certain about the racist thing. His kids are half white.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors