Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

DIY Powder Coating - Scotty

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CasperZR

CasperZR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471914
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Greetings, gents!

New to the forum here. Hoping someone would be interested in sharing some insight into a DIY guide or some processes on re-finishing putters and additionally, applying powder coat. I've gone through some searches, but haven't found too much to get me started in the right direction.

I'm hoping to keep myself busy with a few projects on some of my old sticks and it'd be nice to have my wife tell me that I can actually do something on my own.

Appreciate it!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Rig14Port

Rig14Port

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314753
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

Doubt powder coating is going to be a viable or affordable DIY option. You may want to google powder coating to learn more about how that process works. Maybe look at firing arm coatings such as cerakote and duracoat. Both are very durable coatings that can be applied quite easily. They also come in numerous colors. The cheapest option would be a can of enamel spray paint.
Taylormade 2017 M2 Aldila Rogue MAX Mid 75X
Taylormade 2017 M2 3HL Aldila RIP alpha 80 X
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 DG X100
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW DG X100
Vokey SM6 52F, 56M, 60M DG S400
Odyssey O Works Black 330M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors