Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Launch Angle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aron19

Aron19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127545
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

Alright so I've asked a few buddies that I golf with regularly this same question, but I would like to take this to the general public for some additional thoughts!

I've got the following clubs in my bag:

Driver - RBZ Stage 1 - 9.5 - Aldila NV 75S
3 Wood - RBZ Stage 1 - 15 - TM Stiff Flex
3 Hybrid - RBZ Stage 1 - 19 - TM Stiff Flex
4 Iron - PW - R7's - Regular Flex
Vokey - 50-54-58

For some reason no matter what club I am hitting the ball gets very high off the club face. I normally hit the 4-6 up towards the front of my stance a little more and thenthe rest of them more towards the middle.

I feel that I am losing quite a bit of distance off most of these clubs due to the high trajectory and I cannot find a way to keep the ball lower no matter what I've tried so far.

Anyone have suggestions?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 jakenlson0311

jakenlson0311

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119133
  • Handicap:+.4
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

Are you able to upload a video? Preferably a video from down the line and a face on. There are a lot of factors in play when talking launch angle. Do you know your angle of attack, spin numbers, launch angle ect. I talk to a lot of guys and they think they launched the ball to high and then when we see the ball flight it's actually a spin problem. If you have some of that info I'm sure someone will be able to help a little more.
Taylormade  M1 Rouge silver
Taylormade M2 GD tour  ADDI7x
Callaway xhot pro 5 wood kuro Kage 80x
Taylormade P790 3 iron
Taylormade P730 4-pw $-taper 130x
Taylormade MG 50 54 58
Taylormade Spider tour Black.

#3 TomWishon

TomWishon

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 3,590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45409
GolfWRX Likes : 3818

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostAron19, on 19 June 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Alright so I've asked a few buddies that I golf with regularly this same question, but I would like to take this to the general public for some additional thoughts!

Vokey - 50-54-58

For some reason no matter what club I am hitting the ball gets very high off the club face. I normally hit the 4-6 up towards the front of my stance a little more and thenthe rest of them more towards the middle.

I feel that I am losing quite a bit of distance off most of these clubs due to the high trajectory and I cannot find a way to keep the ball lower no matter what I've tried so far.

Anyone have suggestions?

A very high ball flight such as you describe is most typically caused by the clubhead passing the hands before impact which increases dynamic loft on the head and can also put impact more on the upper half of the face.  This happens when the golfer "flips" the clubhead on the downswing or just plain lets the left wrist flex forward coming into impact.  You'd need to work on keeping the back of the lead wrist flat at impact.   Search on You Tube for "flipping the club at impact" - this will not only help you understand how this can happen but there will be some drills you can look at to see if you feel like working on it.

#4 bervin

bervin

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
GolfWRX Likes : 266

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostTomWishon, on 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostAron19, on 19 June 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Vokey - 50-54-58

Anyone have suggestions?

A very high ball flight such as you describe is most typically caused by the clubhead passing the hands before impact which increases dynamic loft on the head and can also put impact more on the upper half of the face.  This happens when the golfer "flips" the clubhead on the downswing or just plain lets the left wrist flex forward coming into impact.  You'd need to work on keeping the back of the lead wrist flat at impact.   Search on You Tube for "flipping the club at impact" - this will not only help you understand how this can happen but there will be some drills you can look at to see if you feel like working on it.

Yep.  This is almost surely the problem you are having.  The good news is its easily identified and can typically be corrected with some practice.  Goodluck, OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors