Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Any Squash players here?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesy

Jonesy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90848
GolfWRX Likes : 731

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

Just looking to see if there are any squash players lurking around here...

I've played squash for about 12 years at a fairly high level, tore my calf muscles around 2012 ultimately took 2 years off because of injury and kinda fell out of love with the game but I've been back for 2 years now and loving it again! Came back from injury and started off in 7th division at my club and worked my way back up to 2nd div, we're currently trying to win our local winter league.

Any squash players here?

PS - looking for a new racket if you guys have any suggestions or know where I can find some decent reviews I'd appreciate it. loved the old Dunlop Aerogel Elite series but I just cracked my last one...

Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
Scotty Cameron Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

I played as a teenager and was nationally ranked in Canada. But that was 15-20 yrs ago lol...

But I played with guys who ended top 50 in the world and even hit balls a couple of times with Jonathan Power though he was 3-4yrs older than me

Haven't played recently, fun game!
Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#3 Jonesy

Jonesy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 19 June 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

I played as a teenager and was nationally ranked in Canada. But that was 15-20 yrs ago lol...

But I played with guys who ended top 50 in the world and even hit balls a couple of times with Jonathan Power though he was 3-4yrs older than me

Haven't played recently, fun game!

Congrats on the National ranking that's some solid squash right there, I barely managed provincial reserve back in the day.

Must have been pretty cool seeing Power up close! We're pretty lucky here that one of our local tournaments (Jarvis/Kaplan cup - Jarvis unfortunately has no relation to the Jarvis from Iron man) has a few of the top players in the world coming to play, these guys are just on another level entirely.
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Scotty Cameron Newport

#4 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

Power back in the day was on another planet. I remember watching the national U-19 finals and he beat I think it may have been Graham Ryding, who himself became a top 50 player in the world like 9-5 or something in the first game, got an earful from his coach, and then won like 9-0, 9-0 the next two. You couldn't win a point off him when he was trying

I finished #6 I think that year in u17 I think it was. I used to always lose to the Delierre kids. The oldest I think became world top 50 aswell

Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56
Callaway MD3 Milled 60/9
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#5 Jonesy

Jonesy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

Those 9-0's were always embarrassing, especially if you are an established player and especially wasn't even trying to start with. Now it's even more embarrassing with the PAR (Point A Rally) scoring, I've seen guys get done done 11-0. We're lucky to have a local guy in the top 20 in the world (Stephen Coppinger), my current league captain grew up playing against him and he said through high school Coppinger never lost a game, which I can easily believe!  

That's still good squash, sounds like you had a tough age group, every now and then you get that year that produces a lot of great players.

Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Scotty Cameron Newport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors