Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Volvik Vivid XT and S3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191632
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

Currently using Vice Pro neon red and just purchased a bunch of orange S3.  Has anyone tried both the S3 and Vivid XT? Appreciate any insight along with the swing speed of the reviewer.  I just got back from a golf trip where a buddy played the matte color Volvik and I am a big fan of the look and various colors.  Thought maybe the Vivid XT would be a good choice.

Regards,
Mark

Drivers - 10.5 Taylormade SLDR TP 430; 10.5 Geek DCT HOF Platinum; 9.5 Callaway Optiforce HOF Platinum
Irons - Yonex Ezone XP with EX300 Graphite Stiff flex
Putter - Xenon Golf Handmade kUtlus
Ball - Vice Pro
Bag - Mizuno Comp Stand Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 monkeyboy

monkeyboy

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49206
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

Just got a dozen Volvik S3, have not hit them yet.  Comparing against Callaway Chrome Soft.  S3 is clickier off of the putter.

I hit a Volvik (matte finish) Vivid that I found, felt good - not as soft as Chrome, seemed to do most things well.  I am not a fan of colored balls though...the matte finish is pretty unique.  I just find it distracting to look at when over the ball.

Will post my thoughts of S3 vs Chrome after a few rounds.  About 95 Driver SS, ~7 handicap, smooth swinger vs hitter.

#3 dingusflingers

dingusflingers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430852
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

The S3 and the prior gen Pro V1 are very comparable.  Blindfolded, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  This should be close to a Vice Pro.

The XT is unlike anything else out there.  Cover is hard, inside is hard.  It's a rock that can go really far if you swing fast.
Titleist 915D 8.5
Titleist 913F 13.5
Titleist 913H 17
Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
Bettinardi H2 Forged 58
Wilson Staff Infinite North Side
Titleist Pro V1x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors