Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cameron Champ


80 replies to this topic

#31 Galanga

Galanga

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1082
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:Carmichael, CA
  • Handicap:4-6
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Does anyone have a link to where they speak about this?  I missed it.  I too have scoliosis, so, curious how he has gotten around it and what form his scoliosis takes.

As a self-serving aside, he was at the Memorial Tournament for Ams at a course in Sacramento just last month.  Friends and I played in the pre-tournie scramble where they pair four paying golfers in a scramble with one of the Ams - charity for Folds of Honor.  We played with Cameron's caddy in the Open as our Am.  Jake - great young man - very impressed with him.  And, Cameron was leading but a local young man, Alex Lee (Fresno State golfer) beat him.  Alex pretty much grew up on our muni course, so, all around cool event and connection to the Open - rooting for Cameron.  Cameron was very polite and humble is an accurate description of his demeanor.  And, as has been well documented, can crush it like pretty few others that play for score.

  • Cobra King LTD Pro at 9.5F Aldila Elements Fire 60 S
  • Callaway GBB Epic SZ 3+ at 14.5N Weight Forward; Aldila RIP Beta S 70
  • Callaway GBB Epic SZ 5 at 18M Weight Forward; Aldila RIP Beta S 70
  • Titleist AP3 4-GW; KBS C Taper Lite S (110 gm); 1/2 over; 2 flat
  • Callaway MD3 54 W-grind and 58 PM-grind; Nippon Modus 130S 38"; 1/2 over; 2 flat
  • Wilson 100 Anniversary Milled 8802; 35 inch
  • Golf Pride NDMC+4 Gray and Iomic Putter Standard 65 gm Yellow

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,784 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1430

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

What's in his bag?
M2 17' 9.5* (xxKxx / v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x | <
*testing shafts*Mizuno MP18 3-PW (48* PW)DG x7 or x100 (2* weak)
54* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |60* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" Iomic
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
all woods & 2i hot melted WITB Link

2

#33 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5865

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

What a stud, never heard of him before this. I'll be rooting for him.

3

#34 lawrencedc1

lawrencedc1

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84594
  • Joined: 06/03/2009
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

 oso96, on 16 June 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

 mjen43, on 16 June 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

 jacksonalex, on 16 June 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

 mjen43, on 16 June 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

A Sean Foley student, too, I believe.
Did you see that he missed a season (maybe two) because of back injuries? Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

Yes, yes I did.

I think the back injuries are due to scoliosis.  It may actually help with his spine tilt and plane to hit it way far.
:cheesy:

4

#35 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12784

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Looks a little like



5

#36 sshoe9

sshoe9

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55972
  • Joined: 05/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

I think this kid needs to grow up a little now that he's playing on this level...


Cameron Champ Twitter


...we don't really need him giving us the finger on Twitter.

6

#37 bladestriker

bladestriker

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344
  • Joined: 04/26/2005
  • Location:No. Cal.
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

 sshoe9, on 18 June 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I think this kid needs to grow up a little now that he's playing on this level...


Cameron Champ Twitter


...we don't really need him giving us the finger on Twitter.
wrong guy
M2 10.5 ad-di 7x

TM RBZ stage 2 R.I.P. 80x



3-P PSI Tour-DGX100TI



Itsy Bitsy Spider



"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean

7

#38 Jasonic

Jasonic

    Gamer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Joined: 09/25/2013
  • Location:Queens NY
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2082

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

 bladestriker, on 18 June 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

 sshoe9, on 18 June 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I think this kid needs to grow up a little now that he's playing on this level...


Cameron Champ Twitter


...we don't really need him giving us the finger on Twitter.
wrong guy

Hahaha
Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

8

#39 sshoe9

sshoe9

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55972
  • Joined: 05/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

 bladestriker, on 18 June 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

 sshoe9, on 18 June 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I think this kid needs to grow up a little now that he's playing on this level...


Cameron Champ Twitter


...we don't really need him giving us the finger on Twitter.
wrong guy


Okay, upon further inspection, it turns out that's not his official Twitter. This is. I'm not sure why that other one came up in my search result (I was googling him for some info after the announcers were talking about his unusual swing speed).

That said, might that other one still be a former account of his when he was younger? The kid does look like him and there's a California motif in the background. If it is, his management team may want to clean it up now that he's under more of a spotlight and on the market for sponsorships, etc.

9

#40 ray9898

ray9898

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419990
  • Joined: 04/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

 sshoe9, on 18 June 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:


Okay, upon further inspection, it turns out that's not his official Twitter. This is. I'm not sure why that other one came up in my search result (I was googling him for some info after the announcers were talking about his unusual swing speed).

That said, might that other one still be a former account of his when he was younger? The kid does look like him and there's a California motif in the background. If it is, his management team may want to clean it up now that he's under more of a spotlight and on the market for sponsorships, etc.



Dude....you need to work on your detective work if you think those two guys look anything alike.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 HagginOaksPro

HagginOaksPro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311435
  • Joined: 04/26/2014
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

11

#42 HagginOaksPro

HagginOaksPro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311435
  • Joined: 04/26/2014
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

 drbonesvt, on 18 June 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

What's in his bag?

-Ping G400 Driver
-Taylormade M2 3-Metal
-Ping iBlade irons 3-PW
-Titlelist Vokey wedges
-Scotty Cameron putter

12

#43 Galanga

Galanga

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1082
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:Carmichael, CA
  • Handicap:4-6
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

Can you tell us more from what you have seen?  Particulars on his setup would be really helpful.
  • Cobra King LTD Pro at 9.5F Aldila Elements Fire 60 S
  • Callaway GBB Epic SZ 3+ at 14.5N Weight Forward; Aldila RIP Beta S 70
  • Callaway GBB Epic SZ 5 at 18M Weight Forward; Aldila RIP Beta S 70
  • Titleist AP3 4-GW; KBS C Taper Lite S (110 gm); 1/2 over; 2 flat
  • Callaway MD3 54 W-grind and 58 PM-grind; Nippon Modus 130S 38"; 1/2 over; 2 flat
  • Wilson 100 Anniversary Milled 8802; 35 inch
  • Golf Pride NDMC+4 Gray and Iomic Putter Standard 65 gm Yellow

13

#44 McCann1

McCann1

    Tour Player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Joined: 02/03/2016
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1306

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

More like Cameron T32nd, amirite? Hahahah ha

That's crazy good playing, and props to Scottie winning low am. very lowkey but got the job done

Edited by McCann1, 18 June 2017 - 08:04 PM.

Enjoy the chase.

14

#45 HagginOaksPro

HagginOaksPro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311435
  • Joined: 04/26/2014
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

 Galanga, on 18 June 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

Can you tell us more from what you have seen?  Particulars on his setup would be really helpful.

Cameron has his hands slighty behind the ball at address almost as if he's leaning backwards a little anyway to launch it up. But with a low spin, low launch shaft, it's actually a lower ball flight than the big bombers DJ, Day and Rory. Much lower probably. The wrists snap at the top just like Brooks Koepka. Both create speed at the top, which helps faster at the bottom.


15

#46 Pat du Golf

Pat du Golf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51687
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:12 AM

 HagginOaksPro, on 19 June 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

 Galanga, on 18 June 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

Can you tell us more from what you have seen?  Particulars on his setup would be really helpful.

Cameron has his hands slighty behind the ball at address almost as if he's leaning backwards a little anyway to launch it up. But with a low spin, low launch shaft, it's actually a lower ball flight than the big bombers DJ, Day and Rory. Much lower probably. The wrists snap at the top just like Brooks Koepka. Both create speed at the top, which helps faster at the bottom.

Does he play at haggin?
Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

16

#47 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:02 AM

 Pat du Golf, on 19 June 2017 - 01:12 AM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 19 June 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

 Galanga, on 18 June 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

Can you tell us more from what you have seen?  Particulars on his setup would be really helpful.

Cameron has his hands slighty behind the ball at address almost as if he's leaning backwards a little anyway to launch it up. But with a low spin, low launch shaft, it's actually a lower ball flight than the big bombers DJ, Day and Rory. Much lower probably. The wrists snap at the top just like Brooks Koepka. Both create speed at the top, which helps faster at the bottom.

Does he play at haggin?

As his home course? No.

17

#48 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:03 AM

 sshoe9, on 18 June 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

 bladestriker, on 18 June 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

 sshoe9, on 18 June 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I think this kid needs to grow up a little now that he's playing on this level...


Cameron Champ Twitter


...we don't really need him giving us the finger on Twitter.
wrong guy


Okay, upon further inspection, it turns out that's not his official Twitter. This is. I'm not sure why that other one came up in my search result (I was googling him for some info after the announcers were talking about his unusual swing speed).

That said, might that other one still be a former account of his when he was younger? The kid does look like him and there's a California motif in the background. If it is, his management team may want to clean it up now that he's under more of a spotlight and on the market for sponsorships, etc.

That is definitely not an account of his from his younger days. Doesn't look like him either

Edited by theboypinoy, 19 June 2017 - 03:04 AM.


18

#49 straightshot7

straightshot7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66294
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 824

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

What I said is what they said on the GolfChannel on Wednesday or Thursday.

I do agree with you that it doesn't appear that way on video, but that's supposedly what Foley told one of the commentators.

19

#50 Pat du Golf

Pat du Golf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51687
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Theboypinoy, where does he play then?

Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Galanga

Galanga

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1082
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:Carmichael, CA
  • Handicap:4-6
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Thx HagginOaksPro.
  • Cobra King LTD Pro at 9.5F Aldila Elements Fire 60 S
  • Callaway GBB Epic SZ 3+ at 14.5N Weight Forward; Aldila RIP Beta S 70
  • Callaway GBB Epic SZ 5 at 18M Weight Forward; Aldila RIP Beta S 70
  • Titleist AP3 4-GW; KBS C Taper Lite S (110 gm); 1/2 over; 2 flat
  • Callaway MD3 54 W-grind and 58 PM-grind; Nippon Modus 130S 38"; 1/2 over; 2 flat
  • Wilson 100 Anniversary Milled 8802; 35 inch
  • Golf Pride NDMC+4 Gray and Iomic Putter Standard 65 gm Yellow

21

#52 Potatohead

Potatohead

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124789
  • Joined: 03/18/2011
  • Location:Vancouver
  • Ebay ID:n8s_stang
GolfWRX Likes : 692

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

 straightshot7, on 19 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

What I said is what they said on the GolfChannel on Wednesday or Thursday.

I do agree with you that it doesn't appear that way on video, but that's supposedly what Foley told one of the commentators.

Foley wasn't talking about weight, he was talking about pressure.

22

#53 DBill

DBill

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

 Potatohead, on 19 June 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 19 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

What I said is what they said on the GolfChannel on Wednesday or Thursday.

I do agree with you that it doesn't appear that way on video, but that's supposedly what Foley told one of the commentators.

Foley wasn't talking about weight, he was talking about pressure.

I'm adding nothing of importance here, just thought of this when I read the reply.

23

#54 straightshot7

straightshot7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66294
  • Joined: 09/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 824

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

 Potatohead, on 19 June 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 19 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

What I said is what they said on the GolfChannel on Wednesday or Thursday.

I do agree with you that it doesn't appear that way on video, but that's supposedly what Foley told one of the commentators.

Foley wasn't talking about weight, he was talking about pressure.


And how does one apply pressure to his right foot (side) and back to his left or visa versa without using his weight?

Or was this a joke?

24

#55 Potatohead

Potatohead

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124789
  • Joined: 03/18/2011
  • Location:Vancouver
  • Ebay ID:n8s_stang
GolfWRX Likes : 692

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

 straightshot7, on 19 June 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

 Potatohead, on 19 June 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 19 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 HagginOaksPro, on 18 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

 straightshot7, on 17 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

They were saying yesterday that at the top of the backswing he has 100% of his weight on the left foot, then he transfers 100% to his right foot on the downswing. Foley, of course, seems to feel this is ideal.

Personally I can't swing like that and don't believe in it. Nor do I think any great player ever has...but if he is able to do it, more power to him.

This is completely INCORRECT.   Champ has nearly all of his weight on his RIGHT FOOT at the top of the backswing and launches into the left foot on the downswing.  I have many videos of his swing from many angles.

What I said is what they said on the GolfChannel on Wednesday or Thursday.

I do agree with you that it doesn't appear that way on video, but that's supposedly what Foley told one of the commentators.

Foley wasn't talking about weight, he was talking about pressure.


And how does one apply pressure to his right foot (side) and back to his left or visa versa without using his weight?

Or was this a joke?

Brandel and David were talking about it later on, they actually put the players on pressure pads which are zeroed at your weight and depending on your swing type and how much energy you exert into the pads, of course you can create more force than your weight. It sounds very Foley/sciency in terms of teaching but there is no doubt players now are leveraging against the ground to increase speed.

It's pretty obvious Foley wasn't talking about weight because it makes no sense in that context whatsoever.



Edited by Potatohead, 20 June 2017 - 01:25 AM.


25

#56 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

That just sounds like a recipe for putting a huge amount of torque through the lower back. It seems like modern teaching is aimed as getting as much out of a 10 years career than leaving a healthy athlete at the age of 45....
Titleist 913D3 w/Fubuki K 60S
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik regular shaft
TaylorMade R9 5 wood, Motore 70 regular
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees Stiff RedTie
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

26

#57 Pat du Golf

Pat du Golf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51687
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

Cam has always swung that fast before Foley came in his circle.
Credit his grandpa for that technique, Foley is just riding the coattail.
Some WRxers here know how Foley "parlayed" his way in.
Lol
Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

27

#58 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

 Pat du Golf, on 20 June 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Cam has always swung that fast before Foley came in his circle.
Credit his grandpa for that technique, Foley is just riding the coattail.
Some WRxers here know how Foley "parlayed" his way in.
Lol

Yup, he's always been able to hit the ball prodigious distances prior to his going to Foley

28

#59 hackalot

hackalot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9275
  • Joined: 01/02/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Watching the Walker Cup and he just pounds the ball. Huge drives
Cobra Fly-Z+
Titleist 913hd 18 deg
Ping S55 3-pw x100
Titleist SM6 54 & 58
Scotty Newport 2

29

#60 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Elgin, Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 1934

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Bob MacIntyre walking round with a T-Shirt that says Cameron...Who? After that thumping today.

Titleist 917D2 9.5 Stiff Speeder Pro 74
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08 and 56.10
Titleist Vokey SM6 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors