Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vice Pro, Pro Plus, and Pro Soft review

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 hammergolf

hammergolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35280
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

Had a good practice session last night chipping and pitching the Vice golf balls. A little about myself, played college golf and short game has always been a strength of mine. I've started to play much more again my 2 hdcp is trending back down to where it was a few years ago. I have been very interested in the Vice balls and bought the trial pack. First off let me say these balls are GREAT! They are as good or better than anything else I have tried.....

PRO PLUS- Just like the Pro V1X. In fact if the balls had no logos I don't think I could tell the difference. Lower trajectory, very high spin, slightly clicky feel. Performed really well.

PRO- Just like the Pro V1. Nice feel, slightly higher launch, slightly lower spin. Once again if the balls had no logos I would not be able to tell you which is which.

PRO SOFT- Very similar to Chrome Soft. Not quite as soft, but still higher trajectory with a little less spin than the other two balls. Had a little more spin than Chrome soft though.

I will be going out tonight to do long game testing on these and will do some more short game testing comparing the Vice balls to the Titleist, TaylorMade, and Srixon counterparts.

If the long game testing goes well, one of these Vice balls will be my new gamer. The exact same or better performance at almost half the price? That's a no brainer. More to come.....

Ping i25 10.5 Graphite Design DI-6
Ping G25 4 wd Aldila NVS 65
Ping i25 hybrid 19*, 23* Aldila NVS 85
Ping G25 5-PW Steelfiber i95
Ping Tour S Raw 50*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour 90
Rife Barbados

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 WKYTrooper

WKYTrooper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292863
  • Handicap:2.2
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

I've done a lot of testing lately as well. I've always been a Titliest guy but last year decided I was going to the B330S. Now I've thrown the VIce in the mix and I'm leaning toward the Pro+. I'm having a hard time deciding.

Let me know about the long game comparisons with the different models and how they compared on pitches from 100 and in. Feel off the putter, greenside spin, and pitches inside 100 are my biggest points to decide. I feel like most balls are equal in distance but let me know what you find.
TItleist 913 D3 8.5* RIP Phenom 70
PING G25 15* Matrix Ozik Black Tie
PING G25 20* TFC tour
PING i20 4-PW green dot
Titleist Vokey SM5 Black 51*, 56*, SM4 60*
Scotty Cameron California Fastback

#3 Newbs24

Newbs24

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57914
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:02 AM

Ordered their selected dozen off Amazon... Excited to give them a run in league

#4 8overpar

8overpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464198
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

I have played the Pro Plus on and off for a year or so. ProV1X has been my ball forever. The last round I played the ball stood up very well to lower iron/wedge shots. I find, at least in this dozen, the feel between the ProV1 and the X on all shots. I had to put a new ball in play after 14 holes due to an OB tee ball and it's in good enough shape for me to tee it up next round. After a 125yd 52 degree wedge it held up well. If you have never played on Champions Dwarf Bermuda you need a ball that spins, this ball does fine. Good thing about these greens is there is hardly a pitch mark either. If you do make one you almost bend your divot tool repairing it.
Another reason I bought an additional 3 dozen is price and I don't have to worry about is "Hey, what number Titleist are you playing?".
Inside 100 yards the ball responds well. For me under 100yds and chipping I always us my 52. It's just how I grew up playing. It's always had a couple of bounces and checked. Par 3 at 187 and used a 6 iron, I think it hit and went forward about 2'.  Last hole on Sunday I had 77yds to a front pin and it ended up being a "gimmee", knocked that in for a bird and -1 for the back nine.  I do have 2 dozen older (2013-14 run) ProV1 that I won in a raffle recently that need some attention too, but I think the Vice Pro Plus is my ball now.
Titleist 915D3 9.5° - Aldila Rouge Silver 70-S
Titleist 915F 15° - Aldila Rouge Silver 70-S
Titleist 716CB - KBS Tour-S
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/08 (F) - KBS Tour-S
Titleist Vokey SM6 60/04 (L) - TT Wedge flex
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
TaylorMade TP5X

#5 Pexeter

Pexeter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20064
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:03 AM

Love the Pro +, especially the lime color, very unique

Ping i200 Irons 5-PW/U
Ping G400 LST Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 Hybrid
Ping 54, 58 Glide 2.0 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Golo S Putter
Ogio Silencer Cart Bag
Golfboard - Surf the Earth!

#6 hammergolf

hammergolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35280
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

OK, had a chance to do long game testing on these.

PRO SOFT- To be honest, this is the ball that I wanted to like. A little different looking at the matte finish. Ball does get very dirty, but wipes clean. As far as performance goes, GREAT feel on full shots and driver. Not as soft, rubbery, or mushy as Chrome Soft, but definitely softer than other premium balls. I would describe this feel as in between Pro V1 and Chrome Soft. I noticed a little flatter traj off the driver then I expected, but distance was good. Mid irons held their line well, stopped fine with nice soft feel. Launch was a little higher than what I am used to, but not ballooning. The thing I did not like was spin off the full and 3/4 wedges. As stated before, inside 100 yds is the strength of my game. Had a 63 yd shot out of light rough. With other balls, normally I would hit that shot to carry around 55yds and release out about 5yds. Hit a good clean shot, and since it was a blind shot I assumed it was going to be a good one. When I got to the green, I saw my pitch mark at about 56yds and the ball was on the back fringe about 20ft behind the hole. It had released about 15yds. Also had a bunker shot on a previous hole that released much more than normal. Although I liked the feel and full shot performance, I had to take this out because of the lack of short game spin. And honestly was not a big fan of the matte finish. I could be wrong, but with the gloss finish you can almost feel the "grip" and friction the ball has, but with the matte finish I did not feel that.

PRO PLUS- It is a firmer, and clicky feeling ball off all shots, but not any different than Pro V1X, TP5X, or other similar balls. A little flatter off the driver than what I am used to, but very similar distance. Seems to carry a little less but run out and land a little hotter. Overall distance for me was similar to the other balls I played. Launch off the irons is similar to other balls and distance was the same. From 100 yds and in this ball is very good. Feels a little firmer, but good controlled spin. I liked the ball's performance a lot. Very good stopping power, spin and distance control, good distance, good durability. Nothing at all wrong with this ball. It is as good as anything on the market, I'm just a fan of a softer feeling ball.

PRO- This was the winner for me. Very good feel. Not soft or hard. just right. Nice launch, good distance. Very good off the irons. Stopping power was on par with any other ball in this category. Inside 100yds, ball was exactly what I like. I did notice that durability is actually better than other balls I have played. I hit some full wedges that would normally scar the ball a little, but the Vice showed no scuffing. Had a74 yd wedge shot from the fairway that was hop, stop, and drew back to ball mark. EXACTLY what I like in a ball. It is such an advantage to be able to control the spin, and I was able to do that with this ball. Some other balls, (Pro V1x, etc) it's hard to control the ball and not have it spinning too much on wedge shots. I spoke about the wedge shot I hit with the Pro soft from out of the slight rough. I went back to the same spot later and hit the same shot. This one from 63 yds did exactly what I thought, landed at about 56yds and released about 5yds. Basically, this ball is as good and maybe more durable than the balls I normally play. Factor in that I can get them at $25dz and that makes it a no brainer.

I'm going to be teeing it up again this weekend and looking forward to putting the Vice Pro into play!
Ping i25 10.5 Graphite Design DI-6
Ping G25 4 wd Aldila NVS 65
Ping i25 hybrid 19*, 23* Aldila NVS 85
Ping G25 5-PW Steelfiber i95
Ping Tour S Raw 50*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour 90
Rife Barbados

#7 shuddleston

shuddleston

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132450
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

I'm supposed to receive my pro plus Monday. These reviews just make me want them sooner
9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Itobori Black Copper Blades w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
Itobori Custom Grind 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

#8 shortgame85

shortgame85

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41904
  • Handicap:10.9
GolfWRX Likes : 340

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

I just ordered 5 dozen Pro Soft. I will adjust to less spin around the green. The ball works as advertised for moderate swing speeds: I noticed increase distance beyond the ball i currently use. Looking forward to giving them a more extensive trial on the course.
G25 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 20 and 23 degree hybrids
G25 5 - GW
Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
SC Futura X 33 "

#9 McMoo

McMoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456192
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

I played two rounds with the red (really salmon) pro plus alternating with the TPX I normally play. Overall it's a very good ball but I probably won't game it. To me it performed and felt very similar to the pro v1x at a much lower price point. Ball flight was lower than TPX, feel was slightly firmer and spin was similar on all shots. The main factor for me is flight. I seemed to be losing about half a club of distance and prefer the higher flight of the TPX. The main reason I switched from the pro v1x to TPX was higher ball flight and less spin out of the TPX. I'm exited to try out the pro soft in lime green to see if that's a better fit. I also might try to pro plus again on my home course since I played it on two courses I had never played.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero - 9 degree, draw setting, 12g weight forward, Fujikura Pro Green 62 X
3 wood: Callaway XR Pro 14 degree - Stock Project X 6.0
3 hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 20 degree - Stock Project X 6.0
4-pw: Bridgestone J15 DF - Project X PXI 6.0
50, 55, 60 wedges: Mizuno T4
Putter: Odyssey Works #1W
Ball: Bridgestone B330

#10 earleyrc

earleyrc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457212
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

I'm a big fan of the Vice Pro+.  Very similar in performance and feel to the ProV1x without the price tag.  Also, to be honest, in my limited time playing the Vice Pro+ (~2 months), the urethane cover on the Vice seems to hold up better to iron & wedge play than Titleist.

It could be an anomaly, but that's just been my experience.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 McMoo

McMoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

earleyrc, on 27 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'm a big fan of the Vice Pro+.  Very similar in performance and feel to the ProV1x without the price tag.  Also, to be honest, in my limited time playing the Vice Pro+ (~2 months), the urethane cover on the Vice seems to hold up better to iron & wedge play than Titleist.

Don't think it's an anomaly. They held up better than the TPX.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero - 9 degree, draw setting, 12g weight forward, Fujikura Pro Green 62 X

#12 benzenbe

benzenbe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402790
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

I've been really big on the Pro Plus, but recently ordered some Drive's since the Pro Plus and Pros were out of stock.  Haven't opened them yet, but does anyone have any experience with the Drives?
Custom Fit by True Spec Golf (NYC):
Callaway Epic Sub Zero (9.5*) with UST Elements Platinum
TM M2 3HL (16.5*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway

TM M2 5W (18*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
Srixon Z765 (4-GW) with KBS C-Taper

Titleist Vokey SM6 (56* and 60*) with KBS 610

Off-the-Shelf:
Scotty Futura X5

#13 Nic1972

Nic1972

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:32 AM

benzenbe, on 27 June 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

I've been really big on the Pro Plus, but recently ordered some Drive's since the Pro Plus and Pros were out of stock.  Haven't opened them yet, but does anyone have any experience with the Drives?
I played the Drive yesterday for 9 holes. Not a bad ball given the price, off the Driver and Irons feel was OK, distance too. Around the greens I had some difficulties to get used to the harder feel (I play the Pro Soft normally), but I cannot really speak about spin, as the greens were very soft.
The ball seems very durable, as I hit it into two trees and did not see any marks on the cover.
Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 (52 & 56); Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60) / KBS 610 120 / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Vice Pro Soft White
Glove: Nike Tour Classic
Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2

#14 earleyrc

earleyrc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457212
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:03 AM

McMoo, on 27 June 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

earleyrc, on 27 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Don't think it's an anomaly. They held up better than the TPX.

Good to hear that from someone else.  A few guys from my league and I split 5 dozen to get the lowest price point, and I will definitely be ordering more when the time comes.  Also, the Vice gloves are really nice if you haven't tried yet.

#15 texasmattaggie

texasmattaggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407412
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

I've been gaming back and forth with the Vice Pro+ and B330S. Both balls have been outstanding but I feel like the B330S is a little better around the green. I wouldn't say it's been an obvious difference and hell, it could be in between in my ears.

#16 McMoo

McMoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

I played another 18 today with the pro plus on a course I know and at the usually 90+ degrees summer weather. I was impressed. The high low spinning drives were back and spin on full shots was very good. The red color was very easy to track and spot anywhere on the course. I have about 3 dozen TPX, pro plus and b330 so I think I'll be rotating between them for the rest of the year. I also have a sleeve of pro softs to try out.

#17 ob18

ob18

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

Any thoughts on the Tour model & what ball it could be compared to currently on the market?
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Nickent OMEN Tour Series 4 putter

#18 shuddleston

shuddleston

Tour Winner

• 857 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Played a round with the pro plus today and I am sold. Distance was the same as my pro v1x and spin was awesome. I'm sold on these balls and will be gaming them from now on.
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

#19 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Pro+ (Plus) is always switching between me and my TP5 ball. I've never really gamed a Pro-V1 so I can't quite compare it but I've dabbled between those 2 balls, chromesoft Truvis (yeah...I'm that guy) and Snell MTB.

Like I said, the Pro+ and TP5 are my go-to tools but, I would love to try out Vice's other goods. They get great reviews and I might've read they're developing yet another ball to keep up with the 5 layer craze.

Buy these. you'll love them. My lime ones are always in the bag.

#20 shuddleston

shuddleston

Tour Winner

• 857 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting them availability of the neon pro plus!

MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Stanks

Stanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

shuddleston, on 04 July 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

I'm anxiously awaiting them availability of the neon pro plus!

Hold out. They're worth it.

#22 Underlined.i

Underlined.i

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106566
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

I've gone through my trial of Pro, Pro + and Soft. I actually like each model quite a bit, but as I am usually just a white ball guy, I will be opting for the best color choice. To me, that's the matte finish of the Soft. If they're ever in stock again, I want to get a mix of Lime and Red.

#23 stevegp

stevegp

ClubWRX Charter Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3278
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

Underlined.i, on 04 July 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

I've gone through my trial of Pro, Pro + and Soft. I actually like each model quite a bit, but as I am usually just a white ball guy, I will be opting for the best color choice. To me, that's the matte finish of the Soft. If they're ever in stock again, I want to get a mix of Lime and Red.

The Pro Soft White are back in stock. The Yellow (Lime) and the Red will be restocked on July 10.
stevegp

#24 braveheart

braveheart

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 862
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Love the pro plus. Around the green it's just like a pro v1x, spins and stops well. Off the putter the pro plus shines like no other.

#25 nix

nix

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460232
  • Handicap:21.0
GolfWRX Likes : 488

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

I've played the pro+ and now the pro. I bought the pros from someone, not sure how long they had them, but I've found that on the pros I'm cutting them very easily with my shots. Is it me, my irons, the ball or is that just how they play?

I really love both balls by the way.

#26 dingusflingers

dingusflingers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430852
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

Have we ever done a list of the FGM balls?  I'd be interested to know which balls are the same as others, for a given price and availability.
Titleist 915D 8.5
Titleist 913F 15
Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
Vokey SM6 56
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
Volvik S3

#27 maverick1st

maverick1st

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475576
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Switched to the Pro Plus this year. Love the feel and i havent noticed any loss in distance. Would like to try a Pro for a comparison. I am going to grab some off a buddy next week.

#28 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,655 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 984

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Tried the Vice Pro today, really liked it off the tee and irons, wedges were okay but had a tough time adjusting to it with the putter.  I'll give it a try again tomorrow, hopefully things will go better with the putter.

#29 monks66

monks66

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

new2g0lf, on 26 July 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Tried the Vice Pro today, really liked it off the tee and irons, wedges were okay but had a tough time adjusting to it with the putter.  I'll give it a try again tomorrow, hopefully things will go better with the putter.

what didnt you like off putter

#30 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,655 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 984

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

monks66, on 26 July 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

new2g0lf, on 26 July 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

what didnt you like off putter
They seems a bit clicky, had trouble getting a good feel for distance with them, especially compared to Snell MTB and KSig.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors